Culinaria L'amore Chapter Forty-Six

Hey guys! Well here's this chapter, followed by one more chapter, and then it's the epilogue, yeah?

Like I've said before, I've never reached the first page for teen fiction, meaning that I've never gotten ranked higher than #16, and it would really be awesome if I could get to #15! You can do this by voting for every single chapter and giving me your thoughts on this chapter.

Also, Special Awards Nominations are coming to a close and you can vote for your favorites under the feedback page! CL is running for best title so if you could take one second to go the the feedback page and nominate Culinaria L'amore, that would be awesome opposum!

<3 Infatuated

********************

I stayed the night at the hospital, refusing to share Garrett's bed in case I accidently squashed his shoulder, and took a nap in the empty waiting room couch. When I finally woke up, and rushed into Garrett's resting room, he greeted me with a small smile and patted the spot next to his side.

"How are you doing this morning?" I asked, gingerly sitting down and letting him weave his fingers through mine, gently.

"Stiff, sore, and happy." He replied, kissing my hand before smiling up at me. 'Haven't brushed my teeth yet or looked into a mirror so I'm bracing myself for the worst."

I looked over Garrett's face, scanning the dark brown scabs on his cheek and eyebrow, before resting on a small bruise on his jaw. All in all, he looked the same except for the scar, so I shrugged. "I think you look fine."

Garrett raised an eyebrow. "Even my scars?"

"Why wouldn't you?" I asked softly, brushing some hair off his forehead.

"Because... I have my scars."

My eyes widened as I realized what he meant by his words. "Garrett! When did you get so shallow? Are you worried that I don't like you anymore because of two papercuts on your face?"

He grunted. "They're not papercuts and they'll leave scars. I'll look scary."

My heart softened at how vulnerable he looked in the cot, face turned away from me so that I could only see the unblemished side of his jaw. "Garrett. Look at me."

He turned just a little so he could lock eyes with me for a mere second, before dropping his gaze. "I didn't love you because you used to be quote unquote 'perfect'. And if it helps, you look more bad boyish with your scars. Too bad you stopped smoking for me, right?"

He nodded with a small smile, squeezing my hand gently. "I would smile more, but it kind of hurts when I do."

"Aw, poor baby." I cried, scrunching up my face and mock sobbing. "At least you'll be fine now."

There was a short silence as Garrett shook his head humorously, before sobering up quickly. "Mira called last night." Garrett muttered quietly, attempting to sit up a little but grimacing when he put weight on his left hand.

Immediately, my wariness came rushing back and I watched Garrett, alert. "What did she want? An engagement ring? Another baby? Money?"

Garrett looked at me hard for a second before turning away with an apathetic expression. "She said she went back to Paris."

I stilled, processing his words. "Wait, she didn't want anything from you?"

Shaking his head, Garrett squeezed my hand again. "No, she told me that she was released from the hospital, gave me her new address, and said that if I ever wanted to go back to her, she'd be waiting."