Born Of Ashes

By CarbonMoon

The Unmated Ball only happens once every generation. The next heir to the throne needs a mate! The next just... More

Preface
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
A/N
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
*A/N
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
*A/N
Chapter Twenty-Three
*A/N
Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
The First Burning
*A/N Please Read Me!!!
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Cain's Story
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
PLEASE READ ME!!
Update on things!
The Great Tree
Chapter 31
Rewrite

Chapter Ten

68K 2.1K 204
By CarbonMoon

"For making an amazing cover that I will put up at the side when I work out how to do it!" - Abbie xxx

Chapter Ten

Robert’s POV

“But I don’t want to go.” Iris pouted at her father.

“It will be good for you sweetheart,” John smiled sadly at her as she crossed her arms. “Gives you time to think,” he finished.

“But I don’t need time to think,” she sulked.

“You’re too cute,” I muttered laughing to myself at her childish behaviour.

“No I am not,” she snapped hearing my comment. She glared, “I’ll set you on fire,” she growled as I laughed even harder at her threat. Her eyes started to flicker golden and ruby.

“Come on Iris,” I gave her my best smile. “It’s only for a few days,” I reassured. “Anyway it will be like a holiday,” I grinned.

“No,” she stamped her feet glaring at me.

“Please,” I gave her my best puppy dog eyes and I saw her once harsh expression soften.

“Fine,” she sighed as I grinned.

Iris’s POV

I kind of wanted to go but I was scared too. I didn’t want to be alone with Robbie too long. I wasn’t too sure if it was me or him that I didn’t trust. I sighed heavily throwing a few clothes into a bag and some other stuff that I thought I might need. We were leaving today.

A knock came at my door. “Iris Princess,” Robbie’s voice sounded behind the white door.

“Yeah,” I smoothed out my hair.

“Are you nearly ready?” he popped his head around the door, giving me a little smile.

“Yeah,” I looked at my battered old bag. “Just need a few more things,” I sighed throwing the rest of my crap in before zipping it up.

“Good,” Robbie came into the room and picked up my bag. “Is this all you’re taking?” he looked puzzled.

“Yeah?” it came out as a question as I tried to think of what I have missed.

“Oh it is just... you know...” he stumbled for the right words. “Girls take a lot of useless crap,” he said shrugging his shoulder.

“Well if you didn’t know I am not a girl or a she-wolf, I’m a Phoenix,” I chuckled. “Shall we go?” I asked.

“Yeah,” he smiled taking my hand. 

Throughout the journey there wasn’t much talk, just me drifting in and out of sleep and daydreams. Robbie didn’t seem to mind much, once I even caught him smiling at me when I woke. He told me that I was cute when I slept.

“How much longer,” I moaned getting more and more uncomfortable as time crawled on at a snail’s pace.

“We almost there,” he chuckled at my frown. He had said we were almost there every time I asked.

I sighed. “But you said that last time,” I glared out the window. I didn’t want to go to where ever we were going anyway and I was starting to get annoyed at the length of time it was taking to get there.

“I mean it this time,” he chuckled.

The scenery whizzed past the car in green blurs as my mind wondered to everything that had happened in the past few days. My life had changed but was it for the better?

We pulled up outside an ash coloured stone cottage. The cottage was had two floors and a small tower, that looked like it use to have a bell hanging inside stood on top with wooden stutters. Moss grew on the bronze coloured tilled roof.

I smiled. “This is pretty,” I looked to Robbie who was studying me. “How did you find this place?” I turned back to the cottage. It had chalky white square windows and old chestnut coloured stutters.

“I own it,” he opened the car door.

“What do you mean you own it?” I puzzled. “Isn’t this like a little too... err...” I struggled for the right words. “It’s just that you’re a Prince and this is....”

“It’s too homie?” He got out.

“No... It just not that posh, you know?” I explained as he opened the door to the car for me. “Thanks,” I smiled getting out too.

“I understand,” he nodded taking our stuff out form the boot. “The front door is round the other side,” he nodded to the way.

I followed the way he told me and found myself walking up a stone path overgrown with grass towards two stone steps leading to the dark green door. The porch ran the length of the front and a dark wood rail ran along with it lined with plant pots full of herbs and colourful flowers. Two large lanterns sat on the steps, bathing them in amber light as the night drew closer it. It had taken us most of the day to get to this place and I couldn’t help but feel it was worth it.

“Do you like it?” Robbie whispered in my ear from behind, making me jump.

“It is beautiful,” I smiled, studying the ivy that had started to warp its green veins around the house.

“Come on lets go in,” He smiled, taking out a set of keys from his stone washed jean pocket. He jostled the bags around, resting them on his hip as he fiddled trying to find the right key. “Got it,” he muttered shoving it in the lock and twisting it.

Click

The door swing open.

“Welcome to my home,” Robbie grin leading the way into a cream painted hallway with old fashioned oak doors leading off into other rooms, while a large oak staircase led upstairs. Robbie dropped our bags on the door in a heap before turning to me. “Right,” he sighed. “I’ll show you around and them we can put our stuff away,” he pulled a door open. “This is the living room,” he explained walking in as I followed.

The room wasn’t massive but small with low ceiling with the beams exposed. One wall was just plain stone but the rest was a creamy brown colour.  I fire place sat on the yellowy stone wall with a pile of wooded logs sitting in a wicker basket. There were two miss-matched arm chairs; one faded red velvet and the other a plain cream. A sofa that was well worn sat by a window facing the arm chairs. A white lamp sat in the corner next to the sofa and a little to the left of the fireplace.

“It’s a little small but it is normally just me,” Robbie explained.

“I love it,” I smiled at the cluttered bookshelf to the right of the fire place. Every surface in the room was covered with photo frames, books, candles, plants and knick-knacks. The chairs were filled with different coloured pillows, and throws; this place had a women’s touch.

“Did Eliza help with this place?” I asked.

“Yeah a little,” Robbie muttered as I laughed. “Come on,” He led me to another room.

This room was your typical country cottage kitchen. Yellowy creamy walls, exposed oak beams and slate tiled floor. New, modern white units lined the small kitchen in an L-shape. A farm house, sink sat by the window, bathing it in the fading light; a cream range cooker sat by the doors to the hall and the pantry and like all farmhouse kitchens there was also a fireplace and a old dark wooden table that sat five people sat in front of it.

“This is what my mum use to call the heart of the house,” Robbie said. “This was her favourite room,”

“She came here?” I asked.

“This use to be our house,” Robbie said. I was shocked I couldn’t see a royal family living in this house. This house looked too lived in to be theirs. A looked at the fireplace to see above a set of old fashioned, farmhouse style plates and a spice racket, no this place was too normal for them.

The next room he took me into was the smallest and last room on the bottom floor. It was painted pale blue and sat in the middle was large oak desk.  Two white armchairs sat in front of it and one leather desk chair sat behind. Most of the walls were covered with bookshelves, apart from the one behind the desk which was large glass window overlooking the woodlands.

“This was my father’s office, he spent most of his time here before we had to leave for the castle,” Robbie said, bitterness leaking into his words.

“What do you mean until you had to leave for the castle?” I asked puzzled.

He chuckled.”We were never mean to be the rulers of the werewolf clans, my father is the second oldest sibling of Royals, the true King should have been his brother Prince Henry but he refused to find a mate and killed himself a few years later.” He sadly looked away.

“I am sorry,” I muttered putting my hand on his arm.

“I don’t need your pity Iris,” He pulled his arm roughly away. “This life is all I’ve known,”

“Sometimes you need pity to know that people care about you,” I almost snapped.

“Sorry,” He muttered. “My family put off going to that castle as long as they could; I was five when they went. They hired a Nanny to stay with me and Eliza here but being the Crown Prince meant you had to visit there a lot. We tried to have it so I visited but in the end it became too difficult so I moved in when I was 7. I hated it, still do,” He sighed. “I don’t know why I am telling you this,” he chuckled humourlessly.

“Well you are lucky to have spent 7 years here and 5 years with your family,” I said.

“Yeah I suppose,” he muttered. “Come one I’ll show you the bedrooms,” he led me to the hallway and up the stairs. There were four doors made from the same oak. “I’ve only got one room made up so I’ll need to make another one up,” he said opening the first door to the right.

“Okay,” I nodded following him in.

The room was large and one whole wall was exposed ash coloured stone, while the others were cream. The floor was flagged stones and a plantform was built from the same stone, I stepped onto it. The bed was made from a rectangle platform of stone that had been built on the other platform, a mattress had been put on top, with a white covers and pillows. The bed was almost like a four poster but a square frame hung over the bed from the ceiling that hung the white, see-through curtains.

“This is my favourite,” Robbie smiled. The bed faced a balcony that over looked a lake in the middle of the woods. “It has the best view in the entire house,”

The floor would have been freezing but al sheep-skin fluffy rug lay on the floor next to the bed, the room was bear apart from these features.

“There is bathroom this way,” he opened a door next to the door we had just entered. The bathroom was amazing. It was tile right to the roof with yellowy, grey tiles and was L-shaped; there was black garnet his and her sinks with glass bowls; a large shower was around the corner with a tiled bench.   

“This is mine,” I grinned. I couldn’t wait t have a shower or a bath in here. A bath sat just the right of the shower; it was one of those corner baths.

“So where are you sleeping,” I grinned as I threw myself onto the bed when we re-entered.

“Here,” he smiled leaning against the wall, crossing his arms.

“I don’t think so,” I stuck my tongue out at him.

“Well looks like we are sharing a bed,” he grinned as I flashed red. A small part of me, and I didn’t know how big that part was, wanted him to share a bed with me but I would never tell him that.

“I don’t think so,” I crossed my arms.

“Well this is my room,” He challenged.

“But I am the guest!” I said.

“So you get the guest room,”

“But I want this one,” I moaned. “I want to use that shower,” he grinned.

“Would you?” he raised his eyebrow. “Well you can always come in here with your towel on and everything so you can shower,” he added a touch of suggestiveness to his voice as my cheeks turned scarlet.

“Robert,” I said outraged.

“Yes Princess,” he grinned walking over to me. I crawled back my back hitting the cold stone wall of the head board.

“What are you doing,” I stuttered out watching his every move as he crawled towards me.

“Well I am getting on my bed,” he smirked as he sat between my legs. “You see Princess this is my room,” he grinned as my cheeks flashed red. “And I am not sure if I want a female clothed in my bed,” he smirked even more as I gasped at his remark.

“Robert I...” I fell short as his hands wrapped around my thighs causing my heart to skip a beat and my cheeks to redden.

“Kitten,” he purred as his thumbs made circler motions on my legs, tingles covered my body and set it on fire.

“Robbie, stop,” I said breathlessly as he moved his hands upwards, he smirked as he pulled me onto his lap. I flashed a brighter shade of red I was now straddling him.  

“I don’t think you want me to Princess,” he chuckled as I tangled my hands into his mass of inky locks.  I shook my head, no as my face got closer to mine. “But since you said stop we better,” he grinned pulling back from me. I growled in frustration as he chuckled. “Don’t worry Kitty soon,” he whispered in my ear as he got off the bed and moved to the door.

“Where are you going?” I asked.

“To set up the other room,” he said closing the door behind him. I wanted to scream, that man was driving me crazy! I rolled over and screamed into the pillow. What was I gonna do? I sighed rolling back onto my back. I sat there for a about half an hour before I decided I would go for a shower in the best bathroom I had ever seen.

I ran down the stairs. “Robbie,” I shouted.

“In the kitchen,” his muffled voice answered.

“I’m gonna have a shower,” I hated long journey’s they always made me feel dirty for some reason.

“Okay,” he smiled. “I am cooking dinner,” he stirred something on the range cooker. “It should be ready in 40 minutes or so,” he said looking over his shoulder at me. I couldn’t stop the giggle that came out as I watched him at the cooker. “What’s so funny?” he frowned outing down the wooden spoon.

“Oh nothing,” I laughed. “Just a Prince that can cook,” I chuckled skipping out of the room.

“Hey, My Nanny taught me,” he shouted after me.

“Yeah whatever you say,” I chuckled running up the stairs smiling softly to myself, this week was gonna be so much fun!

_________

A/N so my lovely readers what do you think?

Sorry it is late but I couldn’t find the time to write and I also couldn’t think on what to put in this chapter!!

It’s a little boring but here it is anyway!

I hope you like

And could you please (on this chapter and other?)

VOTE

COMMENT

AND FOLLOW?

Love

Abbie

xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.5K 2.1K 37
COMPLETED "Hello.... Can you hear me I'm Calling from "Shut up Kim it's the middle of the night!" Oh it looks like I've woke up the sleeping beaut...
4.7K 657 40
A rogue attack forces Harper Smith to save and build her pack, Silver Star Pack, up from dust. Her past is full of confusion and mystery and she soon...
118K 4.4K 41
"I fear I still do not have a name to match the beauty before me." He began. "Must that always be the only thing you wish to know?" She sighed heavi...
170K 3.4K 26
Wait he kissed me. What the hell was this? Who was this? And why did it feel so great? It took all my strength to push this guy off of me. He really...