π”žπ”«π”¦π”ͺπ”žπ”€π”²π”°

By nbellen

Completed βœ“ Sequel is 'Chase' Eve grew up in a rough, harsh environment. The only thing that got her through... More

Cast
Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Epilogue
Dear Eve,
Dear Newt,
Dear Eve,
Dear Eve,

Six

5.2K 167 35
By nbellen

New York, America

"I'm going to work, Thomas." I buttoned up my coat and walked into the kitchen. Thomas was eating his breakfast that I'd made for him. I smiled as I saw him gobble it down from his favorite silver bowl that I always serve his food in. I sat in the chair across from him.

"Don't eat too fast, hun, I wouldn't want you to choke." I giggled and he sat back, a content look on his face and salmon bits around his lips. "Did you like it?" I asked him. He walked over to me and gave me a kiss on my nose and I giggled. "Oh, I love you, Thomas." He rubbed his cheek on mine in response and I laughed. Scooping him up in my arms, I walked back to my bedroom.

I placed him down on my bed and he yawned, so I tucked him in. I scratched him behind the ears and he purred, slowly settling down and drifting off to sleep.

Did I mention that Thomas was a cat? I probably should've mentioned that earlier.

I pulled my flats over my feet and pinned my hair back into a bun and checked myself in the mirror before leaving my small apartment.

I worked at MACUSA in New York as part of the law enforcement of wizards. Honestly it was the most carefree job that MACUSA had because of the amount of wizard police, so we had lots of free time.

As I headed towards Broadway, I passed by a bank. I knew this bank well, it was where the second Salemers would preach to all who would listen. I rolled my eyes and decided to stop to hear what she was spouting about this time.

"This great city sparkles with the jewels of man's inventions! Movie theatres, automobiles, the wireless, electric lights all dazzle and bewitch us." I rolled my eyes. I was about to walk on when I felt something snatch the chain around my neck. My hand automatically reached to my neck to grab it but it was gone.

"Hey--" I exclaimed, whirling around to catch the thief when I came eye to eye with a mole like creature on the ground with my necklace in its paws. I immediately recognized it even though I hadn't seen one of these creatures in years.

"Niffler...?" It made eye contact with me and its eyes widened. It sniffed the air and its eyes lit up when he saw something behind me and ran past me and into the bank. I turned around to follow it and immediately was tackled by someone.

My back slammed into the ground and the person on top of me groaned. "Terribly sorry about this..." He, I realized, shakily stood and dusted off his blue trench coat. I stood up as well, rubbing my head, trying to get rid of my growing migraine. "I was just trying to catch my--" The man abruptly stopped talking.

I looked up at him and tensed. I recognized the sandy colored hair and the way he stood and the color of his eyes. He hadn't really changed, except he practically towered over me now. I flushed as the memories rushed to me and I gasped.

"Eve." He stated simply. I nodded, still shocked that the one best friend I ever had was right in front of me. "Newt."

We stood still, taking in each other's presences when Newt suddenly snapped out of his daze. "The niffler." That was all that needed to be said and we both sprinted into the bank.

"Why didn't you ever write back to me?!" I exclaimed breathlessly as we burst through the doors, scrambling around.

"This isn't the time, Eve." Newt said breathlessly. I nodded and ran off to look for the niffler while he went another direction. I looked back though, and saw that my old brown leather case was still clutched tightly in his hand and grinned. I knew he'd never let it go.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

334K 5K 54
˒ᡒᡐᡉᡗⁱᡐᡉ˒ ʷʰᡉⁿ α΄΅ ˑᡒᡒᡏ ⁱⁿᡗᡒ ΚΈα΅’α΅˜Κ³ ᡉʸᡉ˒, Stories with you and your favourite Harry Potter characters cause we all know we have one or more Harry Potter...
861 28 16
⚠️UNDER HEAVY EDITING AND RE-WRITING READ AT YOUR OWN RISK! ⚠️ Victoria Lilac a sweet young girl unexpectedly gets a letter from Hogwarts the school...
14.4K 429 65
Jareth Potter never expected to fall in love with the most wanted boy at Hogwarts. He never expected to fall in love with a boy, period. Leona Evans...
143K 4.7K 33
first book in the Evelyn Black series β€’ β€’ sequal: BACK TO LOVE [ i promise the second book is better lol ] β€’ slow slow-burn (like years) friends...