Supergay

By Supercorp219

Hello! This is my first time writing fan fiction, so this will probably be terrible. For more information on... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Update!!

Chapter 8

861 20 13
By Supercorp219

Alex's POV

          It has been a week since we had to let Roulette go. Maggie and I have been hanging out quite a bit, and I am going to the alien bar almost every other day with her. We worked on a small case, finding the murderer easily because they left the murder weapon at the scene with prints. People need to think more. I really like Maggie, and I am so glad that I met her.

          I arrive at the bar, looking around. She usually meets me outside, and I know her enough now to know she is rarely late. I go inside, hoping she just got started early. If she isn't there yet I'll just wait outside. She wouldn't just ditch me, would she? She hasn't , as I see her at the bar, downing a shot. I walk up to her, and see tears running down her face. She isn't sobbing, but I can tell she is hurting.

          "Maggie, are you okay?" I must have startled her, because she looks up quickly, wiping the tears from her eyes.

          "Oh. Um, hi Danvers. I'm fine. Really." She isn't.

          "You don't have to lie to me. What's wrong?"

          "My girlfriend dumped me." She looks down at the empty glass, then looks back at me. "She said I focus too much on my job, that I should have been spending more time with her. She said I was hard-headed and insensitive. She also said I spend to much time with you. When I tried to explain it was just work, she got mad about my job again." She tries to order other drink, but I tell the bartender that she has had enough, sitting down next to her.

          "Who would do that? If she dumped you, than that is her lost. You deserve better than her; you need someone who loves you as you are. And you are great." I can tell that made her feel better. She has a smile tugging at her mouth. She hugs me, and I linger a second longer than normal, my heart racing.

          We spend the rest of the evening playing pool. It is a Sunday, so we leave a bit earlier than usual so we get a good night's sleep for work tomorrow. I fall asleep thinking of Detective Sawyer, as I can't get her off of my mind.

Kara's POV

          "Okay, now wear these." I hand Mon-El some fake glasses. I have been preparing Mon-El to be ready for Earth since we stopped the fight club. I convinced James to give him a job, though it is only an internship due to the short notice. Today is his first day at CatCo, so I am getting him ready.

          "Why?"

          "Just in case you ever want to be a hero like me. You are going by Mike. Alright?" Mon-El nods, and we head out. I show him to his desk, and he immediately sits down with his feet on the desk. I hit them off as James arrives.

          "Hello Mike. Are your ready for your first day?" Mon-El doesn't respond at first, but then he remembers that he is going by Mike.

          "Yep. I'm ready as I'll ever..." He stops talking, waving at Eve, James's assistant, who was staring at him. I snap my fingers in his face. "What?"

          "Here is some paperwork for you to do. Please don't get distracted, alright?" James says, shaking his head slightly. Mon-El nods, sits down, and gets to work. Eve is still staring, so James goes over to tell her off. "Kara, do you want to go on a walk with me?" I nod, and we leave. Before I go, I catch a glance of Mon-El walking over to talk to Eve. Was making Mon-El work here a bad idea?

          We walk around the city, making small talk and looking at our surrounding. I point out a lot of dogs and cats. And birds.

          "I'm glad we are talking right now. I feel like we have been talking less and less." I nod.

          "I have been so busy with Mon-El, and you have been running a company. We don't really have the types of lives that give us time off."

          "It really is a sha..." James is cut off by an explosion that knocks us both to the floor. I run into an alley, changing into my superhero outfit as fast as I can. I fly back, moving James out of the way. Kara, think quick. I observe the area. We are in front of a bank. Alright, so bank robbery, but why was there a big explosion.? I find the robbers, one of which is holding a large gun. Assuming that they caused the explosion, that gun is bad news.

          "Who are you?" I try to sound confident, and it works. I can see the robbers tense up a bit.

          "I'm Chet Miner. CADMUS told me to deliver this to you." He shoots me with the gun, and I couldn't dodge it. I am hit full force, and it hurts. A lot. It must be alien technology, but why would CADMUS, the people who hate aliens, want to use something produced by aliens? I don't have time to ponder this and I have to stop them from robbing the bank. Out of the corner of my eye I see James punching one of Miner's friends, but is beat easily. I scare off everyone, and go check on James. He doesn't seem to bad, but as the robbers are running, they step on James's dad's camera, which I know will upset him. I patch him up, then we go back to work.

          It has only been thirty minutes, but I have already lost Mon-El. And Eve is missing too. I ask around, and it seems that she had been doing his work until they ran off together, but no one knows where. I am a bit scared to use my x-ray vision, so I just search around physically. I arrive at an abandoned office, and when I open the door, I immediately regret it. Can I have some eye bleach please? Mon-El and Eve are in the closet. Doing you know what. Ugh, I can't handle him.

          "Both of you, back to work. Before I throw up." I shake my head. Why do I have to deal with this? To make matters worse, I see the attempted bank robbery on television, and some dude loses his shit. I apologize for my language, I'm having a pretty bad day because of Mon-El.

          "This is why we should be allowed to carry weapons around. To protect us from people like this."

          "What kind of weapons would you want to use. If you had weapons, would that just create more drama and chaos?

          "To address your first question, I don't see why photon cannons wouldn't do the trick." I hope my eye roll is visible. "And for your second question, no, I think that we would be more safe with weapons, not less." I can't handle people right now. I look at the clock, formulating an excuse to get out of here.

          "I have to go. Dentist appointment. Bye." I think I need to save some people, make them have hope again.

Alex's POV

          "You know, they didn't teach me about one thing anti-gravity guns at the academy."

          "We're looking for any electromagnetic components in these weapons so we can create a counter-measure." Maggie shakes her head and smiles at me.

          "Nerd."

          "How are you feeling? Any better."

          "Now I just feel like I got kicked in the gut instead of the face."

          "After you file your report do you want to get a drink? Or we could go to that new tapas place."

          "I don't really feel like it right now."

          "You should come out! We can have fun and celebrate singledom."

          "I don't really feel like celebrating being dumped."

          "Sawyer, that's not what I meant."

          "What do you mean?"

          "I just thought we could go and have some fun. We could keep each other company."

          "You and me?

          "Yeah. Why? What's wrong with that?"

          "Oh, its nothing Danvers. I just didn't think you were into girls."

          "I'm not."

          "Oh, my bad."

          "I mean, no offense Maggie."

          "You're are just not gay."

          "Right."

          "You would be surprised how many gay women I've heard that from." Wait, what if I am? No, I can't be, can I? "I just thought you were angling towards something."

          "No, I was just trying to be nice. Um, I'll let you know when we make some progress on the case." I leave before this can get even more awkward. That didn't go so well. What if she is right? Could I be gay?

???'s POV

          Chet returns looking less than impressive. He was beat up, along with the rest of his crew. It also seems he didn't get anything from the bank. What an idiot.

          "I'm sorry boss, but Supergirl bested us. We tried hard, but she drove us away. We still have the weapon though, she was t able to destroy that."

          "That's fine." Miner looks dumbfounded. I almost laugh at the look on his face. Almost.

          "What?"

          "Even if you didn't succeed, which would have been better, you escaped. People will know that you are still out there. They will be scared. That is the whole point. If people are afraid of aliens and alien technology, they will be more willing to follow my plans. If we succeed at that, then everyone will be safer."

          "Cause chaos to lessen chaos in the future. I like it. As long as I get paid, I'll do whatever." I nod, then dismiss him. CADMUS will win. Supergirl can't stop us. No one can.

James's POV

          I have been thinking about those robbers all day. What was his name, Chet? Yeah, it was Chet Miner. It kind of sucked being punched like that. And they stepped on my dad's camera. Just thinking about it makes me want to cry, but it also makes me want to fight. To be angry. I want to take the power into my own hand. I will fight. When my day at work ends I go to the DEO, where I know Winn will be, even if it is late. That guy really needs to sleep sometime.

          "Hey Winn." I tap his shoulder, and he smiles up at me.

          "Hello. What's up? Are you looking for Kara?"

          "No. I'm looking for you."

          "Really? Wait, is your computer frozen or something?"

          "Nope. So what's the latest around here? Have any leads on that gang and where they might strike next?"

          "Well, the DIA mainframe is reviewing data, scaning for possible targets."

          "How does it work exactly?"

          "Well, for instance, the police got an incoming tip that there is a sketchy van outside of the federal reserve on Burl Avenue, so we check to see if it is probable."

          "Is it?"

          "Aren't you just full of questions. And we don't think so. We have agents looking at the higher risk areas."

          "Alright, well I'm going to go to sleep. Bye man." 

          "Okay, bye." I head out, going home. When I get there, I change into something dark, with a ski mask. I am going to get revenge; I am going to put the power into my own hands. I go down to Burl Ave. and wait. Soon enough, Chet Miner and his gang show up. I follow them with a baseball bat. I knock down two, but a third one hits the bat out of my hand with the gun.

          I try running away. He keeps shooting, then I find a piece of metal and hold it up like a shield. Just in time too. He hits the shield with the beam, and I am pushed into the glass door behind me.

          "What is it with this town and heroes?" Chet uses the gun to blow up the apartment building I smashed into. I try to get everyone out, but in doing so, Chet escapes. Why do I fail at everything I do? I go to bed crushed, thankfully not literally. That was a close call.

          I wake up aching all over. Probably from slamming into a glass door. Yeah, that kind of sucked. I go to CatCo with bandages on my ribs, and when I was adjusting them, Winn comes through the door. Shit.

          "Look, it isn't what it looks like. I was shooting hoops last night, and I bruised my ribs."

          "You are a terrible lair Olsen. So, I hacked into the federal reserve's security footage. They had a robbery last night, you know, where I told you about." He zooms in on me running away from the scene. "Great disguise by the way. What were you thinking?"

          "You don't understand."

          "Enlighten me, because this looks like you are a criminal."

          "My whole life I have been a sidekick. I have hidden behind my camera while my best friends wear capes and save the world. I want to do something good, and I feel like I have waited too long already. Winn, you found the work you are supposed to do at the DEO. I haven't, not here. But I feel like this is it."

          "I hate to break it to you dude, but you don't have superpowers."

          "I know, but I can do this. We can do this."

          "First off, tell that to your ribs. And second off, we?"

          "Yes we. I mean, I have a black belt. And you're right, I don't have powers. You can make me a suit. You can build me a weapon. We can level the playing field."

          "Fi... No. No, no I can't do it!"

          "What about Kara?"

          "That's different. She can freaking fly. You are just tall."

          "You know, watching my dad's camera get destroyed reminded me of something. He gave his life to the country. I can't be half the man he was if I don't try to save people too."

          "You know what, fine. I'll help you."

          "Thank you Winn." I pull him into a hug, but then stop because it hurts my ribs.

          "What is your name going to be?" Winn looks excited now.

          "It is a surprise." Winn is disappointed, but still looks happy. He leaves, and we are both smiling ear to ear.

Kara's POV

          I just finished a call with Alex. She said that she was at my apartment, so I go there as fast as I can, worried she is hurt. When I get there, she is eating a donut. She never eats sugar in the middle of the day.

          "Are you okay?"

          "Yeah."

          "Okay, good. You worried me when you called out of nowhere."

          "No, I'm fine. I just wanted to see you. How are you doing?"

          "Well, yesterday was Mon-El's first day at work. I am starting to regret bringing him there. Within the first hour he was there he had Eve do his work, then he; I can't say it. It makes me sick to think about. Basically, when I came back to work, he and Eve were doing it." Alex's face is disgusted, to which I nod. "Are you sure you are okay?"

          "Well, yesterday..." Alex is cut off by a knock at the door. I quickly x-ray the door, and see Lena. I can't hide my smile. After last week we have been talking more, which makes me super happy, no pun intended. I get up, opening the door for Lena.

          "Hello Kara." She looks over, realizing Alex is sitting at my table. "You were the one at the ceremony. Who are you"

          "That's Alex, my sister. So, two questions. How did you learn my address and what's wrong?"

          "Nice to formally meet you Alex. Firstly, I have my resources. Secondly, you know about that stupid fight club last week. Well, its my turn to ask for a favor. I am having a gala tomorrow night as a fundraiser for the children's hospital that was attacked and it would mean the world to me if you come. You are my only friend in National City. I would also like a meeting with Supergirl. You two are friends, correct?"

          "I would be happy to come. And I am friends with Supergirl, so I can get it arranged. Want her to meet you at L-Corp tonight?"

          "Yes, that sounds good. Thank you so much Kara. As I said, it was nice meeting you Alex. See you tomorrow Kara." She walks away, and I can't help but smile.

          "Is there something going on between you are Lena?" Alex looks confused. The same look I had when she and Detective Sawyer were talking about the alien in the trunk last week.

          "Of course not. As she said, I'm her only friend here. I'm just being friendly." She nods, though I can tell she doesn't believe me 100%. I get a call from the DEO, so I have to leave. We hug, and go together, since Alex is an agent. We work until night, when I go to see Lena again. I notice she now has a terrace outside her window. 

          "Hello Miss Luthor. Kara Danvers said you wanted to see me."

          "Thank you for coming. As you may have heard, I am holding a gala tomorrow. I would like you to attend. With this gang running around, you being there would assure the safety of my guests."

          "You like to take risks, don't you. First with Corben, and now with this?"

          "What is the point in living in fear? You more than anyone must understand that. Time and again you risk everything to see justice. Is it so hard to believe that I feel the same way? Or are you one of those people who believe there is no such thing as a good Luthor."

          "I believe that everyone should be judged by what they do, not their name sake. I have nothing against you, I am just worried that this could be dangerous."

          "This party must happen and I am asking you for your help."

          "Of course I will. Just so you know, Kara Danvers loves pot stickers, so if you could include them, she would be grateful." Lena chuckles.

          "I'll be sure to add them to the list of foods. Thank you Supergirl." We say our goodbyes, and I go to sleep thinking about pot stickers, which is pretty common.

          I wake up the next morning feeling energized. I brew a cup of coffee, then start my way to work, picking up Mon-El on the way. When we arrive at CatCo, I see the one and only Lena Luthor waiting for me.

          "I just wanted to make sure you were coming to the gala. Supergirl told me you like pot stickers, so they will be here." I giggle.

          "Wait, is a gala like a party?"

          "No, it isn't. Thank you Lena, of course I am still going. I wouldn't miss it for the world." She smiles then hugs me, and my heart melts a little. She smiles really good.

          "Can I go to this gala?" Mon-El takes a bite from a Twizzler. When did he put those on his desk?

          "I can't see why not. Kara, you can bring as many people as you want there."

          "Okay, thank you Lena. I'll see you tonight." She nods, then walks away. Rao, she is so amazing. I work the entire day, starting an article about Chet Miner and his gang. When the clock strikes seven, I get ready for the gala. All of my friends are coming, so I hope Lena doesn't mind. I have J'onn pretend to be Supergirl, while I stay as Kara.

          "Hello Kara. Are these all your friends?" I nod, while James, Winn, and Mon-El introduce themselves. Alex just waves. She seems kind of distracted. I realize now that she was about to say something yesterday before Lena showed up. I'll have to ask her later. I see the table with pot stickers and excuse myself. After stuffing my face with about seven Lena coming up behind me. "May I have this dance?"

          "Why not?" Lena escorts me into the middle of the room, and we start to slow dance. There are multiple other people dancing. I see James and Winn dancing, Mon-El in the corner talking to some people, and Alex off in her own world, deep in thought. J'onn is patrolling currently. We have decided that if Miner attacks, I will change into my Supergirl outfit while J'onn shape shifts onto his true form.

          "I'm so thankful you came." Lena looks me directly in the eyes. We both smile, then I spin her around.

          "I'm thankful you invited me."

          "What I said was true. You are my only friend in National City, the only person I truly like. Of course I have business partners and coworkers, but none of them are as great as you." I really hope I'm not blushing. Lena is so sweet.

          "I think you should come over for game night tomorrow. We hold it every other weekend on Saturday night."

          "I would be honored." She exaggerates the word honored, which is very charming. I feel the tension growing between us. She is so beautiful. I want to kiss her. Wait a moment, what did I just say? I'm not gay, right? I've liked guys, they are dancing together right now. Why would I want to kiss her? I don't have much more time to think about it because there is an explosion. We break up, and I run off to get changed before she sees me leave. Of course Chet Miner attacks right then. I am slightly relieved, but also a bit mad.

          Everything happens at once. I see Lena beckon Winn under a table, he follows, confused. Alex pulls out her gun, and Mon-El runs to join J'onn and me. We all start at once. James runs up to one of Miner's groupies, while Mon-El takes the other. Alex shots the one that James was fighting in the knee, and then all three fight the one that Mon-El was fighting from the start. J'onn and I fight Chet. We do a hit and run, one person attacking while the other distracts him. Meanwhile, though I didn't know it at the time, Winn and Lena were working on a device to stop the anti-gravity gun from working. We knocked the gun out of his hand, then Winn and Lena get out from under the desk, yelling that the gun is disabled.

          The police come, locking up Chet and his crew. Everyone goes home, and we thank Lena for inviting us.

          "I didn't know you were working on that device. It was a genius idea, really."

          "Thank you Kara. Where did you go? As soon as the fighting began, I couldn't find you anywhere."

          "Oh, I had to use the bathroom."

          "Terrific timing." We laugh, then I go home to get a good night's sleep, dreaming about pot stickers again. And Lena Luthor.

Alex's POV

          After everyone goes home, I go to talk to Maggie at the bar. I called her saying that I want to talk, and she said that she could meet me in ten minutes. When I get there, Maggie has already gotten us both a bottle of beer.

          "Hey Danvers. What's wrong?"

          "Nothing's wrong. I just came from Lena Luthor's fundraiser. Chet Miner is now in jail. Who knew that Miss Luthor would be able to figure out how to stop the guns before we could. I guess there is a reason that everyone calls her a genius."

          "Alex, I know something is bothering you. You wouldn't have called me here if there wasn't something wrong."

          "My entire life has always been about being perfect. Perfect grades, perfect manners, everything I did had to be perfect. But the one thing I couldn't be perfect at was dating. I never liked being intimate. I always thought I just wasn't made like that. That I just wasn't supposed to be an intimate person."

          "You can say it."

          "Maybe what you said about me wasn't completely untrue." Maggie nods, smiling at me.

          "I thought so." We spend the rest of the night drinking, playing pool and laughing. It was one of the best nights I've had in a while.

???'s POV

          I got word of Chet Miner's arrest an hour later. I guess I was right that he wasn't the best person to use. I'll have to find another person. I want the world to be better if Lex ever gets out of jail. I miss my son so much. He is the reason I do everything. The Luthor family will be back together, even if it is just mother and son.

//Author's note

          That was a long chapter full of people questioning their sexuality. I was thinking about changing the name of this story to Supergay. What do you guys think?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.5K 485 45
This is my first fanficton that i have ever wrote. it is un edited atm so sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes. please leave feedback in the co...
1.1K 28 12
Imagine finding out you have an 18-year-old child that was born 4 years ago. You may be think that, that doesn't match up. That isn't even the most m...
1.4K 42 13
Hey guys this is my first ever work and i kinda hate it now that i finished writing, but ill leave it up if anyone does want to read it, ill be remak...
45 4 1
My First Original Story it's terrible the grammar and spelling I did my best to the best of my ability. I worked on this story for 3 years! please I...