Story of My Life ~slow updat...

By UncommonCommoner

~A story about a boy who's seemingly afterlife and life will change when he stumbles in to a certain book of... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Awakening
Chapter 2: My Birth?
Chapter 3: Surprise~!
Chapter 4: Meeting the Boss. First Day of School

Chapter 5: Hi?

11 0 0
By UncommonCommoner

After a few stretches, I was about to flip on the next chapter when I heard a voice calling for my name. And that voice belongs to an all-to-familiar angel, Gabriel. “Over here!” I shouted. “Where?!” came the reply, “You do know this place is huge, right? Or have you forgotten?” Hmm, how could I specifically tell him where I am… hold on, what’s this section of the library called again? I searched for the big label and it read “”. “I’m in the Vita ad Hominem section!!” I replied. “Oh! So this is where you were.” Gabriel said cheerfully. I was surprised when he just suddenly appeared behind me. “Oh my G-g.." when I saw Gabriel frown, "gosh... I was going to say gosh” I corrected. “Sure you did” He said rolling his eyes, then spots the book in my hands.

“What’s that you got there, James?” He asked. “Oh this?” raising the book at chest-level, “this is my book apparently…” “Yup, I thought so. He did say that you’re reading it” He says. He? Don’t tell me that he’s referring to Him, Him? As in Him?!  “and seems to me you’re enjoying it… Hey are you listening? If you’re wondering the ‘He’ I’m referring to, then it’s the Almighty”. “Oh! Okay… anyways,  yeah… It’s really good and… pretty accurate, haha!” I said with a laugh. “I was about to read the next chapter… uhm, do you want to read it with me?” Though I’m not quite sure if the book works its magic on two people? Uhm, two beings? Yup, definitely two beings. “If you’re not that busy that is.” “Sure! Why not?” He gladly said.

“The page is quite dusty there, want to blow it out?” Gabriel said. I nodded and blew out the dust, and then as usual I get a little dizzy and am transported into the realm of the book. “Sigh… I’d never get used to that…” “Ugh! Couldn’t agree more…” Huh? Gabriel is also here? Then this book works on whomever who reads it. “OUCH! My wings hurt” He cried in pain. “Hold up, wait. You meant to say that you’ve tried this before?” I questioned Gabriel. “Wha-? Oh, you mean going inside the books? Yes, I have. I sometimes accompany the Lord when He finishes the books.” “Finishes the books?” I asked. “You know, when a person dies the book is finished, the Lord writes the end and prepares it.” I stared at the archangel still confused. “Okay… this will be pretty new to you, so listen carefully.” I nodded. “So, uhm… do you know the Book of Life?” “Yes” I confirmed.

“It’s actually not a literal book you humans always mistaken it for a millennia.” “Huh? What do you mean?” I queried, still confused. “Okay, remember where you were before?” “Yeah, I was, no, we were at the gigantic library” “Yes and that library contains all the life stories of every human being born on Earth. Every story, down to the last moment…” “Which means?” I cut. “…Which means that the very library, where you’ve been reading this book and containing the rest of humanity’s books, is in fact the great, big, Book of Life!” He said as a matter-of-factly. “What?! That huge place is the Book of Life?!!” “Well, where else? You do know you are all 7 billion in total, that’s more than I have expected! The Lord did mention you all are giving Him a hard time… He would sometimes joke around and say “Have they ever heard of family planning? Or what My bright scholars call ‘protection’? Sigh… It’s not the Ice Age anymore…”

“Wow…” was all I could say. While recovering from shock caused by discovering one of the greatest mysteries of the Lord, Gabriel added, “His actually planning on renovating the place. Now that Steve Jobs is with us, He wants to give the Library a modern touch so that when Lord Jesus returns, the people won’t have a hard time~!” . “LOL, cool~! Never thought that I’d learn those facts” I said. “But He’s still waiting for Bill Gates though he won’t be joining us until at a more ‘later’ time” he continues “He needs both their help. Some of the Lord’s creativity was given to them.” 

“I just, wow…  I’d never would’ve” “Oh, there’s little you!” Gabriel cuts me and points towards the gate. “Huh?” I followed where he was pointing and yeah, it was me with mom accompanying. “Uhm, what time is it?” I asked. “It’s a quarter before eight” he replied, “quite the early bird haha”. “Well, I was pretty excited for school” Yeah, there was actually a time in my life that I’m EXCITED for school, SCHOOL! “They’re heading inside” I stated. “Shall we?” Gabriel offered. We followed mini-me and mom inside and were greeted by good ol’ Mr Wells. There were already a lot of children and parents in the building, all attending the welcoming ceremony.

As they all took their seats, so did we. Like all welcoming ceremonies, this was also boring. “Ugh! When will it ever end?!” I whined. “Sshh! Listen, what that man is saying is very important!” Gabriel reprimanded. “Fine…” When it was finally finished, we heard mom say “Ready for your first day James?” “Yup! Oh boy, I can’t wait to meet everyone! No, wait! The field trip!!” Little me shouted in excitement. “Now James, you won’t be having your field trip after the end of this month” My mom reminded. “Aww, but moooom… I can’t wait!” “Oh you’ll get there, but now you have to be in your first class” “Fine…” I replied with that all too familiar pout.

Mom and mini-me finally found the classroom after so many ‘sorry, wrong room’s.  “Well that was fun” Gabriel said stifling a laugh. “Yeah, but pretty embarrassing! Oh gosh…” “At least thank the Lord they made it” he said. I just rolled my eyes, but nodded in agreement anyways. “Okay, now James. I want you to be a good boy, alright?” “Yes, mom” “Also, be the very best you can be! And most of all… have fun dear!” “Of course mommy!” I replied cheekily. “Aww, you were such a sweet child” Gabriel said as he looked at me. “Well, that’s just the beginning I guess…” was all I could say as I stared at the scene in front of us.

As soon as mini-me took a seat near the window, someone poked me from behind. When I turned, a hand was already in front of me. “Hi!” he said. “Uh, uhm… hi?” mini-me replied. “Hello, I’m Louie! Nice to meet ya!” “H-hi! I’m J-James.” He took my hand and shook it. I found my first and eventually best friend. “Oh Gabriel! It’s Louie! My best bro!” Gabriel smiled “I sense you’ll be very close” “Of course we are!”

After a few intros, the teacher finally came in and introduced herself “Good morning children! My I have such an enthusiastic class”. “Good morning” we replied in unison. “Okay, I am your homeroom teacher Mrs Fiona Wilson.” She says as she writes her name on the blackboard. “Please call me Mrs Wilson, dears” she said with a giggle. “My, she’s quite the bubbly type” Gabriel said but I just laughed in reply. “Now I’ll be calling out your names to meet you all better! Just stand and say ‘here’, alright?” “Yes, Mrs Wilson”. After a few names, I hear mine. “Robertson, James?” “Here!” “Thank you sweetie, next is… Sanders, Louie?” “Here ma’am!” “Thank you dear” she said with a smile. When she’s done she told us that today is free time. We can get to know our new classmates and eat out snacks.

I went directly to Louie. “James! Over here!” He called. “Hi Louie!” I replied. “Wanna join me eat snacks?” “Sure!” “I always loved to watch the blossoming of friendship” Gabriel said. “Really? Speaking of which, do you have one? Well, I know that all of you angels and beings are good friends but do you have any that you consider your best?” I asked curiously. “Hmm, I think I could consider Raphael my best friend considering the definitions of one. But there was one whom I have considered my best friend, almost like a brother…” Gabriel replied with eyes getting dull. “Uh..uhm, may I know who it was?” I asked though slightly scared of his reaction. “Well… he’s no longer in Heaven… He’s uhm… evicted? Oh, wait, cast down are the correct words. Yeah… he was cast down…” “Wait, you mean Sa…” “Hold! Hehe, that name is forbidden… but before he was really good but… power has overtaken him…”Gabriel continues, “I couldn’t fight him… It was my other best friend Michael and the other guardian angels that cast them away…” I only nod in response. “You should’ve seen Michael, he was really angry at him that he would just betray us all, especially God…” “I’m so sorry Gabriel…” “It’s alright James. I have moved on, and besides it happened way before you evolved into human beings” He chuckled.

“Anyways… You might not have noticed but we have skipped” “What? Already?” I replied. The scene before me now is a pool with… wait, dolphins?! “Seems to me that we’re at a water park” Gabriel said. “This must be my field trip, then where are- Oh look Gabriel! There they are!” We followed my class and took our seats. “Good morning everybody!” The host shouted “And a very special welcome to the kindergarten class of Bright Mind Academy!” The class cheered as the school’s name was announced.  “Hope you all have a funducational time here at Splash Water Park’s Dolphin Show!”

It was really awesome! The dolphins are totally amazing! “Such magnificent creatures! My Lord you’ve really outdone yourself” the archangel cheered. “You said it!” “Now, for our finale! We would like to request a volunteer from the crowd!” And the class was shouting “Me! ME! Meh! MEEE!” “How about you little guy?” “Me?” Louie said pointing at his self. “Yes, you! And as a special treat, you could bring a friend!” the host announced. “Cool! James wanna come?” “Awesome! Yeah!” mini-me replied with glee.

The duo came down the bleachers and onto the dock. “Hello kids! I’m Elsa, a dolphin trainer!” “Nice to meet you!” the two said. “Now your names are?” “I’m Louie! And this is my friend James!” “This is what we’re gonna do Louie, we’ll be feeding the dolphin Maggy!” With a blow of her whistle, a magnificent bottle-nose dolphin appeared out of the water. “Hi Maggy! You’re such a good girl” Elsa pets her and gave her a sardine. “So cool!” the duo shouted in excitement. “Be careful now, the dock we’re standing on is floating!” “Yes Elsa” I replied. “Okay, Louie. Here’s a sardine. When I give the signal, you can toss the sardine and Maggy will catch it.” “Oh this is going to be so cool!” “You can do it Louie!” I cheered. “Whenever you’re ready” Elsa said and blew her whistle.

Something unexpected happened... 

Author’s notes:

So sorry for a very looong update! You know those moments when you are busy and having writer’s block? Sigh… well, I hope guys enjoyed reading this chapter. And this is my first cliff-hanger! xD

Hehe, credits to Frozen for the name! 

Continue Reading