Highest Bidder

By Abuttman

Sang only has a few weeks before she's 18 and can finally be free of her awful family. Her plans are changed... More

A/N
home not so sweet home
Dazed and Confused
Is there more to this
Twelve
And Sold!
A report
introductions are scary
sweet freedom
Golden Arches never looked so good
A report
Uncle
Shopping IS exhausting
Teams
Follow the leader
Mistakes happen

Mr---

2.7K 186 16
By Abuttman

Stretching, I wince as yesterday begins to catch up with me. Every muscle in my body seems to scream in protest. Despite having a bath yesterday afternoon, after Dr. Green had been satisfied with my feet, I felt another one was in order. Maybe I could loosen some of my more tender muscles. After our chat and my bath, Dr. Green had insisted I rest my feet for the remainder of the day while he, Mr. Blackbourne, and Mr. Dakota had been locked up in Mr. Blackburne's office doing something for their organization. Mr. Nathan had been my escort for the day, indulging in scary movies and conversation, while the rest of the boys were busy with other jobs for their organization. It only raised more questions about their organization, but I refrained from asking anything, Uncle’s words coming back to me every time I began to open my mouth to ask questions.

After my day with Mr. Nathan and a nice meal with the rest of them, I feel more confident in my decision to stay. I’m careful not to step on Mr. Gabriel on my way to the dresser to grab the clothes I had on yesterday. Mr. Gabriel had said he had to ‘win’ to get the chance to have a “slumber party” in my room, but I know it was their way of keeping an eye on me in the night. I don’t mind and even asked him to join me in the spacious bed, but he refused, stating, “It’s good on the back to sleep on the floor once in a while.” Even though it was meant to be something fun, the minute he had gotten to the room, he had made a bed and turned the lights off.  Shutting the door behind me, I start the water, making it as hot as I can possibly stand then strip down.

Coming out of the bathroom, my muscles not feeling as tight as they were before, I find Mr. Gabriel gone, and the floor bed cleaned up. Deciding I had better hurry, I quickly make up the bed and slip on my shoes before heading down the stairs. Listening carefully, I follow the sound of the boys to the dining area. Finding Mr. Nathan, Mr. Victor, Mr. Gabriel, and Dr. Green in there, I watch as they work together like a well-oiled machine.

“Good morning,” I say quietly after a few moments, letting my presence being known.

“Good morning, Sang. Please take a seat,” Mr. Victor says, pulling out the same chair I had sat in before.

“Thank you, Mr. Victor. I can help though,” I state.

“Oy, take a seat,” Mr. Gabriel commands, pointing to the seat. Not wanting to be a rude guest in their home, I smile at him, and take the offered chair.

“Sang, you are a guest in our home; we don’t expect you to work while you are here,” Mr. Nathan states.  

“They are right, Pumpkin. You are a guest. Please let us do this for you,” Dr. Green says.

“Good morning, Miss Sorenson,” Mr. Blackbourne says, coming into the room carrying a platter of bacon.

“Good morning, Mr. Blackbourne,” I smile.

The others follow behind Mr. Blackbourne, each carrying their own platter, and each offering me a greeting as they take their seats. Buzz of conversation starts around me as everyone gets seated, and once again I find my plate magically filled. Mr. North begins putting more eggs on my plate, and I hold my hand up.

“Mr. North, I don’t need any more food. Thank you,” I say quietly.

“Sang Baby, you need the protein if you plan on shopping with Gabriel,” he states, slowly sliding back into his chair.

“Owen, can you do something about the ‘Mister?’ I noticed it yesterday every time she talked to me,” Mr. Nathan states, confusing me.

I know they aren’t going to hurt me now and that I’m not here as an employee, but isn’t that a sign of respect? And why is he asking Mr. Blackbourne to talk to me when I am right here.

“Miss. Soren-- Sang, neither the boys nor I require you to call us mister anybody. Treat us as you would a friend,” Mr. Blackbourne states, and then turns to Mr. Nathan, “Nathan, Sang is here at the table, and you could have talked to her yourself,” he says, resuming eating.

“I’m sorry, Sang. I should've spoken to you directly,” Mr. Nathan apologizes.

“It’s fine Mr. -- uh, Nathan,” I reply, digging into my food in hopes that the conversation would end.

I sigh in relief, when everyone starts eating, and conversations resume. Calling them by their first names would prove to be difficult. I had never really had a friend before. The one time I had tried, we had ended up moving to Charleston. That had been the first time Marie had shown hate towards me also. After that I never tried again. I thought maybe if Marie could finish out her high school career in one place, she would stop hating me, and we could go back to the way we used to be. It had never happened however, and she had just gotten worse--even aiding our mother in her punishments, always making it worse. My father had tried to be a buffer a couple of times, but even he had ended up siding with my mother and sister after we had moved. I look around the table and wonder if, for the first time, I would actually have friends in these nine boys, or if after I am no longer of use to them, they would drop me? It is something for me to explore after all the girls were safe.

“Mr. -- Owen, have you heard anything on the case?” I question quietly, turning slightly to the left, not wanting to interrupt any of the other boys. But, once again the room goes silent, as soon as the question is out.

“Sang, as soon as I hear when we are all meeting again, I will make sure you are the first to know,” he replies.

“Oy! You’re not getting out of shopping with me that easily,” Gabriel states.

“Your fate has been sealed, Aggele Mou,” Silas speaks up.

North shoots him a glare, but otherwise doesn’t say anything.

“I’ll make it fun, cupcake,” Lucian whispers in my ear.

“Don’t even fucking think about pumping her full of sugar!” North exclaims, pointing a finger at Lucian.

“I will keep the whole lot of them out of trouble” Victor adds in.

I suppress a groan. What have I gotten myself into, agreeing to do a little shopping with Gabriel?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I am once again shuffled to the living room when breakfast is done; this time Dakota is my escort. It’s beginning to feel like they were all taking turns babysitting me.

“You don’t have to sit in here with me, I’m not going anywhere,” I say. Dakota shoots me a grin before replying.

“I don’t mind. Besides, it gets me out of dish duty,” he replies.

“Owen was correct when he said to treat us the way you would any other friend,” Dakota says after a few moments of silence.

“I have never had a friend,” I admit, my face heating up with a blush.

Dakota’s face drops for a second before he smiles once again.

“Given the chance, we make pretty good friends,” he states.

“I believe it,” I state sincerely. I had no doubt of what kind of friends they would be. I saw it in everything they did. They worked like a well-oiled machine, and you couldn’t do that without years of friendship.

“How long have you all been friends?” I ask, curiosity getting the best of me.

“Nathan, my whole life. We had play dates when we were still in diapers. Victor, Gabriel, and Luke I met in kindergarten. Sean and Owen came into our lives when we were 9, and Silas came over from Greece when we were 11 and North a year later,” he says.

“That’s a long time to be friends,” I say, not really knowing how long normal friendships last.

“They are the best friends any guy could ask for,” he says. I nod my head like I understand, but the truth was, I never would.

“How many siblings do you have?” I question, not really knowing what else to ask.

“Besides the guys, I have one younger sister, Jessica,” he answers.

“Do you get along with her?” I ask, again curiosity getting the best of me. Dakota’s smile broadens giving me the only answer I really need.

“Actually, as soon as Gabriel and the others take you away, I’m headed to spend the day with her and my mom,” he states surprising me.

“Any pets?” I ask.

“A golden retriever, Max,” he states.

“Oh, where is he?” I question, looking around. Dakota chuckles.

“I left him with my mom and sister. I needed someone there looking out for them,” he says.

“You ever had a pet?” he asks.

“My mother never allowed pets,” I state wistfully. I love animals, and had always dreamed of getting one, but after my mother had slapped me for asking, I had never bothered asking again.

“Have you thought about getting one after you were on your own?” Dakota questions.

“Maybe after I am settled into life. When I can afford to take care of one,” I say.

“Max is great, and I couldn’t have imagined my life without him,” Dakota states. “You should get a pet when you are able. They make great companions.”

“Are you ready to go, cupcake?” Lucian questions, making an appearance, his chocolate eyes dancing.

“Sang, Dakota, I just got off the phone with the other teams. We are having a meeting later on tonight,” Owen states, coming into the living room being trailed by Gabriel.

“You’re putting me on a time limit?” Gabriel questions, his face causing a giggle to escape. My face flames, when they all turn to look at me.

Clearing his throat, Owen begins speaking again. “Yes. You need to be back here by six,” Owen states.

“Ugh, fine. Hurry up! We are on a time sensitive mission!” Gabriel exclaims, already heading for the door.

“Cupcake?” Lucian questions, holding out his hand. I place my hand in his, and with help, stand.

“Good luck, Sang,” Dakota states with a smile.

“Gabriel can get-- bossy when it comes to clothes. Do not allow him to push you into something you do not wish to have,” Owen states, then turns his attention Dakota.

“Come on, Sugar. Let’s go have fun!” Lucian states, pulling me out of the room.

“Dakota, I expect you to return by six as well,” is the last thing I hear before Lucian shuts the door behind us.

Outside, we find Victor, Nathan, and a bouncing Gabriel standing by silver BMW.

“Oy! Let’s go!” Gabriel exclaims, turning to get in the SUV.

“You ready for this?” Lucian questions.

“I think so,” I reply, uncertain by everyone’s reactions.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.9K 1K 41
Sang Sorenson is 16 years old she lives in Sunnyvale, Charleston SC. She still has abusive mother and sister while her father is neglectful but only...
206K 12.1K 49
Original story, but a FanFiction of CL Stone's The Academy series. The character's are mine, but there will be pop ups of CL's characters every once...
High Stakes By SB

Fanfiction

193K 9.2K 29
Fanfiction of C.L.Stone's Academy series. Re-imagines Academy world with vampires and vampire hunters. Violence. Romance. Suspense. Oh my! Sang Soren...
62K 2.9K 16
Fanfiction of CLStone's Academy series. Sang attends one of Victor's parents' fancy galas. Things don't go to well with that crowd, so they head ove...