I Met Him On Tumblr

By xburningdesire

The Urban Dictionary defines Tumblr as ‘the end of your social life’ and Google defines Tumblr as ‘a microblo... More

I Met Him On Tumblr
Home [1]
Nobody Does It Like You [2]
The Dog Days Are Over [3]
Memphis [5]
One For The Road [6]
On Our Way [7]
Adore You [8]
Happy [9]
Ultraviolence [10]
I Almost Do [11]
Off To The Races [12]
Adore You [13]
West Coast [14]
I'm A Mess [15]
Crazy In Love [16]
I Want It All [17]
Let Me In [18]
She's Not Me (Ride Or Die) [19]
Someone Else [20]
Should've Said No [21]
Nothing Like Us [22]
Home [23]

Knee Socks [4]

3.6K 139 19
By xburningdesire

 I Met Him On Tumblr  

✥ Chapter 4: Knee Socks ✥

>> “Well you cured my January blues. Yeah, you made it all alright. I got a feeling I might have lit the very fuse that you were trying not to light. You were a stranger in my phonebook I was acting like i knew 'cause I had nothing to lose.” – Knee Socks by Arctic Monkeys 

 ◂◂◂

“You don’t need to be on a diet, Olivia,” I said as we walked through the supermarket. Olivia’s Mum was making her do the grocery shopping while she waited in the car and since I was over her house at the time, I went with her.

            “Yeah I do!” She exclaimed.

            “You’re crazy.” We walked to one of the lines and waited.

            “Shit, I forgot to get that popcorn! Can you quickly go get it for me?” I nodded and started walking towards where the popcorn was. I found the popcorn that I knew Olivia adored and went to grab it but instead touched a stranger’s hand.

            “Sorry,” I said looking up at the young guy. He grabbed the bag of popcorn and gave it to me and then took one for himself.

            “There you go,” He told me.

            I smiled. “Thanks.” I walked back to Olivia, turning around once to take one last look at the cute guy who had just given me a bag of popcorn. He had messy brown hair and his eyes were a light shade of brown. He couldn’t of been much older than me.

            “Here,” I gave Olivia the bag of popcorn.

            “Yum. This stuff is the best thing you’ll ever taste.”

            I laughed. “And who do you have to thank? You weren’t even going to try it when I bought it!” One time, Olivia and I wanted popcorn so we went to the supermarket but they didn’t have the popcorn we liked but I bought this one anyway. She refused to try it at first but after a while, she did.

            Olivia and I walked outside to her Mum’s car and then we walked back to the supermarket to put the trolley away. The guy I had spoken to before walked out of the supermarket and walked to us. “What a cutie,” Olivia whispered next to us. “Hi,” She said in a seductive voice that I’d probably never be able to use.

            “Hey.” He brushed her off and turned to me. “I was wondering if before you disappeared I could get your number?” I smiled. Why the hell not? It wasn’t every day a super cute guy asked for your number. I reached out for his phone. “What’s your name?”

            “Linnea, you?” I typed my name into his phone under ‘Linnea’s hot’ along with my number and handed it back to him.

            “Carson. Well, thanks Linnea, I’ll text you and hopefully I’ll see you soon,” Carson winked and walked to a car, getting into the drivers seat. I bit my lip and looked at Olivia.

            “Holy shit, what just happened?! Did you know him? Who is he? Have you ever met him before?”

            “I met him when I went to go get you popcorn.”

            “He was so hot,” She squealed. You’d think that she had just given a cute guy her number with the way she was acting. “Carson,” She muttered. “What a sexy name.”

            “What about Johnny?” I teased. Apparently he had finally texted her and asked her to be his girlfriend. Olivia, of course, said yes.

            “What about Johnny? Am I not allowed to appreciate other hot guys?” Olivia paused. “You guys would make a CC.”

            When I got home, I sat in my room and went onto my laptop and immediately went to tumblr.com and then I went onto Kik, replying to a couple of messages. I went to Hope and told her what had happened to me outside of the supermarket.

After being on Tumblr for a while, I got bored and messaged Jason, ‘I’m so bored, entertain me’.

            He messaged back, ‘same! Lets Facetime’. Last time we had wanted to Facetime, we couldn’t because my mum had randomly wanted to speak to me.

            ‘Kkk, I’ll call you’. As I said that I jumped off of my bed and went to the mirror, fixing my hair and making sure my face looked okay. It’s not that I was trying to impress Jason; I just didn’t want to look like I had just woken up the first time I spoke with him. Once I decided I looked fine, I called him and waited impatiently, legs crossed on my bed.

            I’m not going to lie and say I wasn’t nervous. I was extremely nervous. Jason’s face appeared on my phone screen and he smiled, a charming smile. Had he always been that good looking? I wondered.

            “Hi,” I said.

            “Hi,” He replied in a husky voice like he had just woken up.

            “You sound like you just woke up.”

            “That’s because I did,” he chuckled.

            “It’s like 3 in the afternoon!” I had exclaimed.

            Jason winked and my breathing fastened. “I had a late night.”

            I rolled my eyes. “Of course you did.” There wasn’t a morning that went by that I didn’t wake up with a message from Jason that was sent in the early hours of the morning where even I, who spends hours on Tumblr, was asleep.

            “What’d you do all night?” I opened my mouth to speak. “Wait, let me guess.” I shook my head knowing he’d know exactly what I had been doing all night. “You were having dirty sex with an old man.”

            I gasped. “How’d you know!?”

            “I know everything,” he laughed. “And that’s only to be expected from a girl like you.”

            “A girl like me?” I raised my eyebrow.

            “Yes, a girl like you Linnea.” The way he said my name sent chills down my spine and made me rethink my entire life because damn, the way he said my name was sexy. Plenty of people have said my name before; nobody has said it as sexy as Jason.

            “What’s that supposed to me?”

            “What do you think that means?”

            “I don’t know, I’m asking you.” Jason just smirked instead of replying. “So what are you doing?”

            “Talking to some loser.”       

            “I bet she’s pretty hot.” I paused. “I would wink if I knew how to but I don’t so… uhm, let’s just pretend I winked.” Jason started laughing and I furrowed my eyebrows. What I had just said wasn’t that funny.

            “You can’t wink?”

            “Plenty of people can’t wink, shut up.”

            “It’s not a bad thing!” Jason exclaimed. “It’s,” he paused and he looked like he was thinking about what he was going to say next. “It’s cute.” I felt colour rush to my face and I looked down so he couldn’t see me blushing. Jason laughed again. “Are you blushing?”

            “No.”

            “Yes you are!”

            “I am not blushing.”

            “Relax, it’s cute.” Jason started laughing again as he noticed the probably violent shade of red of my cheeks. I saw I had one new message and thought it was from Olivia and decided to read it but it wasn’t from her. It was from a number I didn’t have saved in my phone.

            ‘Hey :) You can save this number under Carson’s hot’.

            “Shit, fuck, shit, shit, shit,” I swore.

            “What?” Jason asked. I explained what had happened today to Jason and needless to say, by the end of my story, Jason was pissing himself laughing. “I don’t know if I should say you’re cute or if I should say you’re a loser!”

            “How about neither?” I retorted. “Jason,” I whined. “I need your help. What should I reply?”

            “Ask him if he wants to meet up?”

            “No!”

            “Why not?”

            “Because he’ll probably say ‘ew no’ and then there goes all my self-confidence.”

            “He texted you! He obviously wants to go out with you. Trust me, guys don’t just text girls they’ve randomly met if they don’t want to either get with or go out with them.”

            “I am not asking him out.”

            “Okay, don’t, just reply with ‘done’ and then add a winky face!” I bit my lip, contemplating if I should do that or not. “Don’t bite your lip, that’s my job.” I immediately looked up from my phone, blushing once again. Did Jason really just say that? Jason started laughing and in between laughing, he said, “Sorry, sorry, I just wanted to see your reaction.”

            “While you’re laughing at me, I’m dealing with real problems.”

            “I told you what to text him!” I decided to just text Carson that and quickly sent it so I couldn’t stop myself. He texted me back almost immediately. “Wow, that was fast.”

            I read the text out loud. “It says, ‘So, I was wondering if you wanted to do something sometime? Maybe after Christmas?’” I grinned. Had an extremely cute guy just asked me out? I quickly typed my answer, which was of course yes and directed my attention Jason.

            An hour later, I was lying on my bed and still talking to Jason. “I have a little brother and sister, they’re cute. Well my brother is, my sister just likes to act older than she is.”

            “How old are they?” I asked.

            “My brother’s 7 and my sister’s 14.”

            “Are you the protective older brother?” I laughed. “I’ve always wanted a protective older brother? My brother doesn’t really give a fuck about what I do.”

            Jason said, “No worries, if you ever need someone to bash a guy, I’m your guy.”

            “You?” I laughed even though I had no doubt in my mind that he could hurt someone if he wanted to.

            Jason flexed. “Yeah, me.”

            I flexed. “I’m bigger than you, you better up your game mate.”

            “Please, teach me to build that kind of muscle,” Jason winked making me get all tingly. Damn, he needs to stop doing that, I thought trying to ignore how good he looked when he winked.

            “Years and years of practice.”

            There was a knock at his door. “Yeah?” Jason yelled. “You can come in!          

            “Jason, you got to start getting ready so we can go out for dinner before your Mom comes in and starts screaming,” A man with a slight American accent said. 

            “What? Get ready? Isn’t it like 4?”

            “It’s 6:30,” the man said. Wow, I guess we were talking for longer than I thought. I could’ve sworn we had only been talking for an hour, not two.

            “Alright, I’m getting ready.” Jason’s door closed again. “I guess I got to go now. I’ll talk to you later.” But I didn’t want to talk to him later, I wanted to keep talking to him now, I enjoyed talking to Jason.

            “Bye!”

            “Bye Nea.” Jason hung up before I could ask what was with the new nickname he had given to me.

What'd you think of this chapter? & now that you've properly met Jason, what do you think of him? :) ♥

To the right is Nina Nesbitt who plays Hope, Linnea's internet friend, she's gorgeous! 

Thanks for reading xx ♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...
28.8M 915K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
43.7M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
307K 7.7K 111
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #2- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...