Steal My Heart

By pretty_reader_

Emma Davies was once a foolish kid in love with Jace Williams and it do not end well. Ten years have gone by... More

Steal My Heart
Chapter 1: I Was Talking To The Eggs
Chapter 2: Wait Hold Up, Who Is Jace?
Chapter 3: Go Slow On The Brownies Dear
Chapter 4: Really? Did You Use Charlie?
Chapter 5: I Need You To Spit It Out , Right Now.
Chapter 6: You Definitely Know Your Mean Girls
Announcement!!!
Chapter 7: Okay, Are You Still Hungry?
Chapter 8: It's Party Time People!
Chapter 9: The Ice Cream's Melting
Chapter 10: He Did What?!!
Chapter 11: I Guess Ice Cream Makes Everything Better, Right?
Chapter 12: He's Lying We're Not Dating
Chapter 13: My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me
Chapter 14: Wanna Ditch School?
Chapter 15: Why? I've Seen Plenty Before
Chapter 16: That's Because Your Boyfriend Was Drunk
Chapter 17: Why Are You Avoiding Me?
Chapter 18: I'm Not A Horror Movie Person
Chapter 19: You Really Got Issues
Chapter 20: Your Grandma Can Tame A Lion With Her Brownies
Chapter 21: I Don't Want You Painting My Room
Chapter 22: Can I Please Know The Reason You Slapped Me?
Chapter 23: I Feel That Kid's Pain
Chapter 24: I.. I Thought Of My Dad And...
Chapter 25: I've Never Made Pizza Before
Chapter 27: I'm In Pain
Chapter 28: Then Call Your Lover Boy
New Book
Chapter 29: Marry Me?
Chapter 30: Stop Playing Matchmaker
Chapter 31:I Guess We're Too Good At Goodbyes
Chapter 32: I Really Want To Kiss You Now
Chapter 33: I'm Dumbledore
Side Note: Vote For Me
Chapter 34: Why Do You Have To Be So Annoyingly Attractive?
Chapter 34: Your Boyfriend Is Really Hot
Chapter 35: It's Just 6:13
Chapter 36: Holy Flying Cows!
Chapter 37: It's Makeout Time
Chapter 38: You're Really Enjoying Yourself Right Now Aren't You?
Chapter 39: It Kinda Skipped My Mind
Chapter 40: Oh Shut Up And Kiss Me
Chapter 41: Shortie
Chapter 42: The Freaking Idiot Ate All My Oreos
Chapter 43: What Were You Expecting, Huh?
Chapter 44: It's Nine In The Fucking Morning!
Chapter 45: Let's Go To A Tattoo Parlor
Not An Update, Sorry.
Chapter 46: Well Hello To You Too
Chapter 47: Aren't You Just A Big Ball Of Sunshine?
Chapter 48: Isn't She Cute?
Chapter 49: Well, Pizza It Is.
Chapter 50: Goodbye Emma
Chapter 51: Weren't So Brave With Landon
Chapter 52: I Really Missed You Dude.
Epilogue

Chapter 26: You Should Have Seen Your Face

270 16 14
By pretty_reader_

Emma
We're going back home in two days. Baah.

We were all in the living room watching TV when my phone rang. It was my mom.

Excusing myself, I went to my room to answer. "Hi, mom."

"Honey, how are you? I'm guessing you're coming home soon?" She asked.

"Yes. How's grandma?" I asked and she snorted.

"You think I'll call you again with her around? I don't think so."

I chuckled at that. "So, why did you call? Or do you just miss my sweet voice?" I tease.

"I just called to check on my loving daughter" she said and I snorted.

"Yeah right? What is it?" I roll my eyes.

"I called to tell you I'm going on a date tonight. With your dad" she said quickly.

"Hold on a minute. "What dad?" I ask not believing.

"Uh.. your dad?" She says unsurely.

"What the hell mom? Dad! Really?! You still love him after everything?!!!" I yell.

"You will not yell at me young lady. I do not need your permission and I definitely do not need you yelling at me" she said sharply and hung up.

I stayed in my room a bit longer, yelling into my pillow and pulling my hair.

When I was calm, I stood up and went back to the living room.

Jace was looking at me weirdly. "What is it?" I ask.

He points to his hair and my hands immediately fly to my hair to straighten it.

I mouth a thanks and continue watching TV. We were watching a random channel and I wasn't really focusing. My mind was on my mom.

"I'm hungry" Logan yawned and we all groaned.

"Dude. Are you on a drug? You're hungry every five seconds" Jace groaned.

We all went to the kitchen to make lunch. "Let's make fried rice. I learnt a recipe on Food Network." I suggested. Do you have edamame?"

"What the hell is edamame?" Jace asks and I shrug. I think it's a type of pea.

We brought out all the ingredients and set them on the counter.

"Jace, please tell me you know how to cook rice" Mia joked.

He chuckled nervously. "Well, the thing is.."

Mia's mouth dropped and I was just laughing.

"I'm just kidding" he laughed and Mia sighed in relief.

When we finished the cooking the rice, we just ate on the kitchen counter.

"This is delicious. I have to learn this" Logan said, his mouth full of rice.

"I learnt the recipe from The Pioneer Woman on Food Network" I said.

After lunch, I went to my room to just escape and think.

I knew my mom still loved my dad but I didn't think she'll give him a second chance.

I heard a knock and Jace asking to come in.

Sitting up, I grab my phone, pretending to be doing something because I know if he sees me here doing nothing he'll know I'm thinking and will want to know what about and I'll end up telling him.

He walks in and towards me, sitting beside me. "I know you're just scrolling through your pictures, Emma" he sighs.

I ignore him and keep scrolling through. I come to a picture of Charlie and I get an idea.

"Who's that?" Jace asks and his voice is laced with a bit of jealousy.

"Someone important to me" I say simply. Walk into the trap.

"Is it Charlie? Your boyfriend?" He teases and I force tears to drop but he doesn't notice them because he's not looking at me.

"It's my cousin, Gonzales" I say and he sighs in relief. "My dead cousin" I add and his head snaps up and he notices my tears.

"Emma, I didn't know it was--" he starts but I cut him off.

"I get it. Nobody knows about it" I look at him and grin. "Because he's not real. Ha" I laugh.

While he was still trying to process everything, I take a picture of his face. It's a mixture of confusion, sadness, relief and guilt.

I just keep laughing while he stares at me, dumbfounded. He finally composes himself.

"That wasn't funny" he mumbles.

I just keep laughing, holding my sides. "You should have seen your face."

"I should have known. You don't have any Mexican relatives and he's blonde. Idiot" he muttered to himself.

"I agree" I smirk. How did he even believe that?

"I have to send this to the guys" I say and carry my phone.

His eyes widen. "No way in fucking hell. Give me that" he reaches for my phone.

I dodge his hand and stand up, then run around the room. He runs after me and he gets closer.

"Just give it" he yells running after me.

"Never!" I yell and run towards the bed.

I'm about to climb the bed, when he catches up to me and tries to grab my phone. I stretch my hand and in the process lose my balance and fall on the bed with him falling on me.

"Oh my God" I groan. "You weigh a ton." I then notice the position we're in and my cheeks redden.

I look up at his face and he's staring at me. "W-what?"

He just smiles and shakes his head. Then his face turns serious and he starts leaning in.

"Emma?" He breathes. Our faces are so close that our noses are touching.

"Y-yeah?" I ask. My heart is racing and it's as if there's a whole zoo in my stomach.

He kisses me and my whole body freezes. I can't think and I can't even move.

He pulls back after a while and sits up. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that" he shakes his head.

I sit up and a smile spreads across my face. "You should've" I say before smashing our lips together.

He freezes for a moment before kissing me back. I close my eyes and deepen the kiss and then his hands snake around my waist and he sits me on his lap.

My hands automatically go around his neck and he smiles into the kiss.

He pulls back and I open my eyes slowly to see him grinning. I notice we're both panting.

I suddenly feel very shy and stare at my laps, causing my hair to curtain my face.

He raises my chin and stares at me, concerned. "What's wrong?"

I shake my head and give him a small smile. "It's just... I mean I just.. kissed you and I'm not..." I stutter.

He chuckles. "I like you Emma" he says and my heart stops.

"But you.. I mean you can't.. It's.." I stutter. I take a deep breath to calm myself.

"You don't" I say firmly. "You can't like me."

"Yes I do" he says and kisses me again.

My mind is telling me not to kiss him but my heart and body are telling me to go for it.

My heart wins the argument and I give in to him and kiss him back.

The door suddenly bursts open and we immediately jump apart. I looked at the door and it was Mia, smirking.

My cheeks were bright pink and I looked like a kid who was caught with her hand in the cookie jar. A very hot cookie jar if you ask me.

"I see you guys were busy. I'll come back later" she said, smirking.

"No, I'll leave. Um.. bye, Em" he smiled at me before leaving.

Mia looked like she was about to burst. "Hold on. Before you--"

"Ohmygosh!!! I'm gonna die! My laptop, I have to video call Emily. She is going to die" then she turned to me. "I. Need. Details." She squealed.

I just shook my head and sighed. She was going at the speed of a cheetah on crack.

She jumped beside me on the bed and dropped the laptop in front of us.

Soon enough, Emily was on the computer screen looking at us.

"Hey guys, what's up?" She grinned.

She noticed my unenthusiastic face and Mia's excited face.

"What's wrong?" She seemed concerned. If only you knew, young one.

"Guess what?" Mia asked, her smile reaching a thousand watts.

"What the hell is going on?" She questioned again.

"Code rainbow" Mia squealed. Emily's face showed confusion for half a second before it brightened.

"No. Way" she squealed and started jumping in her seat.

I just dropped my hand in my head. "Would you guys please stop?"

They stopped immediately. I didn't think that would work.

"What's wrong? Was it bad?" Emily asked, evidently concerned.

"What the-- You're just thirteen. I'll call you later" I said.

"No! No no no--" she was cut short by me cutting off the call.

"Was it really that bad?" Mia repeated.

I groaned in frustration. "No, it wasn't bad at all. On the contrary really good."

Her face brightened again. "Then what is it?"

"I don't know what to do? Are things going to be awkward or not? Am I ever even going to leave this room?" I mutter to myself.

"Of course. You guys have to talk" she laughed.

"Yeah. He said he came here to talk" I sighed.

"Well, I'm going to the living room. You coming?" She asked.

I sighed and got up. I might as well.

The boys weren't in the living room and Mia said they were talking about me and we should go listen to their conversation.

"No! Are you crazy?" I whisper yelled.

"Yeah. Crazy in love with you guys" she wiggled her eyebrows.

She eventually dragged me their room and I have to say, I was a bit curious.

We placed our ears on their door and listened. "You really like her, huh?" I heard Logan.

"Yeah, I do. It's just I don't know if she likes me" Jace said and I almost yelled.

"Dude. She kissed you" Logan laughed. "You're just insecure because of Kira."

I inwardly groaned. What is it with this Kira character?

"At least you got to make a move. Mia immediately came looking for her best friend" Logan sighed in annoyance.

"Yeah, that's the thing. I don't care if you have to tie her down and kiss her but just do it already. You guy's sexual tension is actually scary" Jace laughed.

I glanced at Mia who had turned a bright shade of red. "Not as much as you and Emma" Logan replied and my face turned red.

I gestured for us to go back to the living room. We went back, pretending like nothing happened.

Soon enough the boys came back to the living room. My eyes met Jace's and I quickly looked away.

Instead of our me sitting on his lap, Jace sat on an armchair and brought out his phone. I was kinda disappointed but.. life goes on.

Hey guys, big close encounter. When I was writing the kissing scene, my uncle grabbed my phone and I immediately panicked because my mom, aunts and grandma were there, not only him. Luckily I fought for the phone until it went off and then when I collected it back to put in the pattern, I quickly removed it. Phew!

Alright, so the big kiss ;) . I hope it was okay because I've never written one and I've also never had... never mind.

Anyone hungry for edamame (I think it's a kind of pea) fried rice can check for the recipe on Food Network's Pioneer Woman.

I'll try to update soon so you guys don't die of suspense.

Bye loves.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Four Years By ♡

Teen Fiction

338K 12.2K 26
[ 𝗔𝘃𝗮𝗶𝗹𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝗼𝗻 Dreame, Webnovel & Mangatoon!] You know that moment when you've finally had enough of a certain feeling and n...
126K 2K 45
A 16 year old girl named Madison lives in New York but one day her mom got a new job out in California so they have to move out there but she moves n...
767 208 24
[Prequel to Mismatched] A single kiss can change two lives forever. When Belinda Clarke attends a party in hopes of getting closer to her crush, thin...