Culinaria L'amore

By Infatuated

About a boy and a girl whose love for each other far exceeds their love for food. More

Introduction*
Culinaria L'amore Prologue*
Culinaria L'amore Chapter One*
Culinaria L'amore Chapter Two*
Culinaria L'amore Chapter Three*
Culinaria L'amore Chapter Four*
Culinaria L'amore Chapter Five*
Culinaria L'amore Chapter Six*
Culinaria L'amore Chapter Seven
Culinaria L'amore Chapter Eight
Culinaria L'amore Chapter Nine
Culinaria L'amore Chapter Ten
Interview With Kirsten Gabrielle Bellini/ Garrett Robert Bianchi
Culinaria L'amore Chapter Eleven
Culinaria L'amore Chapter Twelve
Culinaria L'amore Chapter Thirteen
Culinaria L'amore Chapter Fourteen
Culinaria L'amore Chapter Fifteen
Culinaria L'amore Chapter Sixteen
Culinaria L'amore Chapter Seventeen
Culiniaria L'amore Chapter Eighteen
Culinaria L'amore Chapter Nineteen
Culinaria L'amore Chapter Twenty
Culinaria L'amore Chapter Twenty-One
Culinaria L'amore Chapter Twenty-Two
Culinaria L'amore Chapter Twenty-Three
Culinaria L'amore Chapter Twenty-Four
Culinaria L'amore Chapter Twenty-Five
Culinaria L'amore Chapter Twenty-Seven
Culinaria L'amore Chapter Twenty-Eight
Culinaria L'amore Chapter Twenty-Nine
Culinaria L'amore Chapter Thirty
Culinaria L'amore Chapter Thirty-One
Culinaria L'amore Chapter Thirty-Two
Culinaria L'amore Chapter Thirty-Three
Kirsten's Birthday Party Writing Contest!
Culinaria L'amore Chapter Thirty-Four
Culinaria L'amore Chapter Thirty-Five
Interview With Harrison Opel/ Alonzo & Angela
Culinaria L'amre Chapter Thirty-Six
Culinaria L'amore Chapter Thirty-Seven
Culinaria L'amore Chapter Thirty-Eight
Culinaria L'amore Chapter Thirty-Nine
Culinaria L'amore Chapter Forty-Four
Culinaria L'amore Chapter Forty-One
Culinaria L'amore Chapter Forty-Two
Culinaria L'amore Chapter Forty-Three
Culinaria L'amore Chapter Forty-Five
Culinaria L'amore Chapter Forty-Six
Culinaria L'amore Chapter Forty-Seven
Culinaria L'amore Epilogue
Culinaria L'amore Extra

Culinaria L'amore Chapter Twenty-Six

155K 3.8K 470
By Infatuated

VOTE VOTE VOTE! I beg of you please!!!

<3 Infatuated

********************

Flashing lights, blue and red, hushed voices, Amelia's limp body, Adam staring at me dully, not realizing that he was the cause of my many pains, Garrett's worried face as he asked me what's wrong, what's wrong?

I feel like I can't breathe. The space around me is constricted, making me dizzy, and my diaphragm seemed to help my lungs in no way. My fingers were numb, unmovable and stiff, while the rest of my body responded weakly to my mind, allowing me to move around slowly and blearily as we entered the hospital, everyone running too fast for me to keep up.

Garrett's concern was obvious on his face as he slowed down his pace and linked his fingers with mine, tugging me along gently down the bright fluorescent lit hallway as paramedics lead Amelia and Adam down to the ER.

As I tried to follow, an elderly nurse gently pushed me back, telling me that visitors would only be accepted after they were checked up. Sinking into a seat in the anteroom, I slumped against the white wall, wanting just for time to pass by.

Turning to Garrett who has seated himself next to me, I opened my mouth then swayed, losing control of my balance and slumped over his chest, blacking out.

*********************

"Kirsten? Kirsten? Are you okay? Goddamnit!"

The world slowly came into focus as Garrett waved his hand over my face, his own one of worriment then relief as I batted his hand away.

I was lying across Garrett's lap when I finally focused on where we were. "I'm okay." I muttered shakily, relieved when the numbness seemed to fade a bit and I could flex my fingers.

"Are you sure?" Garrett asked, my head feeling the vibrations in his chest as he talked.

Looking up at him, a hysterical giggle escaped my mouth as I stared at his brown mustache, lopsided and drooping over his mouth. "Did I faint so long that you grew a moustache Garrett? I dig the facial hair."

Garrett didn't get a chance to reply as a plump elderly nurse came up to us asking, "are you okay?" Without allowing me to assure her that I was fine, she started probing my eyelids, feeling my forehead to make sure that I was okay. Then she passed me a bag of candy and a bottle of water, turning to Garrett.

"She appears to be completely conscience. She's the friend of the redhead right? Maybe just in shock."

Shock? More like a deep pain inside my gut due to the fact that my friend had just been raped by the man who killed my father.

Tearing open a fun sized bag of M&M's, I tried to sit up, only slightly dizzy, but before I could sit in my own seat, Garrett pushed me down, encircling an arm around my waist so I couldn't move.

"Garrett. Stop." I muttered, trying to get his arm to release his grip on me. "I can sit by myself. It isn't hard. Plus, you made me spill an M&M. M&M wasters aren't very attractive, you know."

"Shut up and eat." He replied, looking down at me with stormy grey eyes. After all of the incidents had occurred, any green or blue was hidden behind a solid, dark silver color that made him look more intense and stranger.

"Garrett. You're mustache is lopsided." I muttered, flicking it back into place. "Oh look! I fixed it!"

"Don't make me kiss you to shut you up. You need to rest."

"If you kissed me, I'd probably swoon again."

"Oh Kirsten." Garrett said, touching his forehead with mine and placing a kiss on my cheek. "Don't be a smart aleck now. You scared me so much when you just blacked out. You seriously need to rest."

My attention was diverted to a small cut on the side of his cheek oozing blood, with dried red flakes already surround the shallow abrasion.

"What happened here?" I asked, gently touching his cheekbone, trying to avoid getting any of my germs on the wound.

"You're not even listening to me now are you?" He asked with a sigh, rolling his eyes.

"Answer my question Garrett." I was going for a stern voice but it came out wobbly and tired sounding, making me burying my face into his warm chest. 

"The bastard had a damn pocketknife. He managed to knick me but I'm perfectly alright. It doesn't even hurt anymore." Garrett said, batting my hand away and instead holding it in his large palm. I could feel the roughness of his palm and fingertips and the warmth of him skin next to mine.

Tracing his palm with my free hand, I glanced over at the woman next to us with a drowsy child in her arms, who was in turn glaring at Garrett for his use of language.

I tried to give her a small smile but my lips trembled too much as I noticed the pink princess costume the young girl was wearing. Halloween seemed so long ago and it felt like ages since Garrett and I were enjoying coffee and chocolate donuts together.

My eyes welled up with tears from sadness, a few escaping and running down my face. Garrett immediately noticed and whispered, "damn it Kirsten. Are you alright? Do you need a doctor or something?"

Sniffing, I shakily wiped away my tears with the back of my hand. "I'm fine Garrett. Really."

Before his scowl could get any deeper than it was now, the phone in his pocket buzzed, forcing him to release his grip on my waist and allowing me to sit up in my own seat. I was immediately dizzy and missed the warmth of his chest but I managed to recline in my chair.

Garrett was talking on the phone with a frown on his face, walking briskly to the entrance of the ER and stepping outside into the cold parking lot.

I looked down at my watch, staring for a couple seconds because the hands seemed the same length before I realized that it was well after midnight. Who would call Garrett at this time? His parents?

Dwelling on it for a second, I noticed that the same nurse who gave me Halloween candy was walking towards me.

"You're Kirsten, correct?"

I nodded, suddenly alert.

"Amelia wants to talk with you. Please follow me."

Giving one last fleeting glance to where Garrett seemed to be yelling at whoever was at the receiving end, I walked behind the nurse, suddenly nervous at the prospect of talking to Amelia.

The plump lady led me through several passageways until we got to a room labeled 'Recouperation Rooms' where she knocked on the first vanilla door. When Amelia's voice resonated into the hallway, we entered.

Amelia's room was simple, white on white with a bed in the middle and two comfy chairs next to it. Several pills lay on the small white nightstand along with a cup of water, untouched.

"I'll leave you two along then. Press this button if you need any assistance."

She left us, closing the door quietly behind her, leaving Amelia and I in silence. The redhead looked better than she had two hours ago. Her face was clean, though pale, dotted with bruises on her face and neck. Amelia's wrists were red and abrased from the rope and a massive bruise was forming on her forearm.

"I'm so sorry Amelia." I whispered, choking back my tears and sitting on her chair.

She frowned at me, looking with concern in her green eyes. "That's funny. I was just about to thank you." Was her reply, as she took my hand in her cold ones.

"But if I had just stayed half an hour longer or something this wouldn't of-"

"Kirsten, he drugged me with GHB, a date rape drug. Pretty powerful. I don't remember him raping me though I can feel it. I don't remember anything after he gave me that drink. I just don't remember. It's a horrible feeling. I prefer that I got raped and not you as well."

My eyes filled up with tears again as I stared into Amelia's tired eyes, amazed by how calm and logical she was acting. "Don't worry honey. I took the morning after pill. I think I'm going to be alright. Please don't beat yourself up because you didn't like the party. I swear it was going to be clean with just a bar but it obviously got out of hand."

Amelia's hand tightened around mine as she smiled at me grimly.

"Does Ricky know yet?" I whispered, staring down at the white sheets.

Her face turned into one of pain as she looked at the rack of magazines. "Yes. He's on his way."

We fell into silence, each of us in our own thoughts until I said, "I hope he rots in jail for the rest of his worthless life."

"I don't know Kirsten. I hope so too."

"He killed my father."

"Excuse me?"

I looked at Amelia behind my tears. "My father was killed in a car crash. He was the one who hit him. He went missing after the accident and no one knew where he went. No charges went against him since he wasn't present at the trials but hopefully this time, everything will be brought to justice."

"Oh god. I didn't know. I'm so sorry for you." She gave me a hug, her frail arms bringing a bit of comfort to me.

"Are you going back to school soon?" I asked, sitting back down on the seat.

"Soon I hope. I'm still waiting for the results of the tests they gave me. That'll determine whether or not I'm fit enough to go back to class."

As if on cue, a knock on the door signified that the doctor was here. He came in, a balding man in his fifties, with a Manila folder in his arms.

"Would you like to stay and hear the results?" He asked me, sitting on the spinny stool, and wheeling himself next to Amelia.

"Yes please." I replied. As I leaned forward, I gasped, a stinging and bonewretching feeling in my side where Adam had punched me.

Amelia immediately noticed my pain but I managed to turn my grimace into an encouraging smile.

"Well, it appears that you suffered from a mild concussion. Nothing too major. You tested negative for genital warts as well as HIV but as of now that's all the results that have come back for the STI's. You have gotten lucky, though you will most not likely remember anything from the event since most victims of GHB don't. Now whoever attacked Mr. Ramsey however, was quite ruthless."

"Attacked Adam?" Amelia looked at the doctor, bewildered.

I cleared my throat. "Yeah. Well after we got you, Adam was trying to attack me so um, Garrett took care of him."

"Garrett? As in Garrett Bianchi? Where's Garrett now? I'll have to thank him."

"He's taking a phone call."

"Well whoever this Garrett is, he gave Mr. Ramsey a whooping. Three broken ribs, two bruised eyes, a broken nose, and a sprained neck. He could actually go to jail for that." The doctor muttered.

My gut twisted at the mention of jail.

"Get some rest please. You should be able to get out in the morning."

Amelia and I thanked the doctor and the second the door shut behind him, Amelia burst into tears.

"Oh god Amelia. Are you okay?"

"Yeah." Amelia replied, trying to wipe away her tears. "I just can't wait for this night to be over. Why were you with Garrett?"

Oh god. Now was not the time to spill all my secrets. "I'll tell you later."

Amelia didn't protest. We sat in silence for the next ten minutes, me just staring blankly at the floor and her sniffling.

Another knock resonated through the walls and I said "Come in."

The door opened up, revealing Ricky, Amelia's boyfriend, a haggard look on his face. I stood up, giving her hand one more squeeze before excusing myself and heading not, not wanting to intrude on their conversation.

Back in the waiting room, Garrett stared blankly at the phone in his hand, his head propped up only by his other arm.

"Are you tired?" I asked wearily, dropping into the seat next to him.

"A bit. But I'm okay."

"Do you want to head home?"

Garrett looked at me, nodding his head yes. "Is Amelia okay?"

"Yeah. Her boyfriend just went in."

"That's good. Um, Kirsten? I have to say something."

"Sure. What's up?"

"This can't go on."

"What can't go on?" I asked with dread in my stomach.

"Our relationship. It won't work out. So even if we never official dated, I'm ending this, this, thing."

At that moment, my heart felt like it just torn into a hundred pieces. "What?"

"I'm breaking up with you. You're a burden to my life and you were getting annoying." The detachment in his voice made me want to cry and scream at the same time.

"How long have you wanted to?" I asked, my voice coming out in a whisper, gripping the seat with my cold fingers, watching as an emotionless Garrett gave me a cold look.

"Since around... three weeks."

"So... that date, Simba, you were trying to butter me up weren't you?" My voice was getting steadily higher with every note and I ignored the glares I was getting from other people.

Garrett gave a shrug, looking away from me. "You could call it that." His nonchalance tore at my heart even more but I just stiffened and stood up.

But before I could say anything, I fell to my knees, a searing pain in my side almost equivalent to my heart being torn out feeling ran through me, causing me to faint for the second time in an hour.

********************

Please vote if you were surprised, or super pissed at me and want the next chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

179 12 12
Follow the story a teenage boy and girl, as their lives change when their worlds collide.
434K 12.8K 41
Harry Styles lives in a flat in London with his roommates Zayn and Liam. When Louis -- a handsome and spunky magazine writer -- moves in across the h...
2K 101 16
Elena, a girl who loves to fight but is warm at heart once you get to know her, get's kidnapped by a famous cook who is also a mafia boss.
1.9K 38 26
Family- love from people who care most about you. This is a story about a family that's not all normal, but will be there through anything. Katy stor...