Guardian

By ausllywriter

Only every thousand years does a warlock with all the abilities of every warlock that has birth into the worl... More

pilot
i. warlock awakening
ii. welcome
iii. a scroll through the village
iv. eventful evening
v. who you are
vi. time lapse
vii. building plans
viii. foreshadow
ix. unfolding
x. flare of red
xi. betrayal
xii. manipulation
xiii. faults of war
xv. lashing out
xvi - wait
xvii. preparations
xviii. wedding
xix - bundle of news
xx. - winter
xxi. deemed usefulness
xxii. returned energy
xxiii. securing justice
xxiv. moments of importance
xxv. disappearance
xxvi. stakes
xxvii. sacrifice
xxviii. resurrect
xxix. aftermath
xxx. cessation
act 2: i. awakened
act 2: ii. devastation
act 2: iii. light of tragedy
act 2. iv. be alright
act 2. v. coming together
act 2: vi. new skills
act 2: vii. plans
act 2: viii. conflict
act 2: ix. decisions
act 2: x. new aura
act 2: xi. shift of energy
act 2: xii. check in
act 2: xiii. the impossible possible
act 2: xiv. animosity
act 2: xv. - the plan
act 2: xvi. - conversations before
act 2: xvii. - energy force
act 2: xviii. - realize its time
act 2: xix. hard trurh
act 2: xx. mother madness

xiv. recovery

127 11 4
By ausllywriter

"What happened exactly?" Austin asks placing his hand on Izabel's head.

Marie, who was nursing and healing Ally, shrugs and sighs. "Lian used her true power for the first time, Ally got shocked or something, and Izabel was in negative thousand degrees."

"That explains when she's so cold," Austin sighs, running his hand through her hair. "But why's she... white? Her hair... her skin is getting there."

"That, I don't know," Marie says, going over to her Izabel and heating her hands up. She places them on her sides and sighs. "This is a mess."

"And that's why I told you to stay back," Keith speaks up from watching over his daughter. He glares at her. "Had you stayed back, Lian would be fine."

"But people would be dead, and that's not something I'm going to sit back and wait for," Marie argues back. She stands and tucks Izabel farther in the sheets before turning in looking at her husband. "I'm a Miracle Warlock, if you have forgotten. It's my responsibility also, as is Lian's and even Hope's. You just bitch about me saving and helping people and using my abilities all day. If you have a problem with it, leave."

Keith rolls his eyes before getting up. "I'll be back, for Lian." He goes to the door and opens it, leaving it with a loud slam.

Lian's hair turns white, and Marie gives a smile although she wasn't waking up from her sleep.

"Mmm," a voice murmurs. Austin looks up and sees Izabel stirring. Marie sees and goes over to them also. Izabel breathes out a breath of icy air and it frosts the ceiling they were under. Marie raises an eyebrow, and nudges Austin to look up.

He does so and gapes. "She barely breathed..."

Marie looks back at her, and shakes her gently. "Izabel?"

Izabel stirs once more. She lets out a small sound before her eyes opening slowly. She adjusts to the lights before stretching her body. Austin and Marie help her sit up, and she looks around. She sees Ally and Izabel unconscious in the bed next to her and her eyes widen. "What happened?"

Marie heats her hands and puts them on Isabel's cold body. "They were just—"

"Ow! That burns!" Izabel says, pushing her hand off.

"Burns? You're freezing cold. Literally." Marie speaks, raising an eyebrow.

Izabel raises an eyebrow and looks down at her arm. She sees her skin and her eyes widen. She looks at the rest of her body and shrieks. "Wha— I'm white!"

"Well, not completely. There's still some pigment," Marie says, trying to calm her. "But while you're discovering things, your eyes almost crystal and your hair is silver."

Izabel's eyes widen even more. She looks around the room before spotting a mirror. Izabel gets up and as she's about to hurry to the mirror, a path of ice creates for her way there, making her glide. She gapes and turns around, but the ice is gone.

"Since when was I able to do that?! That's not frosting! That's pure ice!" Izabel exclaims, looking frantic.

It then clicks in Marie's head. "Ice is a stronger frost. There is no such thing as a frosting ability. It's just ice, but with lower levels. When you were exposed to such cold temperatures, your so-called frosting embraced it and advanced you to ice."

Izabel looks to her then at her hands. "That's probably explains why my tips grew blue all these years. I was advancing."

Izabel continues on to the mirror and looks her herself. She gasps and sees her eyes are literally icy blue and her hair is actually silver. She was much more pale but it wasn't sickening. "Okay, but why am I... white? And my eyes are.. clear? And... and... what?"

"I don't know." Marie shrugs and sighs. She goes to the younger girl and hugs her shoulders. "Do you feel alright?"

"I feel overpowered," Izabel says, looking at her hands. "This is... overwhelming."

Just as she says this, Zay and Hope come into the room holding water bottles. He stops dead in his tracks at the site of his sister. "'Bel."

Izabel turns to the voice and gapes. "Zay!" She runs to embrace him, though he meets her not even a second later.

They embrace each other tightly and Austin smiles at the two inseparable siblings.

"You scared me," Zay speaks, holding the back of her head. "I will never leave your side again."

Izabel sighs and just squeezes him as tight as she could. "I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault."

They stay like that for a moment long before they're seperated by the sound of Austin sucking in a huge breath. They look over to see Ally's hair turning red and her fingertips lighting up.

"What's happening?" Hope says to her mother.

"I think she's waking up."

As Marie assumed, Ally wakes up a few moments later. She sees Austin first and smiles, grabbing his face in her hands weakly. "Missed you."

He grins and leans forward to kiss her lips for a moment. Zay exclaims a 'heads up!' before tossing a bottled water his way. Austin catches it and hands it to Ally for her drink. "You feeling okay?"

"A little weak," she says as she takes the water. She takes a few sips then glances around her surroundings. She looks confused at the sight of Izabel but horrified at Lian, who is in the bed besides her. "What happened?"

"When you fell out, Lian sort of lashed and did... something to Kim; we don't know yet. And Izabel... well, she advanced into an ice ability but we can't explain her lack of pigment."

"Lian is just exhausted. She'll awake when she's energized." Hope says.

Izabel raises an eyebrow and steps back. "Who are... you? You look too young to be a nurse."

Zay gapes a bit places a hand on Izabel's back and pushes her towards Hope. "Uh, this is Hope, Marie's daughter. Hope, this is Izabel, my sister."

Hope smiles and holds out a hand. "Nice to meet you."

Izabel raises an eyebrow at her brother, but shakes her hand regardless. "You, too."

With her sisterly curiosity, Izabel asks, "Are you guys together?"

"Working on it," Zay speaks, scratching the back of his head. "Sorta."

Hope giggles at him, to which he grins goofily at. Izabel rolls her eyes. "He'll show you his annoying side eventually."

"How long have I been out?" Ally asks, looking around.

"About a day and a half now," Austin speaks, gesturing she drink more water. "Do you feel any different?"

She shakes her head and looks at Marie. "Who's been taking care of your village while you've been here?"

"No one, but we're returning today. I just wanted to see you wake up and be alright."

Ally smiles. She smiles and turns to the side of bed to get up. She stands and goes to hug her sister. Marie grins and returns the hug. They stay in each other's brace for a little while longer.

Austin's mother walks through the room door with heating pads. "I brought something to help Iza—" she pauses at the sight of Izabel standing. "Oh, well, you're awake."

She comes farther into the room and sees Marie and Ally hugging. She had just met Marie a few hours prior and was still getting used to the fact that the two were twins. "Goodness, that's gonna take some getting used to."

Ally and Marie pulls away and laugh at their future in law.

///

"When will you return?" Ally asks as the group walks to the forest's entrance.

"Probably as soon as Lian is doing better," Marie responds, smiling. "I still have work to help with here."

"Can't I just stay here for a while?" Hope asks, pulling Zay along. "You'll be back soon enough!"

Izabel chuckles and looks at her. "We all know the reason you want to stay and that's why that answer's gonna be a no."

Marie laughs and looks back at her then her daughter. "She's correct."

"I could come back with you!" Zay grins.

"I don't think so buddy," Austin says and pulls the boy under his arm. "Ally is your legalized guardian, so you're still not off the hook."

The two teens frown at their parental figures and groan.

Marie hoists Lian higher in her grasp while everyone comes to a stop. "It was nice seeing you all and I'm sorry we had to end our visit like this."

"Thank you for coming to help," Ally says while smiling at her. "I truly appreciate it."

Marie smiles and nods. "It's nothing."

Though Ally and Marie are the only ones to notices the quick (literally, on Zay's part) kiss exchanged between the two teenagers, they don't speak on it and wait for the two to end their goodbye before they officially leave.

There's one last goodbye before the three girls are off.

"How'd you get a girlfriend before I got a boyfriend?" Izabel asks her twin, frowning.

Zay rolls his eyes and grabs her under his arm in a hold. "Because I'm nicer."

Ally looks away from the two siblings to Austin. "I want kids."

He raises an eyebrow and grabs her hand while the head back to the center village. "We're not married yet."

Ally frowns. "I wanna be married already. I want kids."

Austin grins and shakes his head. "Soon enough."

i'm thinking i should speed it up to the wedding

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

439 3 14
In a land of immortals the Millenains thrive, they are identical to humans, but their body and life cycle is another story, the Millenains are always...
519 170 37
Reborn into the same world she died in, Eliax has to work through missing memories, assassinations, the nuances of other realms, and an unhealthy lac...
3.6K 211 24
Skye was the only one to turn out normal after a life changing car accident; her brother was put into a coma, her father was paralysed and needed a w...
528 20 13
Imagine a world where vampires are ostracized and shunned by humans. Our story begins when a curious teenage girl embarks on a journey that will chan...