Broken (A Niall Horan Fan Fic...

By RelentlessChaos

**WILL SOON BE UNDERGOING EXTREME EDITING** *FIRST BOOK IN THE "BROKEN" TRILOGY* I looked in my step-father... More

Broken: Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty-Six

306K 4.4K 1.7K
By RelentlessChaos

I apologize for the late update! Thanks to all of my readers. Also, don't worry! This story isn't over yet. :)

-------------------------

Ariella’s POV

            Niall looked at me and smiled.

“Fate works in funny ways, you know,” He said.

“How so?” I asked.

“Our parents chose our middle names to be James and Delilah. I think that just shows that we’re meant to be together,” Niall said.

“I think you have a valid point,” I said.

Niall kissed my nose.

“We should definitely go visit James and Delilah some time,” I said.

“I know. I’m already planning it in my head. I could take you to meet my family, and we could swing by and visit James and Delilah since they live in Mullingar!” He said.

I could tell by the look on his face that he was so excited. I smiled at him.

“What?” He asked.

“You want me to meet your family,” I said.

“Of course,” He said.

I always thought when a boy takes you to meet the parents, then that meant he really loves you. I hope I’m right.

Niall and I walked together hand-in-hand and just enjoyed the fair. He won me a stuffed unicorn and bought us some cotton candy to share. Yes, I did just say share. I actually got the Niall Horan to share. I call that talent.

“Hey mate!” Louis called to Niall from a distance.

I saw Louis and Eleanor holding hands as Louis was picking up rubber ducks, hoping to find one with a mark on the bottom so he could win a prize. I saw him throw down duck after duck.

“Sir, you can’t do that!” The man that worked there shouted.

“I JUST WANT A PRIZE!!!” Louis shouted.

“Here, sir, just calm down!” The man said, handing Louis one of the rubber ducks.

Louis took it happily and walked toward Niall and me. He held Eleanor’s hand in his left hand and the rubber duck in his right. I laughed at him. Oh, I love Louis.

I couldn’t stop thinking about James and Delilah. I stared at Niall. I wanted to grow old with him. I wanted to have a love like James and Delilah’s; a love that would never die. They definitely haven’t lost their flames.

Niall was playing with my fingers to get my attention. I looked at him and he raised an eyebrow. He leaned his head close to mine.

“What’s on your mind?” He asked.

“You,” I said.

“You’re a suck-up,” He said.

“Be quiet,” I said.

Niall kissed my cheek.

In the next ten minutes, the eleven other people that I came here with were all surrounding me.

“I think we should all go somewhere to eat,” Zayn spoke up.

“Wow, you’re starting to sound like Niall there, mate,” Harry said.

Zayn’s eyebrows rose as he said, “Never in my life would I ever expect to hear that.”

“Aw, don’t make fun of Niall,” Louis said, wrapping his arms around Niall.

“At least Louis loves me!” Niall declared.

I laughed at them and then Nicki bounded toward me.

“Why do you look so happy?” I asked her.

“Harry finally asked me out!” She said.

We jumped around and squealed together in excitement. Bystanders started to stare, so we stopped. Harry eventually walked over to us and held Nicki’s hand.

“AWW!” I said loudly.

“Shut up,” Harry muttered under his breath.

“Be quiet. I’m allowed to be happy for my half-brother and my best friend,” I said.

Harry just rolled his eyes and kissed Nicki’s cheek. Niall escaped from Louis’s arms and held my hand.

“I’ve had a really good day,” He said.

“So have I. I don’t even care that we hardly rode any rides!” I exclaimed.

“So, about that visit to Mullingar… I’d really like you to fly to Ireland with me tomorrow,” Niall said.

“Tomorrow?!” I asked.

“Yes, and I already bought the tickets…” He said.

“Well what would you have done if I said no?” I asked.

“I would take Louis with me,” He said.

I laughed.

“I’d love to go with you, Niall,” I said.

“Good.”

Everyone all piled into the two vans. We stopped at McDonald’s on the way home, but we just went through the drive-thru.

Louis was driving, so he dropped Niall and I off at Niall’s flat. Once I got inside the living room, I fell face first onto the couch.

“I’m so tired,” I groaned.

“It’s been a long day. I’m not complaining though, because it’s been the best day ever!” Niall said.

He also said something else, but I didn’t hear it because I drifted off to sleep.

The next morning, I woke up to a joyful Niall. He was running around and packing last minute things. I jumped out of bed and started throwing clothes into my suitcase once I remembered that I was going to visit his family in Ireland. The flight was in a few hours and I was hustling to get ready. I went to Niall’s closet and grabbed everything of mine that was in there and put in it my suitcase. I threw in random pairs of shoes and dresses. When Niall looked over, he laughed at me.

“What?” I asked.

“Nothing, you just look so flustered,” He said.

“I hate packing at the last minute,” I said.

“I’m sorry. I would’ve woken you up earlier, but you looked so cute sleeping,” He said.

“Did you carry me to bed last night?” I asked.

“Yeah,” He said.

“Thank you,” I said.

Niall just waved his hand like it was nothing.

About thirty minutes later, I was done packing. I jumped in the shower and got back out in about five minutes. It was the quickest shower I’d ever taken. I brushed my teeth and then put it in a carry-on bag. I brought my suitcase into the living room and set it down.

I joined Niall at the kitchen table, where our breakfast was already prepared. I smiled at Niall and began eating pancakes.

“Crap! Ariella, we have to leave!” Niall shouted.

I left the unfinished pancakes at the table and grabbed my suitcase. We both ran out of the door and threw our suitcases into the back of his car. On the way to the airport, Niall had one hand on the steering wheel and one hand on top of mine.

**

Niall and I boarded our flight. He bought first class tickets and wouldn’t even allow me to complain about how I would be fine with anything lower. I was starting to get comfortable in my chair until a man that looked a few years older than me sat beside me. I was now in between Niall and him.

“So, why are you going to Ireland?” The guy asked.

“Um, I’m going with my boyfriend to meet his family,” I said.

“Nice. I’m going for business purposes,” He said.

“Cool.”

“Yes, it’s for one of the corporations my father works with. He owns a lot of businesses and wanted me to take over one in Ireland. It makes since, seeing as I majored in business at Oxford College,” He bragged.

“That sounds interesting,” I said.

“Do you go to college?” The man asked me.

“No. Not at the moment. I may in the future though,” I said.

“How old are you?” He asked.

“Eighteen,” I replied.

“You’re still fairly young. If I were you, I’d go ahead and enroll for next year,” He said.

This time, Niall spoke up. “Could you stop telling my girlfriend what to do with her life? She can decide on her own.”

“I was just offering some advice. Don’t get so worked up, buddy,” The man said.

“Don’t call me buddy!” Niall shouted from the other side of me.

“Niall, please calm down…” I whispered in his ear.

He huffed and then put his arm around my shoulder, pulling me into his chest.

“Just ignore him,” Niall said in my ear.

I cuddled up to him and got out my iPod. I placed one of the earphones into his ear and the other in mine.

I listened closely to the lyrics as they played.

Stay with me,

Baby stay with me,

Tonight don’t leave me alone

Walk with me,

Come and walk with me

To the edge of all we’ve ever known

I can see you there with the city lights

Fourteenth floor, pale blue eyes

I can breathe you in

Two shadows standing by the bedroom door

No, I could not want you more

Than I did right then, as our heads leaned in

Well I’m not sure what this is gonna be

But with our eyes closed, all I see

Is the skyline through the window

The moon above you and the streets below

Hold my breath as you’re moving in

Taste your lips and feel your skin

When the time comes, baby don’t run

Just kiss me slowly…”

Niall and I listened to the song together and we were both singing the lyrics. I looked up at him to find that he was already staring at me. He kissed my nose.

I thought back on what I was like when I first got to England. I was a completely different person. I was sheltered and scared to let anyone in. My walls were broken down around me, and my edges were ripped. I smiled when I thought about how Niall changed my life. Everyone changed my life for the better.

I kissed Niall on the lips. He smiled into the kiss and bit my bottom lip. I laughed and pushed him away playfully.

“Why did you stop?” He asked.

“We’re in public, babe,” I said.

“So?” He asked.

I rolled my eyes playfully.

Niall and I ended up talking for the rest of the plane ride. I was surprised to know that it was time to leave. I stood up and stretched. Niall poked my stomach and I giggled.

“Is someone ticklish?” He asked.

“NO, I’M NOT!” I yelled.

“Don’t worry. I’ll get it later when you’re not expecting it…” Niall said.

“If you’re warning me now, then won’t I expect it later?” I asked.

“Oh shut up,” He said.

I just smiled cheekily.

We got off the plane and carried our luggage around. I was overwhelmed with all of the Irish accents. No matter how many accents I heard that day, Niall’s was always my favorite.

I saw Niall’s face light up as he ran toward a woman. She embraced him with open arms. I saw two men standing there as well.

The younger one, who I assumed to be Niall’s brother, gave me a hug.

“You must be Ariella,” He said.

“Yes, I am. What’s your name?” I asked him.

“My name’s Greg,” He said.

“Nice to meet you,” I said.

“Likewise.”

“Mum, this is Ariella!” Niall shouted, pulling me over to her by my arm.

“Hi Ariella,” She smiled warmly.

“Hi,” I squeaked.

“I’m Maura,” She said.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you,” I told her.

She just smiled and hugged me.

Niall’s father just gave me a handshake and introduced himself as Bobby.

We all walked together and got in Niall’s parents’ car. Niall was babbling on and on about tours and the band to his family. His mother and father sat in the driver and passenger seat, and Niall sat in the next row beside Greg. I ended up having to sit in the back, and I couldn’t help but feel alone.

I tried to include myself in some conversations, but I felt like there wasn’t really a place for me.

As we rode further down the road, a million thoughts raced through my head. What if his family didn’t like me?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 39.2K 50
{Being Edited} [Book 1] Valerie Styles was taken away from everything she loved. For three years, she's been locked away in a basement, tormented by...
297 32 18
|Inappropriate vocabulary/mental health/ sexual scenes/weapons/ drugs/dad/mom issues| ~~ "You asked me if I had ever been in love, and I said no, rig...
28.6K 1.1K 17
( DO NOT OPEN THIS BOOK UNLESS YOU HAVE READ THE FIRST ONE WHICH IS CALLED 'THE BLIND KID') (COVER BY @inkedtattoos :-)) " Can you take a pictur...
29.6K 2.5K 64
Sequel To Alpha's Broken Luna [h.s.] Book 2/3 // "Calla we have to hurry!" I screamed. "Me don't want to leave Harry!" She cried. "Listen, if we st...