Crushes and Denial (Mavin)

By AmyWoolner

~Completed~ Gavin meets a guy at the library where he works and soon falls for him, but he doesn't want his b... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8

Chapter 9

207 7 2
By AmyWoolner

"GAVIN! GAVIN! GAVIN!" I wake up when I hear Olivia shouting and as I'm about to sit up I feel her jump onto my stomach.
"Whats wrong?" I ask, opening my eyes and looking her over to see if shes bleeding or bruised.
"Nothing. Can we go to the park?" She asks and I chuckle.
"God, Livvy I thought you were dying. Yeah I guess we can go to the park." I say and she grins.
"Go get dressed, tell Johnny to get ready, and I'll go make breakfast." I say before getting up and pulling on a pair of black shorts and a plain white baggy t-shirt with short sleeves that I've rolled up. I cook a full English breakfast and we all eat before Johnny grabs his football and we leave the house. We go to the local shop on the way to the park to grab a couple of bottles of water and then we're walking to the park, Olivia holding my hand and Johnny bouncing his ball whilst we walk.

We get to the park and Johnny throws his ball before running after it and kicking it to me.
"Can I go on the slide?" Olivia asks and I nod, we're close to the play park which is fenced off so I will be able to see her at all times, besides there are a lot of mums there and if someone tries to do anything they will stop them, for some reason we're quite well known around here, probably because of Geoff. I watch Olivia go to the slide, wave at a mum whose daughter is in Olivia's class, and kick the ball back to Johnny, starting a game of 1v1 football. After around 15 minutes a few kids in Johnny's year come over, as well as a guy around my age who I'm assuming is an older brother.
"Need a couple more players?" The older guy asks and I look at Johnny who shrugs, nodding.
"Sure, 3 on 3 footie?" I offer and the older guy nods.
"This is James, Mason and Lucas. I'm Sean, Lucas's older brother." He says and I nod as a hello as the three younger boys walk over to Johnny and start chatting.
"I'm Gavin, that's Johnny." I say and he nods.
"I think I've seen you here playing soccer before, aren't you usually with a little girl as well?" He asks and I nod.
"Yeah, we come here a lot, Olivia, my sister, is the girl I'm always with." I say and he nods.
"Where's Olivia now?" He asks and I point to her playing on the slide with a little girl from her class.
"Oh she's playing with my little sister Sophie." He says and I smile.

"Small world." I mutter.
"Gav! Let's play!" Johnny calls and I nod, taking off my t-shirt and throwing it on the floor to mark a goal. Johnny and Lucas take of their hoodies and Sean takes his shirt off too to complete the goal posts.
"Alright, me, Johnny and Lucas v Sean, Mason and James. Standard footie rules apply, no foul play. Let's go." I say before kicking the ball to Lucas who passes it to Johnny.

We continue playing football for a while and Sean and I start getting competitive, tackling each other and shoving each other gently, only messing about. Sean has the ball and he has a cocky smirk on his face so I tackle him and make him fall over and he sticks out his foot so I fall too, landing almost on top of him. I start laughing as Johnny holds out a hand and pulls me up. I pull Sean up and we chuckle again as I hear my name being called.
"Gav!" I hear and I turn around to see Meg, Lindsay and Michael.

"Hey!" I call as they walk over and Sean calls a time out.

"What's up? Hey Sean, long time no see." Meg says and I can't help but notice the way Michael is looking me up and down.
"Playing a bit of footie. How come you know everyone?" I ask and Meg shrugs.
"Working in a cafe means you meet a lot of people." She says and I shrug.

"Well this is Lucas, James and Mason. Guys this is Meg, Lindsay and Michael." I say, walking over to Michael and standing next to him.
"Hi by the way." I smile and he smiles, wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

MICHAELS POV

I only agreed to come to the park because Lindsay was begging me to come and get some fresh air because her studying is driving her mad, but after I see that guy all over Gavin I'm glad I did come. The second we walk into the park I see Gavin shirtless playing soccer with a bunch of kids and some guy.
"Is that Gavin?" Lindsay asks.
"Let's go say hey." I say and Meg smirks.
"What?" I ask and she rolls her eyes.
"You mean, let's go show Sean who is lying on the ground next to him that he has a boyfriend?" She says and I frown.

"How do you know his name?" I ask.
"He comes into the cafe sometimes, plus he's cute, I ain't forgetting him any time soon." She says and I glare at her.
"Oh come on Gavin probably doesn't perv on him like I do. Let's go allow you to claim ownership as if Gavin's a toy." Meg says and I blush as we walk over.
"Gav!" Lindsay calls to get his attention and the 6 of them stop laughing and turn to us. Gavin introduces us and I notice the guy, Sean, is watching Gavin's every move.

I can't help but stare at Gavin's body, he's so skinny his hip bones are very visible and you can see his ribs and his shorts are hanging low from the running around and I would love to just take him back to my apartment and remove those shorts completely.
"Hi by the way." Gavin says smiling as he walks over to me and I grin, wrapping my arm around him to show Sean he's taken.
"Haven't seen you around before, what brings you here?" Sean asks me and I look at him for a while.
"Moved here just over a month ago. Not been here before, I don't really have a reason to come to a park." I say and he nods, eyeing my arm around Gavin.
"So how did you two meet?" Meg asks Sean and Gavin.
"Oh Johnny and I were playing footie and they joined in." Gavin says and I stop glaring at Sean long enough to realise the kids have started a game of 2v2.

Lindsay, Meg and Sean continue talking and I kiss the side of Gavin's head.
"So you know he has a thing for you right?" I ask so the others can't hear and Gavin rolls his eyes.
"Micool, just because he was playing football with me doesn't mean he has a thing for me." Gavin says at the same volume as me.
"No, but staring at you like he's imagining you naked does." I say and Gavin looks up at me.
"You mean like how you were when you first came over here?" He asks smirking and I roll my eyes.
"I'm allowed to." I say and he chuckles.
"I should play football with Sean more often. You're hot when you're jealous." He says, kissing my jaw and I pull him closer to my side.
"I just think it's inappropriate for him to stare at you like that." I say and Gavin leans up and moves his mouth to my ear.
"Think of it like this, he can look at me like he wants to see me naked all he wants, but you're the only one who gets to look at me like that and do anything about it. Does that help?" He whispers in my ear and I shiver.
"You'll be the death of me." I whisper and he grins an devious grin.
"Or does it still make you jealous that he can see so much of me? That he's actually imagining your boyfriend sweaty and gasping and moaning underneath him? Does it annoy you that he can imagine that? That he and I were lying on the grass not 10 minutes ago and at any moment he could have reached over and touched me." Gavin mumbles into my ear and I know he's just trying to wind me up but I really don't care because yes he's right I don't like anyone else thinking about Gavin like that. I wrap my arm tighter around his shoulder and pull him into a proper passionate kiss. Gavin pulls away after a few seconds.
"You're so sexy when your jealous my boi." Gavin mumbles in my ear just as I hear Olivia call out.

GAVINS POV

"Gavvy!" Olivia calls and I turn to her and crouch slightly, letting her jump into my arms. I hold her on my hip while Michael and I join the conversation and after a while we decide to go and get lunch. I pick up my t-shirt and put it back on, Michael pouts at me and I roll my eyes, Johnny picks up his hoodie and ball and we say goodbye to Sean and the kids before Michael, Lindsay, Meg, Olivia, Johnny and I leave the park. We decide to go to a little restaurant for some food and when we get there we start up a casual conversation and Michael's hand finds its way to my thigh under the table and I can't help but feel so happy in this moment.

After lunch we decide to all go round to Michael's for a movie afternoon so we stop by a shop to get a load of snacks before making our way to his flat. We decide on a Harry Potter marathon and set up the snacks on the coffee table before getting comfy on Michael's sofas. Michael sits in the corner of his corner sofa and I sit next to him, snuggled into his side, Johnny and Olivia are lounging on the same sofa as us whilst Meg and Lindsay are on his 2 seater. We get through the first 2 films, a load of snacks and some pizzas before the kids fall asleep on the sofa. Lindsay and Meg, who is staying in Lindsays flat tonight, leave after the third film and Michael and I continue watching them, our arms wrapped around each other.

Around half way through the fourth film I stop watching the film and look up at Michael. He notices and looks down at me, smiling.
"You know, last night Johnny asked me about you." I say quietly as Johnny and Olivia are sleeping, and he smiles slightly.
"What did he say?"
"He wanted to know if we're serious. He said he likes you more than he likes Dan, he said he's gonna be the best man at our wedding and he said he wants you to move in with us." I say and Michael grins down at me.
"Really?" He asks and I nod.
"He asked if you were gonna move in and I said maybe not right now and he asked why not and I couldn't give him a valid reason." I say and Michael glances over at Johnny, who is sleeping with his head resting on the arm of the sofa, curled into a ball, Olivia sleeping next to him and using him as a pillow.
"I don't have a valid reason either." He says, smiling and I grin, leaning up to kiss him. I notice the film has ended and is now rolling the credits and look at the clock to see its almost 1am, but I'm not at all tired.
"Hey Gav? It's bedtime." Michael mumbles quietly and I smile at his childishness.

We get up quietly as to not wake up Johnny and Olivia and Michael grabs a blanket and throws it over them before we walk to Michael's room. I start to strip to my boxers, getting ready to climb into bed before an idea crosses my mind. I look at Michael and see him watching me, giving me the same look he was giving me at the park. I take off my shorts and shirt before walking over to Michael and wrapping my arms around his neck.
"You alright my boi? Last time you looked at me like that it was because you were jealous." I mumble in his ear and he wraps his arms around my waist.
"Yeah well I was remembering the way Sean was looking at you." He says and I grin.
"Yeah, but Micoo, He never got to see me like this." I whisper in his ear, kissing his jaw.
"He was imagining it though." Michael says, almost growling and I bite my lip to stop a grin. My plans working.
"You getting jealous again love? Thinking about someone other than you picturing me like this? In their bedroom with them." I say and I feel his grip tighten on my waist. He's trying to stay calm, he knows what I'm doing.
"Maybe I'm not wearing anything at all in his mind. And maybe we're not just talking. Does that make you jealous boi? Sean might be imagining me lying on his bed, our sweaty naked bodies pressed against each other. Maybe he's imagining this right now. Does it make you jealous Micoo? If he was using the thought of me to get himself off?" I mumble lowly in his ear and his grip gets tighter and tighter on my waist and the second I stop talking he's pressing his lips against mine roughly, our bodies pressed flush against each other. I grin into the kiss, and he pulls away slightly.
"You're so fucking hot when you're jealous." I mumble and he glares at me slightly, but the love shining in his eyes tells me he's joking.
"That's not fair." He pouts and I smile, kissing him again.
"Micoo, you don't have to worry about what he's thinking. He may be imagining that I was with him, but you don't have to imagine." I mumble and he grins suddenly.
"I love you." He says, and my god that was unexpected and amazing and can i make that my ringtone and my alarm just so I can hear it every day. I feel a grin spread across my face.
"I love you too." I reply and his smile spreads to match mine.

——
Alright I think I'm ending this here, hope you enjoyed the fic and if you did be sure to read my others 🖤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 140 9
So I was asked by the lovely Holly7532 to write a fic for an idea she had and I have done just that so I hope you all enjoy it and Holly I hope I hav...
106K 3.1K 54
[ REWRITTEN VERSION IS ON MY OTHER ACCOUNT, MORE INFO IN THE VERY FIRST CHAPTER ] You were an 11 / 12-year-old girl with (h/l), (h/c) hair. You ran a...
6.3K 186 13
Michael can't take his mind off of the British lad that Geoff's parents adopted. Some sensitive stuff near the end but there's a warning at the start...
6.6K 69 24
All her life she couldn't find a purpose for a long time. She found her purpose and now she willingly kills hundreds of innocents. After her death, s...