Open Your Eyes [L Lawliet x R...

By _ChaosCora_

You thought it would be just another routine day. Boy were you wrong. More

Meeting
Kira Case
Home
Full Trust
Hiya
Gah I'm sorry...
Drawing

The Panda- L

1.8K 62 140
By _ChaosCora_

Your POV

die...

I quickly open my eyes out of sheer fear. That voice sounded oddly familiar; too much for my liking. I let my mind skip over that fact and checked the digital clock to my left and nearly died. It was 8:37 in the morning and Watari is coming at 9!! I gasped rather loudly and literally jumped out of bed and tripped on my own feet; making me greet the ground more unexpectedly than I thought we might meet. I threw on an outfit that consist of ripped skinny jeans, a simple gray spots bra along with a long sleeve sweatshirt, a leather jacket and gray converse. I didn't need to be dressy right? Plus, I hate those suits. I brushed my hair and my teeth and ate a quick breakfast of those eggo waffles and just in time too; the door bell rang as I raced to the door all in the while grabbing my purse and phone. I opened the door and swung my head around the corner to see an older man waiting politely in a nice suit. I was correct about him being older and a butler. Hehe..

"Mrs. L/n, are you ready?" He asked in a mannerly way.

I gave a small, polite smile and nodded. "Yes. Thank you for coming to pick me up."

"Of course."

I walked out and shut the door behind me also locking it; then following Watari. He tactfully opened the door to the long sleek limo waiting for me and gestured for me to get in. I gave another smile and a quick nod before I sat down; he then closed the door behind me and walk around the long length of the limo and jump into the front seat. He put the car in drive and pressed the acceleration pedal and turning the left blinker on. Heading towards the downtown area. Time passed by as I stared out the window, when suddenly a question appeared in my head.

"Hey Watari?"

"Yes?"

"What does L look like?" The curiosity of someone who's never been seen nor in any records was over-powering and unable to contain once it had came to mind.

He hesitated for a moment but quickly came to conclusion, "I guess you'll see here in a minute, we're here."

I gave a slight chuckle, "Alright, thank you."

Silence then settled between the two of us once again with the occasion 'weering' sound from engines and squeaking brakes. I tried to imagine L and what he looked and acted like; my mind depicted a tall man that was pale. Maybe dark brown or black hair. Seeing he obviously doesn't get out much since he hides from everyone. I'm also guessing he's got problems socializing which is completely fine; because neither am I, so it's a win win for the both of us. Get the work done and I get to go home. Simple and easy.

Finally, we arrived at the building which was a luxurious hotel. I opened my door before Watari could get here and popped out; then looking around and observing my surroundings. It was a nice hotel for one, so I'm assuming he's somewhat well off.

"Ms. L/n, if would follow me." He suggested.

I nodded and followed him to the round about doors that always excited me; it was a childhood thing I loved. Once I walked it, I felt the air around me was almost elegant in a way. Fresh is maybe a better way to say it. It got me thinking as I followed Watari; was Kira one in power, or an everyday person?

Well, unless it's some yandere chick, it's a guy. The hours he kills in is a student schedule and he exceeds normal IQ so therefore he must be somewhat well off but not more than any other person. Just enough to go to a nice college. He's got a good view of Justice, but, his way of enforcing it is not how we would like. And as I've noticed that everyone he has killed has been aired on telli. With an occasional from the police records which weren't aired. That being said, he must be in a police related family and have access to those records. So whoever has a higher ranked policeman in the family is suspected.

"Ms. L/n, are you alright?" Watari asked.

I Snapped out of my deep thought trance and nodded slightly, "I was thinking about the case."

He gave an understanding nod as the elevator door slid open and revealed a hallway of doors that seemed to be a light cream colour. He lead me to one and opened it; I guess I was late because the task force was already late again. The lot turned around and looked expectantly at me as if wanting something. I kept my stone face and walked up next to them; making sure they knew I wasn't one for talk. Of any kind. Watari stood at a double door that was ahead and waiting for a single to open the door. That being L's permission and our consent.

"I'm ready. I don't know about these bone heads." I stated crossly.

The looked towards me and all nodded. They all fell silent again and waiting for L; then I heard a deep voice come from the other side of the door.

"Come in."

Watari opened the door and let the lot of us in. There stood ands tall man, about 6'2 and 110lbs. His hair was wild and charcoal black; which compliments his large, dark eyes which had bags under them. His pale skin almost shone in the lighting of the room. He was casually itching his mop of hair and then lifted his foot to scratch his calf. His loose, white shirt seemed big for him but comfortable. Along with his jeans that just seemed a bit long.

He stopped and looked at us, "I am L."

I deadpanned, Wonderful introduction. So colourful. Though I can't say I'd be any different.

I stood waiting for his next movement his bent posture would make when the task force began saying their names ands showing badges.

I physically face palmed and sighed, those idiots!

L lifted his hand to us and made it a gun. "Bang!"

They all seemed throughly confused as a few 'whats' and 'huhs' when about. I just decided to, break.

"You idiots! He could be Kira undercover and trying to 'solve' his case and lead it to someone completely innocent!" I raged.

"She is correct. You would be dead if I were Kira." He conceded.

"What? How" the guy called Matsuda asked.

I sighed again and mumbled 'if you were listening' then spoke up, "Kira needs a face and name to kill."

He did an 'ooooh' face and nodded happily. He's and idiot but he can be adorable. L told us to get comfortable and leave our phones off on the coffee table and sit down around another coffee table, which was seemingly covered in sweets. He sat in an odd position where his feet were under him and his knees were brought up to his chest; his hands laid on his knees and his back bent over a bit. That's why his posture was like that. We discussed the case a bit until he asked if he was any questions or options.

I then gave my hand a slight raise and had my hand half open and half closed; My face still emotionless.

"Yes, Ms...?"

"You may call me Lily. I agree on Kira needing a face and name; have you considered his daily life? His schedule of killing is that of college student. Almost all killings were aired on the telli and some even are unannounced in police records. That being said don't you think two of these people in this room should be suspected because they have a family and have access to those files? The Yagami family." I stated.

His response was limited, "His?"

"Obviously, unless it's some yandere chick that's crazy for her senpai and going after criminals why? So, a guy. Plus, most girls wouldn't dream of killing."

"Are you saying someone in my family is a murderer!?" Yagami yelled at me.

I turned to him coldly, "Is it that hard to grasp or do you need a shock blanket?"

He gave a quite growl and reluctantly took his fiery eyes off my stormy eyes. Tension was evident in the pent house but subsided when L spoke.

"That's all. You may go."

I watched the other get up before me until it was my turn to join the single file line. I stood and walked between the sofa and the sweet smelling table and just about passed L when he called my alias.

"Lily."

Shiiiiit

"Yes, L."

"Ryuzaki," he corrected, "I would like to inform you that you have a 20% chance of being Kira."

My surprise was not there, "just because I found something before you does not mean anything. But, if you insist, I can play cat and mouse."

He stared at me for a moment and then plopped and panda cracked into his mouth... which uncannily looked like him....

"Lily." He snapped me out my gaze.

"Yes."

"Why do you use alias?"

"I should be asking you."

"I feel safer with it, plus, I'm not very fond of my name."

This took me back, why not? "I see. I use it because Kira could be in this room." I looked off to the side and out the large window looking down at the city below, "Though if you wish to know, you'll have to gain my trust. And Watari has no right to reveal my true name. So, good luck."

I turned and dismissed myself through the door. I really really wanted sweets now. Damn it. I took my phone out and looked up sweet stores near me and finding a good one that was down the street. As I entered the elevator and the door started closing I looked up; a camera was there and and was obviously focused on me. Specially me. I sighed and knew L and Watari were watching. Kind of creepy, but they know where I'm going now and I'm hoping they don't follow.

I went to my mind and thought about everything, I mean, this is a large step in my career. Just then, the screen made a sound and the door opened to a man in his mid 20s.

"Hello,"

He spoke. Nooooo!!

"Hi."

He smoothed down his wild, dark brown hair and opened his mouth to speak again. "Are you staying here?"

Ahaha so lying so I don't get creeped on again.

"Ah yes, me and my boyfriend are staying here for a bit." I moved my hand as if I were rambling, "How about you?"

His face seemed to sink a bit after I told him that fib.

"My sister is getting married and I was invited. Also, what are you two here for?"

"Oh, just a vacation from gloomy England."

"Ah I see.. Well welcome to Japan! Hope you two have fun,"

I noticed a sweat drop from his hairline and his slurred speech. "Thanks. Staircase not working for you?"

"Yeah I- wait how-"

"Just concluded it," I interrupted him. Just in time to be in the main level.

The doors slid open and several people were waiting. I gave the unnamed man a slight wave and smile and walked out; allowing the new passengers to get in. I made my way to the revolving doors and went through them; again I took out my phone and made sure I remembered the address correctly.

I walked on the sidewalk down the road to see a sign that was light pink with fancy writing on it. It was the candy shop I was looking for. I became excited and jogged over to the beaming store; I opened the door and the bell chimed above me.

"Hello miss! How are you today?" A waitress asked.

She was definitely a single mother.

"Peachy.. how about you?" I asked with a smile.

She gave a slight shrug and replied with a smirk, "Peachy."

I smiled back at her and thanked her while continuing to the candy encased in glass. As I waited in line, I felt a figure appear behind me. It was that weird feeling someone is watching you and is behind you. A wave of scents such as ice cream, lollipops, and panda crackers.

I was one person before picking what I wanted so I decided to get Pocky, two lbs of panda crackers, and some caramel chocolates. As I ordered, the weird presence behind me vanished. L had went and sat in the booth next to the door, which had a nice view of the shopping street outside. I noticed he tried to blend in with everyone since he was wearing a jacket with a kawaii muffin and sweat pants. His hair was somehow slicked back and his posture was corrected.

"Here you are ma'am. That is... $9.77 please." The cashier said enthusiastically.

"Ah yes.. her you are." I pulled out a ten and handed it to the man. "Keep the change."

He smiled at me as I turned around. I acted as if I didn't notice L and walked towards to door only to make a swift detour to the table right next to it. I slammed the panda crackers on his table.

"I said earn my trust not stalk me." I growled and walked off.

Before I got to the door the same waitress stopped me, "Is everything alright?"

"Oh yes, something came up. Oh but here." I pulled out my wallet and gave her $100. "I know school is soon, that should cover the supply fee for her. Have a nice day! And don't worry, it'll get much better soon."

I left her with her mouth agape. Today I felt generous and happy. Minus the whole stalking thing. I walked out with my hands in my pockets and onto the sidewalk once again and took out a pack a Pocky, opened it, and put one in my mouth to satisfy to burning urge for chocolate and sweets. I put my hands back in my pockets. I walked in silence until I heard shuffling behind me. I stopped in my tracks and put my head down slightly to note my obvious distress.

I whipped around with fire in my eyes, "What."

"I'm going to the hotel. Why ask me that?" He countered.

"Ah yes, so your disguise was completely random and normal for you?" I snapped. He was already off to a bad start.

"I was curious."

"Yeah alright George. Just keep your nose outta my business."

I turned back and began walking again only to hear the same shuffling following. The irritation had to be quite evident now.

"Don't you have a whole damn limo you could be enjoying." I sneered.

"Yes." He started, I had opened a large can of worms. "But your attitude at work is not one that looks to suit you so I decided to investigate. My hypothesis was correct. You have two different personalities."

"Oh whoop di do! Congratulations you figured out that I'm split." I responded with obvious fake enthusiasm and sarcasm dripping like goo from my voice.

"Thank you."

My irritation grew as I gritted my teeth. This guy doesn't know when to shut up does he!?

"For the crackers."

You should've said that before you imbecile.

"Mph" I grunted a inaudible 'you're welcome '. At least that was my version.

I stuck another Pocky in my mouth when I noticed that he had slipped right next to me. I stared down at him on the ground as my irritation faded and turned to snorts and giggles. Then forming into very very loud laughs that were often rare from me. I doubled over crying from laughter and held to my knees, the Pocky had already dropped from my mouth.

"AHAHAHAAAHA oh man!" I whipped the tears from my eyes and whipped my hands on my jeans. I then held out my hand to help him up. He took my hand and wrapped his long fingers around my small hands. I hoisted him with my weight and balanced myself after letting go of his hand.

"...Thank you.." he mumbled.

I immediately became worried. Had I laughed too much?

"O-oh.. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to laugh so much..." I apologized.

He looked at me oddly, "Why are apologizing? If it made you laugh I'm glad it happened. You're not the Ice Princess the task force said you were."

My face immediately changed to a ticked off look, those bozos said that to him!? When!?

I then sighed, "Yeah I guess. Anyways, I'll see you around then. Stop stalking me... pervert."

I walked away and towards my house. I heard him mumble something but didn't bother to ask what.

L POV

"I'm a.. pervert?"

Though it seems 'Lily' has major trust problems. As to why, I suppose I'll find out.

Hey guys!!! Sorry it took so long to get this chapter out, I hope you liked it and decide to keep reading! Bye!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 114 20
"Well, shit. I guess this is how it's going to be..." -- From the moment I saw that damn house, I knew we shouldn't have moved in.
35K 1K 16
๐š๐ซ๐๐ž๐ญ๐ก ๐›๐š๐ฒ ๐ฑ ๐ž๐ ๐ฒ๐ฉ๐ญ๐ข๐š๐ง! ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ฆ! ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐๐ž๐ซ "๐’๐’–๐’“ ๐’‘๐’‚๐’•๐’‰๐’” ๐’˜๐’Š๐’๐’ ๐’„๐’“๐’๐’”๐’” ๐’‚๐’ˆ๐’‚๐’Š๐’. ๐’ƒ๐’–๐’• ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’๐’๐’˜, ๐’˜๐’† ๐’Ž๐’–๐’”๐’•...
10.6K 189 18
โ๐ก๐จ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐›๐ฅ๐จ๐จ๐๐ฒ ๐Ÿ๐ฎ๐œ๐ค๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ฌ๐ก๐ข๐ญ!โž โ†ณ ๐ข๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก ๐˜/๐, ๐’๐ฎ๐›๐ฃ๐ž๐œ๐ญ ๐€๐Ÿ–, ๐๐ซ๐จ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐–๐ˆ๐‚๐Š๐„๐ƒ, ๐๐ข๐ฌ๐œ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๏ฟฝ...
71.3K 1.4K 42
DTK x GN Reader You're not sure why this boy freaked out about the symmetry of your weapons, but you're not exactly mad about his excitement.