Out Of Sight, Always In Mind!

Par DoctorWhoWrites

Keya Sharma was orphaned at ten, but her life only shattered after the death of her brother. She was brought... Plus

Prologue
Chapter 1
SAM's Story
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11 : The Party Begins
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 : Part 1
Chapter 20 : Part 2
Chapter 21
Chapter 22 : The Facebook Freud
Chapter 23
Chapter 24 : Part 1
Chapter 24 : Part 2
Chapter 25
Chapter 26 : ..and they said It! <3
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33 : Simran Speaks
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Teaser :: Chapter 36
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42 : Part 1
Chapter 42 : Part 2
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45 : Part 1
Chapter 45 : Part 2
Chapter 46 :: The Bachelors
Chapter 46 :: Aanya and Raj
Chapter 46 :: Tanya and Krish
Chapter 46 :: Keya and Vivan
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chpt 50 : 100k reads Special!
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55 :: Raj's Reality
Chapter 56
Chapter 58
Chapter 59 - Only If..
Chapter 60
Chapter 61

Chapter 57

1K 54 10
Par DoctorWhoWrites

"Stupid, it isn't Facebook live," Varun said on the conference phone line that connected all six of them.

"It's a clipping of the live video. This means what had to happen, has happened," Keya said, "Krish can you turn on my phone?"

"I have a couple missed calls from Vansh but we were at the hospital so I didn't answer," he said, "Honestly I didn't think they would confront Dad so soon."

"Guys I think we should just watch and find out," Tanya said.

...

Few hours earlier..

Vansh went downstairs and tried to put on a facade. He was greeted by the office people and they were glad to see him. Some of them had worked with him for this deal and today it was turning out to be a success. 

Vansh wondered if he would ever get to step into their own office again or would it even make a difference if he didn't.  Reema, Vansh and VIkram were the ones meeting and greeting the guests. 

Mr. Rathod arrived only when Mr. Henry did. Vansh didn't stay in his shadow like everytime but stayed close enough to not make things too obvious.

He then went up to his mother to ask if he could go back upstairs.

"Vansh please just wait till the main event then you can leave. And don't worry dinner has been served to Simran already and she is absolutely fine," Reema told him.

Vansh wondered if he could just go back to Australia. Will his father let him? What if before him deciding to leave his father only disowns him for not listening.

Vikram came to Vansh and said, "Mr. Henry wants to see you."

Vansh went with him and greeted Mr. Henry and his team.

"Must say Vansh, I wish my son had decided to walk into my footsteps. You father is very lucky. The effort you've put in for this from the beginning has really served well," he said and there was an awkward exchange of looks between Mr. Rathod and Vansh.

They talked for a couple more minutes and then Mr. Rathod decided to take centre stage.

He went to the middle of the floor and took a glad of champagne with him.

Vansh went next to his mother.

Mr. Rathod stated to speak, "Thank you all for coming. It's brings a great pleasure to me that we are opening a full new division in our empire. Tonight, isn't only a night for celebration of this specific merger but it also marks the beginning of one of the many such celebrations as The Rathod Group is in its 50th year since founded by my father. All my educational qualifications were void in front of the knowledge he imparted in me. I always dreamt of working with him shoulder to shoulder and it came true but didn't last long. Dad passed away at a younger age and some of you all might remember him, how much he talked about expansion. I made it my life's purpose, to fulfill his wishes. My sons were 8, 5 and 2 when he left us and whenever I looked at them, I could see my dad's wishes come true. They grew up into fine gentlemen, thanks to my lovely wife. I was indeed a lucky man that they showed as much interest in the family business as I had expected them to."

"Mom," Vansh whispered to Reema, "Dad only talks so much on two occasions, when he has made up his mind about something or he has no clue on what to do at all."

"Let's just hope he's decided something and let's pray it's in your favour," Reema replied and they continued to listen to the speech.

"All I ever asked from them was perfection. I had my ways to ensure that too. I thought being a strict father was being a good father. But I guess the GenNext is always ready to surprise us."

Reema held her son's hand and he pressed it tightly.

Mr. Rathod continued, "I never thought my sons would put me in a place where I would not know what to do. In all my years of service, I've always managed to find the solution. And now I have an empty chair, with no one to fill in. How can I trust even one of my sons when the one I had the most faith on broke it."

"He went public. Maa he went public. I'm dead. I won't be able to see my brothers again. He's disowning me," Vansh was hyperventilating.

"Shut up Vansh!!," Reema said. Though worried, she would have to handle this. It was high time she took care of this entire mess.

The room was quiter now. No one was used to their boss being so open about his personal life.

"Three sons and can't trust any one. People ask me if I ever wanted a daughter," he said, "Well I don't have three sons for no reason!"

Everyone laughed.

"He is joking. Mom he's high! We are doomed"

"I always wanted a daughter. I know she would be nothing like this. But again, I thought I knew my eldest son too. It would have hurt me even more if my daughter had done something like this. I do wonder if she would have joined our business or not. I would have been so happy if she had. I wouldn't have to worry about this empty position! But I don't have a daughter and I don't want any of my sons to have it."

"He's getting in an outsider. Maa Varun could have done this. But he's bringing on board an outsider!," Vansh had lost all hope now.

"Mr. Henry has not just decided to merge but also has sold us his manufacturing units and I would like to unveil Rathod Group's first ever fashion brand which we will launch three months from now. And to do the honours, let me introduce to you, our new Managing Director for the same," he said and pointed behind the crowd.

Everyone turned around except Vansh. But looking at his mother's expression, he had to.

There she was. He had chosen a woman to replace them. The most beautiful woman Vansh had ever seen. She walked to the front in formals, and so confidently that she intimidated every man in the room.

Vansh was stunned and shocked. Was it really happening?

"Surprise!" she whispered as she walked past Vansh.

"Vansh can we have you up here too?," Mr. Rathod said and Reema nudged Vansh to go on.

"I've realised that parenting at this age isn't only about making sure your kids grew up right but also about growing up yourself. The real test was for me more than you, showing even half the amount of faith and confidence you've shown me all your life! Same way I had even forgotten what my wife always told me when I expressed my longing for a daughter."

He gestured Reema to come forward as he spoke, "She said, so what if we don't have a daughter, we have three handsome boys and they will bring us three amazing and better daughters!"

"The new Managing Director is none other than my soon to be daughter-in-law, Simran Sehgal!," he said and every clapped.

Vansh couldn't believe this. He hugged his father like a child.

"Thank you dad. Thank you so much. I'm so so so sorry," he was about to cry. What a rollercoaster he had been on for that one hour.

Mr. Rathod kept his hands on his shoulder and looked him in the eye, "I forgive you. And I hope you do too. I was running away from the best things in my life and Simran made me realise that. You my son, can never disappoint me. You were also right about this deal. I had our best lawyers look into it and I confronted Mr. Henry. He then had to agree to sell us the manufacturing unit too."

Reema hugged Simran, "Welcome to the family, officially."

Simran and Vansh looked at each other overwhelmed with emotion. Mr. Rathod looked at them and offered his hand out to Simran. She took it and went towards them. He took Vansh's hand and placed it on hers.

"Finally I'm doing it right," he said, "My eldest son will be getting engaged afterall, to the right girl and also the right daughter!"

"It's time to unveil," he told them.

One of the staff got them a remote which would unveil the brand on the huge projector screen.

"Here, this is going to be both of yours baby," he gave it to Simran and Vansh.

The pressed play together and the presentation began, KV : KaranVeer House of Fashion Apparel and Accessories , A Rathod Group Initiative.

He had named the brand after their son.

"Dad, this is..," Vansh wanted to express his gratitude.

"Consider this as my wedding present to you," he smiled.

"Thank you so much everyone," Mr. Rathod spoke, "Please enjoy the dinner and the rest of the party."

"Congratulations," Mr. Henry told Vansh, "I'm sure this young woman will take this brand to the heights we never could."

"Thank you so much Mr. Henry," he said.

Back in India, everyone was quiet.

"What did just happen?," Keya broke the silence.

"He gave in!," Varun jumped on the bed.

Everyone exclaimed with joy and hugged each other.

"This is the best thing that could happen!!!," Aanya said, "Their love won! Love conquers everyone!"

Varun thought about it and took this as an opportunity to take Aanya out, "How about we celebrate?"

"Yeah," said Krish, "Let's go get our work done for the day and hit the club!"

Tanya looked at Aanya who was indecisive.

"Fuck this shit. Let's do it!," She finally said, "I could definitely use some drinks!"

Everyone else high fived.

"Alright guys. I'll try getting through to my brother. See y'all tonight," Vivan said.

"I'll go get ready too," Keya said, " I need to leave early. The sun's out already"

Once they disconnected the calls, Vivan texted Keya, "I'll see you at lunch."

...

Simran didn't wait for the party to end. She had never left Karan in someone else's care for so long and so she went upstairs. Vansh went behind her.

"I'm going to break it to him," he beat her to the door, "Where's my little champ?"

"He just woke up. I was about to ring you," the nanny said.

"Thank you so much," Simran smiled at her, "I'll take it from here."

"Your Dad couldn't do it but Momma did! She's a SuperMom! Grandpa is going to love you baby! He named our new business after you! We don't have to go anywhere," he picked him up and swirled him around.

"Come here," he told Simran and took her in a hug.

"You look stunning. Who would say that you've given birth to a child recently. I know I don't say this out much but you are so beautiful. I love you Sim. Thank you so much for everything," he said and asked, "How did this happen?"

Simran then told him about her encounter with his father and how he had walked away. But before going for the party, he came to see her. He asked her about her career and then asked if she would like to work with them. She was reluctant at first because being given such a big responsibility was challenging. Mr. Rathod then assured her that Vansh and he himself would be around. He said it's time he showed confidence in the right people. He then asked more about them and eventually she said yes.

"I guess little one's hungry," Vansh said as he saw Karan make the peculiar sound.

"I'll quickly change and feed him," Simran went to the washroom.

Mr. Rathod came to the room with his wife at the same time Simran came back.

"I'm telling you Vansh. I'm going to spend most of my time with my grandchild now. You better work your ass off in the office," he said.

"I'm so happy that you will be home," Reema told him, "How about we celebrate tomorrow. Just us five."

"How about you and Simran prepare the food for us while we bond with this little Rathod?," he said.

"That sounds like a very good idea," Simran spoke, "I'll make you guys southern delicacies."

"Dad," Vansh smiled at him, "Thank you so much. I'll never disappoint you again."

"I know you won't," he said.

"I'll feed Karan and bring him to your room," said Simran.

"Sure," Reema said, "We'll go freshen up till then. And Vansh you might want to call your brothers!"

Vansh shut the door behind them and called Vivan. He wouldn't answer. Neither did Varun.

"They must have slept," said Simran, "Call them in the morning. I've spoken to my parents already. They are extremely happy. They'll take to you tomorrow."

As promised Simran and Vansh went to Mr. Rathod's room and stayed there for God knows how long. Karan didn't seem to sleep at all. Maybe even he wanted to play with Grandpa.

They played with Karan, talked about the past and also how Simran would be perfect for her new job.

By the time they came back to their room it was too late. Vansh saw his phone and there was a missed call from Vivan.

He called him back and Vivan answered, "We SAW IT! Congratulations Bhai! You did it!"

"Simran did it. Karan did it. Dad did it. I miss you guys so much," Vansh said.

"We miss you too! So when is the wedding?," he teased.

"Not earlier than 3 months! We've got to launch the brand first. Speaking of which, Simran and I would be staying here itself. We'll come back for a week, meet everyone and then come back here. Her parents would also come to meet Mom and Dad with us for a couple days.

"Damn everyone is going to miss you guys," Vivan said.

"Don't worry. We'll figure things out. One day or the other we all have to stay together. I'll work it out with Dad. About bringing you guys back home."

Vivan didn't want to talk about that really. He then told Vansh about the entire Raj incident. Simran heard it too.

"I feel so sad for Aanya. She didn't deserve this," she said, "We'll come there as soon as we can. Spending few days with Karan will take her mind off stuff."

Vivan then informed everyone on the text group and his conversation with Vansh. They all dropped messages for them as they must have been asleep.

...

Keya reached the hospital early and decided to visit Raj immediately. The doctors said his condition was stable. Ritika had informed his mother and she was on her way to the hospital.

Once she had assured everything was fine, she went back to work.

Raj had come back to consciousness just few minutes before his mother and sister arrived.

He wasn't surprised there was no one else in there.

She was extremely shaken, "What happened to you?"

"A small accident Maa," Raj said, "I'll be okay."

"Where is Aanya? Why aren't any of your friends here?," she asked.

"I made a mistake Maa. I did something gruesome and there's no forgiveness to it," Raj said.

"Did you break Aanya's heart?," Ragini asked him. She was smarter for kids her age.

Raj stayed quiet initially and then said, "I was doing it for you guys."

"Don't! Don't even say that. How were you even thinking of making us happy by hurting another woman! One thing I asked God for, that was to make you a better man than your father. But I guess it's his blood that runs in your veins and it always will!," She walked out of the room.

"Bhaiyya I really liked Aanya. She was a sweet girl. You shouldn't have done that. And looking at the state of your health, I'm sure you've done something very bad," she said and wheeled herself to her Mom.

Keya came back and saw that Raj's mom and sister were sitting outside the room and his mom was crying.

She called Aanya and her told her about it, "Look I know you didn't want to hear about Raj again but I don't think his mother has taken this well. She's upset and it's surely not just about his health."

Aanya decided to pay them a visit.

She called Varun to go with her and they reached the hospital in an hour.

She found them just outside his room.

"Aanya?," Ragini spotted her.

"Aanya," his mother got up, "What happened?"

"Aunty what happened is I'm never going to talk to your son again," Aanya told her, "I want nothing to do with him. I just came here to tell you that I'm fine. I'm going to get over everything eventually and be good."

"And I came here to apologise," Varun said, "I might have lost control over myself."

"No one is telling me what happened but from what I gather, I should be apologising to you Aanya. I can't believe my son could do that. But he has and I'm extremely hurt. I don't know if you can forgive him but neither can I," she said.

"Aunty please stay strong. Your daughter needs you more than your son does. Don't waste your energy in thinking about him," Aanya told her.

"Aunty I get it if you want to press charges. I'm ready to face it," Varun said.

"Raj said no. Authorities asked him and he said no," his mother told them, "More the reason to believe he's guilty."

"Take care okay?," Aanya told Ragini, "We'll take a leave now."

"You too," she told Aanya and they left.

Aanya and Varun decided to visit Keya before leaving. On their way, Aanya spoke, "He has a mother and sister who he loves so much. How can he do this to another girl? It's disturbing."

"He loved them so much that he didn't think before doing whatever he had to," Varun said, "Look he's gone now. I don't want you to think about that. Look at the brighter side. And we've gotten such a good news. Don't kill the celebration mood now. You want me to treat you differently? Like a victim? Let me know. If you don't then just shut up and let's decide with Keya our plans for today."

Aanya nodded and went with him. She decided that however hurt she was, she wouldn't let it show.

Keya spent some time talking to the two and asked them to drop her to the place where she was meeting Vivan for lunch.

"Sure you both don't want to join us?," She asked as she got down.

"Yes yes. You two have a good time. We have to head to the college anyway," said Varun.

Keya went inside and saw that Vivan had already arrived.

He hugged her and then looked the chair for her.

"So much in so little time!," Vivan spoke.

"Yeah! I mean so you've got to always expect the unexpected! Raj, Varun, your Dad! I'm so happy for Simran and Vansh! They'll finally get to live in harmony!"

Vivan had to bring the topic up, "Vansh won't be going back to Australia or coming here."

"They'll be living in London?," Keya asked.

"Yes. It makes me worry though," Vivan confessed, "Varun or I might have to go to Australia unless he promotes someone there and we don't have to. Just once a month visits maybe."

"Must be hard. To be away from family. I cannot imagine being away from mine," Keya said.

"Well maybe Dad pulls us back too within a year. Mom said she doesn't want us to live separately," Vivan said.

Keya did her best to not express sadness, "She's right. Family should always stay together."

They placed their orders and enjoyed the cocktails.

"Can I say something without offending you?," Vivan asked.

"I won't get offended by anything you say," she said.

"Well I know you don't like to talk about the future and it's a long game but I'd like you to consider the fact that if we ever get married, we might have to live in London," Vivan said.

Keya finished her entire drink at a go before replying, "I'm going to keep my mind open," to which Vivan laughed.

"We can take Krish along," he teased her.

"Very funny," she rolled her eyes.

"Don't roll your eyes like that. I'll take you right here," Vivan smirked and Keya blushed.

"Since you are talking about the future. I think I should too. What do you want? Daughter or Son?," Keya asked and he widened his eyes.

"Can't we have both?," He asked, "Two of each actually!"

"Do you think I run a factory down there?"

"The more the merrier!," said Vivan.

"Shut up!," Keya said.

Vivan laughed and asked, "What do you want?"

"I know usually all girls want a baby boy but I want a daughter," she said.

"Me too," he winked.

"So what do you think about the whole Aanya and Varun situation. How's he taking it?," She asked.

"I spoke to him. He might like her but is not gonna tell her anytime soon. Or he'll end up in the hospital I feel."

"She'll need her time. She is very vulnerable and soft at heart, how much ever she may deny it. But she is brave. She'll come around and so will Varun. Don't you worry," Keya told him.

"Can you run me through our schedule for the next month? I'm always so confused with when is what," Vivan asked.

"Okay so in two weeks, we have Manya's wedding. For which I just remembered we need to go shopping! Actually Rajeev has asked me to go with him. So why don't we go together. I can help both of you pick clothes."

"Sounds good. I'll check with Sahil when shall I be free," he said.

"Thank god you didn't tell me to check with Sahil," Keya laughed.

"Why would I do that! You are my girlfriend! You don't need to check my schedule with Sahil. You need to check it with my secretary!," He said and laughed.

Keya threw a punch at his arm.

"I met Raj's mother today. They didn't press any charges," said Keya, "We need to do something of that Vicky guy though."

"Varun told me that Ritika said she would handle that. She feels extremely guilty about being the reason all this began," Vivan said.

"Poor thing," said Keya, "I'll still message her asking if she needs any help."

"How are things with Krish and Tanya," Vivan asked.

"Good I guess. I appreciate you asking," Keya said, "Tanya's getting her office at Kabir's club. Oh I almost forgot, there's the big opening night!"

"Where are we going tonight?," Vivan asked

"Some place where there's a lot to drink for sure! I want to get away from this madness!," Keya said.

"Drunkard!"

"Excuse me! I'm an occasional drinker or you can say a social drinker!," Keya told him.

"It will be fun tonight I'm sure," Vivan said, "No Karaoke or Bollywood Night! Please!"

"We are exactly going to do that," it was Keya's turn to tease him.

"No. I will do anything in return! Please. Save me the misery!," Vivan begged?

"Anything?," Keya raised her eyebrow and both of them kept pulling each other's legs for the rest of afternoon.

...

Varun and Aanya drove to the cafe they usually hung out at and when Varun saw the look on Aanya's face he said, "We don't have to go here. I'm anyway bored of the coffee here. Should we try out the new place near college?"

Aanya replied, "You love the coffee here! And what did we say about treating things differently?"

"Alright. Apologies! Let's go," he said.

"Ritika would be here any moment," said Aanya, "By the way, I'm sorry. You two really had a thing going on there and this incident has just come in the way. But I want you to go ahead with it. Ritika is a really nice girl and you two are just right for each other."

Varun smiled.

"What?," Aanya asked.

"You really think so? That I should date Ritika?," He asked.

"Yeah I mean. Guys like you are the reason why we end up in wrong relationships. Right guys like you stay quiet and the Wrong guys always say the right things! So we girls end up with them instead of you! So before it gets too late. Go for it," she said.

Varun laughed, "We'll Ritika is indeed an amazing girl but I don't think I'm ready for a relationship. I mean so much is going on in my life right now. I don't really think I can do any justice to the relationship. Maybe later."

"Well as you wish," she said, "Looks like she's gonna live a hundred years anyway. There she is."

Ritika came in with and smiled at them. She removed out a hard drive from her bag and placed it on the table.

"What is this?," Varun asked.

"That's all the data that was on Vicky's computer. And the only data too!," she said.

"How did you get it?," Keya asked.

"By doing something I should have long ago! I went to his father finally. Told him everything and you should have seen how he screwed Vicky!," Ritika victoriously smiled.

"You go girl!," said Varun and then asked Aanya "What do you wanna do about this?"

"I don't wanna see anything. Keep it with you. Destroy it if you have to. I don't care. I'm done. I need to move on," said Aanya.

Varun took the drive away and said, "Sometimes it's okay to not be brave Aanya. It's okay to let out your fears. To express what's hurting you. It won't make you weak but burying those things inside you will definitely have a negative effect on you."

"Plus if you won't share things with us, with whom else will you?," Asked Ritika.

"Guys I really appreciate what you two doing for me but I'll need time. If I talk about it I start blaming myself for being such a fool. It lowers my confidence and it makes me extremely sad. So what's the point in letting it out? I would rather concentrate on stuff that will make me forget about him forever," she told them.

"We are here for you, just remember that," Varun said.

"And I couldn't be more grateful for that!," Aanya told him, "Now will you guys tell me if you are done shopping for the wedding? If not then let's go I need to buy a few last stuff. And if I go with my sister's, they'll make me try on stuff I don't actually have to buy."

"Yeah we'll go," Ritika said.

"Yeah I need to shop too!," Varun said.

Varun was happy Aanya was willing to move on. All he cared about was her being happy. They were too young for relationships anyway. It was their time to carve out their lives. And they could only do it if they had the right support and a happy heart.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

1.8M 139K 130
'Love has the power to tender the broken, but self love has the power to change' Sequel to 'It was Always you' This is the story of Arjun's Beloved...
174K 11.5K 48
#1 in Forever together. #1 in Long lost love. This story is a full package of; 🔸Love, 🔸Romance, 🔸Comedy, 🔸Drama, 🔸Revenge, 🔸Interesting plots...
608K 34.2K 38
[FEATURED]Thrown together on a one month long honeymoon, Vansh and Ahaana had to live under one roof in an apartment, away from chaos, to accept each...
22.5K 919 17
This is the story of two best friends... Priya Singhania- A soft spoken girl facing her hurdles alone... After her parents divorce she was alone left...