The Demon They Once Feared. {...

By Barry-The-Berry

When something is broken, can it ever be fixed to how it was before? BOOK 2 OF MY FIRST FANFIC! Also possible... More

Disclaimer & Copyright.
|1| The Half Moon.
|2| Full Names.
|3|Nightmares Are Just Memories?
|4|Ramen!
|5| Alias?
|6|Weakness.
|7|Ice Pops!
|8|First Mission.
|10| Talking.
|11|Bye bye~
|12| Happy Rain.
|13| Long Time No See.
|14|Here We Go Again.
|15|Reasons. (CrossOver!)
|16| Late.
|17|Surprise!
|18| The Least I can Do.
|19|Those Eyes.
|20|"Leave My Name Engraved into History!"
|21| It Never Comes From Your Enemies.
|22| Loran.
Aurhors note
|23| Broken Dam
|24| Resolution
|25|Falling Into Place.
|26|Troublesome

|9| Red.

821 33 4
By Barry-The-Berry

H-how...?

Mina's eyes were wide open, never blinking as everything started to process in her brain. The warm liquid quickly started to become cold the longer it was out, and once the cold air started to cool down the slightly thick liquid, it started to harden and dry. A crimson substance dripped down onto the wet ground, not allowing to harden on her arm. Yet, some still stuck on her arm.

Her hand trembled, still in the position it was in before. Raising her left hand, she grabbed her right arm and brought it down in front of her. Still trembling. She dragged her left foot forward so she was standing straight and out of the offence position. She finally managed to blink slowly. And when she finally processed what happened, she only stood there silently.

She turned her head to look behind her. Red. A lot of red.

And if it was possible, her eyes widened even more. Two brown-haired females stared in shock at Mina's dirtied figure. The younger one looked down immediately once she had realised what had happened, but the older female stood there with an emotion that was unreadable. Blank.

They locked eyes.

Mina took a step back, almost tripping on something squishy behind her. Horrified at the look her sensei was giving her. One emotion was clear in her dark brown eyes. Disappointment. The adult blinked and shook her head before sighing.

"We better get going to report to Lady Hokage." Her voice was crisp and sliced through the tension-filled-air like it was a sharpened knife cutting through melted butter.

But Mina shook her head and took another step back. "Do you really think I can go back with what I've done?" She questioned although it sounded more of a statement.

Akihiko sighed again and watched as the strange hair coloured girl ran away from the scene. The two brunettes stood there in silence for a moment before the sensei broke it. "Come on, we better get back to camp. When Mina has cooled down we'll make our way back to the village."

Chiyumi merely nodded her head and followed her sensei to the body that was in the middle of it all. They both picked the lump of muscle up and silently walked back to the camp they had set up.

*-*

It was awkward, to say the least. She stood there glancing anywhere but the only double bed in the room. With only two rooms free in the small village inn, Akihiko accepted the offer and without a second thought, the twenty-year-old pushed the dark-haired male and the odd hair coloured female into one of the room. The Uzumaki had absolutely no problem sleeping in the same room as the handsome male. Well, that was before she realised there was only one bed in the room.

'You little sh***y brunettes.'

With a groan at the awkward atmosphere, she gave up on making it less awkward and just got into the large bed without any shame. Tugging the fluffy blanket over her shoulders, her violet eyes locked onto the male that still stood there in a strange stance.

"Just get in the bed, stop making it wired with those thoughts you males have." Came her blunt comment. She stared blankly as he almost robotically walked to the other side of the bed. "Seriously, stop making it wired, we're only sleeping together." She sighed getting comfortable laying on her side, facing the outward side of the bed. Mina gazed curiously at the redness of the older males face. And that when she realised what she had said. "That came out wrong," She muttered just loud enough for him to hear.

With those words processed in his brain, he quickly got on the other side of the bed and made himself comfortable. He didn't notice the small smirk on Mina's lips.

"Or maybe it didn't."

Mina had no idea what she had done to his brain.

---

"That's what it seems like," Akihiko, explained sipping on her tea. The team were at a cafe in the small village, talking over what information they had gathered over the half-day they had split off into to gather information.

"I never thought that the whole village would be part of the plan, Ya know!" Mina spoke quite loudly, forgetting the fact that they were supposed to be undercover, gaining 'shhh's from the other teammates. Mina only laughed, rubbing the back of her neck.

"Does that mean we have to eliminate the whole village?" Hideki asked, seriously. Hearing this, Mina stopped zoning out to her own world and actually listened to the conversation.

"I have already informed Lady Hokage on this matter, we still need to receive a command. If it's a green light, then Hideki, Mina and I will take them out." She informed, actually acting like jounin.

"What about me?" Chiyumi asked, all too innocent.

"Just knock them out, I don't want you taking someone's life when you're under my command." The brown haired teen nodded, munching on a cookie and agreeing to her sensei's wishes.

---

The village was frighteningly silent. Two pairs of footsteps, walking at a reasonable pace, into the forest that surrounded the village was audible. "We should be getting close to where they ran off to." The dark haired male spoke, not bothering to keep quiet.

"If there are more than one, we're splitting up to fight them," She grinned in response, not really giving him a choice. "The leaders?" Mina simply asked sealing away the bloodied black blade. She had used it to assassinate the others and wanted to go with a change. Once the golden glow disappeared, she fixed the white glove on her left hand making sure it was comfortable on her slender fingers.

"Should be," He responded, "Be careful, they'll most likely be stronger than the rest." He warned, and watched with a small scowl as Mina only grinned and started skipping ahead of him, with her hands interlocked behind her back. "I'm being serious, they could be on par with the Akatsuki."

"Well," Mina spoke in a tone of voice that sent shivers down his spine, "If they're on par with the Akatsuki," She said turning around to face the red-pink eyed male, an extremely large smile spread across her whiskered face. Tilting her head to the side, she continued, "It should be a fun fight, ya know."

Hideki stood staring at Mina's for a while, taking in every detail of her face. It was beautiful, he knew and would have mentioned it, if it wasn't for him freezing on the spot when his eyes locked with Mina's violet ones. And that's when he realised the crazed look on her face, the haunted smile on her face and the look in her eyes was enough for him to make sure he was on her good side from now on.

She suddenly spun on her heels and continued on the way, a small chuckle escaping her mouth. Hideki's eyes widened a fraction when he saw that the blonde and red-haired female was gone from his site, replaced by another person. "Damn," He muttered getting ready to fight one of the men there.

Mina stood in a casual stance, looking with slight interest in the tall lean man. He didn't look all that strong, but the intimidating aura he was giving off said something else. Long white hair, reaching past his knees, flowing in the soft breeze like a majestic waterfall, and deep green gleaming eyes.

Mina let out a low whistle about to say something, but the man vanished from her eyesight. Violet eyes widened a slight fraction but lifted her arm to block a powerful punch to the face. "You're fast." She mumbled a compliment, the man only stared blankly at the short girl, clearly hearing what she had said due to how close they were.

He stayed silent, swinging his leg upwards like his movements came naturally. Mina simply ducked down while sweeping her foot, trying to make the man go down. He jumped back avoiding it and stood a couple of meters away from her.

"Quiet, I like." She spoke with a grin, winking her eye and wiggling her eyebrows under the forehead protector. "I take it you're the leader?" She asked getting a serious look in her eye.

"Yes," Was the white-haired man's response, speaking for the first time in front of Mina. His voice was deep, laced with dominance, and was the type that was able to get any woman he wanted with only saying a couple of words. That and his somewhat godly looks... Mina gave another long and low whistle.

"Will you be willing to answer a couple more questions? The questions I'm sure you know I'm going to ask, Ya know." The Uzumaki asked, staring at his flawless face. Thoughts running wild, thanks to someone who taught her at a young age. She unsealed a small notebook and a pen, ready to write down information, knowing she would forget.

"Kirigaya Tomoe, 41, 180cm tall, blood type A. Leader of Oni*, is there anything else?" He said rapidly watching in slight amusement as the girl scribbled down the things he was saying. Mina paused her writing and glanced up at the male.

"Oni?" She muttered in question, tapping the pen on her chin. "Sounds cool. What are the objectives of Oni?" But then the thought dawned on her. "HOW ARE YOU 40?! YOU LOOK 20, YA KNOW!?" Her question was not answered as the man ignored the whole shout.

He stayed silent for a moment, before speaking in his knee-weakening voice. "To crush the shinobi way. By defeating the hierarchy of every nation, no one will have to feel the pain of losing someone when they were on a mission. They won't have to witness the horrors of war. People will be able to live in peace without having to worry about being attacked for someones selfish thoughts."

Mina blinked her violet eyes slowly, taking in the information. She closed the small book and sealed the items away. "I'm sorry. Before you explained all of that, we would have made a great couple, Ya know," She said playfully, a grin spreading across her face. The man cringed back and watched as she stretched her arms above her head. "Crushing the shinobi way is practically impossible. There are thousands of shinobi across the five great nations, are you planning on killing everyone and start from scratch so that absolutely no one knows how to control chakra apart from you? You say you'll stop people creating wars for their selfish benefit, but you don't realise that you are being selfish yourself, Ya know. What will happen if someone rebels, when there is peace, and war breaks out? No one will know how to defend their home, you won't be able to do it since you're only human, ya know. When you die, what will happen? What will happen to the rules you created? What if someone learns how to control chakra without your consent?" She spoke slowly, trying to get the point across.

"Are you going to become the 'god' of this earth? Well, let me tell you this." The sparkle in her eyes disappeared, they became dull as a shadow was cast over her eyes. Glaring at the man, she continued with her speech. "You'll be called the god of hell, because this place where humans live in, is no place where peace can truly be obtained. You dream too big."

If the man had blinked he would have missed when Mina's right eye fade black, daring to move onto the left eye, but never managed to take over the left. She continued to speak. "You will never obtain peace if you have to resort to violence."

His green eyes closed as he blinked, trying to decipher if what he was seeing was real, but when he opened them, he knew what was happening was real. Mina's hip-length hair swayed vigorously. Though there was no wind. The red in her hair crawled upwards, like serpents slithering upwards consuming all the blonde there was.

His beautiful green eyes widened a fraction, as he quickly jerked his head sideways. Slimly missing the powerful punch Mina had thrown. "I see," He spoke quietly, grabbing Mina's outstretched arm, he quickly infused chakra into his palm and slammed it into her stomach. The whiskered girls face twisted in pain, opening her mouth wide she reluctantly let all the air in her lungs out. When the man was about to attack again, Mina was out of his grasp and back to where she was standing before.

"You're the Bloody Flash. When you blocked my punch, you managed to mark me with that seal, something the Yellow Flash was only able to do with the palm of his hand, but it seems like you can do it from any part of your body." He chuckled quietly, "Though, it lasts only five minutes. What a pleasure it will be defeating someone who was marked as an S class."

"I was only classed that high because of a number of weak people I managed to kill in, well, a flash." Mina grinned dodging a kick to the stomach. "I'll be able to test my true strength with you." The friendly grin quickly turned into something not so friendly. "Tell you what, I won't use my katana!"

*-*

/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/

Oni are a kind of yōkai from Japanese folklore, variously translated as demons, devils, ogres, or trolls. They are popular characters in Japanese art, literature, and theatre. (I literally copied and pasted the definition from google :P)

XD

Thanks for reading!

unedited, 27/11/17

Barry-The-Berry

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 3.2K 40
(Previously known as The Uzumaki-Namikaze Twins. I changed the name and cover because it didn't fit with my story well! But this is better!) What if...
71.4K 2.1K 20
Did I ever tell you that my life was normal? If I did, then I'm 100% sure that I was wrong. Being the only girl in the family was not an easy task. N...
439 28 5
It's like naruto, but instead it's Sakuras story. Where she grows up and finds out what kind of world she lives in, her character grows up to be bett...
4K 100 17
Mayumi wants to fix her past. But that's impossible right? All she wants is to be with her friends but they are all moving on. What will she do? Disc...