The Demon They Once Feared. {...

By Barry-The-Berry

When something is broken, can it ever be fixed to how it was before? BOOK 2 OF MY FIRST FANFIC! Also possible... More

Disclaimer & Copyright.
|1| The Half Moon.
|2| Full Names.
|3|Nightmares Are Just Memories?
|4|Ramen!
|6|Weakness.
|7|Ice Pops!
|8|First Mission.
|9| Red.
|10| Talking.
|11|Bye bye~
|12| Happy Rain.
|13| Long Time No See.
|14|Here We Go Again.
|15|Reasons. (CrossOver!)
|16| Late.
|17|Surprise!
|18| The Least I can Do.
|19|Those Eyes.
|20|"Leave My Name Engraved into History!"
|21| It Never Comes From Your Enemies.
|22| Loran.
Aurhors note
|23| Broken Dam
|24| Resolution
|25|Falling Into Place.
|26|Troublesome

|5| Alias?

1.2K 40 23
By Barry-The-Berry

"Why are you attacking my friends?" She growled. Void black eyes glared sideways at the pale, black-haired male. Pressing the three-bladed kunai closer to his neck, his back against Mina's inner thy, she leaned on him, hoping he wouldn't notice it was from fatigue (if he did he didn't care to show it). She was behind the boy, on a higher part of the roof, enabling her to crouch behind him, holding him in place.

Large black and white lions continued to attack the three boys below the roof, somewhat blinding them from what was going on. The boy ignored her question and smiled an obviously fake smile. "So you're The Bloody Flash, quite a nice alias," He spoke in a mocking tone.

"What are you talking about?" She demanded, furrowing her eyebrows. The black in her eyes disappeared, as a look of confusion crossed her facial features. But even if her facial expression changed, the position she was in didn't change, in fact, she put the kunai closer, so it was touching his pale neck, ready to be sliced if needed.

"Have you not seen the latest edition of the bingo book?" He asked, going to reach into his ninja pouch, but Mina stopped him. "I'm only getting the book out, no need to be so on guard." He chuckled with no humour.

With narrow eyes, Mina allowed him to grab the little book. He flipped it to a double page where there was one person on each side of the page. One picture was blurry but a female figure with red hair stood among something that wasn't clear. There was information below the picture most of it unknown.

Her violet eyes widened as she scanned the page of a clear description of her, only with things she didn't recognise. The person on the next page was one she recognised almost instantly, although she didn't remember his name, the long green hair and pale grey eyes were distinguishable.

The lions of ink disappeared, dropping into small puddles of the black liquid. A blob of yellow hair appeared at the edge of the roof. And in the instant her brother jumped up to the roof, she was gone. Her speed was blinding to people around her, making it easier for her switch places with the clone that she had placed when she stealthily attacked that male.

~~~

"Why are you still wearing your brother's clothes?" The brown haired Chunin asked tilting her head to the side, chewing on a stick of dango. The whiskered girl set the cup of tea on the table that stood between the two girls, she rested her hands on the wood, still holding onto the cup.

A grin made its way to the Uzumaki's face, her eyes crinkling closed. "My clothes got wrecked and my old ones don't fit me, but my brothers do!" She laughed at the end of her short explanation, she then took a sip of the green tea before asking her teammate a question. "So, where's Etsuko?"

"OH!" Chiyumi's eyes brightened at the mention of her friend's name. "For a while now, she had been travelling to the Sand and back, so my guess is that she's there!" She explained, chewing on another stick of dango. "I dunno why, though."

Mina's usual grin turned mischievous when a small flashback of a time during the churning exams, where the blue-haired girl had changed expressions for once. "Oh no," The brown haired girl breathed, "you've got that glint in your eyes."

"Maybe~" Mina started in a mocking and teasing voice, "she got a boyfriend, ya know.~" She leaned her elbows on the table, covering the cheeky grin on her face with both hands. "which reminds me," Chiyumi stopped breathing at the point Mina's violet eyes met with her brown ones. "Who was the boy you were walking with?"

Chiyumi let out a breath she was holding in anticipation, "That was Neji!" She smiled.

"THAT WAS NEJI!?" Mina shouted, shocked. The cup clattered on the table as it fell over spilling the contents over the table, the chair she was sitting on fell over with the sudden jump. She quickly picked up the chair and sat herself down, apologising to the disturbed people.

"Hush!" Chiyumi scolded waving her hand down to indicate the volume change. "Yes, that was Neji!" She smiled again, throwing the stick where dango was previously stuck on, onto the plate, besides the other sticks.

"Oya, oya, oya~!" Mina grinned once again, making strange sounds with a somewhat creepy grin on her face, wiggling her eyebrows. She made eye contact with Chiyumi, silently asking her a question. The grin never left her face.

"Yes."

She tried. Mina tried so hard to keep in that extremely girly squeal. But alas, she stomped her feet on the ground quietly, covering her mouth with both hands, letting out an immensely loud squeal. Red cheeks were clear on Chiyumi's face, unexpecting to the reaction of her teammate.

A tap on Mina's shoulder brought her out of her fangirling. She looked up to the males figure next to her. She raised an eyebrow, looking curiously at the teen. "Yes?" She asked, tilting her head to the side.

"Hey Mina," The slightly deep voice came from the teen. She blinked, wondering who this man was.

"Ugh...." Furrowing her eyebrows, she took a quick scan of the boy. "I don't know who you are but, DAMN! You hot!~" The black-haired man stood awkwardly, blood rushing to his cheeks as he glanced anywhere but Mina's whiskered face.

"It's me, Hideki-" Before he could even finish his sentence, Mina had stood up once again in shock.

"WHAT?! NO~!" She denied, taking a walk around the taller male. He nodded, a smile breaking out on his face. "But you're b-b-beautiful!" She exclaimed, furrowing her eyebrows once again.

"You really are stupid, Tomato."

She gasped dramatically, taking a step back and placing a hand on her heart. "Hey~! Don't Call me that!" The black haired boy simply laughed and ruffled her hair.

~~~

"So," He spoke without any enthusiasm, "Why am I here again?" He looked up to meet the violet eyes of Mina. She gave him an innocent smile, before going back to what she was doing before.

"There's been so many 'why's' asked today." She muttered pushing another couple hangers to the side, scanning the next piece of clothing.

"I have a lot more," He responded mirroring her actions, "Like, why did you ditch me at the festival a couple years ago?"

She froze when the question was asked, but playing it cool, she ignored his question and answered the other one. "You're here to help me get a new outfit since the other one has disintegrated."

The taller teen sighed in annoyance, pink staining his cheeks when he saw her eyes brighten when she found a piece of clothing. "How about this?" She asked with a grin, showing up a piece of orange fabric. It was almost the same shade of orange that her brother always wore, a sleeveless jacket-type thing, that stopped at her hip.

"You Uzumaki like wearing orange," Hideki sweatdropped.

Mina simply shrugged, a small smirk on her lips as a mischievous glint appeared in her eyes. "It's the perfect mix," With a wink, the duo haired girl moved to another rack of clothing, looking for something to match on her lower half.

The boy spluttered for a comeback, shocked with the sudden wink. With another sigh, he followed the girl to the opposite side of the rack containing different clothing, mainly for bottoms. "You'll get wrinkles if you keep sighing," She said not looking at him, with the usual grin on her face.

"Idiot," he muttered, not bothering to retaliate.

There was a silence between them, thoughts running through both of their heads. Hideki having the more humanly confusing thoughts while Mina, she was fighting an internal war. There was a sudden pounding on her brain, giving her a migraine, she winced ever so slightly.

"What about this?" He asked holding up a pair of simple black shorts. There weren't any pockets, they were simple after all. But most of all the looked comfortable and easy to move in. She nodded a firm nod, taking the shorts he passed to her. Small talk broke the slightly awkward silence between them, as they made their way to the cashier. And on the way there, she grabbed a couple of pairs of long, toeless, black socks.

The cashier was an elderly woman who smiled fondly at the young man, "Buying new clothes for your girlfriend?" She teased, winking at the tall black haired teen. He froze in his spot, face burning, he spluttered for a response.

"I-it's nothing l-l-l-" Before the boy could embarrass himself more, the short Uzumaki popped up from behind him, holding a pair of new black ninja sandals.

"Almost forgot these!" She chirped putting them on the counter along with the other clothes, her grin widening. "Your face is red, Ya know?" She commented innocently, tilting her head to the side. She shrugged once she got no response from the taller teen, then turned to the elderly woman. "How much for all of it?"

The woman merely chuckled, smiling, she waved her hand in dismissal.

A fake smile.

The woman turned her gaze back to the red-magenta eyed boy, "he's already paid it."

"Oh?" Mina looked at Hideki with a questioning look, debating if he actually paid for it. With another shrug, she took her items and with a single hand sign, sealed them into her bracelet.

~~~

Nightmares are unpleasant and somewhat frightening dreams. They are usually false, your mind playing games with your spirit. But there are times someone claims to have a nightmare about the future, the present or the past. They only last until that person wakes up, and when that person wakes up from the horrifying dream, it disappears into nothingness. The memory of that nightmare suddenly goes.

Her eyes were wide, body shaking as she sat on her bed in the position she shot up from. Staring down at her hands, her violet iris' became small. Red, crimson liquid dripping down from her somewhat outstretched arms.

She brought her shaky hand to her head, gripping the sides of it as she let out a scream. Her brother instantly awoke, jumping out of his bed that was located in the same place years ago, across the room, opposite from where Mina's bed was located.

"What is it!?" The blond yelled in a volume louder than her screaming, grabbing her shoulders as she continued to shake uncontrollably.

"There's blood! NO! THERE'S BLOOD!" She screamed loudly trying to frantically wipe away the blood on her hands.

"MINA!" He called, pulling her small body into his firm one. With a strong hold on her, he whispered, "It's the red of your hair, there's no blood."

"......Hair?"

"Yes, it's the beautiful red of your hair." Naruto smiled into the side of her head. She relaxed more the longer she felt the comforting warmth of her brother. She buried her head into his chest, looking downwards, something catching her eyes.

"N-naruto?" She muttered loud enough for him to hear. He hummed in response, urging for her to continue. She pushed him away quickly, a playful horrified look on her face. Mina put a hand on her heart, mocking being hurt. "You're a disgrace!" She exclaimed pointing at Naruto's feet. "HOW COULD YOU? Wearing sock when sleeping?!" She gasped dramatically, "HOW ARE WE SIBLINGS!?"

"HEY!" The blonde, whiskered boy yelled in protest and slight anger. A comeback at the ready, he was about to shoot it at her, though her laughter stopped him from doing so. A grin broke out on his face as he looked at the girl fondly.

"No but seriously, take them off," Mina said with a large amount of seriousness, sliding out of the bed. "I'm going to get a glass of water," She informed walking out of the room. The male-only nodded and went back to bed.

She stood in their small kitchen, staring blankly at the clear water in the class. It was half empty, she noted. Though was it really? Maybe it was half full, but she saw that it was half empty. After a small while of silently staring at it, she set it down on the counter with a small clink.

She unclenched her fist, letting two balls of crumpled paper bounce out. She picked up the first one and opened it up.

'Daisuke, originally one of Orochimaru's right-hand men. Now apart of her Akatsuki. Has Long green hair and pale grey eyes.'

Was the short description of under the picture of the man. Pieces of puzzles joined together as she realised who the man that attacked her was. She threw the piece of paper in the bin behind her when she was done looking at it, then she moved onto the next one.

A blurry image, of what looked a lot like Mina herself, though all of the hair was red, that much was noticeable. 'Name is unknown, where she came from is also unknown, age: unknown. Alias, The Bloody Flash due to the amount of bloodshed in 'a blink of an eye'. The woman was seen murdering a number of people, a lot of them having Akatsuki rings on their fingers, they must have been hired to kill the woman. All in vain.'

Her eyes narrowed, taking in the information that clearly was describing herself. She crumpled the paper again and threw it in the bin along with the other one.

With an intake of a shaky breath, she walked slowly back to her room. That night she wasn't able to get another wink of sleep, her mind preoccupied with thoughts.

How can it be called a nightmare, if it doesn't leave her presence even if she's awake?

/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*

Ugh, well I think I made the thigh gap too big (boobs are wired too) but here's a pic of Mina's new outfit. The top has the Uzumaki symbol on the back. Deal with the fact that I'm not the best drawer, yes the netting on her left arm is strange, but just deal with it, at least you've got a visual of Mina's clothing.

I'll stop now.

Thanks for reading my book!

Barry-The-Berry~

Unedited, 27/10.17

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

549 41 32
Before you read this book, heavy cringe warning cause i wrote this when i wasnt even old enough to watch shippuden. I am however making a rewrite of...
9.3K 1.1K 101
A Naruto OC Fanfiction Series. 𝗢𝗻𝗳𝗲𝗿𝗻𝗼 | a large fire that is dangerously out of control. In the Shinobi world, it's the survival of the fitte...
4K 100 17
Mayumi wants to fix her past. But that's impossible right? All she wants is to be with her friends but they are all moving on. What will she do? Disc...
34.9K 1.7K 43
In a far off land lives Princesses, Princes, Kings and Queens. The land belongs to the Five Great Kingdoms- The Sunshine Kingdom belonging to the Uzu...