Second Chances (Brett Talbot)

By KittyCat1306

Lily Dunbar hated him. She hated everything about him. His face. His personality. His snide comments. How he... More

Stiff Reunions
Wrong Beta
Awkwardness
Missing Twin
Into The Woods
Brother Found
Bad Idea
Back To School
Lacrosse Practice
Monstrous Things
I'm Lost Without You
Who Am I
Tied Together With A Smile
A Combination
Stronger Than You Think
Over
I Like Him
Guts

Shocking Surprises

24.3K 592 891
By KittyCat1306

Mason and I stand by Liam at the side of the field while Liam puts his lacrosse gear on. It's right before the game and Scott and Stiles have let Liam play as long as he doesn't flare up again.

"Are you sure you going to be all right?" I ask my twin as he pulls his jersey on. It's weird seeing him in burgundy instead of green on the field. "Cause we all know what happens when something doesn't go your way in the game, and this is against people you absolutely hate."

"I'm fine," he grumbles. "It's just a scrimmage."

"Just try not to get a red card," I tell him. And try not to kill anyone, I think, but I don't tell him since Mason is listening too.

"I won't," he huffs. He glances over at Brett across the field who's currently changing his shirt.

I feel my face suddenly feel hot. He notices us staring and winks at me. I look away, my jaw set, my eyes fixed on the bench next to me like it's the most fascinating thing in the world.

"I don't care I he's a foot taller than me," Liam states. "I think I could take him.

"No one is taking anybody," I tell him.

"Oh yeah," Mason says in a far off voice. I look up at my friend to see him staring at Brett, transfixed.

Liam notices too and glances in between him and Brett. "What are you doing?" He asks Mason with his eyebrows raised.

"Hm?" Mason snaps out of his trance and looks over at Liam. "Oh, I'm agreeing with you."

Liam glances back and forth again. "You think he's hot don't you," Liam accuses his best friend.

"What, no!" Mason quickly says, defending himself. "No... Yeah, a little."

"Unfortunately I have to agree with Mason. He is hot," I state. As if he was listening to our conversation, Brett's head snaps up glancing toward us quickly. "But he's an ass, I add.

"More like a hot piece of ass," Mason corrects.

Liam and I look at each other and I can't help but laugh at our crazy friend.

"He wants to destroy me," Liam says in a serious tone.

"I think you could definitely take him-" Mason states.

"Mason!" I say interrupting his bad encouragement.

"-and then give him to me," he adds.

I let out a laugh and so do Liam and Mason.

"Mason, your gay is showing," I tell him.

"So?" He shrugs. "I'm gonna get a good seat so I'll see you in the bleachers, Lils. Good luck Liam!"

He walks away from us, and I immediately round on Liam. "Don't try anything today. You still don't have control. If Brett says something to you, just walk away," I command, putting my hands on his shoulders and standing in front of him so we are eye to eye. "Don't hit him, don't growl, and please don't rip anyone to shreds with your claws. You'll probably ruin your gloves, get kicked out of this school, and maybe even get sent to Area 51."

He rolls his eyes at me. I notice out of the corner of my eye that Brett has halted his efforts of getting his gear on and is standing motionless with his head down.

Why do I keep getting the uneasy feeling that he's hearing everything we say?

I shake off my uneasiness and focus back on my brother.

"I'm serious, Liam," I deadpan. "I don't want anything bad to happen to you. Just try to stay calm and not have your eyes glow yellow. Also please watch out for Garrett. Don't let him get close to you."

"I'll be fine," he assures me. "I have Scott, Stiles, and Kira all looking out for me, and if I'm not feeling good, I'll just have coach sub me out."

I doubt that Liam would in anyway purposely take himself out of the game, but I had to trust him. Plus I trust the juniors.

"Okay," I tell him with a smile. "Then good luck out there and kick some prep school ass - not literally though."

"Thanks," he breathes, obviously nervous.

I flash him another smile then turn and make my way toward the bleachers. I glance back at the field and see Liam, Scott, Stiles, and Kira all together in a huddle probably talking about Garrett. I then look over to the other side of the field and see Brett staring at me. I shoot him a glare and he just smirks making a kissy face at me. I roll my eyes and make my way to Mason. Plopping down next to him I notice I'm also sitting next to a girl in a Devonford Prep sweatshirt who looks about in middle school.

Probably one of the player's sister, I think, but why is she here alone without her parents?

I shrug to myself and pull out my notebook and flip open to my most recent unfinished drawing of Scott with half of his face human and the other half when he's Changed, next to it was the same thing if Liam that I finished yesterday. Mason saw me drawing them earlier today and I told him they were just abstract drawings for my art class so it was okay for him to see me drawing them now.

I glance up a few times as the players get on the field into starting positions. Liam stands in the right attack position while Scott is on the left. On the bench I see Stiles and Kira sitting next to each other focused on Garrett whose on the left midfield. On the other team I can see Brett getting ready for the face off against Greenburg.

I could see that the girl next to me was fascinated and also almost shocked by my drawings especially when I colored in Scott's wolf eye red.

"I like your drawings," she tells me in a careful voice. "How did you think of the concept?"

I get a queasy feeling in my stomach. She almost sounds like she knows something.

"Well my brother asked me to draw him as if he was a werewolf," I quickly lie. "He's into sci-fi."

Well that second part wasn't a lie, my heart was still pounding for some reason.

I hear the whistle blow and hear Coach yell, "dammit Greenburg!" signaling that Brett got the ball.

I look over to the field to see Brett running and dodging with the ball until he runs up to the goal and scores. I groan while the girl next to me cheers.

Brett takes off his helmet grinning. His eyes find mine and he shoots me a wink. I scoff.

"What's wrong?" the girl next to me asks.

"I hate that guy," I mutter. "When I used to go to Devonford, he always made snide comments at me and made my brother's life a living hell."

"You used to go to Devonford?" She asks.

"Yeah, up until a month ago when my brother and I transferred," I say, gritting my teeth. Why is she asking so many questions?

"Wait, is your last name Dunbar?" she asks.

"Yeah..." I say, questioningly.

"Oh my brother has talked about you and your brother before," she says.

"Who's your brother?" I ask looking at her while trying to keep an eye on Liam.

"Brett, the guy you just said that you hated," she says with a laugh.

I immediately put my full attention on the girl next to me. "You're joking," I say in denial.

"Nope," she states. "You must be Lily. Brett has talked about you before to his fiends."

"Of course he has," I mutter. "What does he say?"

"Well just this morning he was talking to Alex Waiter about how he was gonna be able to see you today. He also says that you're - and I quote - "smoking," she grins at me.

"Wait, Brett thinks Lily is hot?" Mason gasps, finally butting into the conversation. "You go girl! Get some of that hotness!"

"Are you sure we are talking about the same Brett?" I ask, ignoring my insane friend. "We are talking about Brett Talbot, right? Tall, brown hair, has a huge smirk on his face 99% of the time?"

"Yeah," the girl nods, laughing at my shocked expression. "He's talked about you a lot. I would dare say he likes you.

My face flushes. "More like he likes making my life torturous," I say laughing feebly.

She has to be joking. Brett hates me and likes to see me in pain. He would never like me. And if he even did I would never ever like him back.

"No, I've known my brother for as long as I've lived and I can tell that he likes you," she says. "Now your bother, Liam I think his name is; Brett hates him. He's always going off on rants about how annoying he is and that he was so glad that he was kicked out of school."

"Now that part about Liam sounds more like Brett," I mutter. "But I still doubt that he likes me."

I glance over to the field just in time to see Liam, Brett, and Garrett all crash into each other.

Oh no... Garrett.

"Liam!" I shout, getting up to see if he's okay.

"Lils, he's probably fine," Mason says to me.

"I'll just be a minute," I call as I race down to where Stiles is. "What happened?"

"Liam's fine," he tells me, and I breathe a sigh of relief. "Brett got hurt though, so they are taking him up to the school."

"That was a close one," I mumble.

Stiles nods, pulling out his phone to look at a text. His eyes scan over the phone for a few seconds and he gasps.

"What?" I question.

"The second part of the dead pool was just cracked by Lydia," he says

"Is Liam on it?" I demand. Looking over his shoulder to see a list of names. I scan it not to find Liam's name but I see another very familiar name and gasp.

Brett Talbot.

~•*•~

This really isn't a cliffhanger for you guys since you know what happens next but you gotta wait until next time! No ones really read this yet, but who cares. I was just really happy to write this and I wanted to share it with everyone.

Later,

Catherine

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 34K 147
*REQUEST CLOSED Imagines of: Scott McCall Stiles Stilinski Derek Hale Jackson Whitmore Brett Talbot ...
200K 9.5K 58
[BOOK 4] "𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙞'𝙢 𝙖𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪, 𝙨𝙤 𝙜𝙤 𝙖𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙙 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙖𝙮 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩'𝙨 𝙤𝙣 𝙮𝙤𝙪�...
17.3K 594 36
What happens when what your family wants and what you want is different. Jenny has to juggle her family's wants to what she wants. And what if she ca...
21.6K 694 79
I've got no use for moonlight Or sappy poetry Love at first sight's for suckers At least it used to be Look, girls are nice, once or twice Till I fin...