Living In The Greatest City I...

By philocalic

(COMPLETED) What happens when the entire Hamilton group is in the 21st century - and are in college? Stuck... More

Chapter 1: The Introductions Of A Potentially Hazardous Group
Chapter 2: The Envious Confessions of a Slightly Drunk Couple
Chapter 4: The Kid - I Mean, Turtle, Angel Schuyler-Laurens
Chapter 5: Girl Problems, Boy Problems, Wait, Ice Cream!
Chapter 6: Lessons about French and Smoking Sunflowers
Chapter 7: I Hate You, I Like You, No, It's Awkward Again
Chapter 8: TurtleBoi Passes Out
Chapter 9: Dates, Double Dates, Triple Dates, I Don't Know The Word...
Chapter 10: Close Your Mouth, I know I'm Beautiful
Chapter 11: That American Fizzy Magic
Chapter 12: The Angelic Angel Angelica
Chapter 13: Daddy Told Me Not To Have Relationships...?
Chapter 14: Petite Poisson, nagent/Small Fish, swim
Chapter 15: Take A Break (Or I'll Make You)
Chapter 16: Everyone Ships It
Chapter 17: Kitchen Duty - Doody
Chapter 18: Schuyler, Schuyler, Schu - well - Hamilton, Wait, Schuyler?
Chapter 19: Wait!
Chapter 20: This Is What We Call "A Bad Nurse"
Chapter 21: Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story
Chapter 22: Will You Throw Away Your Shot?
Chapter 23: Hurt
Chapter 24: Helplessly Helpless
Chapter 25: Thank You and A Small DEH Question!
Chapter 26: No One Deserves To Disappear
Chapter 27: What Happened In The Room
Chapter 28: Say No, Alex
Chapter 29: Congratulations, Hope You're Satisfied
Chapter 30: That's How You Know You Messed Up
Chapter 31: Him
Chapter 32: Let It Go
Chapter 33: The Fashion Major Strikes Again
Chapter 34: Just Fix It!
Chapter 35: I Mean, They Pop Out Randomly, Like Toasters
Chapter 36: How To Ditch A Wedding 101
Chapter 37: Now, This Is A Wedding
Chapter 38: Wait... What?
Chapter 39: Nobody Needs To Know
Chapter 40: Lady Issues
Chapter 41: The Baby Project Starts
Chapter 42: Beware Of The Fatal Pillows
Chapter 43: Schuyler → Hamilton, Peggy → ... Who?
Chapter 44: Your Hotness, Eliza: Making Things Worse Since 1757!
Chapter 45: This A-fork-able Group
Chapter 46: Love In The Air In The Greatest City In The World
Epilogue: The Crazy Kids Of New York
Epilgoue 2: The Private And Intimate Life Of The House
Epilogue 3: Here and Queer
Epilogue 4: The Mess I Call My Family
Other Stories!

Chapter 3: Maria Reynolds Protection Squad

1.4K 41 122
By philocalic

Third Person POV

"I feel like trash!" Alex groaned, massaging his head.

"You are trash," John muttered.

"What?" Alex turned.

"Nothing..."

"Advil?" John added, trying to ease the tension that he was sure only he felt.

"Gah, why did I agree to drinking on a school night?" Alex moaned, swallowing two pills in quick succession.

John watched his face intently. "Do you, uh, remember anything from last night?"

"Ugh, barely, why what happened?" Alex stared into John.

"Nothing at all!" John told him, immediately feeling bad about his lie. One of the first rules in their unwritten friend book was not to lie.

"Hey, did I kiss Eliza?" Alex's eyes lit up, looking psyched at the thought.

"I don't remember. Lot's to drink," John said flatly, lying again.

"Oh, well I'll ask her, and Angelica!" Alex said. (

"Uh, don't ask Angie!" John quickly exclaimed.

"Uh, why?" Alex laughed awkwardly.

"She had so much to drink last night, she probably has a massive hangover, wouldn't mess with her, ya know?" John tried to play it off.

"How would you know? Were you with her?" Alex raised his eyebrows.

John blushed bright red. "What? No!"

"Do you remember anything?" Alex moved closer to him, staring speculatively.

John's breath caught in his throat. They were too close.

"I, uhh... " He trailed off, staring at Alex's lips.

He finally sealed the lie, feeling a pang of selfish guilt as he did.

"I don't remember a thing."

But he did remember. He remembered telling Angelica too much. And her response?

"Me too!"

"Me too!"

Angelica's POV

"Good morning time to start the day!" Peggy barged into the sisters' room.

Eliza groaned. " How drunk was I last night?"

"Like on a scale of one to ten?" Peggy asked. "You were a solid fifty."

Eliza fell back into her bed and swallowed the Advil Peggy carried in her purse.

"Hey, Angie, are you okay?" Peggy peered into her oldest sister's bed. It was empty.

"OMIGOD DID I LEAVE ANGIE BEHIND SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT." Eliza shot up in her bed immediately.

"Relax girls I'm here in the bathroom." Angelica stepped out looking like she didn't have twenty shots with a guy she just met.

"Woah Ange, you clean up good," Peggy looked her sister up and down.

In reality, Angelica was not okay, not at all. She hated it all, herself, her life, everything. No wonder she was never her father's favorite, no wonder he couldn't love he-

"ANGIE! You with us?" Eliza looked at her sister worridly.

"Yeah, I'm just trying to remember what happened last night," Angelica looked down. "What do you remember Eliza?"

"Did-did I kiss Alexander Hamilton?" Eliza scrunched her brows.

Angelica's head snapped up. "I-i-i don't remember."

"Fine, I'll ask John or something," Eliza yawned.

"No! I mean, he probably has a massive hangover, he drank a lot," Angie stuttered.

"Oh yeah, what happened between you two last night?" Peggy questioned. "You two looked pretty close, like real-"

"OK TIME TO GET GOING!" Angelica swiped her sister's up and sent Eliza to the bathroom.

While making her sisters breakfast Angie looked back into the night.

Rewind

Rewind

Helpless

I remember that night I just might

Flashback

Angie giggled into her twelfth shot while a drunk John Laurens downed his immediately.

"So," Angelica said, slurring heavily. "Who do ya like?"

"You won't believe me if I said so," John's lopsided grin seemed to darken slightly.

"I don't care if it's a guy, a girl or anything in between," Angie looked straight into John's eyes.

"Okay, okay," John did a short drumroll for himself. "It's Alex!"

Angelica laughed. "No wayy, me too!"

Then they both started giggling and laughing and drinking to forget the pain.

End flashback

Angie shook herself back to reality. No way he remembered any of that. It was better that way. He would look at her like she was some kind of self absorbed kind of sister who didn't care. Angelica loved her sisters more than anything in her life. They meant the world to her. But John was... gay? Or bi, he was probably bi and he also liked Alexander.

Dang it Alex, seducing the girls and the guys.

Move on Ange, move on.

You got a long day ahead of you.

Maria's POV

Maria walked into a brightly lit classroom and dumped her books on a random desk. Seconds later Hercules Mulligan slid into the desk next to her.

"Hey, you okay after last night?" Hercules asked softly, scanning her face in concern.

James never looks at me like that. I met this guy yesterday, and he's already making a better impression on me than James.

"I'm fine. Thank you for doing what you did, but really, you didn't have to," Maria turned her head to the front of the classroom. Better crush this relationship before it grew to something she didn't know how to deal with.

"That guy was threatening you and treating you like dirt!" Hercules protested, looking shocked.

"He's my boyfriend," Maria defended, even though she hated James. Her parents forced her to be with him as they both came from influential, wealthy families. But James was a real pain, and he thought he could order Maria around.

"Yeah, a rude - " Hercules started to say, but Maria threw him a look.

"Herc, you seem like a nice guy, so you should stay away from me and my problems," Maria mentally cursed herself as she let that problem part slip out.

"Herc?" Was the only thing he said after her short speech.

"Really, you'll be better off without associating with me," Maria desperately tried to ward him off. She hated sharing her problems, forcing others to bear her burden. Never had she told the Schuylers about James. Her father had made it quite clear that she should never do that.

Flashback

"Daddy! I brought in the flowers you wanted!" Little Maria ran in with red roses.

"Foolish girl! I said I wanted the white ones!" Her dad glared at her.

"I - I'm sorry Daddy!" Maria quaked, looking terrified.

"You should always remember that you are a problem! I never wanted you! Never force somebody to carry your problems for you! You already have failed!" He roared, looking completely deranged.

"Maybe - " Maria's mom tried to talk but her dad glared at her so harshly that she fell quiet.

But at that moment Maria decided to change from who her dad wanted her to be.

Her favorite color from then on was red.

She vowed to herself never to let herself become like her mom, who fell quiet by a mere glance. Nobody would take away her power like that.

End Flashback

Hercules' POV

Hercules kept his eyes on Maria's face as she tried to dissuade him from hanging out with her. She seemed so helpless, but at the same time, strong. She really did want to keep him away from her.

"Really, you'll be better off without associating with me," Maria said, her eyes wide.

Am I? Hercules grinned at Maria. He was going to stick to her like glue.

Third Person POV

Headmaster George walked into the room like he was some sort of king.

"Some of you may remember me, some may - hang on, I need to get this." The weirdly clothed teacher got out his phone and started to yell into it.

"Remember, despite our estrangement, I'm your man!" He barked into the phone, looking annoyed.

Hercules grinned at Maria. "Ooh, girlfriend problems, eh?" He laughed.

"I'm surprised he even has one," Maria muttered.

"You'll be back, soon you'll see, you'll remember you belong to me," Headmaster George said angrily, then slammed the phone onto the ground. It made a sickening crack, then landed with its screen cracked.

The headmaster started to stomp on it, making glass fly everywhere.

"He's totally unhinged!" Hercules whistled, filming the entire episode with his phone.

"Maria?" He swung the phone around so it was on her face.

"No woman ever belongs to a man," Maria whispered, her face angry.

Hercules stared in shock at her face. It looked haunted.

"Students!" Headmaster George called.

Hercules lowered the phone. He'd have to look at the footage again.

Maybe Maria's 'problems' went far beyond a jerk of a boyfriend.

oOo

"That class was totally weird," Hercules steered Maria to the rest of his friends.

John and Angelica stood to the side together, silent and not looking at one another.

"Hey, are you Alex and John and those kids?" A boy came towards them, smiling.

"I guess we're those kids," Hercules told him.

"That's us, the revolutionary squad!" Alex pumped his fist in the air.

"Alex, that's really... uh - " Peggy tried to tell him.

"Well, I think it's great!" Eliza grinned supportively.

"Best of girls and best of girlfriends, " Alex whispered to John, who turned away and didn't say anything but clenched his jaw. 

Angelica physically turned away from the squad. "I have some homework, I think I'll go."

"Wait up," John said. "I'll go with you."

"No, it's fine, I really need to go," Angelica blinked away her tears.

"We need to talk," John told her.

"No we don't," Angelica finished the conversation coldly and walked away.

@Infinity_Moon_36 who collaborated with me on the story!

Hope you enjoyed!

- Eliza and Angelica 👸

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.5K 1.6K 20
This book will NOT follow the plot of the manga or anime. The setting is based off of My collab book with my friend @Mintsuchii_ It takes place in...
21.1K 923 16
WHATS UP I WROTE THIS WHEN I WAS THIRTEEN PLEASE DONT READ THIS THANKS With Anna's wedding only a few weeks away, Elsa is quite busy. But meeting up...
55.8K 2.1K 15
The adventures of Philip the Prostitute. Watch him evade his father's attempts to keep him "civilized", balance his social and family life, all while...
1M 55K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...