Defeated

By TashaPageWriting

In a town controlled by fear, Indianna is trying to find a way to survive. The only goal is to take down Rogu... More

I- Tai
II- Indianna
III- Introductions
IV- Letters To Him
VI- Punishment
VII- Fight
VIII- We're Werewolves
IX- You Really Shouldn't Have Come To This Town
X- Kick
XI- Girl Talk
XII- A Plan?
XIII- Lone Wolf
XIV- Secrets
XV- Gender
XVI- Revenge
XVII- Rules
XVIII- Grave
XIX- Cry
XX- Dinner
XXI- Blood
XXII- Rogue's Order
XXIII- Oscar's Old Pack
XXIV- Claws
XXV- Hey Sugar
XXVI- Mate bond?
XXVII- Reward
XXVIII- Greyson's Back
XXIX- "You Lost My Mate"
XXX- Brooke's Secret
XXXI- Lily
XXXII- Brandon's Heartbreak
XXXIII- Eight Weeks To Get Rid of Rogue
XXXIV- Alec
XXXV- The Map
XXXVI- Preparations
XXXVII- Christmas Dinner
XXVIII- Greyson's Sacrifice
XXXIX- Trust
XL - Wish For Death
XLI- Day One

V- Rogue

38.8K 1.7K 827
By TashaPageWriting

Thanks for the cover @Rated_EG ! I love it !

*

Indianna walked into school with Brooke, neither of them were in good moods today, but whereas it was obvious with Indianna, Brooke still tried to fake it and pretend she was fine.

I fell down the stairs- That was what Brooke was telling people if anyone asked why she had a black eye and her arm in the cast. I tripped and just fell, silly me, she was going to say.

Brooke had dark bags under her eyes, most of the people that lived in the pack house did. They had been kept awake the whole night by Brooke's screaming.

No one blamed her. She couldn't help her nightmares. She wasn't choosing to relive her darkest days.

Harry had been by Brooke's side the whole night. Comforting her when the nightmares finally woke her and calming her down.

Ace had gone to Greyson's room, limping slightly. His injuries were still healing. Greyson's room was where Indianna now slept, wrapped in one of his jumpers. She was wide awake, holding an envelope in her hand. Ace didn't question it when she hid it quickly under the pillow.

"Hey," he had said.

"Can't sleep?" Indianna asked, pushing her brown hair from her face.

Ace shook his head. "I wanted to ask you something," he said.

"Ask what?"

Ace took a deep breath. "Where is his grave?"

Indianna froze. Ace waited a few tense minutes before she turned to him. "It's not hard to miss," she said quietly. "It's in the back garden, under the oak tree."

"I wish I could have been there," Ace murmured. "At the funeral. I wish I could have seen him one last time."

"You wouldn't have wanted to see him," Indianna said, closing her eyes, trying to forget the last image she had of Greyson.

"I would, just one last look at my best friend-"

"No," Indianna said sharply. "Rogue... Rogue defiled him, Ace! He tore him to shreds! All that was left of Greyson was flesh and bones! You wouldn't have wanted to see him like that."

"But you did. You saw him like that."

"I didn't want to go," Indianna whispered. "As soon as I saw his body I fled. He was unrecognisable. I've not been to his grave since."

"I'm so sorry, Indie," Ace sighed. "I can't imagine what it's been like for you."

"I hope you never have to experience what I have. When you find your mate, you cherish her and love her more than you have ever loved anything in the world," Indianna said and looked up at Ace with teary eyes. "Promise me?"

"Of course," Ace promised.

"Indie!" Brooke said, breaking Indianna from her trance.

"S-sorry," Indianna said and shook her head. "I zoned."

"It's fine," Brooke smiled. "I'm sorry about last night. I feel awful for keeping everyone aw-"

"Don't," Indianna said. "No one blames you. We're just glad you're okay."

"I don't know if I ever will be," Brooke murmured. "Not really."

Indianna took Brooke's hand. "Neither do I."

"B-Brooke!" Brooke tensed when Brandon walked up to her, his eyes wide. Raiden, Tai's brother was by his side. "God, Brooke, what happened!"

Brooke took a step back from Brandon. "He happened," was all Brooke said before turning round and walking away, pulling Indianna with her.

They met everyone else at Kal's locker. Indianna smiled slightly when she saw Kal and Kimberly hand in hand.

Brooke walked over to Harry and lied when he asked if she was alright. He narrowed his eyes at her and shook his head.

Indianna leaned back against the lockers and her eyes looked across from her. The metal locker had a dent in it. Greyson had punched it once.

It was still unoccupied. It was still his locker.

Indianna looked to the locker on the left and saw Tai opening it. A flyer fell out of it and landed near Indianna, but Ace beat her to it when she went to pick it up.

"You dropped this," Ace said, walking up to Tai.

It was a flyer for a Christmas fair. Christmas was for celebrating, family and happiness.

Indianna didn't have much happiness in her life.

"Thanks," Tai muttered and snatched the flyer from Ace, scrunched it up and chucked it in her locker.

"Tai!" Brooke called. "This is Ace! He's been ill for a while, but he's better now."

"Barely," Harry muttered.

"You're the one who woke up," Tai said, repeating what was said the day before.

"I was in a coma," Ace explained.

"That's shit."

"Quite peaceful actually," Ace said. "It's nice to meet you, Tai."

"Is it?" Kimberly asked.

"Yes," Ace nodded. "Brooke tells me you have a brother."

"Yeah, a twin," Tai said, answering Ace's question before she could stop herself. She didn't tend to tell people much about herself. She coughed and shut her locker.

"He's friends with Brandon," Brooke said quietly.

Tai shrugged her shoulders and finally noticed Brooke's injuries. "What happened?"

"Fell down the stairs," Brooke lied, "silly me."

"That's not clever," Tai said.

"She's always been a clutz," Kal said. Kimberly rolled her eyes, and Indianna was surprised when she didn't make a comment. Kimberly opened her mouth, but took another look at Brooke with her cast and black eye and pressed her lips together, deciding on a not so nice look instead.

"Right, well, bye," Tai said.

"See you around?" Ace said as Tai turned.

"Yeah, sure, whatever," she shrugged and walked off.

"Rejected!" Kal sang.

"I need to touch her," Ace said suddenly.

"Woah there, I know you've been unconscious for a month and all, but I'm sure I can find a magazine that will calm your urges," Kal said quickly. "And a sock."

"You're disgusting," Kimberly muttered.

"No, I..." Ace sighed. "Never mind."

*

"What do you think?" Indianna said to Ace. "Of Tai?"

"She... She doesn't seem dangerous," Ace said, his eyes going to Tai who was seated in the middle of the classroom on her phone, completely ignoring the teacher.

"She's not very open," Indianna murmured.

"Neither were you when we first met," Ace pointed out. "Neither was Kimberly. We don't know her reasons."

"That's true," Indianna nodded. "What do you think we should do?"

"Find out if they're aware of us," Ace said. "They've not made it known they are werewolves. Find that out then discuss the next move."

"If they're not aware, then we approach them?" Indianna said.

"Yes."

"And if they are aware?"

"We still approach them. We just might not be as welcoming," Ace shrugged.

Indianna nodded. "Janson is worried," she said quietly. "Rogue wants his pack. And I don't think Janson is willing to give it up."

"Rogue will slaughter them," Ace frowned. "The only way for them to survive is if they surrender to him. Janson can still be in charge, but under Rogue's rule."

"He has us all under his thumb," Indianna groaned. "There's no way out of this."

"There will be," Ace said. "Greyson would want us to figure it out."

"Well Greyson isn't here!" Indianna snapped. "Sorry," she said quickly and sighed. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to snap."

"It's fine."

"I'll talk to Rogue tonight," Indianna said suddenly.

"Indie, are you-"

"I'll persuade him to not hurt Janson's pack if they agree to do what we are doing," Indiana said. "Rogue will be in charge, but Janson will still be the Alpha."

"Are you sure that's wise?"

Indianna nodded. "I also need to find something out."

"What?"

"My mother. She's alive, but I need to know how alive she is."

Ace frowned. "What do you mean?"

"Rogue didn't kill her, but it doesn't mean he didn't do anything else to her."

"I was told you didn't care about Iris."

"I don't," Indianna said hurriedly. "But she is my mother... I just need to know."

"Okay," Ace nodded. "I think you should take someone with you."

"No," Indianna said. "I'll be fine alone. I'll go alone."

*

Indianna stood at the end of the road. Now that she knew Rogue lived down it, it seemed dark and gloomy, when before she had liked it.

Her eyes landed on her old house and she sighed. She hadn't lived there for long, but she missed it. Indianna remembered Rogue poisoning her old home and shuddered, missing it slightly less.

Indianna saw Rogue before she entered the house. He was walking across the road and Indianna followed his gaze and raised her eyebrows when she saw Tai and Raiden parking their car in front of the house opposite Indianna's old one.

"Oh no," she whispered. Out of all the places two new werewolves could move... They chose here.

"Hello, neighbours!" Rogue called cheerily, startling Tai and Raiden as they walked towards their front door.

Indianna picked up her pace and Rogue looked over his shoulder when he heard Indianna walking over to him. "Ah, Indianna, come meet my new neighbours."

Indianna stiffened and stood stiffly next to Rogue. She forced a smile at Tai who nodded.

"Do you know each other?"

"They go my school."

"Ah, yes, Stacy told me about some new students," Rogue nodded. "I'm Jason, it's a pleasure to meet you."

Indianna noticed Rogue discreetly sniffing the air. He glanced to Indianna and raised his eyebrows.

"This is Tai and Raiden," Indianna filled in. "Brother and sister."

Rogue looked them up and down. "Now, you don't look to friendly," he smiled and nodded to Tai. "Very pretty, but very dark."

Tai crossed her arms over her shoulders. "Stop staring at me, creep."

"Tai!" Raiden hissed.

Rogue tensed and Indianna groaned internally. "Jason, I need to talk to you-"

"Not now, sister," Rogue snapped. "I'm currently busy."

"Sister? Brandon didn't tell me you had a brother," Raiden said to Indianna and she frowned at him.

"Brandon shouldn't be telling you anything about me-"

"Sister, when will your petty feud with Brandon end," Rogue tutted. "It's quite stupid actually."

Indianna opened her mouth to protest, but thought better not too.

Rogue smirked to himself. "So you've made friends with Brandon Fox?" Rogue questioned.

Raiden nodded.

"Good, you don't want to get involved with the wrong sorts in this town," Rogue said and looked to Tai. "What about you, Tai? Who have you made friends with."

"Tai isn't a people person," Raiden said.

"You must have spoken to some people," Rogue urged.

Tai glanced at Indianna.

"Ah, my sister and her friends," Rogue nodded and Indianna froze when Rogue slung his arm over her shoulder, his hand on her arm.

His hand that had killed her father. Raped and abused Brooke. Killed Cassie. Scarred her.

And killed Greyson.

"My sister knows that I don't approve of her friends," Rogue said.

"They seem nice," Tai shrugged.

"Not everyone is as they seem," Rogue said and Indianna wanted to roll her eyes at the irony. "Well, it was lovely meeting you two. I'll see you around, neighbours." Rogue turned on his heel and pulled Indianna with him.

"I-"

"Werewolves," Rogue said. "When were you going to tell me, sister?"

"Yesterday," Indianna lied. "But you didn't really give me the chance."

Rogue sent her a look. "They didn't seem to sense that I was a werewolf," Rogue said. "Keep an eye on them, inform me of any changes. I shall put Brandon on it as well."

"Okay," Indianna said quietly.

"So, my mate isn't happy with you. She's rather upset. Do you know why?" Rogue asked as he entered his house. Indianna stopped on the threshold and stared inside. It seemed so familiar yet so foreign.

"No," Indianna said as she forced herself to step inside.

"You're avoiding her."

"I'm not," Indianna lied. She was. After what happened in the changing rooms she avoided Stacy at all costs.

"What have I told you about lying?" Rogue snapped. "We wouldn't want a repeat of poor Brooklyn now would we?"

Indianna lowered her gaze. "No," she muttered, and added "sorry."

"Why are you avoiding my mate?"

"I... I don't know," Indianna said. "I just... I don't talk to many people."

"You'd think now Greyson was gone and not keeping you by his side constantly you'd talk to more people," Rogue tutted and Indianna wanted to kill him. She couldn't stand his name coming from Rogue's lips. She couldn't stand his name being said at all really. "Oh, that's not a nice look, little sister. You do know your mate tried to attack me, I was only defending myself."

"You didn't have to kill him!" Indianna yelled, surprising herself and Rogue. "You said you wouldn't kill him! You said it could kill me as well!"

"I lied. I took a chance. Clearly you are alive, little sister. It was a chance well taken," Rogue shrugged.

Indianna stared at him with an open mouth. He had no remorse. "He was my mate! He is my mate!" She exclaimed, her voice cracking. "And I'm your sister! How could you do that to me!"

"You're better without him," Rogue said dismissively.

"No! I'm not! I'm destroyed without him! I don't ever want to leave my house, I don't ever want to talk to people, I never want to do anything! I just want Greyson!" She cried. "And that's your fault!"

"You're blaming me for your social awkwardness?" Rogue raised an eyebrow. His tone wasn't friendly. He didn't appreciate Indianna yelling at him.

"You killed the only person I would ever love. How would you feel Stacy was killed?" Indianna asked quietly.

"Why are you here, sister?" Rogue snapped.

"Janson's pack," Indianna said.

"Ah, that Alpha is very stubborn. That didn't turn out well for you," Rogue said and tutted.

"Don't hurt them," Indianna pleaded. "If I can get them to agree to the same terms as us, will you leave them unharmed? They will lead the pack, but under your rule?"

Rogue pursed his lips and crossed his arms over his chest. "I was rather hoping there might be a little bloodshed."

"Please," Indianna whispered.

"Why should I leave them unharmed?"

"Because you've already hurt me so much, please don't do it again."

Rogue raised his eyebrows. "Don't try and manipulate me, little sister. Are you dead? No. Whatever I do to you doesn't matter as long as you are able to stand in front of me like you are today."

"Jason!" Indianna gasped. "Please do this one thing."

Rogue crossed his arms over his chest. "Don't say I never do anything for you, sister. If they disagree, I will slaughter them."

*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

244K 11.1K 59
**COMPLETED** ( Book 2, can be read as stand alone. )Conceived from a brutal rape, Betsi was hidden from the true world she belonged to. Her father...
140K 3.7K 30
Haley is a shy girl who became mute after her parents were murdered. She lives with her childhood neighbors who have to move to a different state. Wi...
2.5K 154 30
Mates are something that comes naturally with being a Lycan. When your an alpha it becomes even more important. Two alphas, two packs and one bond, w...
20.2M 720K 86
"She's shy," Brooke shrugged, glancing at Indianna who looked like she wanted to be anywhere but in the classroom. "Well, come on, I don't bite," Gre...