Winning Her Heart | Book III

By -Nitasha

Genre: Romance, Thriller, Humour, Mystery and Spiritual. Previous known as Moonlight Shadow Namran Jahangir... More

001
003
004
005
006

002

1.1K 119 24
By -Nitasha

Namran came out from the car then looked up toward the police station when his partner and friend Salar stopped next to him.

'Excited?' Salar asked and Namran looked at her for a second then started walking whereas Salar smiled but then followed him inside. They both walked inside the station then started walking towards the chief office. 

They stopped in front of the door and Namran knock on the door and then they both entered inside. Mr Bilal (the Chief head) who was a man in his forties looked up towards them then stood up from his place. They stopped in front of him and they greeted each other while shaking hands.'I was waiting for you two. 

'Welcome.' Bilal said and Namean nodded his head while Salar smiled

'Thank you.' Namran said and Salar nodded his head in agreement whereas Bilal smiled.

'Shall we meet the team?' Bilal asked and they nodded their head whereas Bilal smiled.'Then follow me.

' Bilal said and they all walked out from the room. They came out in the corridor and started walking while silently following Bilal who after few minutes stopped in front of the class door which was saying 'Crime investigation department' Bilal walked inside and they followed him inside. The three people inside the room who were sitting on their desks stood up and greeted the boss. Bilal smiled and greeted back then looked back toward them.

'Meet your team member. Detective Namran Jahangir and Profiler Salar Usman.' Bilal introduced them and they all nodded their head.

'And These are Police officer Camran Murtaz, Tracker Kasif Hussain and Female police officer Maryam Yasin.' Bilal introduced others and they all exchange formal greeted.

'Please take your seat.' Bilal said and they walked and sat down in their seat when Bilal spoke up as a giving a speech.

'This is a special crime team made to investigation crime cases. You all have to work as a team and report back everything to me. You all report to Detective Namran who is in charge of it. I hope you all work together and help to make this country safer.' Bilal said and they all nodded their head and salute to him who walked off.

'It was nice meeting to all of you.

' Salar said while standing up and they all smiled looked at him.

'Same.' Kasif said while starting up their first conservation.

'My old boss was hard as hell. I hope it's different this time.' Salar said and they all started laughing except Namran while Camran looked up towards his serious face. He stared at him while trying to recognise him and then he finally did. He was the same man whose mother's died three years ago. Camran thought while finally recognising him.

'Where you use to work?' Salar asked

'We used to take the emergency call of crime while try to save the victims.' Camran answered and Salar nodded his head

'Impressive.' Salar said and Camran smiled

'Which you hardly do. Many victims die because of you as well.' Namran said and they all looked towards his cold face while the awkward silence took place between them.

'Why you think that?' Camran asked breaking the silence and Namran snapped his head towards him.'Because if it would be successful they would not have a need to call us here and make a new crime investigation team.' Namran answered with same coldness while they both were looking dead in each other eyes. Then Without another word, Namran stood up and was about to walk out when Camran spoke up.

'Is it because of your mother?' Camran asked and he stopped on his place while everyone was dead quiet as well while Namran turned over and looked back at him who was already looking at him. Namran quietly dead glared at him while clenched his fist whereas Camran stood up from his place'I was one who receives her call.

' Camran added and Namran eyes turn red.'Do you any idea how many victims we save because of those call within the past four years. More than a hundred

' Camran said while looking at him whereas he walks and stopped in front of him

'And how many die because of those calls?' Namran asked while everyone also stood up and the atmosphere turned heated.

'But do you know those people who survive could have died as well if they would not have an emergency call us.' Camran said while ignoring his question and they were looking dead in each other eyes.

'And you are calling us murderers just because we could not save your mother. We are the police, not God.' Camran added when he did not get any answer from him and he kept looking at him.

'What do you know? And did I even once said that I am calling you murderer because of my mother? You assume I am saying this because of my mother but that is not a case. I was just stating the fact that Emergency calls were unsuccessful. You are right you save hundred of victims but because those calls not being effective enough many hundred of victims die as well. That was the reason they close down call investigation team and make a new team with us to catch the criminal .' Namran said and Camran could not say anything back because he was right.

 'Did he just over assume everything?' Camran thought while Namran turned over and was about to walk but stopped then look back at them.

'And please don't interfere in my personal matter.' Namran said and walked out leaving them in silence.

'Don't worry. That is his personality. He is warm from inside.' Salar said in his defence while others look between each other but did not say anything whereas Camran and others then sat back down on their seats.

 ❤️❤️❤️

Ayat came out from the principle office and climbed down the stairs. The smile was playing on her lips and after a long time, she was happy. It was because she was about to start her internship and she was excited about it. She was doing forensics so she will be doing a body post mortem of murder victims while working with police. That was her dream job and she was happy to start that.

 She reached a glass gate of a building when saw her class fellows. She smiled greeted them and they greeted back when she looked outside and it was heavily raining. She sighed when one of her fellows spoke up.

'It so heavily raining who you are going to pick you up to the home, Ayat?' Her class fellow asked and Ayat looked at her and was about to spoke up when her glass fellow spoke up

.'Is not your husband always come to get you? Is he late today?' Her other class fellow asked and on the mention of Namran she made an ugly face.

'Yeah....you are lucky your husband is so handsome.' Other class fellow said and others laughed while Ayat felt annoyed.'I will be going now.' Ayat said quickly than without listening anything walk out from the door. It was heavily raining but she doesn't care. She was in no mood stood there and listen to his cold-hearted husband praises and on top waited for him. 

She doesn't like going in the rain but she was too annoyed at a moment to care about the rain. She started walking in a roadside while it was five but it was winter so it was already getting dark. She put a hand over her head to save herself from rain but it was useless. She slowly kept walking and she only had to walk a few minutes when she felt something over her head. She stopped then looked up and it was an umbrella. She surprised looked at it then slowly turned over and met with his eyes. 

The happiness she felt vanished away. She stared at him who was staring back at her while he was getting all wet in the rain. Without another word she turned then started walking while he was walking behind getting wet but keeping an umbrella over her. There was a distance between them. She slowly kept walking on the empty road. Their house of twenty minutes walks away from here. So he always came to pick her up. She got annoyed and told him not to come but he still does. They never talk but he always does come. They kept walking in silence when she stopped then turned over to him

'I am starting my internship tomorrow. So I will not be here. Don't come to pick me up.' Ayat said and he nodded his head

'Okey, Send me to address where your internship will be taking place.' Namran said and she looked at him then sighed

'No, I am not sending you address. Don't come to pick me up. Why you have to come to pick me up?' Ayat said while getting annoyed

'Because your father ask me to protect you and that is least I could do for him' Namran said and Ayat looked at him then sarcastically smiled

'As if you care about my father?' Ayat said and he with emotionless face looked at her and he knew why she was saying that.

' I owe him a lot.' Namran said

'Really, you owe him? And what is that you owe him?' Ayat asked annoyed

'You.' Namran answered and she freezes on her place while shocked stared at him on his answer.

'No man gives away his precious and only daughter to a man to marry who hated him and wanted revenge from him. He still gives me you while believing in me.' Namran said and she came back in her senses while looking at him.

'I hate you.' Ayat screamed annoyed because she could give him any other answer then turned over angrily and started walking while he was walking behind her in the rain while holding an umbrella over her head.

 After twenty minutes later they stopped in front of their house door and he unlocks it while they both entered inside. They took off their coat then walk inside the house. She went up towards her room while he sat down in the sitting room. ..He tiredly yawned while still working on his case. It was one in the night. It was all empty and silence everywhere when suddenly electricity turned off.

 The darkness took place everywhere and he annoyed sighed and turned on his phone light in the darkness when he heard a scream. He quickly put away the file on the table then ran towards upstairs. He quickly reached upstairs then quickly moved and opened her room's house. He entered inside the darkness though the guide of his phone's little light

.'Ayat.....' He called out to her as soon he entered and then he felt someone jumped on him and hugging him. He stopped on his place and on this sudden incident his phone fell down on a floor. He was freeze like ice on his place while he can felt her small soft body in his embrace. He could not move and he could not say anything.

'It's scary.' Her whispered echo in the room and he came back in his senses while she was still stuck like glue with him. He composed himself then slowly spoke up.

'It's alright. Light will come back soon.' Namran softly said and then he felt her nodded her head on his chest.

'But I am not liking it Camran.' Ayat said back in a scared voice and on his words, he freezes. He never heard or see her ex-finance but without even asking he knew that was his name. He was the only man in her life. On realising what was happening her eyes flew opened and she looked up towards him in the darkness which means she was unable to see him while her hands were still holding his shirt around his waist. He was dumbfounded staring in a dark air when next moment he pushed her away then moved and picked up his phone. They stood in front of each other while there was silence between them when he turned over and walked out leaving her there all alone. 

She loudly sighed when after a few seconds later he came back inside the room but holding a candle in his hand. She looked up at him when he put a candle on the side table then turned over to walk when she got hold of his shirt from the back. He stopped in his place.

'I don't want to sleep alone. It's too quiet and dark.' She whispered said and she doesn't even know why she was telling him everything. I mean why she was being weird. She bites down on her lips for being stupid when she heard him.

'So what should I do? It's not like I always sleep with you. You always sleep alone and you love it. You don't like my presence. Why you are being suddenly overdramatic. Just go to sleep.' She heard him saying coldly and she moved away from her hand from his shirt and angrily sighed

'You are right. I am just being stupid. When you ever were with me that I will except anything from you.' Ayat said back angrily while glaring at his back when he turned over towards her

'When was last time you needed or wanted me?' Namran asked back and she sarcastically sighed

'As if you knew everything about me?' Ayat said back bitterly'As if I needed to know. Hearing his name from your mouth was enough to prove to me.' Namran said back with same bitterness and she knew his sigh was towards taking Camran name a few minutes back

'Whatever just get lost.' Ayat said and he stared at her few seconds then turned over and walk out.

'I should never have said anything stupid like this. He is right. Why did I even say all that to him?' Ayat said annoyed then walk towards the bed and sat down. 

'Why this electricity was not coming back?' Ayat thought annoyed while sighing. One thing she hate the most is sleeping alone in the darkness. She sighed defeatedly when she saw him coming back inside. She looked up towards him while standing up.

'I am waiting. Be quick and sleep.' Namran said then walked and sat down on a side sofa while holding a file and she surprised looked at him.

'What are you looking. Just go to sleep.' He said again emotionless and she came back in her senses then she moved and laid down on a bed while there was silence everywhere.

❤️❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11K 528 28
Ayeza was a modern girl,a lawyer by profession,all bubbly,full of life without worries.Getting entangled into a mystery of puzzles wasn't on her list...
265K 20.6K 31
She has been keeping that secret in her heart for years and years, risking her every relationship. She has been accused. She has been hurt. She has b...
6.4K 1.5K 44
𝐙𝐞𝐡𝐫𝐚 𝐊𝐡𝐚𝐧 is known for her infectious smile and playful nature, making her beloved by everyone. When she is arranged to marry the wealthy a...
8K 467 20
𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒘𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒏 𝒊𝒏 𝑻𝒂𝒒𝒅𝒆𝒆𝒓 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒐𝒄𝒄𝒖𝒓 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒖𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚. 𝐇𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐲𝐚 𝐉𝐚𝐡𝐚𝐧, a person who is soft like flower...