Night Watch

By Nitrospin

Forecast and Prediction must rid their city of evil before it consumes everything. COMPLETE! Apart of the "Ta... More

Part 1: Glows
Part 2: Neon
Part 4: Rage

Part 3: Focus

55 4 19
By Nitrospin

"She can't be that demon!" Cast yelled standing up and punching a nearby wall.

"Calm down, I didn't say she was. Something is blocking me from seeing, it's like something is targeting her." Kiya said holding her head from the strain her head went through.

"We have to go get her now!" Forecast said, running into a nearby room to put on his suit.

"We can't just run in blind! We don't even know what's doing this!" Kiya yelled trying to get through to him.

"It's a demon, we kill demons! That's all I need!" Cast yelled from the room next door.

"What if this isn't just a demon. What if this is a trap?" Kiya yelled.

"We'll handle it. Use your gift, what do you see?" Cast asked walking out of the room with his suit on.

"I see fragments, something is really fighting back." She strains harder. "I see red smoke, a two-horned red demon, a collapsing building, but I don't see Lucille." Kiya released her power before it was too much.

"Try not to fry your inhibitor, you won't be able to control all of your power," Forecast said, making sure her mask was still functioning.

"Stop treating me like a baby." She says as she pushes Cast's hands away from her helmet. "I still don't think it's such a good idea to go there."

"We have to, Kiya." He says with a stern voice.

"What do I know? I'm just a 17-year-old kid to you." She said under her breath while closing out of her research.

Forecast and Prediction got into the SUV and exited through the secret entrance.

"What was your recon mission?" Forecast asked speeding to the city.

"I know I can see events happen, but to experience something is a different thing you know," Kiya said smiling.

"What did you do?" Forecast asked sounding like a parent.

"Well, there's a club where some of the glows hang out so I went to check it out." She said, nervously smiling.

"Why didn't you tell me there was a nest of them and that you were going?" Forecast clutched the steering wheel tighter.

"Because you need a love life, you kind of seem lonely sometimes. I was going to tell you after your date." Kiya said looking out of the window, into the dark, well-lit city. "We can go after we help Lucille, I know where to find it."

"Let's hope helping her is as simple as taking her someplace safe." Forecast added, pushing the gas down even more.

"Is this her house?" Kiya asked, looking through the windshield slightly scared.

Lucille's white, two-story house was eclipsed by a red light that beamed and burned the grass. The door positioned on the left side of the house, which looked frail and chipped from top to bottom. Surrounding the house was a thick red mist that enhanced the red tint in the light.

"This looks like the devil's vacation home," Kiya said looking over at Cast who just stared back. "Too soon?"

Forecast parked the car two houses down. Since each house was about 50 feet apart that gave enough distance without the car being destroyed. They both ran to position themselves in front of the house.

"Do you hear that banging?" Forecast asked prediction.

Boom! Boom!

"Definitely hear it now," She said as both of them got into battle poses.

The front door shattered open and out came multiple 6-foot demons. They were ugly, all red and blue, with horns and no wings. They all stood in front of the house ready to attack.

"Time to have a little fun. You go right, I go left." Cast said smiling.

"Queue action music!" Prediction screamed right before both sides charged at each other.

Three demons charged at Prediction, punch by punch she dodged with ease. She stood on top of one of the demon's heads before she jumped off and kneed the next one in the mouth. She rolled after the knee to recover then pulled out three kunai in each hand.

"Here's a present for you!" She yells as she throws two in each demon. "Kaboom!" She screams out as the kunai explode killing the demons.

Forecast is throwing lightning left and right taking out demon after demon causing their hearts to explode.

"Take this!" Forecast yells out as he punches the ground causing thunder to erupt from the ground, throwing the demons into the air with lightning coursing through them.

"It's time to put the rest of you down!" Prediction yells as she closes her eyes, then throws five kunai in the air.

Predictions then jumps into the air kicking the kunai through the air going through 10 demons, killing them. "What a workout!" She says as she steps on the chest of a half-dead demon.

"I will rip you apart! You will be destroyed!" A demonic deep voice said within the house.

"Come face the same fate your helpless brothers did!" Predictions yelled.

The demon broke out of the front doorway. This demon was 8 feet tall, swirled horns, green with red energy surrounding him, and extremely bulky, easily 700 pounds of muscle.

"Wow, even demons don't know what overkill is." Prediction said pulling out more kunai knives.

"Let's cut him down to size!" Forecast said clinging his gauntlets together.

"Arrrrrgg!! I will use your skin for gloves!" The giant demon screeched while beating in his bulky chest.

Forecast shot a huge bolt of lightning at the demon as Prediction threw her explosive kunai, causing a smoke cloud to buy time.

"Predictions, you're up," Cast said smiling while charging a super lightning bolt.

Prediction closed her eyes to focus her power. She started to jolt lightening from her body. She opened her eyes, showing electrified pupils.

"Game on." She laughed softly, about to dash in.

Prediction lunged forward at the demon as fast as the eye could blink, closing the cap with ease. She punched the demon in his Steal hardened abs, pushing him slightly back.

"Rrrargh!! You will pay!" The enraged demon yelled.

The demon through his left arm trying to punch pre, but she moved out of the way as though is punches were in slow motion. She grabbed his arm and catapulted herself forward kicking him in the throat before palming the top of his head, causing him to fall to one knee. Prediction then stood eye to eye with him.

"You could live if you..." Predictions stopped as she knew she fell in his trap.

Sharp spine quills shot out of the demons body point blank from Prediction. Prediction reacted seamlessly dodging all of the quills except one.

"Ahhh! "Prediction yelled, stabbed in the shoulder by a quill.

"Hahahaha! Did you really think I wouldn't have something to stop you?" The demon laughed about to pick up Prediction.

"Hey bastard, here's something you'll really find funny!" Forecast yelled as he released his condensed, but super-charged lightning ball into the chest of the demon completely shocking the life out of it and causing the back of the demon to explode.

"I'm about to pass out, I think it's making me sleepy." Predictions squeezed out holding her shoulder on the ground.

"This is going to hurt," Cast said slightly charging his gauntlets.

"Wait let me sleep, you better not shock me." Prediction slowly closed her eyes.

Forecast placed his hands on Prediction's spiked shoulder and shocked her.

"Ahhh! Why!" Pre yelled out snapping out of her sleepiness.

"That's one sleep you wouldn't have woken up from," Cast says as he pulls the quill out of her.

Forecast helps her to her feet then he started to hear screams.

"Help me!! Help! Help! Please help me!" A terrified voice cried out.

"Lucille!" Forecast cries out running to the front door. As soon as he reaches the entrance, a huge explosion blew him back into the yard.

"Cast!" Prediction yelled out. "Get up!"

"Ahhhhhh! Burn!" A demonic female voice yelled out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.9M 916K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
223K 6.5K 61
ππ„πˆππ† 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐋𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐓 child of the Kamado family was no easy task. You took on chores with your mother, and soon enough, you had to take car...
29K 3.9K 39
˚✧ Protagonist˚✧ Gemini Kleverron "αž‡αŸαž˜αž˜αžΈαžŽαžΆαž™ αžƒαŸ’αž›αŸαžœαžœαžΎαžšαŸ‰αž“αž“αŸ" β™‘ Fourth Sydenzverd "αž αŸ’αžœαžΌαž αžŸαžΆαž™αžŒαŸαž“αžœαžΎαž" /////// β€’Hate to loveπŸ’…πŸ»?????
35.7K 1.9K 19
βœ©β™¬ β‚ŠΛš.πŸŽ§β‹†β˜Ύβ‹†βΊβ‚Šβœ§ βœ©β™¬ β‚ŠΛš.πŸŽ§β‹†β˜Ύβ‹†βΊβ‚Šβœ§ ✩ "Fight me, mismatched hair!" "Huh?! Who the hell are you calling mismatched, dumbass?!" "Shut up, Sumika and fight me...