Roof top~gargoyle

By Fablemoon23

["I gotta testify... I gotta testify for you and I." Joker growled as he turned to look at Bruce. No humour w... More

His smile was gone~
No one dances with you like i do.
Monster is all that was written
Dancing with the pale devil~
Smile for me~

Arkham

408 11 6
By Fablemoon23

~
Chapter 5

Bruce ditched the event early, he was out the door by 9:30 that night and got a cab and headed home.

He walked into the front door to be met with Alfred who had a concerned look on his face. "Master Bruce, is everything alright?"

Bruce didn't reply he walked over to the piano, pressed the key and opened the elevator to the batcave.

The elevator ride was quiet as they got down and the door opened and Bruce walked in.

The squeals, and chirps and rustling of the bats could be heard as a few went flying off into the midnight air. Bruce walked over to the police radio turning it on, As he sat down.

Bruce was going over some things as Alfred waited for the right moment to ask any questions.

"Sometime isn't adding up. Joker was let out of Arkham. But the file that oracle sent me said he escaped. The thing is, joker's story and the files aren't adding up, and not to
Mention Not to long ago something happened, with Dr. young and joker, and now this..." Bruce was now mumbling to himself.

"Sir, you aren't really making any sense. What does Dr young have to do with the Joker?" Alfred asked.

"Dr young [when she was alive] and another doctor was seeing Joker at the time, all his treatments. Medicine everything.  She and that doctor was in charge of everything that happened to him.." Bruce said now mumbling as he read the file for what seemed to be the 20th time. "So you're saying something took place during Arkham that caused exactly what?" Alfred asked. "Something happened in Arkham that's changed joker, or tried to change joker. He isn't, he isn't actually acting like the joker." Bruce said as he began to suit up.

"His not acting like the joker I know.' Bruce wanted to say but didn't.

"Wait. You're saying that some type of rehabilitation, or some type of therapy took place with the joker which is causing his strange behaviour now..?" Alfred asked. "Something like that." Bruce mumbled. "And why do you really care, sir. I don't mean to sound so cruel but if I know the joker. He isn't gonna like you digging into his past. Which god forbid, how many of those he has." Alfred said.

"He might not like it, but he will get over it. Fast." Was all Bruce said and with that Bruce was gone. Heading straight to Arkham.

<I've confused myself a little with this plot I'm so sorry>

Bruce stood in front of the Arkham's security door, waiting to gain access in order to walk through. When the doors open three to four guard where standing guard. "You better have a good reason to be here so late." Commissioner Gordon growled as he stood there looking at Bruce. "Better late then never." Bruce replied as he and Gordon walked down the hall ways.

"The place is still a mess, from where some ill inmates managed to escape and went on a rampage. Thank god that we managed to get them under control." Gordon said. "Gordon, I have a few questions, involving him." Bats looked at Gordon who looked a little pale. "Look, you know he escaped a mouth or so ago. Nobody has heard from him, or seen him." Gordon said lowering his voice and giving bats a concerned look.

"I may have had a run in with him. And the way he talks he didn't escape. He was set free." Bats growled.

"Who the hell would set that madman free?" Gordon growled. "That's why I'm here. Something happened the last time he was here." Bats growled.

"You're saying that, somebody... just let him out. Tha-that's insane! Nobody in their right mind would do that! Not unless it was Harley Quinn.. which god- forbid.." Gordon was just as concerned and confused as Bruce was.

"You said some inmates got out? What was that about?"  Bruce asked as him and Gordon made their way down the hall way into a control room. Bruce was looking at the camera footage.

"Something went wrong with some of the cells and they managed to escape. Nothing to major, nothing my team couldn't handle. Why? You figuring out something?" Gordon asked.

"If joker escaped a mouth ago then that means... he was in charge of the inmates escaping?" Gordon interrupted Bruce. "This isn't adding up. Joker was set free, but who, who would do something so dangerous.."  Gordon mumbled. "And who ever managed to set joker free set the inmates free as well. They tried to detract your team in order for joker to escape!" Bruce growled. "Who was on call that night to watch the inmates?" Bruce growled as he began to go through camera footage after camera footage.

"Hell I don't know, one of the doctors I think." Gordon said with a shrug and walked over to stand beside bats, he looked at the camera monitor.

"Wait backup a little.." Bruce backed up the footage. "Right there!" Gordon pointed to a cell containing joker at the time. "Who tha' hell... how the hell did he manage.." Gordon was just as shocked at Bruce was. Standing in front of joker's cell was no other then scarecrow, Jonathan Crane.

"Wait wasn't he a doctor?" Gordon asked looking at Bats. "Yeah, before he went crazy." Bruce replied trying to figure things out.

"So Crane managed to escape his cell without anybody knowing, he let out the inmates out to lure the guards away and Managed to let the joker escape, but why?" Gordon asked. "I don't know. There was a strange experiment going on the time that Dr. young was alive." Bruce said.

"Do you think he let joker go cause he knows if joker said anything people would think he was doing his normal scheme of horrible jokes?" Gordon asked. "The question is, if he did, what kinda experiments took place that lead up to this?" Bruce growled. Gordon shrugged. "Beats me."

"Other question that's bothering me." Bruce said eyeing the camera footage. "What's that?" Gordon asked. "If joker was experimented on, there is no telling who else was experimented on." Bats growled. "Your saying there might be more.." Gordon asked. "There is only one who can answers these questions, it would be..." Bats looked at Gordon as Gordon turned to look at batman.

"Joker."

~ (a trigger warning sorry ;;-;;)

Of course joker wouldn't make it easy. He would probably make up some lie, or he would joke around about it. But at the moment, the way joker had been acting he might just confess. With just a little hope, Bruce made his way straight back to the mill where joker was staying.

He took a breath, he wasn't prepared for what was waiting for him on the other side of the door. With a sigh he opened the door to find something that terrified him.

"Joker.."

Joker was stretched out across his mattress with no sign of life. "Joker!" Bruce growled as he stepped closer.
"Bats, do you have to be.. so damn.. loud!" Joker growled as he opened his eyes. Bruce sighed a sigh of relief. At least he was still breathing. What caught Bruce's attention was joker's wrists tho. They had dried blood still on them. "Dammit joker. What the hell did you do?" Bruce growled, he knew getting close to joker would probably cause some conflict, but at the moment he really was concerned.

"Why don't you.. just go. Leave me be." Joker growled as he tried to lean up.

"Because if I leave you be, you might actually just die." Bruce growled as he sat down on the mattress beside joker.

"Wouldn't you want that?" Joker growled. "No. No I wouldn't." Bruce said looking down at joker.

"Why? Haven't I caused you enough pain? I killed one of your~ shut up joker." Bruce growled.

Joker let out a sigh and sat up, Bruce reached a hand over and grabbed joker by the wrist, which joker with ease allowed. "You need to let them heal, Jay. You're not helping yourself, not healing yourself by doing this, you need to have these looked at." Bruce said gently. Joker leaned his head up and looked at Bruce.

"What would you know? You're just a... a man who walks around in a fuckin costume and hides behind a mask!" Joker growled. Bruce gently ran a thumb over joker's wrist and gently cupped the side of joker's face gently. "Then we're both the same. because right now, you're hiding behind." Bruce paused to run a thumb over Joker's bottom lip. "This frown." Bruce whispered. Joker let out a growl and turn his attention to somewhere else. "What do you really want bats? Other then trying to "get me started." Joker growled. "I want answers." Bruce said as he dropped his hand away from joker's face. His other hand remaining on his wrist. "Answers?" Joker raises a green eyebrow. "I want answers. And I want them now." Bruce said.

~~~~
I'm so sorry for the wait. I've been sick still. Anyways it's late as I write this so I'm off to bed. I hope you all enjoy the chapter. I promise updates will get get better. <3

~fable~

Edit: okay, so I was going back through some of these chapter and fixing a few things. And I realized that this chapter was really rushed and I'm deeply sorry about that. I'm working on trying to make these chapters actually interesting.

~thx again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.2M 201K 31
After she tragically loses her mother, Cassie turns to street fighting-but she soon learns that the biggest fights happen outside the ring. ...