Species: A Supernatural Fanfi...

By Cassasstiel

The story of a nephilim, who sacrificed everything, her power, her happiness, her life, for her family. More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10

Chapter 6

15 3 0
By Cassasstiel

IM SO SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG

Dean's POV

I sighed and walked into my room, I don't know what's gotten into her lately, but I don't like it. I heard muttering from the room adjacent to mine, Jade's, the soft muttering eventually became loud talking. I couldn't make out what she was saying, but the way she was talking, made her sound like she was in danger. Scared even. I jumped up off of the hotel chair I was sitting on, and ran out of my room to the next door down, Jade's, and began banging on the door. Her loud words eventually became screams, which got louder and louder as I stood there, banging on her door, eventually getting enough of the door and kicking it down to reveal something that was very hard to believe that both scared me and put a pit in my stomach. There Jade was, asleep on her hotel bed, tossing and turning while crying out, having a full blown nightmare. I had seen this before though, so I wasn't really out of my state of mind, because Sammy went through the exact same thing when we were younger and dad was out hunting, leaving Sammy and I in our own in a crappy motel room. This wasn't the time to stand here- spaced out and basically ignoring the woman who was in the midst of what I can only assume to be one horrifying nightmare- and have the memories of the hard and sad times flood through my mind. Jade looked to be getting worse as the whole 3 minutes I have been standing here, in her hotel room day-dreaming about old times. Jade's screaming snapped me out of the sort of trance I was in and I rushed over to her bedside gripping her shoulders, holding her down to the bed. She struggled against my grip and I started yelling at her , "Jade, come on wake up! It's gonna be okay, just wake up and you'll be fine." Jade continued to struggle against me until she finally woke up, her eyes opened, locking with mine just as something flashed through her eyes, something I'd hoped I'd never see when I was there. It was fear, no, absolute terror was a better way to describe it, what I saw was so different from the happy, lightheartedness that was always brightened up my day when I saw it.

"Jade are-" The familiar sound of wingbeats cut me off and she was gone. I sighed, "Dammit Jade," I said looking at the now empty bed. "If you would tell me what's wrong, I could help you." I murmured as I stared at the empty space on the bed where she was mere seconds ago. I shook my head and left the now empty room to head back to my dingy room to lie down and rest my eyes to relieve my now growing headache.

I was woken up by a knock at my door, it continued for a few seconds then stopped, and resumed only a few moments after that. "Oh come on," I muttered and got up from my bed, rubbing my tired eyes as I did so. The knocking continued and I was just about on my last nerve when it suddenly stopped. I cracked open the door, "What?" I croaked out, my voice was raw, it probably got like that when I was trying to wake Jade up. A chill ran up my spine as I remembered how terrifying her screams were. "Dean?" a person behind the slightly cracked door said, "Dean, are you there?" they continued until I snapped out of the trance I was in, looking at the door. There stood Jade, in the same clothes she wore when she had that nightmare, at my door, wanting to talk to me. "Yes, I'm here Jade. Sorry, I just was thinking about something and got a little carried away. Do you need anything, would you like to come in?" I rambled on sounding just as awkward as the Doctor when he is around lady Tardis. Jade stood there, slightly laughing, as she let herself in, going to sit on the chair near the desk in my hotel room. "Dean, we need to talk," she started a little and stammered. "Jade, I-" I started, not wanting her to continue, getting cut off by Jade. "No Dean, I need to tell you this. We need to have this conversation. My gut instinct says that we need to have this conversation, and you of all people know that I am not the one to go against my gut instinct." She told me, continuing where she left off, only this time a bit more nervous and on the verge of tears. "Dean I....I-" She manages to get that out before a loud ring erupts through the room from my cell phone. It was the local police department. The police on the other end of the line started talking quickly as soon as I answered the call, leaving Jade still sitting on chair, "We're on our way now." Grabbing my brown leather jacket and pulling on my boots, I told Jade to hold her thoughts and come with me. "Dean, what's going on?" She asked me, trying to figure out what we were doing and where we were going. Explaining to her that there was another supernatural death near the diner, we got in Baby and drove to the crime scene in silence. The drive wasn't really that far from where we were staying, only about 15 minutes, so we got there in no time. Jumping out of the car, after parking and turning the engine off, Jade and I made our way over to where the police officers were. The one I talked to on the phone noticed us walking towards them, and called me out. "Detective Halen, Agent Blake." He said once we got to where he was standing. "What do you got for us officer?" I asked wanting to get straight to the point. "Well detective, it seems like the victim was rolling into the parking lot of the diner, when she got in some sort of attack. Just like the last few times, her heart was ripped out and is nowhere in sight." I nodded and went to say something, but Jade cut me off, "So what do you think it was Officer?" She asked, the officer looked over at her and shrugged, "That's what we were hoping you guys could tell us." I nodded to the cop, "We'll do our best, thanks for calling us up for this." With that, Jade and I were back into the Impala. "That was rude." I said jokingly. "What the fact that I'm a better hunter than you?" Jade said snarkily."No, it's just rude to interrupt someone when they're talking." I said to her and started up the Impala. "Wow, I wasn't aware that I was attending Winchester's school of manners." She said with a light laugh, and I watched her start fiddling with a pocket knife out of the corner of my eye. We get back to the hotel in next-to-no time, and I go into my room, well aware of Jade trailing behind me.

Jade's POV

I started fiddling with my pocket knife out of nerves. I know that he isn't going to let go of the conversation we were about to have before we got the call. The drive back to the hotel wasn't that long, considering that the drive was only 15 minutes away from the crime scene. I was already dreading the moment when Dean brought up the conversation we left off. We pulled into the dark empty parking lot of the hotel, right in front of the window to Dean's room. Getting out of the impala, I started to twirl the pocket knife in my fingers, silently following Dean, knowing that he still wanted talk. "So..." He began, probably just as clueless as I was about how to start this. "Well..." I started and wrung my hands together nervously. "Uh, ask away I guess." Dean nodded and furrowed his eyebrows, probably thinking about a question. I heard him take a deep breath, "What happened to you? In the nightmare I mean." He asked with curiosity lacing his voice, making him sound a bit like a kid whose parents said that they can go to the candy store. I chuckled lightly and weighed my options, if I tell him the truth, he won't look at me the same ever again, but if I lie to him, he'll probably know, then I'm in deep trouble. My hands came up to rub my face, something I do when I'm sad or anxious. "It wasn't pleasant, let's just say that." He cocked his head to the side, obviously wanting me to explain. "It was my family, mixed in with a few other people. They were just, beating me I guess. It wasn't that bad." I shrugged and brushed off the haunting feeling of helplessness that I'd felt that entire time. Dream or not, it was terrifying. Dean nodded once more and sat down on the end of his bed, across from where I was sitting. "Okay. Here's my next question; When we were at the diner, hey, don't look at me like that." He said when he noticed me glaring at him. "When we were in the diner, when that chick was hitting on me, why did that get you so riled up?" He questioned, and I shrugged, this was the question that I was dreading, because I couldn't simply answer it, I had to explain the emotions that drove me to attacking that woman. I twiddled my thumbs and looked down at the carpet, trying to find a proper way to phrase this, eventually I just decided to wing it. "Well, I mean," I sighed "I don't know Dean. It was just the way she was looking at you, like you were a piece of meat to her, I didn't like it. Then when she started just shoving her chest in your face," I clenched my fists unknowingly, "that certainly didn't help. She kept going and going, then I just... lost it I guess." My voice shook slightly with rekindled anger, and I took a deep breath to calm myself down. A soft "oh" escaped Dean, "Jade..." He said with a sigh and ran a hand through his hair, "I can take care of myself." I glanced up, but I didn't look at him, I looked at the bed with the tousled sheets, knowing exactly what's happe\traveled over to Dean, and when he met my gaze, he looked like he'd seen a ghost.

Dean's POV

When I looked over to Jade, she looked calm, except it was her eyes. Her eyes were what gave her away, you could just see the pain radiating through them like a fire. "It's not you I'm worried about Dean." She said quietly and stood up, and headed to the door. I stood just before she reached it and grabbed her forearm. She visibly tensed and I could tell that she was resisting the urge to disappear, "Dean let me go." She said with a forceful edge to her voice, but there was something else there too, it was darker, it was like the way your voice sounds when you've just found out that your dog died. Grief, that's what it was, you could practically see the hurt rolling off her in waves. "No. " I said with defiance in my voice. I felt her fist clench in the grip that I had on her arm, she spun around to face me, her eyes glinting with warning as she raised her fist. Just as she began to bring it down to hit me, I caught it. Jade's eyes widened and she immediately began struggling against my grip. "Jade." I said in an attempt to calm her down a bit, it didn't help, and she kept struggling against me. "Let me go now!" She yelled at me, sounding panicked, "Calm down and I'll let you go, okay? But you have to promise not to run. " Jade sighed and nodded solemnly, and, as promised, I released her.

Jade's back was turned to me as she walked back over to her seat by the window, I looked at her stance, she was slumped over and looked like she hadn't slept in days, it was almost as if she was just collapsing in on herself. "Jade?" I asked, concerned. "What Dean?" Jade answered me, but she did sound angry or even annoyed, it almost sounded defeated, like she'd just lost a battle. "What's wrong Jay?" I asked quietly and walked over to where she was sitting, then pulled a chair around so I could sit in front of her, Jade just shook her head and looked out the window. I ran a hand through my hair, frustrated, "Jade I can't help if you won't let me know what's wrong." It was like she couldn't hear me, either that or she was pretending not to. I shook my head and sighed, "Jade talk to me."

"I could hear you." She muttered, her voice was so quiet that I almost didn't hear it.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, "You could hear what?" I asked her, curious as to what she was talking about. "You were drunk," She countered, "and you brought some girl back to the motel." I saw her cringe slightly, like it was hurting her to remember this. "I could hear you..." Her voice was shaking, I could see her hands clenching together tightly in her lap. I placed my hand on her shoulder to try and offer some kind of comfort, which Jade shrugged off as she stood up. She cleared her throat, and spoke, "Sorry." She said quietly and left.

Jade's POV

I left quickly, and practically ran into my room. I sat down on the bed, curled up into a ball, and just sat there. "I'm so stupid." I said quietly to myself, of course of all people I could fall for, it just had to be Dean Winchester, a man who was known for leading women on. Well, I've never been the sharpest tool in the shed. I should've known better. That seems to be my mantra nowadays, even after all this time I still just can't help it. After all this time without my family, my mind keeps wanting to make everyone into a hero and I know damn well that, that isn't the case.

Thoughts of my family started to flood my brain. A heart wrenching sob tore from my throat and tears spilled onto my pillow. The thoughts of my parents, my old life, my new life. Everything was just happening way too fast for my liking. I clenched my hands around my skull and groaned in pain, my head was throbbing and my breaths were shallow, no no no this is not happening. I can't have a panic attack right now. My vision went blurry and my hands began shaking furiously, images of flames, and faint screaming flooded my mind. The screaming became louder and louder until I could no longer bear it, a terrified screech tore from my throat, then every single light in my room shattered, as well as the windows. Glass rained down on me from all direction and I clamped my arms over my head to shield myself, it worked except for one large piece of glass that buried itself in the base of my neck. Sobs wracked my body and pain flooded throughout my arms, but my mind was too clouded to notice the stabbing pains that sent shockwaves through my entire body. It was like everything inside of my was slowly deteriorating, and everything on the outside was falling down. My mind suddenly went blank, and all that I could even register, was the intense throbbing that was ripping my entire body apart, from the inside out. I was slowly losing consciousness, my vision weakening by the seconds, my hearing long gone. My eyes slid closed and the last thing I saw was the door of my room being kicked open.

???'s POV

The door easily gave way as I rammed my foot into it, there was a girl curled up on one of the crappy beds bleeding from the back of her neck. There was glass everywhere, I quickly ran over to the bed and slightly shook her to try to wake her up.

Whenever I shook her shoulders, her head lolled to the side limply, and my hand came back soaked in blood. "Crap," I muttered and hooked my arms beneath her knees and arms, then picked her up. "Okay, let's get you to a hospital." I said quietly and put the girl into the passenger seat of my car and drove her to the nearest hospital.

Jade's POV

When I woke up, there were blinding lights all around me. "Oh, crap am I dead?" I said, "No, just cut open the back of your neck pretty bad, you were out for about a day." An unfamiliar voice said from my left, I turned my head gingerly to look at whoever spoke. There was a man over there, his head was almost hitting the ceiling of the cramped hospital room. He was obviously a hunter, I mean honestly, who wears that much flannel? "You're a hunter?" I asked and cringed as I sat up, stitches bit into the back of my neck. "Yeah my name's Sam Winchester." The guy, Sam, said. "Wait, hold up, you're Dean's brother aren't you?"

"You know my brother?" he asked looking at me with confusion. "Yeah I know him all right."

"You guys hunting together?" He asked with a slight curiosity in his voice. "Well, I was here first, we were both hunting the same thing, and we kinda just started hunting together." I explained to Sam. He nodded his head in understanding, "Huh." Sam said. "What?" I asked him, knowing that if a Winchester says 'huh' it means more than simply 'huh'. "Nothing, it's just that Dean hasn't hunted with anyone besides me or Cas in a long time, so it's kinda weird that he just shacked up on a hunt with someone else, especially on a solo hunt." I nodded my head.

"Yeah I wouldn't expect him to, he doesn't seem like he's a people person." Sam laughed at that. "You're right about that." He chuckled and put on his jacket. "You ready to go?" I furrowed my brows in question. "The doctor released you about an hour ago, he just said for you to take it easy the next few days. I may or may not have paid him off to let you go early." Sam said, I laughed and hopped off the bed. The guy was even taller now than when I was sitting, "Holy crap, you must be like 7 foot tall." I said and tilted my head back just so I could look at him when I spoke.

"No, I'm only 6'4." Sam said with a laugh. "Jesus christ." I muttered and went into the bathroom to go change into my clothes.

A few minutes later I was in the passenger seat of Sam's car. This thing was the polar opposite of Dean's baby. It had bluetooth and was only a few years old. But, he listened to Country music. There was a god awful song playing through the speakers about getting drunk and having...intimate moments with someone in the bed of a pickup truck, real classy right?

"So Sam," I said over the quiet music, "why did Dean leave?" I turned toward the moose in question. "Well," Sam rubbed the back of his neck, "he has this thing called the Mark of Cain on him."

"That thing on his arm?" I asked, when the image of a scar-like shape on Dean's right arm flashed in my mind. "Yeah." Sam responded, "So, what does that thing do to him? I'm guessing it's probably not good since he left." I said and looked out the window at the front of the hotel as we pulled into the parking lot. "No, it's not good, but I think it's Dean's place to tell you about it, not mine." Sam said and pulled into a parking spot and shut off the car. "Go get some rest Jade, you look like you need it." Sam said in a voice that made him sound kind of like a big brother looking out for his sister. "I'm not a kid you know, I can take care of myself." I said with a light laugh as I got out of the car. I saw Sam shake his head with a smile just before I went into my room.

Word count: 3501

I realized that my story was missing a key element, that key element was Sam, so I added him into the story 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 118 15
I write supernatural one shots some are gonna bring out some feels so prepare for the ride. I do not own any of the CW characters i just use them to...
8.3K 356 26
The third and last book in the Hunters trilogy. ***************************************** Maeve and Castiel had a daughter named Laurel. follow Laure...
119K 2.1K 25
Just some Supernatural x Reader stories I've written in my day. Each story is marked, so you know what you're getting into (smut, fluff, etc), and wh...
75% By T

Fanfiction

23.7K 820 55
Evelynn had a relatively normal life, if you could call a manipulative boyfriend and no contact with her immediate family normal. Either way she jump...