DENY. → jily

By -CHERRYTEARS

james potter and lily evans are in love and hiding it, all their friends know, and lily kind of doesn't want... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
thirteen
fourteen
epilogue

twelve

1.1K 29 2
By -CHERRYTEARS

Lily Evans was over the moon. She didn't think happy could cut it, not today anyway. It was their second last day as Gryffindor students, and tomorrow, she and her friends would be graduating students of Gryffindor High. She looked over at Alice, who was talking about Frank as Lily sipped her espresso. Lily was trying to focus on her best friend's words, but she was so preoccupied with her own happiness that her hearing had gone blank. Finally, Alice abruptly cut off her speech and rolled her eyes, leaning over the little diner table to wave a hand in Lily's face.

''Babe, did you just hear anything I said?'' Alice asked, leaning back in her chair.

''Huh?'' Lily said not-very-intelligently, and Alice rolled her eyes again.

''I said, that I think Frank is going to propose to me on Grad night, but I don't think I'm ready for commitment like that,'' she said, and Lily snorted.

''Ha! You, with Frank, not ready for commitment? You're basically married already, what's a ring going to do?" She said, and Alice scoffed but grinned.

''I guess you're right. I mean, I do love him, and the idea of starting a family with him is just so amazing and sweet that sometimes it hurts to think that I don't currently have it right now.'' She said, and Lily smiled at her.

''I'm always right, Al. And anyway, you never know, you might get married and get lucky on your wedding night, and boom, you have a mini Alice and Frank.'' Lily said, and Alice went red and hit her on the arm.

''Hey! Keep your voice down, you dirty minded weirdo! Honestly, we're not going to 'get lucky' on our wedding night, if there even is one, and anyway, I wouldn't get pregnant on the first go. I'm not that lucky.'' She said, and Lily rolled her eyes.

''I'm sure you're fertile enough.''

''Lily!''

''You're like a little seed that sprouting and is ready to burst out a tree or something.''

''Oh my God, I'm not a fucking plant!'' Alice said, and Lily laughed.

''Ha! Whatever, you're so getting married, and we're buying you some nice underwear to wear that day right now.'' She said, and Alice opened her mouth to protest, but Lily put up her hand to stop her. ''We're going sexy undies shopping, end of story, now get in my car and let's go shopping, Mrs Longbottom,'' Lily said, and Alice rolled her eyes but took Lily offered hand as they walked across the street to Lily's car.

''Whatever. I'm not getting a corset, though.'' Alice pointed out, and Lily's eyes lit up with mischief.

''What a lovely idea!''

''Lily!''

-.-.-

Victoria's Secret was packed. It usually was, seeing as it was the only one in the whole of Hogwarts state, but still, it was a bit strange to see this many people in it on a Thursday afternoon. Aline Parkinson, a beautiful but kind of rude Slytherin girl was the only person Lily recognized, but she still felt a bit weird that so many eyes were on her and Alice as they made their way over to the lingerie section.

''So, light pink or cream? I'm thinking cream or light pink because of your skin tone, but I don't know if you want something a little bolder, like red or black.'' Lily explained to Alice, who was looking as if she was trying not to laugh at Lily's formal tone.

''Lily, we're literally in front of lacy bras and barely there underwear, you don't have to sound as if you're in a TV ad.'' She said, laughing, and Lily scowled at her.

''Whatever, prat,'' she said, sounding much more like herself, ''choose a colour and get in the changing rooms, we have three hours and I need to pee.'' She said, and Alice rolled her eyes.

''Yes, mother,'' she said, picking out a light pink bra and underwear set and another cream one, both with a considerable amount of lace and straps. She ducked into a stall, and Lily could've sworn she saw her blushing.

''Are you sure Frank is going to be able to get that off you?" Lily said through the changing room door. ''I mean, he's not the most coordinated of sorts,''

''If you diss my possibly-could-be fiancé again and I'll stick this clothes hanger through your face,'' came Alice's muffled reply through the door and Lily snorted a laugh as she waited.

''I like the pink, I think I'll get this one, actually.'' Alice said fifteen minutes later as she exited the stall. Lily took it from her and shook her head.

''You won't be buying it, I will. See it as a gift; if you get married, great, I can buy you a smaller house warming gift and we'll all be set. If you don't get married, then it's a gift for being the most amazing friend ever and the most awesome girl I've met. Not that I'm gay, but if I was Frank better watch out.'' Lily said, and Alice laughed as they lined up to pay.

''Seriously though, you're seeming really friendly today!'' Alice said, and Lily raised an eyebrow.

''As opposed to other days when I'm considerably more of an asshole?" She said, and Alice nodded.

''Exactly like that.'' She said earnestly, and Lily rolled her eyes.

''Whatever. It's just, you know how I didn't get accepted into any colleges I applied for? Well, I applied for NYU, which you also know, but they accepted me, and I asked James if I could go with him New York, and he said yes.'' Lily said, and Alice squealed, earning them a few looks, which they both ignored.

''That's great! Congrats on getting accepted, I'm super proud! NYU is amazing, and you'll love it! But also congratulations on James wanting to go with you! I mean, that's a huge step in your relationship!'' She said, and Lily smiled and sighed.

''Yeah, I guess it is. He also asked me to live off campus with him. I'm thinking an apartment, because they're cheaper and easier to get than anything else in New York, plus there's a few good complexes near campus that would be easy for travel and leisure activities. I've looked into it, and I could afford to live there on my own for a year, but with James paying half the rent we'd be able to stay there for the whole time we're studying at NYU.'' Lily explained, and Alice smiled.

''Wow, I am so proud. Honestly, that's amazing! You've been dating for, what, two months? Three? It's just, Frank took three years to tell me he wanted to move in together, even though I knew he wanted to as soon as he said 'I love you' in fifth year. Seriously, that's awesome Lily,'' She said, shaking her head. ''Have you told him about the apartment thing?''

''Yeah, I texted him earlier this afternoon, because I was too excited to say anything in person in case he got overwhelmed and rethought his offer. But yeah, he said it sounded like a good idea, so he's buying one tonight online and we'll move in tomorrow night or early Saturday morning, if we can be bothered after the Grad parties. But yeah, it should be fun.'' Lily said, and Alice squealed again and gave her a hug, lifting her almost off her feet. Alice may have been short, but she did boxing, and most of her chubbiness was muscle.

''I'm so happy for you, Lils, no joke. Come on, let's pay for this lacy shit and get out of here for a drink.'' Alice said, and Lily stared at her as she walked up to the cashier counter.

''You're not legal yet,'' Lily pointed out.

''So? You are, and it's a special occasion. Now shut up and let's get a drink.'' Alice said, and Lily rolled her eyes as she handed over her card, but she was smiling and she was happy.

-.-.-

''I now present to you, the graduating class of Gryffindor High!''

Lily and Alice jumped into each other's arms, their graduation robes flying around them. Alice kissed Lily on the cheek, squealed and hugged her best friend, all while Lily grinned and screamed like a lunatic. But they looked normal with all the students around them doing the same. They had just graduated! All of them! Lily looked at Alice, and they smiled at each other, holding hands and thinking of separate things. Lily couldn't believe she had graduated. So many years spent in classrooms, trying to block out James Potter and Sirius Black, focusing on the board and the teacher, Alice by her side. Sometimes she would sit near Remus sometimes, but she never would again. The thought of not having to wake up at 6.30 was nice; the thought of no tests was great; the idea of no annoying deadlines was fantastic. In all honesty, though, Lily was not ready to be an adult.

She was getting mentally ready to live with her boyfriend of a couple of months! How on earth would she ever be ready for anything extreme?

She shook her head angrily, fed up of second guessing and being too hard on herself. Instead she threw her arms around Alice.

''C'mon. Let's find the others,'' She said. Alice grinned.

''Hell yeah!'' And off they went, through the excited and nostalgic crowd of teenagers and young adults. They located Donna and Mary pretty quick; the girls were in the middle of a crowd that was cheering as Mary and Donna kissed.

''Hey! Guys! We did it! We made it! All the way to the end!'' Alice called, and the girls broke apart at the sound of her voice. They grinned and jogged over to Lily and Alice. Lily hugged them, smiling.

''I know right! Ugh, it's crazy brilliant, isn't it?'' Donna said, smiling ear to ear. Lily had only ever seen her around school a couple of times, but it turned out she had caught Mary's eye. Now Lily looked at her properly, and realized just how beautiful she was. Dark skin, curly hair, vivacious smile and charming eyes. She was the picture of lovely; she somehow managed to make the horrid black grad robes look acceptable. Mary held Donna's hand and grinned too.

It's incredible! I can't believe how far we've come, all of us!'' Mary said. She smiled at all of them, mainly Lily. Lily remembered when she had met Mary, and how sad she'd been when she found out that Mary wasn't going to be coming to Gryffindor High with her when they could finally finish elementary school. Then she remembered seeing her earlier this year, and the way Mary had changed only slightly. She remembered Mary's thick eyebrows and red lipstick, which she was wearing now, and her beautiful dark hair and flawless skin. Mary was just as beautiful as Donna. Lily had had beautiful friends her whole life, and only now she was realizing it.

''Hey, Lily, you okay?'' Alice asked, shaking Lily out of her reverie. She nodded and smiled.

''Yeah. C'mon. Let's find Dorcas.'' She said, and the other girls cheered in agreement. It was exactly how Lily wanted to end her school year; arm in arm with her best friends, and picking up new ones along the way.

-.-.-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 54.4K 32
"Look at her. She's perfect." "Yeah, Lily does look good tonight." "What? No, I mean Lyra." [Marauders Era] [©-anjo1006]
8.2K 148 21
Y/N Evans have always been inlove with her best friend James. So offcoarse she is broken when he started dating her sister Lily. A lot happens which...
303K 18.1K 101
A series of one shots about how James asked out Lily.
28.8K 596 14
"𝘐𝘧 𝘪𝘵 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘴𝘦, 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘱𝘴, 𝘵𝘰𝘰." ***** 🌸𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐮𝐝�...