~Scared~

By its-me-ellie

Maya Hart. Alone. Bullied. Broken. Scared. Maya's hurting. She feels like a fragile piec... More

My Life
Missy
Home
He's Back!
Riley's POV
Sleepover
The Next Day
Bad News
Sucks To Be Me
Returning Home
Nightmares
Back at School
Dead Inside
Thank You All!!!
Not Alone
Maya
Just Thunder
Too Much
Heya People
Jealousy
Scared
I'm Fine
What a wonderful day (sarcasm implied)
Why?
911, what is your emergency?
Did She Tell You?
Can't Believe I'm Saying This
Reparations

Taken

1.1K 36 0
By its-me-ellie

I woke up in the back of a truck... deja vu much?
     What happened to me that screwed up my life so much?
      Oh wait. I know.

      Kermit.
      The truck came to a stop and my breathing got heavier. He popped the trunk open and shoved me out. I had no idea where we were, I couldn't see anything. 
     Then the atmosphere changed. The air turned stale and smelled of rust. When we were inside, they took my blindfold off. Coughing, I looked around, seeing a bunch of pipes.
Looking down at my feet, I realized we were sloshing through a lot of discolored water. I stumbled for a moment, and they shoved me into a dark room.
Again, deja vu much?
Only this time, there were three men surrounding me with stone cold faces.
"So how much is he paying you, huh?" I say with a smirk.
Their gazes only intensify.
"Oh come on, it's not like you're doing this for free. I mean, what, $200, $300? To kidnap a teenage girl? That's pretty low."
One of the men, large and muscled, stepped forward. He started talking with a New Jersey accent. "You wanna keep talking, blondie? Or would ya rather give that pretty face a bloody makeover?"
I watched as he pulled a knife out of his pocket. I shivered, looking into his cold, grey eyes. He wasn't kidding. I believed every word.
I heard my father call them. " I need you men, we have some business to... discuss."
They all gave me a lasting glare as they walked out of the room.
When the rusty door closed, I took my phone out of my pocket. Wow, every one of them are stupid. They didn't even take my phone. I called 911 again. Maybe they could trace my call this time.
"911, what is your emergency?"
"This is Maya Hart, calling back. I need you to trace this call so you can find me. Please hurry."
"Ok, honey, you are somewhere in the city pipes."
Just a nicer word for sewers. Great.
" Ok, I can't keep talking because they will hear me. Please find me quickly."
And I hung up. And then it hit me.

I was beneath New York City.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87.1K 2.8K 20
When Maya and Lucas hang out at the park one day, Maya feels as if there may be something between them. But if there is, will she destroy more and mo...
404K 8.3K 74
(I wrote this when I was 13/14 and it is super cliche and awkward to read. Enjoy)... Maya Hart is a 14 year old girl who isn't given the best life. H...
3K 131 19
Inspired by the song Piece by Piece (by Kelly Clarkson), this story focuses on Maya Hart's life after her father left her and her mother. It will sho...
59.2K 2K 20
Everything Maya Hart was, Riley Matthews was not. "She was popular, I'm not. She has friends, I have a friend. She was beautiful, I am not. She would...