Almost Broken: Carl Grimes fa...

By _MeganGrimes_

He starts to head out the door and I follow. His eyes follow mine as he opens the door, and holds it. "Quite... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Epilogue
Final reflection/ Authors note
new carlie/cylie/rarl story?!
Cylie story??
Make Me Unbreakable
ITS UP!!!!

Chapter 21

11K 323 151
By _MeganGrimes_

.

.

-Rylie's POV-
.

.

.

"Hey." Someone pokes my arm.

"Hmmm." I answer.

"Come on, get up.." I recognize Rick's voice as he gently grabs ahold of my arm trying to pull me up.

"Mmmhm. 5 more minutes." I answer him, still not opening my eyes and I hear him chuckle lightly.

"You can not be comfortable like that." He says still chuckling.
I suddenly realize that I had fallen asleep in the balled up position I had been in when Carl left me here last night.
I finally open my eyes and Rick greets me with a smile, a lot like Carl's dorky one. I move my arms off my knees and my legs to the ground and he's right, it wasn't comfy at all. I'm sore all over.

I make a noise between a grunt and a whine and Rick continues to laugh at me.

"Help me." I say in a baby voice, holding my hand out for him to help me out of the chair. He does and laughs when I almost fall over.

"Stop that." I say, continuing my childish voice.

"Stop what?" He chuckles as he holds my arm to keep me standing.

"Stop laughing at me. I'm tired. I didn't sleep much." I yawn and rub my eyes.

"Why didn't you sleep in the bed with Hallie?"

"She snores and it was too hot. No one was on with and I figured I was up so I might as well keep watch."

"You did a great job at that." He sarcastically remarks, referring to the fact that I fell asleep.

"Shut it." I snap.
I sit back down at the table normally, though still stiff. I watch Rick pull out a bag of cereal and I feel my eyes light up.

"Lucky charms?!" I say as he tossed the little bag to me.

"It was in the cabinets." He motions toward the brown wooden cabinets of the cabin and I dig in. He sits down beside me with a bag if Cheerios and eats.
It's silent for a little as we are both eating every single piece of cereal.

"Is anyone else awake?" I ask, curious to how loud I can be.

"Nope. I think it's just us. I'm thinkin we can all go on a run today? Just to see their skills and how useful they are." He says and shoves another spoonful of cereal in his mouth.

"All 8 of us or a selected few?"

"I was thinking all 8. Why?" He asks, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Just wondering." I shrug and continue eating my lucky charms.

'Just that your son basically told me he doesn't want to see me, talk to me, or be near me, but you know. No biggie.' My subconscious reminds me and I really just want to punch that bitch in the face.

What am I talking about?
That bitch is me.
I shake off the stupid thought I had and excuse myself from the table.

I quietly walked by the past-out girls on the couch. This must be the best sleep they've had in a while. Possibly the safest place they'd been in a while.
I could say the opposite though.
This cabin seems to be my worst place to sleep, and I've learned that no where is safe. I turn the knob slowly and walk in the room, a snoring Hallie still sound asleep. I go to my bag and grab my bow, my knife, and tie my hair back in a pony tail. I walk out the bedroom door, soon being face to face with Carl, who's room is right across from mine. We catch each others attention and I break the stare by looking at my feet and pursing my lips. He moves first, walking into the living room and around the corner to the kitchen. I let out a sigh and follow in, a few steps behind him.

"Good, you're up too." Rick says to Carl and Carl nods.

"Well I will let you know that we are going on a run today. Nothing too big. There are some other cabins near by and I just wanted to stock up on more food now that we have extra people." He says and leaves us in the kitchen alone.

I sit at the table, staring off into space as Carl silently sits and eats his food. I haven't looked up to see what he's eating so I don't know. I glance up and see he's eating lucky charms. I chuckle quietly and he looks up at me.
"What?"

I shake my head at his question and get up from the table.

"I'm gonna go see if there's any walkers I need to clear out around here." I say and walk out the small kitchen door. I don't give him anytime to reply to me so I don't know if he cared or not...
Last time I left by myself I came back with my sister and three other girls... Probably not the best decision but I'll try not to pick up any hitch hikers this time.
.

.

.

.

.

.

.

After about 10 minutes, bow loaded and ready for anything- there's nothing.
Or at least, nothing close enough to be harmful to us at the moment.
I walk back in, and this time, Michonne, Rick, Carl, and Alissa sit at the table, looking at a map.

"So if we go down this way we can get to the north cabin on that road, circling back on this short road here. Maybe taking about 2 hours if there are no problems." Alissa says, pointing and running her finger along different places on the map.

"Mmm." Michonne hums and shakes her head as she points to one of the roads Alissa had pointed to. "That roads blocked off, bout 4 trees fell during that storm the other night." They sit there and stare at the map for a second. I step between Carl and Alissa who are sitting next to each other and point to the map.

"We take 75 there and loop around here. There's a strip mall on this road, maybe we'll find something there." I step back to look at Rick for approval and he nods.

"Sounds good. Should we wake up the others and tell them the plans?" He asks, more to all of us than any certain person.

We all nod and then are on our way around the house. I go into mine and Hallie's room, intending to wake her up, but she's already awake. I watch her turn around to look at me, a shocked expression on her face. I can tell she's only in a bra but that doesn't phase me since she is my sister. But what I do notice is that she shoves a baggy shirt on extremely fast, almost immediately after I walk into the room.
I furrow my eyebrows at her in question but she waves it off.

"What was everyone talking about out there? I heard y'all talking." She asks, struggling to get her shoes on.

"We are going on a run soon..." I trail off staring at Hallie trying to shove her feet into shoes that seem a little too small.

"Do you need new shoes?" I ask.

"No- I - no I'm fine. I-- got it!" She says getting her second shoe onto her foot. "My feet have just been a little bulky lately. No biggie." She says with a faint country accent. She'd always had more of an accent than I ever did. Not saying I don't have one, but mine only really shows when I'm yelling at someone. I nod at her and grab my bag from the floor. Hallie is strangely quiet as she grabs her stuff too.

Why is she acting so weird? I can tell she's trying to avoid looking at me. What the hell is her problem? I shrug and walk out the room where I see a sleepy Lauren and Sage waking up and putting stuff into their bags.
"You guys know the plan?" I ask, setting my bags down on a chair.
"Yep! Carl told us." Lauren says, stopping everything just to look up at him and give him a smile, which he slightly returns.
What the hell was that?
That little 'smug gesture'. It sets me on edge. And that little happy tone change in her voice 'Carl told us' *giggle giggle*. And some reason, I get that jealousy toward her the same as I did when I saw them laughing on the ground together. What were they even laughing about? No one ever told me.
I shake off my thoughts and head into the kitchen.

"Are we leaving our things here? Or bringing them with us?" I ask Rick and Michonne who were helping each other get things into their bags.

"Um... Leave your things here but bring an empty bag. Maybe a jacket too? I'm not sure how long we'll be gone." Rick says. I nod and head back into the living room and told everyone. We finally all had our things together when Rick and Michonne walk into the room.

"Alright. Let's head out." Rick says and we all get up. Little did I know that this day would change everything.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

660 37 21
𝐩𝐥𝐨𝐭: After the prison and 𝐆𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐧 got out 𝐕𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞 wants to help him and 𝐓𝐚𝐫𝐚.She makes her way into the two hearts of 𝐆𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐧...
143 19 5
After being on the run from the police for months before the world even fell apart, Charlie soon learns that the rest of her life will now be just th...
54.4K 1K 24
THIS WAS MY FIRST BOOK AND I DO REALIZE THAT I MADE A TON OF MISTAKES BUT I WAS A YOUNG CHILD. Ranked #5 in #amcthewalkingdead - 12/29/16 Ranked #7 i...
639K 22.5K 51
"I never said I hated you. I just- strongly dislike you." ➛ in which the colorless wrath of a boy, collides against the blackened mercy of 𝘩𝘦𝘳 [s...