Beautiful Delusions (on hiatu...

By poltergeist_people

Violett Blu always did her best to look on the bright side of things. It was something her mother had ingrain... More

Ch 1: Violett Blu
Ch 2: Pretend
Ch 3: Like Fairies do
Ch 4: Karma
Ch 5: Beautiful
Ch 6: Lavender Lemonade
Ch 8: Moon Milk
Ch 9: A Walk
Ch 10: Nothing Like a Root
Ch 11: Respect
Ch 12: Duty
Ch 13: Mango Lemonade
Bye.

Ch 7: Obstinate and Detestable

4.2K 485 86
By poltergeist_people

Hunter POV:

When I returned, having replaced my glamour and calming myself so I would not punch Phoenix in his rather smug face, I was shocked.

I could not have been gone more than ten minutes and yet there he was sitting at the kitchen table with the halfling.

And they were sitting very very close. Each of them holding a glass of something with petals floating in it.

She looked up as I walked into the room, "Hunter! Good you are back. Phoenix said you would both...explain things to me."

I looked at the unseelie as he took a long drink, "want some lemonade Sunshine? mortals seem to like it."

Violett wrung her hands worriedly as I sighed and sat opposite of her. I opted to ignore Phoenix, "Violett I know this must be difficult but we mean you no harm, you are the daughter of a very powerful fae and as you know your father is deceased."

She frowned a bit at that, "actually my mother and I didn't know what happened to him."

I went quiet, "I see...I am sorry to be the bearer or bad news."

She sipped her lemonade, knuckles turning white, "I didn't know him. Mom will be devastated though. She always likes to make up stories of what he may be doing now."

Phoenix watched her carefully, "then why tell her, allow her to live on believing he his living as he wishes."

She looked appalled, "is that what you would do? Withhold information information from your mother on the love of her life?"

The unseelie didn't even blink, "my mother is incapable of love, the situation would never apply to me."

She just balked.

I placed a hand over hers, "do not fret over what he says. The unseelie are cold uncaring creatures that rule over fall and winter. Their prince is no exception."

Phoenix just cocked a brow, "compared to the self righteous seelie court, feigning at good nature when you just as well as I are adept in tricky and charms to make lesser beings wallow in misery."

I grit my teeth, "no one is worse than you Phoenix."

"Unlike you I do not shy away from the nature of the fae."

"You enjoy killing."

"I am good at my craft. You pretend you have never done wrong in your life sunshine."

Violett was looking between us rapidly as we broke into bickering.

Or I bickered at him and he just nonchalantly brushed off my words.

Then violett cut in, "wait...wait can you two uhm stop for a second."

Phoenix sipped his lemonade, "sit your childish arse down sunshine."

I growled lowly at him.

"Guys. I have questions."

We both looked to her. I smiled encouragingly, "sincerest apologies Violett, what is it you would like to know?"

"Are you guys in some sort of race war."

"Race war?" I echoed."

Phoenix plucked a petal from his glass, Crushing it between his fingers, "Mortals hate one another based on skin tone and have been known to start killing one another for it." He peered at Violett through his lashes, "no little freckled halfling, I do not hate Hunter because he looks different although I do find myself rather disgusted looking at him, he is much too...bright and sometimes I wish he were cursed so whoever gazed upon him was given mercy and went blind."

I just glared at him.

"I despise the seelie because they pretend they are more moral than the unseelie because of their seasons they find themselves more pure. I hate hunter because he is a naive entitled child."

I crossed my arms, "the unseelie are depraved sadistic beings that wear masks of well manners and pretty things while watching others suffer for the pure joy of it. They are vain terrible things."

Phoenix smirked slightly, "the seelie dislike that we like to have fun."

"Fun is not your basic activity."

Violett waved a hand between us, "um guys...still here can we stop the beginnings of your apparent BL relationship problems long enough to explain whats going on."

My brows furrowed, "BL?"

"Stands for boys love."

I stared aghast at her as Phoenix's brows shot up, "well..." he rumbled, "I am never opposed to a decent threesome but the seelie prince is not my type. And unfortunately for you, I prefer the touch of a woman, males do not excite me. Therefore, lovely number three would be doing all the taking in the equation."

He winked at her.

Actually winked.

The halflings cheeks flushed a deep red as I continued to stare in disgust at Phoenix. "You are a beast."

"I have yet to get a complaint. Although I suppose the prince the court that outlawed same sex relations would deeply appalled. It would be grounds for imprisonment that you shared a woman. Because you might have played with the male." He looked at Violett, "the seelie are prudes."

My jaw worker as the girls dropped, honey eyes going wide, "they outlawed gay relationships? Thats so primitive."

I was quick to defend our laws. "Conception of children is highly important to the fae."

"If they don't like girl part or boy parts they are not gonna have a child with them anyways."

Phoenix nodded. "She raises a good point. The unseelie court would suit you Violett."

My eyes grew wide as I realized what he was doing.

He was trying to sway her toward a court before even starting to try relations with her.

If she is more partial to his culture she will be more open to him.

Not going to happen. "The unseelie have been known to pit their children against one another so the weakest links die."

"Biased rumors created by your court."

I hummed, "So children are not killed by your kind."

"The weak ones are sent to the wild do and a month if they die they die."

The girl looked horrified, "you leave children to die?"

"Only the weak ones in hopes they will grow stronger."

Slowly she stood. "Okay. This is enough. Fairies are barbaric. Both courts. Why are you two even here?"

I went quiet.

Phoenixs eyes roamed over her, "you are to pick one of us and bear a child of either seelie or unseelie courts."

She looked between us and deadpanned, "I am a lesbian."

Phoenix just looked faintly amused as I stared startled.

This would complicate things.

The dark fae stood, tucking his finger under her chin so she was looking up at him, "it was a good attempt but you my dear have an obvious tell when you lie, and even if you were I would be more than happy to provide you a beautiful distraction or two in return for your contribution to my court."

He is outrageously offensive. "Leave her be Phoenix."

She blushed brightly, "what is my tell?"

"Those eyes are much to expressive for you to be a decent liar."

With that he released her and started off.

We both watched him walk away.

She called after him, "where are you going?"

He looked at her over the shoulder, "I saw an advertisement for one of two rooms in your home. I am taking the one in the basement."

She just blinked at him. "I haven't approved of you."

He hummed, "perhaps not verbally."

With that he was gone.

She shook her head, "is he always like that?"

"Obstinate and detestable? Yes, I'm afraid so."

She frowned, "what an ass."

I smiled lightly at her, "I could not agree more."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 43.7K 69
Book 1 of "Bloodlust" series. "I'm going to give you one chance to answer me. Where is she?" She asked, looking into my eyes. I looked back at her, t...
1.2K 62 10
BOOK 3 OF 3 Final installment of Harry and Violet's story. - Excerpt from Even If It Hurts (Book 2): "Violet," his voice shakes when he says my name...
67.8K 2.1K 36
[Highest ranking #85] "Your family killed my mother for no reason plus I'm a pathetic weak girl, so don't expect us to be friends even if we have to...
3.3M 89.1K 53
"Lana i want you to be on my wedding day, there's no excuse I don't want to hear it anymore. You graduated from med school a few months ago and i kno...