1 | Wonderland • Harry Hook ✓

By RoyalHemmings

WONDERLAND |❝ Didn't it all seem new and exciting? I felt your arms twisting around me, I should have slept w... More

foreword
epigraph + playlist
zero
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
afterword
Alternate Ending
Sequal!

nine

4.2K 163 24
By RoyalHemmings

009 | ❝You need to realize that this isn't Auradon

🐇🐇🐇

Alessia was awoken by the bright sunlight hitting her eyes, an arm was rested around her waist making Alessia still and hold her breath. She could feel a warm breath hitting her cheek and when she turned her head she was surprised at how close she and Harry were. There noses were touching and if she wanted all she had to do was lean in to kiss him. Alessia shook her head at the thought. Harry let out a groan nuzzling his head closer to her neck his lips gently rubbing against her skin making her warm all over. Then, Harry's eyes slowly began to open and Alessia quickly closed her own to make it look like she was still sleeping.

Harry looked at Alessia's sleeping figure his arm tensing around her waist before he slowly pulled away thankful that she wasn't awake to have seen just how close they were. Letting out a sigh Harry took a seat on the edge of the roof looking over the Isle of the Lost. His thoughts were clouded with how warm Alessia had felt in his arm, but he tried to focus his thoughts on the robbery happening before him in the restaurant he had gone to get the sandwiches from. "Stop it Harry, stop it." He said to himself, after the talk he had with Alessia last night he was having new feelings he couldn't quite understand and there was no way he would be asking her about them.

Then there was a yell below him and movement behind him and Harry quickly turned to see Alessia sitting up looking in the direction that the yell came from. "What was that?" Alessia asked wrapping the blanket closer to herself. Harry licked his lips looking over his shoulder and then back at her shaking his head. "What's happening?"

"Nothing Alessia," Harry answered. "it's just best we don't go down there just yet." Alessia squinted her eyes in confusion before standing up and limping over to where Harry was sitting. From there she could see everything Harry could, including the robbery happening below them.

"Oh, those poor people." Alessia said with a frown. "They're taking all their well earned money we should go down there and help them."

Harry scoffed, "Are you crazy?" he asked.  "If we go down there they'll have our heads."

"And?" Alessia yelled out watching as some people pointed swords at a woman and her children while others took food and money from them. "It doesn't mean we should leave them to be robbed, the woman has children for crying out loud!"

Harry was growing annoyed his grip on his hook becoming tighter, "It doesn't matter!" he yelled out his face turning red making Alessia jump back and gasp when her bad foot hit the wall. "You live in your own perfect little world were these kinds of things don't happen but this is the Isle of the Lost, this is how life is and you better be prepared to take care of yourself or face the consequences because nobody will help you!" Harry yelled his voice cracking in the end. "You need to realize that this isn't Auradon, the only person you need to care about is yourself and no one else."

Alessia was now crying, she hadn't realized how terrible life on the Isle could be. "It's not fair! They're just children- they're just..." Alessia wrapped her arms around Harry bringing him into a hug, she didn't want to think about what his childhood was like because although Harry was bad she believed there must be good in him as well. He had been raised in a way that made him believe he had to watch his back at all times, he believed he had to lie, and cheat, and still to get what he wanted. They had lived such different lives and Alessia wished there was something she could do to help all the children of the Isle, just like King Ben and Evie had sent some children to school at Auradon Prep, she wished she could take them all- even Harry.

At first, Harry's arms were rested beside him but after a while he brought himself to raise them and wrap the around Alessia tightening his arms around her in a tight hug. He didn't want to let go of her, he didn't know what was wrong but he wanted to comfort the girl he wanted to stop her from crying because it hurt a part of him to hear her cry like that but another side was angry, angry that she was crying because she felt sorry for the kids of the Isle. Harry wanted to cry but he couldn't, he couldn't bring himself to do something that was viewed as a weakness so instead he hugged her, he hugged her so tight he could feel himself feeling better. "We should go. There's no use in crying over something you can't change." He said after a while in a firm voice pulling away from Alessia to pack up their things. Alessia put her jacket on and then the backpack before jumping onto Harry's back.

Neither of them said anything further, instead they stayed quiet as Harry climbed down the stairs slowly so that Alessia wouldn't fall off his back. Once they were on the ground Harry started walking towards the restaurant to see if they had any food left that they could eat, if not they would just use the bathroom to freshen up. Going into the restaurant a little bell rang signaling a new customer, the woman was behind the counter cleaning while her two children where sat at a table playing. "All we have are bread and cheese." The lady said watching as Harry set Alessia down in a chair by a table.

"I'll take a grill cheese." Alessia said with a smile, the woman looked at her in confusion. "Well, both had one."

"What in the heck is a grill cheese?" The woman asked putting her hands on her waist, her kids walked over to Alessia taking a seat in front of her.

Alessia smiled at the kids before turning to the lady, "I can make them myself if you'll allow." she said. Harry who was still standing shook his head at the girl but when the woman nodded her head opening the entrance door for her Alessia limped her way over. Alessia began making the grill cheeses and when she was done she placed them on a plate Harry let her jump on his back while he carried her and the plates to the table.

The kids were still sat before Alessia and Harry, now looking down at their plates of food. "Hi." Alessia said handing them each a slice of her sandwich leaving her plate empty. "What are your names?" Harry rolled his eyes at her before he took half his own sandwich and handed it over to her. Alessia gave him a small smile before turning back to the kids.

"I'm Cassidy and this is my twin brother Carter he can't talk." Cassidy said in a timid voice before taking a bite of her sandwich. "He was born like that, what's your name?"

Alessia knew other kids who were incapable of speech back in Auradon and she wondered if he knew any sign language. "I'm Alessia, does Carter here know any sign language?" She asked turning to look at Carter who shook his head.

"We've heard of it but nobody knows it around here so we don't have anyone to teach us."

"I know some, I could teach you what I know if you life but I don't know a whole lot. My friend Flynn can't hear or talk so we use sign language with him. How old are you guys?" Alessia asked turning to Harry with a smile. "Could you get some water please?" She asked, Harry rolled his eyes but got up to get something to drink for himself as well.

"We're eight, and will you!"

"Of course, look" Alessia put her hands up. "This is hello," she brought one hand to her forehead showing them the sign before allowing them to copy. "great! and this is is please, and thank you." Harry came back handing Alessia a glass of water watching as she showed the kids other signs with a big smile on her face. "I wish I could show you more put I don't know very much."

"We should get going." Harry whispered to her making Alessia frown, she wished she could stay longer with Cassidy and Carter but she knew Harry was right. "I'll show you guys some more when I learn more, maybe I can even give you a book! It was great meeting you guys." Harry got up bending down so that Alessia could wrap her arms and legs around him. They were about to leave when Alessia stopped them. "We almost forgot to pay, here." Alessia handed them about thirty dollars, she knew it was more than what the sandwiches were worth but she felt they would need the money more than her.

Once they were out of the restaurant Alessia placed her chin on Harry's shoulder and turned to look at him with a smile. "I liked those kids." She said her warm breath hitting his cheek. "Maybe I could put in a good word with Ben, my friend Flynn would love them."

"How do you know they weren't just pulling your leg?" Harry asked turning to look at her their noses touching causing him to turn back.

Alessia blushed, thankful he couldn't see, "Even if they were what does it matter?" Alessia asked. "You said so yourself, it's just the way they were brought up because of where they live."

Harry shook his head, "Your too good, that can get you killed here on the Isle." he said sliding his hands more under her thighs as she was starting to slip. "I would say good thing you can handle your own but you can barely walk."

Alessia nodded her head, "Where are we going now?" she asked.

"I need to find us a bathroom and then we're on our way to a certain neighborhood, but I think we should wait for your foot to heal before entering." Harry answered.

Authors Note

Hey guys! Can you guess who Flynn is and who his parents are? I was thinking of writing a book for him as well but I don't know yet I guess I'll know when I get further into this book. The thing about him being mute and deaf is totally new I didn't know I would be doing that with him but I guess I am now. Let me know what you guys think.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 187 19
"𝘐'𝘮 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘳𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘯" "𝘐 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘮𝘺 𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘥𝘶𝘤𝘬𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨..." "𝘚𝘵𝘢𝘺 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘮𝘦. 𝘚𝘵𝘢𝘺 𝘪...
30K 776 16
-This is the Second Book in the Descendants Series- It's been 6 months since they arrived in Auradon. Only a few months after King Ben of Auradon had...
18.8K 373 29
"𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩'𝙨 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙩 𝙛𝙖𝙫𝙤𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙡𝙤𝙧?" "𝙋𝙪𝙧𝙥𝙡𝙚... 𝙄'𝙫𝙚 𝙖𝙡𝙬𝙖𝙮𝙨 𝙝𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙡𝙤𝙧 𝙥𝙪𝙧𝙥𝙡𝙚." 𝘈�...
35.6K 527 52
𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓'𝐒 𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐃𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐑 ⎢ ❝ True love doesn't exist. ❞ ❝ Madi, have you always had those golden little flecks in your eye...