Fighting Love

By _elizza_

Noah Rosenburg is the CEO of the largest company in America. He is known for firing people left, and right an... More

[ quick statement ]
[ short prologue ]
[ 1 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 4 ]
[ new story ]
THANK YOU!
[ 6 ]
[ 7 ]

[ 5 ]

889 26 11
By _elizza_

If you didnt notice, i got a new cover and changed my story name. It was "My CEO", but now it's "Fighing Love". I thought My CEO was very bland and cliché, so i changed it. I really hope you like it.

Elliot Swan

"And that is all you need to know." Carl finishes.

"You sure there isn't more?"

"No, Sir. That's all you need to know."

"Please call me, Elliot. Sir makes me feel old."

"Alright, Elliot." He smiles.

"It's already lunch time, do i go home, or stay?" I ask.

"You'll have to ask Mr. Rosenburg. I'm not in charge of when you leave."

"Alright, Carl. I'll see you around?"

"More definitely" He smiles at me

I go back to the elevator and hit the top floor - bosses floor. The elevators finally opens up, and i step out. I remember, Carl, telling me that the bossed room is this way. I walk forward and see a door with Mr. Rosenburg' name on it - this must be his office. I knock on the door and i hear a 'come in'. I open the door, and walk inside.

"Elliot! How was the tour?" Mr. Boss asks.

"It was good. Carl explained everything i need to know."

"That's good." He smiles, "Anything you need?"

"Yes. I was wondering when i was to go home."

"You could go home now if you like, you must be exhausted."

"Yes, i am. Would you like any lunch before i go?"

"Why not? What are you thinking?"

"I was wanting to try this one little cafe down the road. I think you might like it, it cute."

"I think I've heard of it before." Noah smiles.

Noah wraps up the project he was doing on the computer and we head out the door. Noah offered to drive us there, and i couldn't deny. He literally wouldn't let me drive.

--
We stop at a little corner café down the road. Noah hops out of the car, and opens my door.

"What a gentleman" i tease

"Thank you, it seems to always impress the ladies." I feel myself slump when he says 'ladies'. Of corse he straight who was i to think he's gay, even bisexual! I knew that he wouldn't want me, just like my parents.

"Are you alright" He says making me snap out of my thoughts.

"Oh yes i am. I was thinking, sorry." I smile, trying to convince him.

"Well come along. I don't want to wait all day." Rude.

I hop out of the car, and he shuts the door. I look up and see that we stopped at Auntie's! I look up at him and beam. I rush through the door like a little child and get in line. I look over my shoulder, and see Noah not far behind with a small smile on his face. I motion him to come over faster, and he does. He steps beside me, and smiles down at me. I feel small compared to him. He's 6ft, and I'm 5'9. I'm not that short, i promise. The person in front of us finally gets their food, and we step up to the counter.

"Auntie!" I with a huge grin on my face.

"Elliot, baby! And Noah! What a pleasant surprise!"

"How are you Auntie?" Noah asks with a smile.

"I'm well, and what brings you here?"

"We're out for lunch aren't we, Elliot?"

"Y-yeah" I stutter knowing that Auntie knows about my crush on him. I told her the day before work. I talk to her for hours, and hours about him. I sounded like a school girl with a crush.

"Alrighty then. What would you two like today?" Mrs. Auntie asks

I look over at Noah, and he nods his head for me to go first. "Could i have a croissant with a final vanilla bean frapp?"

She nods, and proceeds to ask, "How about you, Noah?"

"The same, but with a regular coffee."

"Alright, coming right up. Go and sit down, i will bring your food to you." She smiles

"Thank you, Auntie" I beam at her

"No problem, sugar."

Noah and I walk in synth over to a small booth near the window. I sit in one seat and he sits in the one across from me

"So, how do you know Mrs. Auntie?" Noah asks.

"Her and me are best friends, sometimes i wonder if she's my mother though.."

Noah chuckles and shakes his head. "How do you know Auntie?"

"My mother and her are best friends." He says.

"Cool." I say lamely. Really? I couldn't think of anything else rather than 'cool'. I'm so stupid.

"I was wondering would you like to go to d-"

"Here's your croissants, and heres your coffee." Mrs. Auntie says interrupting Noah. I can literally feel Noah's eye roll.

"Thank you, Auntie." I say.

"Anything else you would like?"

I look over at Noah but he doesn't say anything, so i shake my head no.

"Alrighty then, I'll be back with your receipt shortly."

"Thank you." Noah says with a fake smile.

After that, Auntie walks away to tend to other costumers. "What were you going to say after Auntie interrupted us?"

"Oh, its nothing." He says glancing to the left.

"You sure?" I question.

"One hundred percent."

"Alright. Let's eat, shall we?"

"We shall" Noah replies.

We sit in comfortable silence as we eat. I stare out the window and see a passing cars, child with their mothers walking. I finish my food and drink and start to take out my wallet, but Noah already beat me to it. He lays down his card, and i look up at him abruptly.

"I'll pay."

"No, I'll pay."

"No, I'll pay." Noah argues back.

I stare at him for a long time, until I finally break. Noah smiles and right then Auntie comes over with the receipt. Noah hands her his card and she goes away as quickly as she came.

"So, what's your favorite color?" Noah asks suddenly.

"Gray" i answer

"What's yours?" I ask.

"Red." He seems like a red guy.

"What do you like to do for fun?" Noah questions.

"Read, how about you?"

"Hike."

"Really?" I ask surprised. Hiking would be the last thing on my list for things he likes to do. I thought it would be watch sports, or something along the lines of that.

"Yeah, i really like the wilderness."

"That's really cool. I on the other hand, do not like hiking, but i love nature." I respond.

Auntie comes back to our table and hands Noah card back to him. "I hope you like your food you love birds."

I blush and look down. "Thank you." Noah answers.

Noah and I walk out of the shop, and we head to his car. I stare out the window, watching passing buildings and cars. And we ride in comfortable silence all the way back to the office.

--

I open the car door and step out. I see Noah just behind me. I wait for him to catch up, and we walk into the building with style. Yes ladies and gentlemen, i said style. We were walking together in synth; i felt like i was on a runway. Girl, we are slayyying. There was women on the sidewalk looking at us with their jaws all the way down to Antartica. We even got straight guys looking at us. We are slaying.

Noah opens the door for me, and I politely say thank you. "You look tired, go home. Get some rest."

"Trying to get rid already?" I say dramatically with my hands to my chest.

"Of course." Mr. Rosenburg winks, i swear i just about fainted.

"Anyway, I'll see you tomorrow?"

"9:00 sharp."

"Of course Mr. Rosenburg."

"Please, call me Noah."

"Alright, Noah." I say with a grin.

I wave goodbye to Noah and the secretary and walk out the doors. I grab my keys from my pocket and i head over to my car.

--

I unlock the apartment door and step inside. "Honey, I'm home!" I yell.

"Welcome back sweetheart! How was work?" Jake yells back.

"It was great! I'm going to bed, I'm tired!."

"Sure thing!"

I hang my coat up and i head straight to my room. I quickly strip down 'til my briefs and climb into bed. I set my phone on my nightstand and close my eyes.

I remember what Noah said to me earlier, and drift to sleep.

"Please ,call me Noah"

Whew what a chapter. This took me about a week to complete because, i kept on rewriting it, and not finishing it. I will be writing another chapter this weekend, I promise.

I have been having a lot of trouble with my family. My dad just had open heart surgery recently, and i have been helping him a lot, so I haven't had the time to write. And I've been constantly worn out with school, and home issues. So, i am really sorry for the delayed chapter.

I greatly appreciate the votes some of you lovely people have been giving me, and its makes me super happy. Thank you.

If you didn't notice, i did put in a sassy part for Elliot.. I have been wanting to put in a sassy part since the first chapter, but i didn't know where to put it. I decided to put it while they're going into the building for some super reason, but somehow it turned out alright.

Until next time,

~

1591 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 36.2K 61
WATTYS WINNER When her fiancé ends up in a coma and his secret mistress, Halley, shows up, Mary feels like her world is falling apart. What she does...