Backfire (Niall Horan)

By BelWatson

{book 1} ✓ - ❝ Once upon a time… Wait, are you shitting me? This story doesn’t start like this. On the contra... More

Before reading...
Chapter 1 ~ Eating contest
Chapter 2 ~ Truth or dare
Chapter 3 ~ Not a fan
Chapter 4 ~ A concert
Chapter 5 ~ Guitar Hero
Chapter 7 ~ Turn him down
Chapter 8 ~ Break down the walls
Chapter 9 ~ So... Shopping
Chapter 10 ~ Niall's day
Chapter 11 ~ Zayn's day
Chapter 12 ~ Stop avoiding!
Chapter 13 ~ Harry's day
Chapter 14 ~ Helping Phoebe
Chapter 15 ~ Strategies
Chapter 16 ~ Awkward
Chapter 17 ~ Zayn's confession
Chapter 18 ~ Ballet
Chapter 19 ~ Our first date
Chapter 20 ~ Time to worry
Chapter 21 ~ Technical Problems
Chapter 22 ~ Just friends
Chapter 23 ~ Ethan Porter
Chapter 24 ~ Meeting the lads
Chapter 25 ~ Gloomy
Chapter 26 ~ Goodbye, Belle
Chapter 27 ~ Public
Chapter 28 ~ Danielle's effect
Chapter 29 ~ Broken heart
Chapter 30 ~ Back home
Chapter 31 ~ Goodbye
Chapter 32 ~ Hollow
Chapter 33 ~ Together
Epilogue ~ All I need
Author's note

Chapter 6 ~ Movie time

639K 9.4K 1.2K
By BelWatson

Chapter 6 ― Movie time

  “So, what movie are we gonna watch?” Belle asked taking her seat next to Harry, who was grinning like a fool. I wondered if he realised my friend had a boyfriend. Yeah, a boyfriend who wasn’t in the country currently, but they still loved each other. That should count for something. But I knew my friend, and even if the curly lad flirted with her big time, she would always have in mind that she was taken.

“Paranormal Activity two,” Zayn replied next to me. I was between the black-haired boy and Niall.

“What?!” my two friends screamed, eyes wide open whilst I looked bored. “I haven’t watched it yet, but I’m not sure. Is it as boring as the first one? I almost fell asleep watching that one,” I complained.

“‘Cos you’re not human!” Phebs protested and I chuckled. “A normal human being gets scared with a movie like that, you dumbass!” I had to say, Phebs was the one who always got scared, about anything.

“It’s not my fault you two are pussies!” I defended myself as I saw the lads looking at our argument with expressions of sheer disbelief.

“You’re really tough. After we watched the first movie we all slept together,” Liam told us and I laughed so badly at them.

“I won’t save anybody. You want to watch this movie and if you get scared, don’t come running to me.” I wasn’t going to hug them all offering comfort when it was their idea to watch such a stupid movie. We could have totally watched something better, like The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, or The Avengers. That one was an epic movie. Or if they wanted something scary, we could have gone for something more classic, like The Exorcist.

“Told ya we should have picked Finding Nemo!” Louis moaned and then looked at me with his cute puppy eyes. “Wife, tell them we must watch another movie!”

“Nope,” I replied popping the P. “And I’m not your wife, Louis. Secondly: you got into this, now man up and face the consequences. Besides, I bet it’s way less scary than you think. Stop moaning!”

“Since you cooked that special sauce for me, we are husband and wife, so get used to it; and as my wife, you’ll have to protect me!” he demanded and I rolled my eyes.

“If you come crying to me, I’ll throw you from the window. Got it?” I threatened and he yelped faking terror and I smiled proud of myself. I heard Niall laughing and turned to look at him. His warm ocean eyes met mine and I felt a shiver going down my spine. “Are you going to get scared, too?” I asked with a smirk.

“No,” he said but I still glanced at him suspiciously. I didn’t quite believe him, but I let it drop and just frowned slightly.

“Okay. Hit it play, lads, before it gets darker. We might be in a greater danger by then and you sure want to be prepared,” I teased and my friends squeaked whilst I laughed mischievously.

The movie started and I felt as Niall and Zayn tensed to next me. I wanted to laugh, but if I did, that would break the mood for the movie and I, being as mean as I was, wanted them to be scared as fuck so I could make fun of them later.

As I expected, the movie was so boring that I dozed off a couple of times leaning on Niall’s shoulder. I woke up every time they jumped or screamed. The best part, according to me, was when this girl broke this man’s neck. Yeah, I know I looked like a sadistic bitch, but I truly thought that was the most exciting part, and the sound was epic. Sometimes I worried about my likes.

“You okay, guys?” I asked when the credits were rolling on the screen. None of them had made a sound and they were all tensed. Harry and Lou were holding hands whilst Belle had her faced buried in Harry’s shoulder. Liam was hugging Phebs who was shaking. Niall was trying to act cool, but I knew he was as frightened as the rest of the party. Zayn was in the same situation than the Irish boy. “Hello?”

“Yeah, totally fine,” Zayn replied but his voice trembled a bit at the end and I laughed shamelessly. That woke them up a bit because they all glanced at me like I was the crazy one.

“Liar,” I said. “All of you almost peed on your trousers. Shame on you, cowards!” I blurted standing up. Zayn moved next to Niall quickly and I laughed harder. “Okay, I have to go to the toilet or I’ll pee myself laughing at you.”

I made my way to the toilet still laughing at them. If one day a movie scared me, it was going to kill them. I decided that I couldn’t let this opportunity pass, so when I was coming back I said: “So, are you still sca– OH MY GOD! WHAT IS THAT! AAAAHHH!” I screamed cutting myself in the middle of my own sentence. I tried to put all the panic in my voice that was possible and enjoyed the show.

All my friends jumped screaming and running away to the kitchen. I burst out laughing, falling on my knees and hugging myself because I felt like I was going to break into pieces. I heard them screaming and arguing about who should go to see if I was okay. I laughed even harder as I stood up and walked to the kitchen. “Oh, all of you are such babies!” I mocked them once I joined them in the kitchen. “You should’ve seen your faces. Oh, that was priceless.”

They were all hugging each other, the girls in the middle being ‘protected’ by the boys. I just laughed harder as they looked at me deathly. “That wasn’t funny, Alex!” Phoebe cried out hugging Liam very tightly. “You almost gave me a heart-attack!”

“Oh, you’re right. It wasn’t funny, it was hilarious!” I laughed again. “But seriously, you’re a bunch of cowards. You left me there! What’d happened if it was true? I’d have died! Shame on you!”

“You would have deserved it for mean!” Belle stated and I faked being shocked and hurt.

“Okay, stop crying and let’s do something so you’ll get over all this,” I proposed and slowly they let each other go. I smiled shaking my head. Phebs didn’t let go of Liam’s arm, though, and I knew she was going to sleep with me that night.

“Okay, what can we do?” Zayn asked and I shrugged. It was almost ten and as I laughed so much, I wasn’t even tired.

“Dunno. What do you lads do after a scary movie?” I inquired as Niall got next to me. I smiled at him, he still looked tensed but, again, he was pretending to be okay. “Thanks for leaving me alone back in there,” I told him playfully and he actually looked ashamed.

“Sorry,” he whispered and I leaned against him softly.

“Don’t be. I was teasing you.” He hugged me and I didn’t back away just because I knew he was still a tad scared.

“We can do a twitcam,” Liam suggested and I looked at him confused.

“What’s that? Is that edible?” I asked and I heard Niall’s cute and contagious laughter.

“Nope. It’s a video chat, fans ask, we answer. Live!” Lou replied still hugging Harry. “I vote for the twitcam!” he screamed and soon all the other boys supported that. So we went to the living room again turning all the lights so nothing would attack us because, of course, lights scared away all the bad spirits and monsters. Please, do note my sarcasm.

We used Niall’s macbook and as we waited for it to turn on, the blond started to complain about how slow his laptop was working lately. “Lemme,” I said when the macbook was finally ready to be used. Quickly, I started to type some codes, running several different software programs, fixing some things and then I restarted. Soon, the device was working so much faster that all of them were impressed.

“What did you do?” Niall asked. “How do you do that?” Lou inquired. “What was all that you wrote?” Zayn mumbled. “What language was that?” Liam choked. My friends and I laughed at their disbelief and shocked expressions.

“That, my friends, is a programming language. It isn’t that hard once you learn it,” I explained smiling cockily.

“All our computers work at its highest thanks to this geek here,” Belle told them smiling.

They murmured still impressed whilst Liam took the much faster macbook and logged into twitter. Soon we were all live being watched by tons of fans. I wanted to get away, I wasn’t feeling comfortable at all and I tried to sneak out, but Lou caught me.

“Hello everyone!” he said happily. “Here we are trying to have a little of fun after watching Paranormal Activity two. It was horrible!” I laughed again, remembering their faces. “And here I have this little lass that was laughing at us all the time for being scared! She even played us a prank!” he pulled me in front of the screen and I froze, I didn’t know what to say or do. I saw as hundreds of questions appeared on the screen asking who I was, what I was doing there with the boys, if I was dating any of them. Lou saw that too and smiled evilly. It was payback time. “Let me introduce you our lovely yet mean friend, Alex. She is also my wife. We got married today after she cooked for us and made me a special sauce. Aren’t we a cute couple?”

“Louis!” I protested in unison with Niall and Zayn. I looked at them confused, but quickly I turned all my attention to that annoying boy again. “Don’t say these kind of things.”

“Why, wifey?” he asked innocently and I wanted to punch him. “We don’t have to hide our love.”

“I thought you were going to marry me!” Harry protested. “What does she have that I don’t?” he asked seeming so hurt. I chuckled slightly.

“She cooks better,” was Louis’s answer and Harry looked at me murderously. I raised my hands in surrender.

“Take him, I don’t want him,” I said looking at the curly boy.

“Wife!” Louis screamed shocked and I laughed.

“Okay, ignore the idiots. Alex is our new friend. She beat Niall at eating! That’s quite impressive,” Liam said smiling as Harry was still glaring daggers at me. “OneDirectionMyLifeee asks if Alex is dating Louis,” Liam read the question out loud and I sighed. “No, she is not dating anyone here.”

“‘Cos she’s already married!” Louis cried out and I couldn’t help myself and punched him in the arm. “Ouch! That hurts.”

“It’s gonna be worse if you don’t cut it now,” I threatened and I heard my friends laughing.

“As you can see, if those two really get married or even date, Louis won’t survive,” Zayn said getting closer to the green light on the top of the screen. “We’re considering making her our new bodyguard.”

“First you want me as your cook, now as your bodyguard?” I asked offended. “And here I was, thinking that you really liked me.”

“Oh, we do like you, Alex,” Niall said and I looked at him. His sweet smile was just for me and I felt my heart skipping a beat. For a few seconds I forgot we were live and surrounded by the others.

“CrazyAsNoOneElse asks if Niall would survive,” Liam read it and I blushed furiously looking away immediately. I felt all their eyes in me and I knew hundreds of girls were waiting for that answer.

“Niall doesn’t bother me like Louis.” It was the only thing I could say. Silence fell over us, I could even hear my own heartbeats.

“I feel betrayed!” Louis screamed leaning on Harry’s shoulder and crying dramatically. Harry patted him in the back and looked at me frowning.

“Shh, Boo Bear. See? I’m the only one who understands you,” Harry said and I laughed even when I felt Niall’s eyes on me. I couldn’t see him in that moment and my cheeks were still burning. I wasn’t sure about what consequences my reply was going to bring but I knew I wasn’t ready to face them yet.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

286K 12.7K 35
Zayn's always getting high . Niall's always getting hurt . first book in the trilogy © all rights reserved @-mullingaar - WARNING: wrote this when...
20.3K 222 19
Hi welcome to my oneshots book! Well I write these normally at 3 am in the morning. Also if you'd like me to do something, just request! However I wi...
64.8K 1K 53
"if honesty means telling the truth, i'm still in love with you." -niall horan, "still" ⊱ ────── {⋅. ♡ .⋅} ────── ⊰ "I still love you! Why can't you...
147K 2.1K 68
Just some oneshots written by me. This is my First book so I hope you like it 😊 Requests are always open.