Lie Again

By imacharacter98

Ray Cruz returns from yet another business trip. Tony is forced to watch from the background as Ray attempts... More

Return of the Boyfriend
The Goldfish Question
Table for Two
The Morning After
Heart to Heart
Little Green Men
Confrontation
Breaking the News
Intervention
The Aftermath
Ziva's Flower Preference
Hallway Conversations
The Revelation
Noodles Fix All
The Storm
Baby Steps
Yellow is for Friendship
The Bar Scene
Chin Up
Picking at the Wound
Class Clown
Empty Chairs
The Truth Comes Out
Searching
Loose Ends
Standing in the Way
All the Questions
Doormat DiNozzo
The Pebble
Another Proposal
Secret's Safe With Me
Boys' Night Out
Girls' Night Out
My Girl
Epilogue
Important Note
Crumbling
A Night on the Couch
The Benjamin
The Past in the Present
Packing Up
Big Step
Whiplash
Missing
The Other Option
Rule #12
Hell Hath No Fury
Talk to Me
Abby the Investigator
Where Do We Go From Here?
New Story!!!
Another New Story!!!
Wow, Another New Story!!!
New Story

Dance With Me

265 12 0
By imacharacter98

Hello, lovely readers! This has been such an awesome experience. Did you notice how many reads Lie Again is at? Wow! Anyway, thank you so much for that. I just wanted to say that I've been keeping a couple updates in storage, but as soon as we hit 1000 views, I will post as many as I have to celebrate. How's that sound?

*****

Tony knocked on Ziva's door, not sure if she'd be asleep or what.

"One minute," she called.

Before he could stop himself, he got a mental image of Ziva changing clothes. It had been a while since he'd seen it in real life, but he knew her well enough. He knew that she never sat down to put her shoes on and that she despised pantyhose (why did he know that?!). Everything was as quick and efficient as humanly possible.

It was all about getting the job done.

The door swung open and Ziva was standing there in same clothes as earlier, except perhaps a little wrinkled.

"Did you sleep?" he asked.

"No."

But at least she must've tried to sleep.

"I thought maybe we could go get something to eat." He tried not to stare at the button that had come undone on her blouse.

She ran a hand through her hair. "That would be nice..."

"But?"

"But my father... has a big event tonight, and..."

"And he asked you to make an appearance because you're in town."

She nodded.

"Fine." He shuffled his feet. "Have fun."

"You were invited as well."

Oh. "Will there be drinks?" He got an extra-stern glare for that.

"Black tie." Ziva started to close the door, but he stuck his hand in the way. She raised an eyebrow.

"What will you be wearing?"

"Does it matter?"

"I guess not." He was just curious. What would Ziva David wear to a black tie event? "Should I be getting dressed?"

She opened the door again. "Yes, unless you intend to go dressed like that."

He looked down at his own wrinkled clothes and shrugged. "What do you think?"

"Go get dressed, Tony."

***

Ziva took a deep breath before the chauffeur opened her door. This wasn't her first black tie event, not even close, but it wasn't her favorite place to be. Here she would be Eli David's daughter, not NCIS Special Agent Ziva David. Here she would be charming and make small talk that bored her half to death.

If she had her way, she'd be chasing down a killer right now, scaling walls and dodging bullets.

"Ziva?"

She blinked, Tony's face registering in front of her. "Sorry."

"No problem." He offered her a hand, always (correction-- almost always) a gentleman.

Only for tonight, she let him lead, and she shivered as his hand brushed up against her skin. Maybe the backless dress hadn't been the best idea.

"Cold?" he asked.

"Yes." It was easier to lie.

"It will be warmer inside." He held the door for her, and she quickly stepped into the hall. Though the event had begun nearly an hour ago, there were very few people wandering around, and she didn't recognize any of them.

A large man hobbled over to her, a smile plastered on his face. "Ziva! I have not seen you since you were a child!"

She had absolutely no clue who the man was, nor did she care to find out.

"Maybe we should find your father?" Tony politely cut in, saving her from a painful conversation.

Ziva nodded, grateful, and took his arm. "I swear, if I have to make conversation with one more drunk man-"

"You aren't going to talk to me?"

She stopped walking. "You are not getting drunk."

"I feel like a married couple."

Ziva inhaled sharply. "What?"

"You know, you tell me not to do things, and then I resent you for it and probably do it anyway, and then you get mad at me and give me the cold shoulder, and it's a vicious circle. Married couple."

"We are not a married couple."

"I would be hurt to hear I missed the wedding," Eli David said, striding up to them.

"We are not-" Ziva closed her eyes for a second. "I am not getting married, Papa."

"What about that CIA agent you were seeing? Ray?"

"It did not work out."

"Ah. Well, one of my secretaries brought her family. I believe her son is about your age. Good man. Businessman. Very well off. Single."

"No, thank you, Papa."

She noticed the way her father's eyes flicked to Tony and then back to her. "Agent DiNozzo."

"He is helping me with a case," Ziva said before Tony could make any kind of snobby response.

"Of course. Daniel's murder."

"Yes." She hadn't hung around MTAC after Vance okay-ed the trip and called her father. Apparently the directors had discussed much more than she thought.

"How is the house?" Eli asked, rapidly changing the subject as he took a glass of champagne from a passing server.

"It is fine."

"That is good."

***

Tony struggled to keep his temper in check as he watched the two Davids interact. Ziva was clearly uncomfortable, and her father seemed to be oblivious. But he wasn't surprised. He knew by now that Eli David was a business man, not a family man. He was all about efficiency, and it showed in the way he spoke to his daughter.

"Excuse me..." Tony touched Ziva's arm. "Do you know this song, Sweet Cheeks?"

She stared at him, as if stunned he would use that nickname in front of her father.

It probably wasn't his best move, but he figured she would thank him later. "I like this song. Dance with me." He grabbed her hand and pulled her over to where a few other couples were dancing.

"What are you doing?" she asked indignantly.

"Trust me."

She sighed but let him take the lead.

He glanced past her, noting that her father was watching them with an amused look on his face. But even as Tony watched, Eli David turned and struck up a conversation with someone else. He wasn't as fascinated with his daughter's life as he pretended to be. Ziva deserved better.

Tony shifted his attention to Ziva. She seemed calm, almost like she was content to be right there in his arms. He hoped so. He wanted more than anything for her to feel some kind of peace.

Her eyes flicked up to meet his, and he felt a smile cross his face. It was like a dream.

"You do not know this song," she whispered.

"Nope."

"Thank you."

"Sure." He grinned wider, surprising her with a twirl.

She let out a laugh, her eyes sparkling when he pulled her back in.

"Still wish you hadn't let me tag along?" he asked softly, keeping her against his chest.

She couldn't seem to put two words together, but the look on her face was answer enough.

*****

Awww. I love them. Do you love them? Tell me in the comments!!!

I don't know what else to say here. I hope you're having a good day and a good week at school.

Thanks for reading!

Vote/comment/follow!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6K 418 28
This is a story for Jibbs and Tiva lovers. I personally do better with tiva but for jibbs lovers, I am adding them in. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ In this sto...
72.5K 1.7K 28
(After Season 11 Past, Present and Future, Ziva is gone) Nobody ever asked why Tony wasn't dating and flirting any more. Nobody wondered that he didn...
12.1K 253 20
{sequel to secret affairs} Since Ziva's departure from NCIS, it hasn't been the same, no ones coping especially not Tony. NCIS needs Ziva back more t...
8.7K 242 37
What would the NCIS team be like in High School? Ziva's the new kid in school when she moves to DC with her mother after Tali's death. Tony is a popu...