Friends With Benefits

De GoddessOfAphrodite

Lin and Jake had been friends with benefits since high school. After awhile they decided its not right anymor... Mais

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
READ!
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
ANNOUNCEMENT
Epilogue
HELLO

Chapter 21

61.4K 778 200
De GoddessOfAphrodite

Chapter 21 - Home Invaders

It was my last class and I tried my best to focus. We weren't doing much since it was only the second day but hey, this was college.

"Paper is due on Monday," Professor Martinez said as he dismissed us.

I sighed in relief as I fixed my stuffs and went out of the room. I was already walking towards my car since I decided to bring it when a girl walked towards me.

"Um, hi," she said shyly.

"Hi," I said.

"Is it okay if I ask you to give this to your husband?"

Of course. Since yesterday unknown people kept giving me things to give Jake and the boys. It would either be a letter or things. But since Jake and I weren't in good terms I just left them at the kitchen counter in the middle of the night.

I beamed at her and handed out my hand. "Sure."

She handed me a blue box with a white ribbon. "These are for all of them."

I nodded my head. The box was quite heavy and I was so amaze that the boys had so much dedicated fans.

"Thank you, Lin."

What she did next shocked me. She walked towards me and wrapped her arms around me. It was actually the first time I was being hugged by a fan.

After she was gone my phone immediately rung even before I got in my car.

"Hello?"

"Is this, Mrs. Grey?" an urgent voice sounded from the other side of the line.

"Yes this is she."

"Well, you owe your friend a treat."

Before I could even answer a hand covered my mouth making me scream but of course it was muffled. My heart thumped in my chest hard in panic. With every strength I had, I elbowed the person behind.

"Ow!"

Soon, I was released. I turned around and saw a crouching Drew with his hands on his stomach.

"Remind me not to scare you again," he muttered in pain.

I took deep breaths to calm my heart down and glared at my friend.

"You're such an asshole," I hissed at him.

He chuckled lightly before standing up into his normal level. "So about that treat..."

-*-*-*-

We ended up eating at a little diner just a few blocks from my office. I had to be at the office at 5:30 and it was already 4 pm.

Turns out Drew was actually here as an exchange student. He was studying at some prestigious university which I didn't even know existed here in New York.

"So have you two made up?" he asked.

I shrugged my shoulders. Jake and I haven't talked to each other since the incident at the office. We didn't even see each other today. He was already out of the house the moment I woke up.

"Do I even want to know what happened?"

I shrugged again.

Drew sighed in frustration. "What happened to tell everything to one another?"

"I'm sorry, Drew. We just had a little argument. We'll patch things up soon," I said.

I hope.

"I always knew you two would end up together."

Ha.

-*-*-*-

Work was a pure bitch. I was stressed and tired as hell and Brenda was such a hypocrite. She was being all nice and helpful but I can always read between the lines.

She spilled coffee on the design I had been working on for a week. Then she kept on countering my ideas.

By the time it was time to leave I couldn't be happier. I felt like I was going to drop anytime. As I made my way towards the elevator I saw it almost closing. I rushed towards it.

"Please hold-"

But I was cut off when the doors closed and I saw a glimpse of Brenda with her middle finger raised at me.

"Bitch," I said under my breath.

I waited for a good 5 minutes for the elevator and when I went down, it was cramped and crowded with people. I was sweaty when I walked out of the building and then remembered that I left my car keys on my desk.

"I love this day," I muttered at myself sarcastically as I turned my back to get back in the building.

-*-*-*-

When I got home I felt like I was close to tears. I was tired and every part of my body hurts. I just wanted to lay in my bed and cuddle with my pillows as I was wrapped in my comforter.

"Finally," I said in relief as I reached our front door.

I placed my head against the door as I unlocked it. The door clicked open and I walked in. The sight that greeted me broke my heart. Jake was seated on the couch with Tracey straddling him with their lips locked. The water dam in my eyes finally broke free. They haven't noticed me yet, so I quickly walked in my room, making sure to bang my door as I got in.

"Lin?" I heard Jake say from the other side of the door not long after I got in.

I was fortunate enough to lock my door as I got dressed.

"Lin!"

His knocks became louder as he called my name.

I took out my iPod and placed it on my dock as I blasted some Greenday on full volume to block out his voice.

I was still crying. No, not because of him but because of every shit that happened today. I laid in my bed in just a t-shirt and let myself drown in my own misery.

I hate this day.

And I hate Jake Grey.

Why do I even feel so hurt about him making out Tracey? We're not really together. And him making out with Tracey wont jeopardize our 'relationship'. I mean, Tracey knew about it. Was it because I hate Tracey with blazing fury? Was it because I'm so annoyed with Jake? Was it because I had a bad day? Was it because I wanted to be the girl kissing him right now?

-*-*-*-

Eternity had passed and I was not crying anymore. Okay, not an eternity but I think it's about an hour. Greenday was still playing but I was hundred percent sure that Jake wasn't knocking and calling anymore.

I felt my stomach grumble since I haven't eaten dinner. I checked my phone and saw that I had missed calls and texts from Jake but I ignored it and just checked the time. It was already 12 am. I guess, he's asleep now.

I got out of bed and walked out of my room, ignoring the fact that I was just in my panties and Alex's gray shirt that I kept. Once I opened my door I was shocked at the sight on the floor. It was Jake. He had his back pressed against the wall with his eyes closed with small snores coming out of his mouth.

He actually stayed here?

I wondered what he did with Tracey but quickly ignored it and just planted in my mind that he's an asshole. I walked straight pass him and went in the kitchen to grab some food.

When I was done eating I made a quick trip to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. From the mirror I saw a figure behind me. My heart jumped as I did but then relaxed when it registered to me that it was my asshole 'husband'. I turned to face him but soon regretted it when I noticed the limited space between us.

"Let me explain," he said.

I rolled my eyes and pushed him out of the way and went out of the bathroom. I was fully aware that he was following me but I stayed on my ground and just ignored him.

"Lin, come on. I'm sorry. It's not what you think."

Anger sparked in me. I turned around, keeping a calm posture. "Why are you saying sorry, Jake? You made out with Tracey. It's no big deal."

He was taken aback with my response with pure confusion on his face. "You don't understand-"

I shrugged my shoulders. "For all I care you can fuck anyone you like. You can screw around. This marriage is for my visa and for your little 'project popularity', not like you need it. I just don't want to be labeled as a stupid wife who is oblivious to her husband's cheating hobby."

Hurt flashed in Jake's eyes making me want to take everything I said back. But what's done was done.

"Fine," he spat.

He turned around and walked in his room, slamming the door in process.

A tear made it's way out of my eye but I quickly wiped it off.

Why did I even marry Jake? I knew this was going to happen. This was exactly the reason why I cut off our 'relationship' back then.

This whole friends with benefits don't work for us.

-*-*-*-

Morning came and I called in sick both at my office and uni. I was actually sick. I had this massive headache and I threw up just awhile ago. I knew I was going to get flu.

I wrapped myself with my comforter and tried my best to fall back to sleep. But of course, my stomach decided it's time to grumble. I groaned and got off my bed. My sore muscles protested at the movement but I had to feed myself.

I walked out of my room and went in the kitchen where I found Jake sitting by the counter with a cup of coffee in front of him. He lifted his head to look at me. His eyes were actually bloodshot. He looked horrible but still hot at the same time.

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

I prepared myself a bowl of cereal.

"I should ask you the same," I countered.

He rolled his eyes at me in annoyance. "Well, I don't feel like going anywhere today."

Fine. Since he answered me, I thought it would be civilized to do so too.

"I don't feel well," I said.

"You're just lazy," he snapped.

I turned to face him with a glare. "I'm not like you, jerk."

"Don't be such a lying bitch," he retorted.

Honestly, this banter was childish and was making my headache worse. I ignored him after that and just went back in my room with my bowl of cereal.

-*-*-*-

I was woken up with my cellphone ringing. I groaned as I answered it with my eyes still closed.

"Hello?" I snapped.

"Sweetie! Are you at home?" my mom asked from the other line.

I nodded my head but then soon realized that she couldn't see me. "Yes."

"Great! We'll be there in 30 minutes! Ahhhh surprise!" she exclaimed.

Despite my headache and body pain I jolted out of bed.

"What do you mean?" I asked in panic.

"We're here in New York paying our baby a visit! Oh, I gotta go, sweetie! See you in half an hour."

She hung up after that.

I threw my phone somewhere on my bed and groaned.

"Why!"

I got out of bed, feeling a bit better than I was awhile ago and wore a pair of shorts. I was still in the gray shirt since I didn't change last night.

As much as I don't want to talk to Jake, I had too.

I got out of my room and saw him sitting on the couch watching some stupid action movie.

"Jake, my parents will be here in thirty!"

He narrowed his eyes at me. "Are you seriously playing me right now?"

-*-*-*-

We practically acted like superman. Since we were 'married', we had to share a room. We moved Jake's things in my room, since he owned lesser things than I. His room looked pretty empty and could pass as a guest room.

"Why are they coming here?" he hissed at me as we tried our best to make our room look 'couply'.

"I don't know!" I snapped.

"Annoying," he muttered.

I decided to ignore him since I knew my parents would be here any minute. Before I could even move a muscle, our door bell rang.

"Shit," I said under my breath.

Jake rolled his eyes before walking towards the front door with my hands entwined with his. My skin tingled at our contact but I had to remind myself that I was annoyed with him.

"Surprise!" My mom squealed as she pulled into a hug.

-*-*-*-

We were all having a fine dinner at some expensive restaurant. The restaurant was for reservations only but since Jake was a cocky asshole rockstar we were able to get in with no hassle and people treating us like royalty.

My parents haven't warmed up to Jake but it didn't annoy me as much as it did a few months ago. I guess, it's because I was annoyed with Jake too and seeing him uncomfortable against my parents' judgmental gaze was satisfying to me.

"So, Jake, I heard your band will be on tour in a few months," my dad said.

It was the first sentence they have spoken to him for tonight.

Jake beamed at them. "Yes, we'll be going on January."

"Oh, in 4 months I see. So how long will the tour take?" my mom asked.

"About 6 months."

It kinda felt sad that I was going to be alone in our apartment for 6 months.

"And in those 6 months, are you sure you'll be able to keep it in your pants?"

I choked on my own food as soon as the words escaped from my father's mouth. Jake looked uncomfortable as he placed his hand on my back then patted my back. He used his other hand to give me a glass of water. I drank and took deep breaths to recover.

"Daddy, that's an appropriate question!" I hissed.

Jake's cheeks were flaming red as he placed his hand on mine. "It's okay, Lin. And yes, sir. I would be able to keep it my pants. I would never cheat on your daughter."

Never cheat my ass.

-*-*-*-

The night was awkward. We had to share one room since my parents' were at the other one.

"You're sleeping on the floor," I said.

"The hell, I'm not!" he hissed.

The whole conversation felt like a déjà vu Here we go again, fighting over the sleeping arrangements.

"Sleep on the floor, Jake."

He glared at me as he laid on my bed. "Don't be such a bitch. I won't try anything to you. Don't assume too much."

I was hurt by his words and he seemed to notice it. He was about to say something but I plopped down next to him. I laid down as far as I can from him and turned my back so I can't see him and he can't see me upset.

"Lin," he said softly.

I was extremely irritable right now and I absolutely don't give a damn on what he was about to say.

"Fuck off, Jake."

-*-*-*-

Upupupddatte :)))

Yahoooo

Don't worry! It's neaaar :)

What's near? Just wait and see

Vote? Comment? Follow? Promote?

Thank you!

Always smile :)

Xx

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

Seasons Change De Liz💕

Ficção Adolescente

89.6K 3.3K 33
**Sequel to Coach's Daughter** It is highly recommended that you read that first. __ *Coming May of 2019* Blurb- •There's a reason BF stands for boyf...
184 35 10
Growing up never looked so easy . Best friends Eli and Wren have a connection like two half's of a soul. A platonic soul. That is until growing up s...
686K 8.9K 28
***Please Note: This is the sequel to Love Makes the Heart Beat...If you haven't read that story yet, I suggest you read it first as there are some s...
1K 138 50
If only Casey have known who he was, she wouldn't have let herself fallen in love with him.. + + + + + It is time for her annual solo getaway and t...