The Power Within

By All_of_My_H8

A young Saiyan from one universe travels to another universe to find her son. Hoping he'd be the strongest on... More

An Arranged Marriage
Honeymoon Suprise
Honeymoon Suprise pt. 2
Loving you
Son of a Saiyan
Enter Ice
The Alliance
Fitting in
I'm Sorry
Doppelgänger
Liar
My Dearest Layla
3 and a Half Kryptonians
New Beginnings
Kryptonite
Offspring
I Love You
Mariposa
Somethings Coming
Lessons
I Messed Up
Should I or Shouldn't I
Trance
What a Long Day
The Gang is All Here
Promise
A New Foe?
War
War pt. 2
War pt. 3
The Super Saiyan
Goodbye
Hope
The Son
Fucked Up
Oozaru
Reunion
The Fortress
Celebration/Victory Party
5 Years Later
A/N

Doppelgänger Pt. 2

340 17 1
By All_of_My_H8

Lena was completely confused. She didn't know weather to be angry at the fact that her new employee walked out or if she should be upset that this woman cried at the site of her. She knew people hated her because of her last name but damn, she's never seen someone cry like that. It disturbed her.

She couldn't focus on her tasks before the grand opening, another children's hospital. Her cell rang and she smiled from ear to ear when her girlfriends name popped up.

"Hey babe."

"Hi my love. How is Zenara doing on her first day? Is she nice to you?"

"You sound like a mom Kara."

"Well I want to know how my girlfriends new body guard is treating her."

"Yeah about that. She took one look at me, started crying and left." Lena started rubbing away the small headache she was getting.

"That's weird. I'll have Supergirl talk to her to see what's up."

"Well, I do want her to come back. I want to know why she was crying." She looked at her watch. "Oh shit I'm gonna be late. Will I see you and Supergirl there?"

There was a silence over the phone, "Supergirl is actually oh her way to the west coast. Supposedly there are reports of kryptonite somewhere off the coast of California. So that's where she's gonna be and Cat sent me to report the findings."

"Aw that's to bad. Well I hope things go well for you two. I got to go. I love you."

"I love you too. I'll see you in a few days." Kara said looking down at her hand. There sat a little black box with a diamond ring inside. I have to tell her.

With that Kara went on her way as did Lena. Lena was super excited about the grand opening. Children hospitals are something so loves to build. She loves children although some of them still fear her last name.

                                           ***

Zenara's PoV

How? How is it that Lena looks exactly like Layla. My heart cringed at the thought of seeing her again. This is gonna be hard, working with a constant reminder of what I've lost. I wiped away my tears as I scened Lena's energy on the move. I couldn't save Layla, but I'll be damned if I let anything happen to Lena.

I took off in air, following the limo she was in. About 20 minutes of slow flying, Lena's limo stopped and she got out. I landed on the roof of a nearby building, I can see a lot from this high. I take a deep breath and energy scan the area, no alien energy. Human energy is different, just because they have low power levels doesn't mean they're not a threat. I don't know what their intentions are, so I have to be extra careful.

After a while her grand opening was underway. There were a lot of people, the thing the earthlings called media was here too. A lot of cameras and pictures being taken.

Hey there's James.

Well everything is going well until she was about to cut the ribbon. That's when I felt alien energy and an explosion, Lena's car exploded. Everyone was running for there lives. It was chaos, people running in all directions. Lena ducked behind the podium and she pulled out her gun. A weird looking gun.

I looked for the alien but I saw nothing. I can feel them there but I can't see anything. Flame came out of nowhere, this alien has to be invisible. The trees where in golfed in flames, luckily the earthlings aren't on fire. Not that I truly care. The only one I care about is Lena, who is now with, hey it's Maggie.

That's when I felt another alien and another, 4 in total. They're not that strong, there power level was only in the five thousands but no human can take them on.

"Lena Luther!" We all hard. I know it was coming from the aliens but all the earthlings couldn't figure out where the voice was coming from. "Your brother took everything from me. He managed to destroy my family. So I'm gonna destroy his."

"So you think, killing me will help? Will it make you feel better? Look whatever my brother did, he's paying for it. He's paying for what he did." Lena said coming out from behind the podium.

"Prison isn't good enough. Get her Kamiya!"
The alien energy was headed towards Lena.

Now is my time to butt in, I disappeared and reappeared in front of my wife's doppelgänger.

"If you want her you have to go through me." I said with one of my game faces on.

"You can't see us, so this will be easy."

"No, I can't see you but I can sense you." I said looking around as if I didn't know where they were.

"That's bullshit!" He laughed. "Kamiya now!"

I felt this, Kamiya to my right and before she could get another step closer I blasted her with my Ki Blast. She flew back and hit the wall. That also reveled her true form. Only the Gods know what she is, she looked like a yellow elf...maybe. She was a tall, thin, yellow reptilian elf humanoid looking thing. I do like the long pointy ears though.

"What the?!" He said.

Maybe I used a little too much oomph in my blast, her life energy is gone.

"No! Kamiya. You two get the SAIYAN!"

What!? He knows what I am?

Two energies came my way and punches were thrown, they're decent fighters but they're slow so dodging them was easy. But they also when down.

"How!!" He yelled, coming out of his invisibility.

"How are you able to see us? Who are you?"

"You already know. I'm a Saiyan."

"I've herd of Saiyans. I only recognized your race by your tail. We don't have Saiyans in this universe, so how are you here?"

"That is non of your concern. Now lets deal with the fact that your trying to kill Lena." I said crossing my arms.

"That is non of your concern."

"Actually it is." I looked over to Lena, she was in awe. "Here take this. This will tell you if any high power levels are near by." I said taking off my wrist scouter and handing it to her. "Maggie, please keep her safe."

She nods and took Lena by the arm.

"I won't sit around and do nothing, I won't let her die. Not again." I boosted my energy just a bit and flew my way over to him. He didn't see me coming. I was behind him and I wrapped an arm around his throats, squeezing it till he wasn't able to breath. I released him once I couldn't feel his Chi anymore, snapping his neck just the be sure he was truly gone.

I looked around at all the damage, it's not bad. Just the charcoaled trees and the miner building damage from when Kamiya hit the wall.

The people that were hiding all popped their heads out as soon as it went silent. They were scared, they weren't sure if I was the attacker or 'the hero'. That is till James smashed into me. "Are you ok? That was insane, how did you know where they were?"

"Chi." I said.

He smiled and threw his arms around me once more. He's a protective friend, he put his Guardian days behind him now that he's married and about to have a little guardian jr. of his own. I know he misses the action and I hope one day he'll return to it, with his Jr.

The hooting and hollering of the people broke us apart. People pulled their phones out and snapped pictures, James did the same but I only smiled for him.

I noticed the black vans from the D.E.O. They controlled the scene and retrieved the bodies. The news reports all crowded around me, asking me questions and what not.

Who are you?

What is your name?

What are you?

I didn't say a word, I just looked at them and all the mic's in my face. It's time to go, I've been away from my earthling long enough. My energy boosted just a tad causing a gust of wind, which caused the reporters to fall back. I waved bye to James and flew my way to Lena.

———

[Breaking News, an alien attack broke out in the middle of the Luther Children's Hospital event this afternoon. Sources say the attackers targeted Lena for something Lex did. The question is what did Lex do? We'll go to Olivia with more of the details. Olivia.

Thanks Sandra I'm here at what is the after math of the events that happened just an hour ago. 4 aliens tried to attack Lena Luther in the middle of the hospitals grand opening. No one knows what Lex did to provoke this. What we do know is that Lena Luther was the victim in this case.

One of the witnesses say that the fires came out of nowhere and the aliens were invisible to the naked eye. The hero everyone expected was nowhere to be found. A new hero emerged saving the day, a boy took this photo of the hero.

(Photo of the saiyan).

Now no one knows who she is, what she is or why she saved a Luther? And the biggest question, where was Supergirl?]

Lena muted the tv and sat at her desk. Things have been going fine with her and the aliens, she hasn't done anything to provoke them. Her mother has been M.I.A for years now. Lex's biggest concern was Super Man so maybe this aliens family was a test subject of some sort. But why now? Why now, after all these years? Her train of thought was derailed by a small beeping at her desk. She picked up the scouter, a power level of 20,000 was headed right for her. She pulled out her gun and waited at her desk. When she saw the new girl land on her balcony she put said gun away.

Lena's eyes met chocolate one and she saw the pain in the girls eyes. "You came back." Lena said taking a step forward.

Zenara's PoV

"I never left." I said, choking back the emotion in my voice. Every second I look at her, a piece of my heart gets torn away.

She took another step towards me and I took a step back while looking away from her. I did so in a way a dog would look away from it's human when it's being scolded. I think she noticed, her demeanor changed a bit.

"Why can't you look at me?" She asked, her voice soft. "Did my family do something to you?"

I couldn't answer or look at her. I just stood still.

"Look I'm sorry for what they did. I would take it back if I could."

I stayed frozen, until...

"Ok look if your gonna kill me, can it wait? I really don't want to die without asking my girlfriend a very important question."

"Kill you?! Why would I kill you?" I looked her in the eye and again parts of my heart were being yanked.

"I don't know. Because my family did something to you somehow." She said looking down then back up at me. "Everything somehow always finds its way back to me now that mom is missing."

"Ok first, if your family did do something to me I would take it up with them, not you. I don't hate you, I don't want to kill you. I judge people by who they are not where they come from. So being a Luther, it's just a last name to me."

She sighed a sigh of relief and with a smile she said, "oh good. Because I'm not like them. Im glad your not like the rest. Judging me by my last name. It gets old." She paused. "But then, why is it you can't look at me without pain in your eyes. I mean you cried and ran when you first saw me. Why?"

I took a deep breath, "because you look like the girl of my dreams." I said teary eyed.

She blushed. "Is that supposed to be some cheesy pickup line." A giggle escaped her lips and she sat back down on her comfy looking rolly chair. Her smile faded once she noticed a tear roll off my face.

"No. It's not." I took my scouter back and pulled up a picture. The hologram display a picture of my beautiful Layla and I on Kai's planet. She was hugging me from behind, "I was so happy that day, that was the day she asked me to marry her."

"Oh. My. God. How is this...that's me." Her eyes were wide and her jaw dropped to the floor." At least someone who looks just like me." She grabbed my scouter to get a better look.

"That was about a month before she died. This was why I ran out earlier. This is why I can't look at you without tears running down my face." I said as I wiped them away.

"How is this possible?"

"I don't know. All I know is that you look exactly like her. I mean right down to that cute freckle on your neck. I loved kissing that spot." The last part I whispered but apparently not low enough because Lena blushed and with a tiny smile she looked away. "I'm sorry. I did mean to make you uncomfortable. I thought I said that lower."

"It's ok." She said a little awkwardly.

I don't know where to go from here. Should I stay or should I go. As I turned to leave Lena's voice stopped me.

"Can you tell me about her?" She asked.

I don't know if I could tell the story again, at least not to her doppelgänger.

"I mean you don't have to."

"Maybe some other time. When it doesn't hurt so much." I said playing with my fingers.

"Are you sure? Like I said you don't have to tell me." She paused, "its quittin' time. I'm gonna head home. Look if it's to much for you, you don't have to come back. I'll understand."

"Thank you." I said with a small smile.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 66 6
What if during her fight with Reign, Kara gets thrown into another universe? What happens when Supergirl meets someone from her past? Ab this AU- -G...
46.7K 672 20
She is older then most of the rest of her race. She comes from the time of the first Super Saiyan God, Yamoshi. He taught her how to go Super Saiyan...
2.1K 64 7
The greatest sacrifice known to man, led to an adventures new life to another. 5 years have passed since the attack of the Light and the disappearanc...
394K 7.9K 61
Lena Luthor wasn't the most fortunate woman in National City. Neither was Supergirl. After a lot of awkward glances, denial, and jealousy, Kara and L...