Snow and Fire

By MoonsongMarauder

Beorn had never really thought about finding a mate. That's until a she-elf appears in the middle of a snowst... More

An Angel
Grey and Blue
The Ring
Thoughts and Sandwiches
A Ten Foot Grizzly Bear
Not So Sure

Last Excuses

888 47 20
By MoonsongMarauder

Two weeks went by, and we didn't speak of what had happened that evening. In fact, we didn't speak much at all. Ellavin stayed out of my way and I stayed out of hers, occasionally glancing at her wistfully from across the table. It broke my heart to see her beautiful eyes so dark with sadness, but I knew if I went near her she'd shut me out for good.
~<><><>~
"Beorn?" Asked a soft voice. I looked up from my work, my eyes meeting a tanned face and bright blue eyes.
"Lynn," I nodded, looking back down at my work. She sighed and took the tools out of my hands.
"Talk." She said flatly. I looked back up at her irritably.
"About what?"
She sighed again, sitting down on the workbench.
"You've been acting depressed for the past couple weeks completely out of the blue. There is something wrong. Talk." She said stubbornly. I growled lowly at her.
"I don't want to talk about it."
She raised an eyebrow.
"You need to if it's annoying you that much."
I got up, packing my tools away. Lynn tried to stop me but I swatted her hand away.
"Beorn please, bottling it up isn't going to do you any good," she said softly. I didn't say another word, slamming my tool box shut and leaving.
~<><><>~
I got home and slammed the door. Important note: never get in the way of a skin changer in a bad mood. Typically, a certain elleth got in the way of that. I headed over to the kitchen, but something stopped me. Something stubborn, infuriating and undeniably beautiful.
"Beorn? What's wrong?" Asked a familiar female voice. Her voice was thick with concern, even if we hadn't spoken for the most part of two weeks. I couldn't help but love how loyal she was, love how she challenged me at every turn, love her as her whole, perfect self. Yes, I loved her, I had admitted that to myself after the first week of silence. But I couldn't love her, she had to go back to her own people, it was too dangerous for her here, with me.
~<><><>~
I ignored her, even though it hurt like a silver knife, and went into the kitchen.
"Beorn? Please, what's wrong?" She asked again, her voice still sweet and gentle and... snap out of it for gods sake! I shook my head, hard, as if trying to shake the thought from my mind.
"Beorn?" She insisted, placing a hand on my arm. Sparks shot from the spot, as if someone had set my blood alight. I froze, unsure what to do. I thought of unappealing things to distract me, trying to think of anything but her.
~<><><>~
She stepped in front of me, looking up at me with those bluey grey eyes. I watched her, my mouth going dry and my breath coming in heavy gasps. She stood on her toes, placing a hand on the side of my face. How could she act like this when we'd barely spoken?
"What's wrong?" She asked again. I concentrated on breathing slowly, my eyes fixed on her. She furrowed her brow a little.
"Beorn?" She whispered gently. My tongue felt thick and heavy in my mouth, my throat had seized up. I couldn't talk. My voice came out as a harsh whisper.
"E-Ellavin," I said. She smiled a little, those perfect eyes lighting up.
"There, that's better, you can talk," she said gently. Her hand was still on my cheek, but I tried not to concentrate on it. I had to stay strong, had to resist her. Her thumb stroked my face gently, and I have an involuntary sigh of happiness.
~<><><>~
She looked at me then, as if trying to work something out. She stepped closer, her body inches for mine. She tilted her head up to me, looking into my eyes. I froze, watching her, unsure.
"Don't pretend I don't know what's going on Beorn," she said "I've had enough time to think about it."
I didn't move, too focused on where she was rather than what she was saying.
"What is going on?" I asked. A small smile crept across her face, and she placed her other hand on my shoulder. My breathing got louder, heavier, as she drew even closer. I tried to stop myself, it was too dangerous, she wasn't mine to take, the bear part of me took over. I ran out of excuses. I leant down and kissed her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 105K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
258K 5.6K 32
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
585K 30K 23
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
747K 29.3K 41
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...