The Quarterback (1D Fanfic)

By TheBookNerd96

More

The Quarterback
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7

Chapter 1

85 5 4
By TheBookNerd96

Okay, this is my second attempt at a 1D fanfic! But I promise this one will go better then the last! I am so excited to get this one going so here we go (:

_____________________________________________________________________________

"Lyssa!" one of my friends yell from across the cafe, but I just shake my head and keep rummaging through my locker.

Where is that essay?! Damn I worked hours on this one! I printed out in the library before school started... where could I have left it?!

"Lyssa!" My friend that I realize is Toby says from right beside me.

"Sorry Toby! I'm just looking for my History essay. It took me four hours and now I've lost it!" I say with a defeated sigh.

"You mean this?" He says holding up my six page History essay on World War II and a huge smile spreads across my face.

"Oh my gosh! Thank you Toby!" I say jumping up to give him a hug. I wrap my arms around his neck as his strong ones wrap around my waist and spin me around. Once he puts me down I grab my essay from him and hug it to my chest.

"Thank you Toby, you're the best!" I say grabbing the rest of my history stuff and closing my locker. I sling my bag over my shoulder and push my glasses up a bit.

"Come on let's get to class my little geek." I push his shoulder playfully and laugh at his nickname for me. All my friends -and by all I mean 3. Toby, Anna, and Everly- call me their geek but I don't mind because it's their nickname for me and it's said in fun. Everyone else in this school call me a nerd. I hate it only because I know they're making fun of me for it. Toby wraps his arm around my shoulders and starts leading me towards the classroom.

"So are you coming to my game tonight?" He asks. He's the cornerback on the schools football team, so me Anna and Ever always go to his games.

"Don't I always?" I ask smiling.

"That's good I'll need my good luck charm," He says pulling me into his side.

"Why? What's different about tonights game?" I ask looking up at him curiously.

"A collage scout is coming." he shrugs acting like it's no big deal.

"Oh my god! That's amazing Toby! But wait... We're not graduating for another four years?"

"I know but it's good to get on their radar early."

"Oh that makes sense."

"Okay so, I have two questions for you," he states pausing to look at me and I nod urging him to go on. "Okay one, Ever, I and maybe Anna -if we can convince her- are going to the bonfire after party. Do you want to come with us?" He asks and I instantly scrunch up my nose in distaste.

"No thanks I'll just go home and do homework or work on my routine." I say and he smiles understandingly, he knows parties aren't really my thing.

"That brings me to my second question. When is your dance recital and do how much are tickets for this one?"

"My recital is in just over a month and the tickets are $15." He nods his head and takes out $60.

"Three are for Ever, Anna and me the other is for my mom. She can't wait to see you dance again." He says handing me the $60. See Toby and I have been best friends since Pre K. His mom has always treated me like part of the family and she comes to all of my recitals.

"Okay I'll take this to my next practice and get you your tickets." I say leaning into him.

"You're the best Lyssa."

"I know!" I say making both of us laugh as we walk into history and over to our table.

The rest of the day goes by pretty fast. None of the teachers give us homework because of the football game tonight and we get out of school an hour early. During lunch Toby and Ever wouldn't stop bugging me and Anna about coming for the party. Neither of us are huge partiers but Anna finally agreed and to get them to stop asking me I told them I'd think about it. They knew that it was the best they were going to get out of me so they didn't push it anymore.

Everly and Anna come over to my house after school to start getting ready. The two of them insisted on picking my outfit and doing my hair and make-up. I try to tell them that I don't wear make-up but they tell me they will keep it simple. As soon as we get to my house they grab my straightener then push me into the washroom telling me to have a shower.

Anna straightens my hair while Ever does my make-up. They won't let me look in the mirror until I'm fully ready.Which is frusterating me to no end!

"Close your eyes Lyssa!" Ever says I sigh but close my eyes anyways. They position me in front of the full length mirror that's hanging up on the back side of my door.

"Okay open your eyes Alyssa," Anna says in her melodically soft voice. I slowly let my eyes flutter open and a small gasp leaves my lips as I take in the person looking back at me in the mirror.

I'm in a white lace dress that tightens at my ribs with a black silk ribbon then it flares out a bit flowing down to my knees with black ballet flats. My naturally curly dark brown hair is straightened with a slight curl at the end, with two small braids starting above my temples then going around to meet at the back, and joining together with a white flower clip. No foundation or blush was used, just mascara to show off my long lashes even tho they are still going to be hidden behind my glasses. I have contacts but I don't enjoy using them so I only do for dance. There's a light shimmer on my lids and a soft pick colour to my lips.

"I love it guys!" I say, it's true that I don't dress up a lot or well... ever really, except for my dance recitals.

"Awesome!" They cheer and I give both of them a hug.

"Okay let's get going so we don't miss the game." Everly says practically pushing Anna and I out of my bedroom.

"Mom! We're leaving!" I call as the three of us run down the stairs.

"Okay sweetheart" My mom says coming into the front hall. "Oh you look beautiful Alyssa and you too girls." We're all wearing matching dresses, but in different colours. -mine is white and black, Anna's is blue and green, and Ever's is red and purple.- We all bought them together last month when Leah's Dress Shop was having a huge sale.

"Thanks Ms. Williams!" They say happily. I quickly give my mom a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"Bye mom. I'll call you after the game and tell you if I'm going to the party."

"Alright sweetie. Just remember if you decide to go be careful."

"I will mom, love you!"

"Love you too." She says before the door slams shut.

*****

"Come on Toby!" The three of us shout.

It's the last down in the fourth quarter with 10 seconds left on the clock and we have the ball. The quarterback throws the ball and Toby and starts running to catch it in the end zone. The horn goes in the ball is still flying to the air. It's perfectly aimed for the end zone but not for Toby. I feel everyone hold their breath as he runs for the ball but soon it clicks in my mind that he won't make it in time. He must have the same thought because he pushes into a full on sprint, then leaps into the air with his hands out stretched for the ball. But as he hits the ground there's a dog power on top of him and no one sees if he's caught the ball or not.

"Toby!" Ever, Anna and I shriek moving from our seats and running down the steps of our outdoor bleachers to the fence at the bottom. We watch as our team pulls the other team off Toby. There are two players left on top of him when every buddy sees it. In his hands that are just over the line is the football. The crowd erupts cheers except for us.

Yeah, we won the game but the three of us care about Toby more than that.

When the last guy pulled off of him he jumps to his feet, like he wasn't just covered in football players. He slams the football down and the whole team does a touchdown dance making the whole crowd laugh. I let out a breath that I didn't know I had been holding.

Ever, Anna and I wait on the bleachers for about 20-30 minutes. Until Toby comes out of the locker room freshly showered and dressed in dark wash jeans and a dark red long sleeve shirt.

"So Lyssa are you coming to the bonfire?" Toby asks looking to me.

"Of course she is. Aren't you Alyssa?" I feel an arm wrapped around my shoulders and I look up to see the quarterback. I feel my cheeks go dark red as I answer.

"Um... Yeah I guess I can go." A smile lights up his faces but his eyes darken.

"Cool, let's go."

_____________________________________________________________________________

So what do you think? I know not a lot happened but the first 2 or 3 chapters are the back story pretty much the fun part... well for me, because there will be a lot of cliffhangers for you. But that's besides the point. Please leave a comment to tell me what you think! (:

Now to find out more about my readers I'll have a question of the chapter at the end of each to get your opinion. I won't always be about the chapter but sometimes it will be. And for you to get to know me a little better I'll have a book/series of the chapter for both print and Wattpad books.

Question of the Chapter:

Which 1D boy do you think the quarterback is? Who do you or do you not want it to be?

Print book/ series of the chapter:

Divergent! A great book and the movie was amazing. Almost all of the book was in the movie and I would have to be very nitpickey to find anything wrong with it. The only thing I wish they did was the showdown with Tris and Tobias' dad on the roof of the Dauntless fraction building.

Wattpad book/ series of the chapter:

Work for Me which is followed by it's sequal Wait for Me! It's by @Ilovesweets. This book will have you falling head over heals for Lou and Zach <3 I know I did! But trust me you'll hate Zach at times and someother characters you'll want to kill yourself.

Vote!

Share!

Comment!

Follow!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 5.7K 54
(y/n) (l/n) a girl who was born in the modern world who somewhat ends up in the taisho era of demon slayer. Her sassiness and eccentric attitude capt...
246K 6.1K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ΰͺœβ€βž΄ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 π‹πˆπŠπ„ .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
2.7M 64.6K 131
[BOOK ONE IN THE LIFELINE SERIES] life·line ˈlīfˌlīn/ noun "A person you can always depend on to help you in a really messed up situation where you n...
875K 40.6K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...