The Wild Ones | ✔️

By stellarsecrets

Kyle Duncan is an arrogant rebel used to doing whatever the hell he pleases. Until one day his father ships h... More

He's Hot and She's Cold
He's Bewildering and She's Troublesome
He's Wild and She's Wilder
Unexpected Behavior
Raised by Wolves
Too late to apologize
Show me Yours
Better Together
Be Mine, Baby
Have a Heart
Check Yourself
Wreck Yourself
Just give me a Reason
Dark Horse
Family Drama
Break the Rules
Movements of the Heart
Side Story: Strawberry Milk
Distractions and Attractions
The Last Resort
You're my Angel
News for You
Closer to Home
Mean the World
Written in the Stars
One Step Closer
He's Hiding and She's Seeking
Protect your Heart
Should I stay, or should I go?
Different
Blast from the Past
The Sun and the Moon
Sharing is Caring
More money, More problems
Plan of Attack
Lionhearted
Dark Places
Here's the Scoop
Making Money Moves
Falling Back to You
Heaven in Hiding
Pillow Talk
Hell is a place on earth with you
Let her go
Light of my Life
Mask Off
Dystopia
We'll be Alright
Amare Potentia Est
Bittersweet: Naomi's Epilogue

Stupid is as Stupid does

14.5K 263 19
By stellarsecrets

Kyle felt unbelievably pathetic. There he was, following Emily and Brent for the past hour around the Empire State Building like a complete loser. The attention that he was once receiving as admiration was now becoming full on awkward, supsicious stares. One lady even asked the security guard to talk to him, and he had to make up some random excuse about a little sister whom he miraculously found when the officer mentioned reporting it to the office. Thank God the random little girl didn't blabber the truth. He had to say, money did wonders. Now, he was standing behind a large metal pillar watching them sip coffee together, enviously.

xx

Brent studied Emily curiously and noticed how much she changed. She was admiring the skyline and was paying no attention to his obvious stares and he wondered when she let her guard down like this. Her once blonde hair went back to her natural color, her ice green eyes had melted into a calm green pool, and her once stoic face now contained noticeable emotions. (Granted, it was subtle being her.) She no longer had that guarded, cautious stance about her, and the icy aura she used to radiate without even trying could almost be mistaken for a warm glow. It had been two years and now she was no longer the partner he knew, but instead, dare he say, a girl. A incredibly attractive, unique girl. He was sure that if it weren't for the years of experience he had by her side as a gangster, he might've considered hitting on her. But he had too much respect for her; as a member, a partner, and as a sister.

"Is there something on my face?" She said wrily. Brent realized that she had noticed his staring and grinned easily.

"Just the usual blank expression and a funky pair of glasses," he joked.

Emily frowned as she pushed the glasses up her nose. "Shut up. It beats that stupid smirk you always have on your face," she retorted briskly.

"Touche," he pinched her nose playfully and she aimed for his shin which he dodged easily. He reached for her nose again which she ducked skillfully and aimed for his stomach. He hopped back and attempted to slid behind her only for her kick at his ankle causing him to trip. She was panting slightly but smirking at his defeat.

"You haven't lost your touch," he grinned. She gave him one of her rare smiles and pulled him off the floor.

"And you clearly still need a lot more practice," she stated as she tug her dress back to place. Brent chuckled before wincing at his next thought. There was no point in delaying it any further. He had to pursue the subject.

"Emily," he started gently. She was looking at him with that amused glint, thinking that he was going to make a clever remark back. "You know what you have to do. This has been going on for too long."

Emily's once easy going expression hardened into a dark mask. There was a hint of a scowl on her lips. "Don't mention it. You already know the answer. I'm not going back."

"But David," he tried.

Emily glared. "What about him?"

"He-He needs you. When you're there he's a lot calmer," Brent explained as he thought of his boss.

She snorted. "If he needed me, he wouldn't have broken his promise."

Brent stayed silent. He knew it wasn't going to be easy, especially with the way things ended two years ago. But still, that was where she belonged. David did something stupid, and she had every right to be mad... but the gang needed her. But it was too early, he decided. Instead of continuing what he had to say, he decided to change the topic.

"Damn it! I finished it already." Brent said as he tried to slurp the last bits of watered down bubble tea. Emily rolled her eyes but passed her cup to him. She may not like the topic of the conversation, but Brent was pretty much like her little brother and she'd do just about anything for him. "Have some of mine," she smiled wryly.

xx

Kyle watched their exchange wide eyed. The two had moved to a more secluded side of the building and was now isolated enough to do God knows what. He soon found out that it meant space to have a mini sparring match. Whether it was dumb luck or actual skill, Kyle had to admit both of them were definitely deft and skilled fighters. Were they in the same Tae Kwon Do club or something? He couldn't particularly hear what they were saying now, but could tell what she meant when she slid the cup to him. He was going to drink out of her cup? Isn't that basically an indirect kiss? Kyle started panicking at the thought when he saw his "lost little sister". He motioned her to come over hastily and after whispering into her mom's ear, she ran to him and asked him impatiently, "What do you want, creep?"

Kyle raised an eye brow at her sass, but decided against telling her off. "Go knock yourself into that guy and make him drop his drink," he ordered.

The little girl stared at him inquiringly and he muttered, "Just do it." She gave a cheeky grin and swirled her side pony tail. Tapping her Sketchers cladded feet, she raised a hand. The little girl raised one eyebrow suggestively, and he sighed as took out his wallet. "Here, 10 bucks." She smirked widely as she scampered off. He watched as she managed to "clumsily" crash into Brent, causing the drink to fall and make a slippery mess.

"Sorry!" she apologized sweetly before running off, giving a quick thumbs up to him. Kyle grinned in success when his eyes rolled over in shock. Emily was now wiping the stain off his shirt and his pants in a very compromising position. Like hell would he let Emily rub her hands all over some random guy.

Irked, he called over the girl again. She bounced over and stuck her hand out. He gave her a 20 dollar bill. That girl was making some serious bank today. "Go to that guy, and wipe the stain off and make sure she doesn't touch him!" He steamed, not bothering to take his eyes off of them.

The girl giggled mischievously and ran off. Kyle watched secretly as she ran to Brent and started wiping off the stain while motioning Emily away.

xx

Even though she was surprised, Emily went back to her seat without a word and watched the little girl wipe the stain off carefully. She was cute with her polka dotted skirt and Tangled shirt, and her body oozed of energy. Even while wiping the stain off, her feet were bouncing up and down the floor.

When the little girl left Emily teased him. "Someone must have a crush on you."

He laughed. "I'm not surprised," he mockingly posed. "But what makes you say that?"

She made a mocking gesture of deep thought, "hmm, maybe because the way she knocked into you was so obviously planned, and she tried so hard to wipe that coffee stain off. And I daresay she's watching you right now." She gave a sly smile, motioning towards the little girl.

Brent casually turned around to see that she was staring at him and when he winked at her, she flushed red and hid behind her mother's skirt. He laughed. "Cute girl."

Emily clucked her tongue dramatically. " Oh no, is it possible that I am friends with a pedophile? Have you really sunken to a new low?"

He snorted as he shoved her. She shoved him back, harder. He rolled his eyes and she sheepishly grinned. Even if Brent was obnoxious, too flirty for his own good, and utterly devilish, she couldn't help but care for him. After all, he and she were the only two children who managed to survive the initiation process of the Flaming Dragons. Plus, he was a brilliant right hand man. Well, at least until she left. Now, she didn't know what he was up to. Her thoughts wandered back to the Flaming Dragons and wondered exactly what happened after the day she left.

"How are things there, anyways?"

"Things, where?" He said slowly unsure if she really meant to bring up the gang.

"You know where," she sighed.

Surprised but determined, he answered her immediately, "Hard. The gang is still powerful, but with the new Boss, we've been involved in way too many unnecessary fights and have caused major tension amongst the other gangs in the area."

Of course. With David's notorious temper, there was no way that the Flaming Dragons would have a peaceful time.

"There might be a fight sooner or later. David's waging war with people we can't handle. He needs someone. He needs you to pacify him. Come back," there was a hint of begging in his voice and Emily curled her fingers into a tight fist.

"Stop it, Brent. You know I won't ever go back. Not with what he did, and not with what I want," she sighed, her lips tight in resolution.

Brent bit his lips. He knew it. He knew even back when they were still in the small field. Sometimes, when Emily let her guard down, she'd tell him things like her real name, her hopes, her dreams, and sometimes even the mere idea of being normal. Although Emily passed it off as a joke, he knew she was serious. He knew that all she wanted was to be a normal girl again, which he couldn't understand. She was the strongest, the brightest, the most loved by the boss, and she wanted to be normal? Even now, he couldn't understand her. Her position was a privilege in the underworld.

"Please, Brent. Please leave me be," she smiled sadly at him and he felt his arms go slack. He gently squeezed her shoulder, "Alright."

xx

Kyle watched them and felt something plummet inside. They looked happy and he was being a lame ass by watching them secretly. Heaving a sigh, he decided. He'll leave. He turned back ignoring the lump in his throat and walked down the crowded aisles. He passed by the bathroom when he heard something that made him pause in his steps.

"Brent's in here. He was with a girl. Let's get him."

"Make sure to keep him alive, we want him for information."

"You know who the girl is?"

"Kind of familiar. Not sure."

"Whatever. Lets get both of them and run."

Kyle who had stalled to listen now turned around quickly and grabbed one by the shoulder.

"Where do you think you're going?" Kyle snarled challengingly.

"Why don't you mind your own business?" The hoodlum spat back angrily.

"The moment you mess with my girl, it becomes my business," he seethed.

They gave each other a confused look before brushing past him when Kyle grabbed one and shoved him to the floor.

"You ass!" Angered, they jumped forward and Kyle swiftly dodged it. With agile movement, he grabbed the mop which was leaning onto the drinking fountain and used it to hit all four men hard on the head. For a moment they were suspended, and a dazed look swept passed their eyes before knocking head first onto the ground. Stupid assholes were trying to cause a fight in a national monument, the security's going to get here soon. Ignoring the scared looks from the surrounding civilians, he left the building and went back to his house where he immediately started brooding about Emily.

xx

"Bacon." He picked up the now chubby brown rabbit, and stared into her pitch black eyes. "What should I do?"

Bacon noiselessly chewed on her carrot while wiggling in his grasp. Kyle nodded agreeably. "Yeah, I know that was stupid. Why do I always behave like such an idiot around her?" He flailed his legs wildly.

Bacon squirmed around a little more before tickling Kyle's finger with her wet nose.

"I know. But I don't know what to do," he muttered.

The bunny started hopping around a bit.

"Impress her? With what?"

Kyle laughed. "Talent? I don't have one. I'm good at everything."

He sighed. "One special talent I can show off? Hmm..."

"Oh. You want me to call her now?" He shook his head. Kyle put Bacon back down and plopped down onto his bed. "Wouldn't that be too desperate?"

xx

Emily was in the middle of taking a photo of Brent when her phone screen showed a message alert. An unknown number?

"Did you take it?" Brent called out.

"Not yet!" She hurriedly opened the message. Was it from someone from work?

I got in2 trouble. Home.

Emily read the message and it was as though an alarm triggered in her brain. This had to be Kyle. Only he'd get into trouble on a perfectly normal afternoon for most people. What could have happened now? Another fight? Hastily shutting the phone, she hastily mumbled a bye and an apology to Brent before running out.

"Kyle?" She called out loudly as she raced into his bedroom, panting hard after climbing three stories of stairs. "Are you alright?"

She nearly fell over when she saw him.

"You're here?" He lazily asked not even bothering to look away from his DS.

Huffily, she grabbed the DS and glared at him. "Trouble my-" She paused "butt. Why'd you text me something like that? I had to leave Brent by himself!"

Kyle gave her a long, lethargic stare. "So. I really was in trouble."

"How?" She asked irritably.

"I was facing a gym leader, but my last Pokemon was really close to fainting," he shrugged.

She glared down at him. "Really? That's why you called me over?"

"What?" He asked innocently. "You're supposed to help me out when I'm in trouble. Clearly, you are incompetent at that task seeing that I ended up losing anyway."

Seeing that she was not at all appeased, he gave a dramatic sigh. "Fine then." He dropped the magazine and stood up. "Since you're here already. I'll make it up to you."

She looked at him suspiciously. "No need. I have to get going. Brent is probably still waiting for me."

"Patience, young grasshopper. First, open this," he threw her a box which she deftly caught.

"What is it?" She asked.

"Just open it," he groaned, giddy at her reaction.

"She peeled the wrapping paper to see the word "Apple" embossed in glossy silver letters in a white box.

"No, Kyle you did not just get me--"Yes, I did! My number's already in there set as a favorite." He grinned widely. "Don't use that ancient relic anymore and get with the times."

"Kyle, I can't accept this," Emily muttered.

"Too bad, no give backs!" He smirked. "I already destroyed the reciept and if you leave it here, it's gonna dust up and become a total waste. If I were you I'd just keep it."

Emily slowly took out the sleek white phone and pressed the circular button at the bottom when she blanched. "Your face! Why the hell is your face my wallpaper?"

He grinned toothily back at her. "You like? I wasn't sure if I should set it as my abs or a full body photo, but I thought that you'd rather have something like that private... so I set that as your home screen wallpaper."

She rolled her eyes, "First thing I'm going to do is change my wallpaper!"

"So you're keeping it?" He beamed.

"You left me with no choice. There's Emily Schuster engraved on the back, you doofus," she sighed.

"Oh, I forgot about that apart," he smirked.

"Anyways, Emily, take me to the best skate park in New York. I'll show you just how awesome I am."

xx

Kyle was deadpanned. His skateboard clattered to the floor and he looked at the scene dumbfounded. Was she serious?

"Emily this isn't a skate park this is a skate rink," he took in the giant icy stadium where pop music was blasting and kids were skating away.

Emily grabbed her pair of ice skates before gazing curiously at him. "I didn't know there was a difference."

This was bad. Kyle looked at the people who were skating around the ice rink easily and he looked down at his custom designed vans.

"Come on!" Emily declared excitedly. "Show me how awesome you are! I'm so glad you suggested this, I really wanted to try this!"

Kyle felt himself perk up. "It's your first time?"

She nodded. "I never really had the time."

Great. Since she's a beginner it'll be easy to impress her.

He slowly removed his skater shoes and pulled on the skates hoping for the best. Emily was already eagerly entering the ice rink, and he gave her a seemingly confident smile.

Sorry for updating so late! Busy with AP studying! Did anyone else take the APUSH test? Hope it went well for you, I hope I got a 5! Hah! And oh gosh, Kyle, he's a lot more childish than expected hmm? I kind of want him to be a different kinda "bad ass" not the usual broody, cold ones but one with more of a unique personality! Anyways, reviews would be appreciated(:

xoxo

Stellarsecrets

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

231K 5.6K 60
Anyone could tell you that they're complete opposites. The handsome as hell reserved boy who you would never catch doing trivial things. The gorgeous...
9.6K 345 88
| COMPLETE | [this is the first draft of my story. so, if there's grammatical mistakes and continuity errors, i apologize and i will be editing in th...
5.4K 198 21
Novella 1: Martina Marino has spent her entire life being the "good one" amongst her famous mafia family. As the youngest daughter of the boss of Chi...
632K 5.3K 8
Kennedy Carmichael never kisses strangers, let alone arrogant foreign exchange students from the UK but when her ex-boyfriend shows up to Hilton Prep...