Just a Façade|| ✔️

By heresurramenbro

[TG Various x Ghoul!Reader] (f/l) (l/n), as known as Purple Phoenix by the CCG. Rebellious, flirtatious and... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Info About The Characters
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 1 1
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
A/N (Important!)
A/N (Another sorry!)
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Ayato's Ending
Kaneki's Ending
Hide's Ending
Alternate Ending
A Year And A Half

Chapter 24

2.1K 63 26
By heresurramenbro

You opened your eyes and looked out of the window. 

It's still night... And it looks pretty cold outside. Well it's winter after all. 

You turned to the other side and... 

You immediately jolted up at the sight of Ayato's face. 

I slept here. I can't believe it. But wait, why did Ayato come here too? Well screw it. 

You stood up on the bed and carefully jumped down, trying not to wake Ayato up. Looking back one last time, you quickly made your way out of the room and closed the door behind you. 

You took a sigh of relief and buried your face in your hands. You were lost in your embarrassing thoughts when... 

"(f/n)-chan, you're awake?" 

You turned to the familiar white haired male and smiled softly. You walked close to him and noticed that he was wearing a jacket. 

"Kane-kun? Are you going out?" you asked and he nodded. 

"Can I come too? I don't think I'll be able to sleep anymore" you said looking away. 

Kaneki studied your face for a moment, and then answered. 

"Of course you can, but... It looks pretty cold outside, it's better if you get a jacket, too" 

You smiled and nodded. 

-Time skip-

It was six in the morning, but since it was winter, it was still as dark as night. 

You and Kaneki were walking around in the 20th ward in a comfortable silence, until you felt something landing on the tip of your nose. 

You looked up at the sky and saw that it was snowing. 

"Look, Kane-kun!" you exclaimed happily. 

Kaneki looked at you with a soft smile and nodded, then looking also at the sky. You felt something brush against your hand, and you saw Kaneki's hand taking yours. 

You widened your eyes slightly, but you didn't mind it at all, as you found yourself smiling. 

Suddenly something caught your eye: it was a plane made of paper. You followed its flight with your eyes, until it flew in front of one of those huge video screens. 

You read the news and-

You widened your eyes in horror and your breath caught in your throat. You squeezed Kaneki's hand, who turned to you and saw your face. 

"(f/n)-chan, what's wrong?" he asked concerned.

You raised a trembling finger, indicating Kaneki the screen. It wasn't long before his face became as shocked as yours. 

'The 20th ward must be evacuated by tonight. A ghoul orgaization was found in the coffee shop that goes by the name Anteiku; the CCG will take care of the case tonight' 

You gulped as your hands started trembling.

Touka, Hinami... Yoshimura-san, Irimi-san, Koma-san... 

You couldn't let them die. You looked at Kaneki again and you met with his grey eyes. The both of you nodded: you would've fought tonight. 

Hide's POV

I was sitting in the CCG office with Akira and Amon, who was talking at the phone with someone. 

"What? Tonight? Alright... I get it" 

He put down the phone and let out a frustrated sigh. Then he looked at me and Akira.

"What's the matter?" Akira asked in a monotone voice.

"I'm requested for a mission tonight. And so you are, Akira" Amon said, looking straight in Akira's eyes. Her expression rained calm, as she asked what the mission was about.

"We're taking down the coffee shop Anteiku, as Shinohara-san and Juuzou-kun found out that it was a ghoul organisation" 

I widened my eyes. 

If my intuition are correct... Whenever there is a big battle like this, Aogiri Tree always shows up. This means that in the battle there will be Kaneki... And (f/n)!

I shot up from my seat and slammed my hands on the table. 

"What about me?!" I asked. 

Both Amon and Akira sent me questioning stares, so I cleared my throat. 

"Won't I partecipate in the mission too?" I asked again. 

Amon widened is eyes slightly. 

"I... I was only told about me and Akira so you won't be in the mission. Honestly I find it weird that a rookie like you wishes so badly to partecipate a mission where he could die. Could it be that you have a particular reason?" 

I felt my stomach twitch. 

"No... I don't have a reason" I said, looking down with my bangs covering my eyes. 

Amon chuckled. 

"I guess it's just a rush of sudden curiosity inside of you, then. Consider yourself lucky that your first mission won't be this: the possibility of death is very high" he said. 

I just kept my head low, receiving a weird stare by Akira. 

"I... I'll get going, then" I said as I stood up and left the office. 

I must be there tonight. 

As I thought so, I bumped into Takizawa and I immediately apologised with a smile. 

"Ah! I'm sorry Takizawa-kun! There's a lot in my mind lately..." I said. 

"No, I apologise... Say, were you chosen for the mission, too?" Takizawa asked. His voice trembled a bit. 

I widened my eyes.

"You... You were chosen?" I asked. 

He nodded his head, frowning. 

"And there's no way I can just hide and not partecipate, but deep down I wish I could exange place with someone" he whispered. 

I sighed. 

"If you were to exange places, I wish I could take your place, but it's not allowed" I said. He looked at me like I was crazy. 

"What the hell are you talking about? You weren't chosen... Yet you wish you were? You are suicidal!" 

Then he eyed me suspiciously. 

"Or maybe I was right after all... You really have something to do with ghouls" he said in a low voice. 

I smiled nervously. 

"Please, stop making ridiculous assumptions, Takizawa-kun" I said as I walked past him. 

There's no regret in my mind... Tonight I will fight. 

Ayato's POV 

I woke up at the sound of someone knocking at my door. I rubbed my eyes and sat up, then I turned my head to see if (f/n) was awake, but she wasn't even in the bed. 

I narrowed my eyes. 

She must've woke up before me. Good, I'm already in a bad mood. 

The person outside of my room started banging loudly at the door, and a thick mark appeared on my forehead. 

"Stop the fucking banging, I'm coming!" I shouted, and finally the noise stopped. 

I stood up and walked to the door, opening it. I found myself face to face with Banjou. 

"U-uhm, I'm sorry to bother you, but-" 

"Cut it short!" I cut him off. He glared at me for a second, but then he answered. 

"Alright... Tonight the CCG will bring down the coffee shop Anteiku in the 20th ward, and Eto wants all the Aogiri Tree group to be there" he said. 

"And why's that?" I asked, looking pissed off, but inside, I was more than concerned: it was my sister's safety we were talking about after all. 

"She said she had to see someone there... But I don't know who or what kind of relationship she has with them. But we have to follow her orders" Banjou concluded. 

I looked down. 

"Fuck her and her plans. Then I guess it's time to take out my mask again" I said as I closed the door of my room and walked past the bigger man, but not without bumping my shoulder with his. 

On the way, I saw (f/n) and Kaneki, their masks in their hands, but I decided to ignore them. 

- Time skip - 

Your POV 

You and Kaneki had left the Base for the second time that day, after having taken your masks and changed into your respective combat suits. 

You had your usual black cargo pants, combat boots, a dark purple thank top and a purple hoodie, because it was cold. 

You had spent all day discussing about the way to use your kagune against stronger ghoul investigators, and about Kaneki, you had recommended him not to use the kakuja, as he could easily lose control. While you were back in the Base, you had heard from one of the Aogiri Tree members that they would've fought too, but you and Kaneki decided to go on your own. 

Now, it was already afternoon, and you and Kaneki were waiting for the battle to start, sitting on a roof and watching the sunset. 

It was only when the sun had completely disappeared, that the first explosions were heard. You tightened your grip on your mask. 

Suddenly, you heard footsteps approaching and you turned your head to see a familiar tall male with glasses. 

"Nisho-san/Nisho-senpai?" you and Kaneki asked at the same time. 

He smiled. 

"Long time no see, Kaneki, (l/n)-chan" he greeted you. 

Then he walked beside you, and looked at the show in front of your eyes, sitting down.  

"I've received a message from Yomo-san, he said that he brought Touka and Hinami to a safe place" he said and you let out a sigh of relief. 

"I'm glad that at least they're safe" you said smiling. Nisho looked at you with a confused expression and noticed something he hadn't noticed before. 

"Oh, you don't wear makeup anymore? And what's with that attitude, are you really (l/n) (f/n)?" 

You looked at Kaneki then you smiled. 

"Yes, I am" 

Nisho looked at you for another second, then he smiled and sighed. 

"So it's all going to end like this, so suddenly, huh?" he said more to himself. 

You looked at him with a smile, understanding his feelings. 

"The daily life we took for garanted now crumbles in an instant. Whenever it ends, it's always in an instant" he continued. 

"That old man could be aggravating though, huh? And also Irimi-san, and Koma-san were hard to work with huh..." he added, remembering you the days you spent working at Anteiku. 

Kaneki glanced at him. 

"And you? What are you going to do now?" he asked and you nodded. 

"Me? I'm gonna run away, of course. I'm not certainly going to waste my life with all those doves around. So... I'm going to see Kimi one last time and then I'm gone. I can't have her to wait for me until she's old and gray. And besides... A fine woman like her? I'm going to make love to her one last time" Nisho concluded grinning and standing up. 

Kaneki looked down frowning. 

"If I hadn't brought you into Anteiku..." he said. 

Nisho smiled. 

"I don't hold it against you, now tell me... There's no really need for you to wear that, is there?" he asked, pointing at Kaneki's mask. 

You widened your eyes. 

Then Nisho turned to you. 

"I couldn't say the same thing to you, (l/n)-chan, your identity as the Purple Phoenix has been hidden for years now" he said grinning. 

You chuckled and nodded, but you were still bothered by what he had asked before to Kaneki. Did that mean that the CCG ha found out about Kaneki's identity? 

Suddenly, another voice was heard. 

"I... I won't let you go!" 

You all turned to the person and you widened your eyes. It was Tsukyama, but his hair was messy and his blouse was undid. 

"Tsukyama-san?" Kaneki asked. 

"Can't you see how many of them are there? What would I do if anything ever happened to you, Kaneki?" he asked, sounding desperate. 

Kaneki stood up and looked at him with an expressionless face. 

"I'm well aware of the risk" was his only response. Another explosion was heard. 

Then Tsukyama spoke again. 

"In that case..." he started, clenching his fist. 

"In that case... You can die... Right here!" he shouted and let out his kagune, then attacking Kaneki. 

Kaneki dodged all of his attacks, ignoring all his blathering about how dangerous it was for him, and how he would have not allowed anyone to eat Kaneki before him. 

You and Nisho just watched as Tsukyama jumped in the air and then fell on the ground. 

The three of you walked to him, who was laying down, making a pool of tears. 

"Kaneki, have a heart... Please would you not go?" he asked. 

Kaneki looked at Tsukyama, then he bowed. 

"Tsukyama-san... I'm sorry. Thank you for coming and trying to stop me, but..."

He grabbed his mask and put it on. 

"I can't stand not being able to do anything anymore" Kaneki said smiling slightly. 

Then you felt Tsukyama grabbing your ankle. 

"At least you, (f/n)-chan... Mia bella​​​​​​... Don't go... Please..." he sobbed. 

You looked at him with pity and you freed your ankle from his grasp. 

"I'm sorry, Gourmet... but I will fight tonight" 

​​​​​​____________________________________________________

So the battle begins! The story is almost arrived to its end! See you in the next chapter! And as usual I apologise for any typo or grammatical mistake! 

- Giulia 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.2K 919 10
The girl couldn't believe her eyes when she saw him, He was beautiful to her even with the colour red decorating his body. His hair was like snow. Wa...
8K 166 13
"Then why do I feel butterflies in my stomach everytime you look into my eyes? Why can't I look away from those possessing eyes everytime our glances...
75.8K 2.2K 27
You are an ordinary just a bit lonely ghoul with a dark past? What happends when you meet people and what if you fall in Love? And will your past get...
58K 2.1K 15
Completed: June 16, 2015 Updated: April 11, 2017 RANKING: #182 in TOKYOGHOUL *thank you all so much :)* Book Two: Simple and Forgetful. Ayato Kirishi...