"I HATE HIM " | CHANBAEK [CO...

By chan_meets_baek

Byun Baekhyun is a reckless and stubbord young man who doesn't fear anyone, especially when he has no choice... More

"I HATE HIM"
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
Thanks to.

8.

4.6K 214 84
By chan_meets_baek

Chanyeol's POV

I took a deep breath as I gazed at the stars, swinging back and forth. There was something so relaxing and peaceful about that playground, which made it one of my favourite places in that neighbourhood.
I needed to be alone, in order to think. Baekhyun had done a great job when meeting my parents. He had managed to gain their trust, especially my grandmother's, which was great. But it was somehow quite hurtful to see them being that happy about our lie. I honestly didn't know how to manage all this, and it started to make me feel uneasy and lost.

I suddenly heard slow footsteps coming in my direction as I was staring at my white shoes, and heard someone sitting on the swing next to mine.

"Hi," I turned my head and saw Byun, softly smiling to me.

"Hi Baekhyun," I answered, as I smiled back.

That was probably the softest moment we had since we met, but since he, for once, didn't look upset or mad at me, I thought it would be good to forget the type of relationship we had for a quick moment.

He looked down, and blinked once or twice before opening his mouth:

"I'm sorry Chanyeol," he eventually said, frowning.

I raised an eyebrow, quite clueless.

"For what?" I questioned.

He inhaled before finally looking at me.

"For mentioning your sister during the shooting of Korean stars' second life," he sighed.

My vision started getting blurry and I quickly wiped the tears that were forming with the back of my hand before sniffing.

"Everything is my fault. We argued because of me. I'm such a fool, I'm sorry.
- No Baekhyun, it's okay. You didn't know that she was gone."

It was so hard to say, I felt like the words were blocked in my throat and my heart was aching so bad. Dozens of old memories started to appear in my mind as I tried to think of them without bursting into tears like my eight-year-old self.

I felt a timid hand patting my back, and I let the corners of my mouth lift a bit.

"My mother told you everything?" I asked as the bittersweet memories started to fade.

"No, your father did.
- Really?" I questioned, as his answer surprised me.

"What a surprise, he barely tells that story to anyone," I declared.

My father was indeed someone quite severe and strict, especially when it came to me, my behaviour and the people I hung out with. He didn't like exposing our past to people he didn't trust. Which apparently wasn't the case of Baekhyun.

The latter softly smiled, looking down.

I really didn't know what happened with that guy, but he sure managed to make my family members like him, and little did he know that I was quite impressed.

"She must be proud of you. Of everything you've accomplished so far or managed to overcome. I'm sure she is," he spoke quietly.

I pursed my lips, my mind completely vacant, before humming in response.

We were swinging, back and forth, while looking at the darkened sky. Stars were sparkling and we could hear owls hooting in the distance. The silence was quite soothing, but Baekhyun decided to break it before it got too dense.

"You know," he started to say, "I barely see my brother. He works a lot and has to travel very often. I don't call him that much. I feel so guilty right now," he said as he frowned.

"One year ago," he continued, "Baekbom came to Seoul for two days. I was so focused on my work that I ignored him. I had promised my parents that I would meet him and welcome him. But, I behaved like an idiot and let him sleep in a damn hotel," he sighed.
"He didn't get angry at all, and had told to my parents that I must have been busy and that it wasn't that big of a deal."

I frowned.

"You admit that you've made a mistake, which is a good thing," I declared. "If you were a total idiot you would have blamed him for coming during such a busy moment or, you would have ignored it."

He lightly nodded.

"Yeah, bit still, I'm the worst..." he muttered.

I really appreciated the fact that he had apologised and confessed, although he really didn't have to. He wasn't aware of my past, and I shouldn't have asked him to get out of the house. But my aggressiveness tends to dominate when it comes to Yoora.
It was quite surprising for me to see him act that way. I always thought that he didn't care much about our contract, or the friendship we could build as two adults living in the same house. Maybe that was the right thing to do, though. Staying professional, smiling only in front of the cameras and not getting involved in each other's personal problems.

But here, Baekhyun had taken one step further, making me want get to know him better.

He was now looking down, his mocha hair covering his eyes, looking like a sad child.
I couldn't help beaming a bit, considering he had come to talk to me.

I got up.

"Do you want to eat an ice cream?" I asked.

I wanted to cheer him up a little.

"I know a local shop, it's just a few blocks away from here," I added, quite unsure.

He lifted his head a little before pushing his hair back.

"Of course I do!"

┉┉┉┉┉

We got into a small night shop. An old man was sat next to the door, behind a cash register put on a metallic table.

We greeted him and headed to the fridge. There was a dozen of different types of ice cream and lollies, all in very colourful and tempting packages.

I cleared my throat before putting my hand on the door handle.

"Do you want a specific type of ice cream?" I asked before looking at him.

He looked around before raising an eyebrow.

"Strawberry?" he spoke, as his usual dark and serious eyes opened, showing me a childish gaze I hadn't had to see yet.

I opened the fridge's door and grabbed a Japanese strawberry ice cream and handed it to him. He took it before giving me a sweet smile.

"Thank you."

I hummed in response, before quickly reopening the door, for him not to notice the smile that was spreading on my face.

I grabbed a lemon flavoured ice cream for myself. I liked the acidity of lemon, and the fact that it could trigger yet please so many people's taste buds. I loved its duality, and its colour. Yellow rimed with freshness and energy, two things that kept me going in life, and two things that meeting Byun Baekhyun had probably brought me, after all.

I was about to close the glass door but Baekhyun stopped me.

"I'm quite thirsty at the moment, I think I'm taking soju," he declared as he grabbed one cold bottle. "What about you?"

I glanced at his tempting green and watery bottle and took one as well.
What could happen with a single bottle anyway?

"Great. So, I guess we're good now?" he sang.

I closed the door and proceeded to pay.

"Hell yeah."

The old man got up before adjusting his glasses and scanning our items.

"Ten thousand won, please young men," asked the cashier as he put the items in a bag.

I handed him the right amount before thanking him and taking the bag.

"Thank you,
- You're welcome," I bowed lightly.

We were about to go out when the man called us.

"Excuse me, aren't you the actor who played in Memories of the Alhambra?" he asked, before smiling lightly.

I went back to the register and nodded.

"Yes, I am," I smiled.

He looked at me with more attention, his right hand on his black and round glasses.

"Oh, it's a honour to meet you here. My grandchildren are very big fans of yours, they made me watch that show too," he chuckled before bowing. "Could you please sign me an autograph for me to give it to them?"

I grinned and nodded quickly.

"Of course! If you have a phone, we can take a photo as well," I giggled.

He palpated his jacket's pockets and handed me a smartphone.

"I don't use it that much, though...
- Oh that's okay, you'll find it easily, it will be in your camera roll," I said before getting closer to him and taking a selfie with him.

"Wow, that's one nice photo!" I sang.
"You both look very good," added Baekhyun, next to us.

"Isn't that your best friend? My grandchildren love him too, they have photos of the both of you hung in their rooms," he laughed. "Please come," he asked Baekhyun.

The latter looked at me, as if he was asking for my permission, and joined us, shaking his head.

"Alright," I said, "one, two, three, smile!"

And the second picture was way better. Baekhyun was laughing a bit on it and the old man was doing a peace sign, his smile even brighter on this one.

"They will love this," he said.

I grabbed my price ticket, the cashier handed me a pen, and I started writing a small message for his grandkids in the back. I quickly drew two puppies, and signed before handing the pen to Baekhyun.
He lifted an eyebrow, quite clueless, and grabbed it before signing as well.

Another paper we signed together, except this one made us both quite happy.

"Thank you a lot, I often bring them candies or fruits, but this will probably be the best gift I've ever given to them, thank you," he cheered before bowing.

He honestly was the sweetest cashier I knew. I used to shop there a lot when I was younger, and he would always ask me if I was doing great at school.

"You're welcome, Mr. Lim, and thank you!"

His eyes opened a bit and he took a closer look at me.

"Oh, my god. Are you the ferret boy?
- Yes, I guess that's me," I smiled as I shrugged.

A marvellous smile spread across his face as he looked at me from head to toe.

"You've grown up so fast, look at you, you're so handsome now. You kept reminding me of someone when watching that show, especially your eyes and your ears. I should have recognised you earlier. Wow, time flies," he sighed before giggling.

I smiled along before thanking him for all the discounts he would give me back then. Even though the candies I used to buy were certainly not doing justice to my weight, they would surely cheer me up after school.

•••

Baekhyun and I were back to the playground, but sat on a low wall this time while eating our ice creams and taking a sip of soju from time to time.

"So, you like ferrets?" I heard as I bit in the beige biscuit.

I chewed before inhaling and eventually nodding.

"I used to have ferrets back when I was a kid," I said before glancing at him.

"That's, that's cool. Really, I mean it," he said before taking a sip of alcohol. "I used to like dogs a lot, I still love them to be honest, and I would really like to buy one.
- Why don't you do it then?" I asked as I took a sip as well.

He pursed his lips and shrugged.

"I don't know. Maybe because I'm afraid of not having enough time to take care of it. And, lately it got quite complicated so, I'll wait, maybe.
- Same, I think I'll buy one a little later.
- What breed?" he asked before finishing eating his strawberry flavoured sandwich ice cream.

I took a sip before squinting a bit.

"A poodle."

He laughed before shaking his head.

"A poodle?
- Yeah, why not?" I asked as I furrowed my eyebrows.
"That's not the type of dog I would have imagined you with.
- Why? I love poodles. It's cute, and small. That's what I need, sometimes, it makes me soft," I declared.

He nudged my side before drinking again.

"Well, if you say so. Once this contract is over and I become a real writer, I'll buy a corgi," he declared proudly.

I raised an eyebrow before smiling cynically.

"A corgi? Really? And you made fun of my poodle...
- What? What's wrong with corgis? They're hella good looking.
- Their legs are so short, they look like sausages."

He lifted an eyebrow as if I had challenged him.

"At least they don't look like some hairy teddy bear," he retorted before smirking.

I shook my head before taking a sip of the cold alcohol.

"Both breeds are great. No need to fight on dogs, dogs are great.
- Agreed," he nodded

I smiled.

"Well, upon those words, I'd like to drink to our future dogs," I said as I raised my bottle.

"To our future dogs!" he said, before making our bottles clink.

We both took a sip in sync. Baekhyun's company was quite nice when we weren't about to rip each other's head off. And since the last fight we had, I still didn't know how to qualify our relationship. Were we friends? Or just acquaintances? Colleagues maybe?
Or maybe it didn't need to be labelled, since it would end.

But, not labelling someone or having any kind of relationship with them was also good, because I felt like I could tell him anything about me. So, I kind of wanted to talk.

"So, I think you've learnt quite a number of things about me today," I began, "tell me more about you, what is your family like?
- Well," he said as he let his head fall, looking at the dark sky, "they're really nice, and really supportive. I think it's a good thing that they live in the US, it makes them kind of open-minded, so that's cool," he said before taking a sip.

It was quite unusual for me to see him drink and being casual. He had a few of his white shirt's buttons unbuttoned, his sleeves were rolled up and his hair messier that usual, but it looked good. Maybe even better than his usual neat and elegant side.

"I really love our bond, we all love sports. So, my parents made me take tons classes when I was a kid, classes of hapkido, baseball, also hockey...
- Hockey? Wow, isn't that a little brutal?
- Definitely," he chuckled, "but hey, I survived!" he said.

I nodded, impressed before finishing the bottle.

"Have you finished?" he asked.
"Er yes, what about you?"

He took a big sip before swallowing it all. He closed his eyes and scrunched his nose up.

"Same, well," he said before getting up, "I have an amazing idea."

I looked at him, unsure.

"What is it?" I asked.

He smirked.

"Is there an ice rink not far from here?
- Yes, there's an ice rink accessible within a few minutes of walk... Wait," I stopped, "we're not ice skating," I frantically said.

He crossed his arms, before nodding slowly.

"Oh yes, we are."

He made me stand up.

"When does it close down?" he questioned.

"I don't know, probably around midnight," I said, uneasy.

He took a look at his watch.

"Well, we still have half an hour, let's hurry."

┉┉┉┉┉

As we got closer to the front of the indoor ice rink, I started to regret asking about Baekhyun's childhood. I was just really bad at ice skating. The last time I had tried, it was with Yoora, and I had come back home with a lot of bruises and the will to stay away from ice rinks.

We got in. The entrance was really dark. It seemed like there were only the two of us walking in the corridors.
It was quite cold inside, so I started to rub my hands together in order to warm them up as I got chills down my spine.
We were silently walking, Baekhyun was looking for a someone, and I was silently praying for the rink to be closed.

"Byun, see? There's no one in here, we should leave now."

Baekhyun raised a hand, alert, and squinting, as if he had seen somewhere.

"Hello? We are looking for the employees."

I started to lose my patience as it was quite evident that the rink was closed, but a woman started walking toward us before eventually greeting us.

"Good evening madam, has the ice rink closed?" gently asked Baekhyun.

She smiled before tilting her head.

"Well, all the clients went away a few minutes ago, so I decided to close it earlier than usual. But it looks like you want to ice skate?
- Yes, is it possible to open it, please?" he gave her his brightest smile.

She looked at us, more carefully, and blushed. She had probably recognised us.

"Yes, of course! Come, I'm going to give you your ice skates."

Baekhyun nudged me with his elbow before winking proudly.

He sure is good at obtaining what he wants.

┉┉┉┉┉

We put them on in some sort of a locker room. I stood up and tried to walk with them. It was really uncomfortable, and I lost balance, falling, before even being on the rink.

How catastrophic.

"Are you ready?" asked Baekhyun with a smirk full of confidence, as if he wanted us to race, "let's go."

He then disappeared on the rink. He was skating so fast, and his moves were so precise and smooth. He skated two laps before joining me at the side aisle.

"Come on, Park! Are you afraid?" he defied, panting, as I could see his breath in that cold place.

"I'm not, I just suck at ice skating," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Well, I'm the best teacher out there, so, come, just follow my lead, I'll teach you," he said, smirking.

He gave me his hand, and I grabbed it. I stepped on the ice, my legs were shaking and I was about to fall but Baekhyun helped me straighten myself.

"Well, now, try to actually skate. One foot after the other. Yes, good!"

All I was trying to do was to keep my balance and not to fall.

"Now, faster!" he said as he let my hand go, he then started to ice skate a bit faster.

"No, please, don't!" I yelled as I was about to fall.

He chuckled and turned back in order to face me, his hair floating before falling gracefully on his forehead. He was sliding backwards. He made it look so easy, it was unfair.

"Try to squat, if you stay straight you will fall."

I tried to follow his advice. But it was really hard, I tried to fasten the pace, but my legs shook and I lost balance before falling on the ice.

"Oh shit, my pants..." I complained as I touched my wet blue jeans.

It made Baekhyun burst out laughing.

"Come on, get up! It was okay."

I tried to get up but I kept failing and decided to kneel. When I lifted my head, my gaze stopped upon Baekhyun and I was suddenly amazed by his skills in ice skating. He was sliding on the ice like he was flying. His moves were so elegant yet so masculine. He was just smiling, laughing, completely indifferent to the cold temperature, and having the time of his life on the ice.

We suddenly heard music. I glanced at the employee and she waved at us.

How nice.

I smiled.

Baekhyun's pace was thus synchronised with the rhythm of the song. He started skating even faster, sliding backwards and onwards and he executed a semi-pirouette before coming back to me.

"So, Chanyeol, are you ready?" he asked while raising an eyebrow and giving me his hand.
"I don't know" I said as I got up.

He let my hand go, thus letting me try to skate by myself. It was hard at first, but I started to learn how to keep my balance and to skate a little faster.

"Yes, that's not bad at all!" cheered Baekhyun. "Good, keep going!"

He was sliding backwards as I was trying to reach him. I tried to fasten my pace but I suddenly fell, once again, onto the freezing and wet ice.

┉┉┉┉┉

We got into my car a few minutes after Baekhyun had a good time, and I suffered a dozen times.
The employee of the ice rink had given us extra time, it cheered Baekhyun up, but it sure was hell for me.

"Did you use to take classes of ice skating too?" I asked as I started driving us home.

"No, as I said, I used to be a hockey player. But I would often ice skate with my cousin during the weekend."

I nodded.

"Well, that was impressive," I managed to say before sneezing.
- Bless you, and, thanks."

When we got home, I immediately went to bed.
Those private classes of ice skating got me completely exhausted, and really cold.

┉┉┉┉┉

Baekhyun's POV

Two days after, I was at home, alone, and about to join Kyungsoo at KBD after a good breakfast.
I was pouring some fresh milk in a bowl when I heard a phone ring. It was coming from the lounge. I went to the coffee table and saw Chanyeol's phone ringing. He had forgotten it, and he was at work.

As I didn't know the caller, I decided to not respond. It was probably dealing with Chanyeol's work, and I didn't want to interfere.

I put cornflakes in my bowl before taking a spoon and going into the lounge. I put my MacBook in front of me and started checking my mails, but Chanyeol's phone interrupted me again.

I took the spoon out of my mouth and looked at the caller's name, and this time, I knew the caller. Park Sandara.

"Is that his best friend?" I asked, chewing. "Well."

I decided to answer.

"Hello?" I said, after swallowing.

"Hello," responded a feminine voice, "I'm one of Chanyeol's friends, Sandara. Who are you?
- I'm Byun Baekhyun," I said.

"Oh," she said, in a cynical tone, "you're Chanyeol's housemate, right? Who's signed the contract and who's now acting as his friend."

I frowned. She sounded rather rude. Maybe her superstar career made her forget that we were actually both on the same level.

"Yes," I articulated. "I am that one housemate," I said in the exact same tone.

"Well, can you give him the phone please? I'm not calling him to talk to you."

I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Sorry," I faked a chuckle, "he isn't there.
- Well, tell him to call me again. I have to see him, it's important," she replied in a sour tone before hanging up.

My mouth opened in disappointment and anger.

"Who does she think she is to dare talking to me like that?" I shouted before aggressively throwing the phone onto the couch.

"Are all actors as crazy as them? Jeez..."

I angrily sat on my chair and finished my bowl of cereals. I glanced at my watch and realised I was about to be late for work. I quickly grabbed my briefcase and my coat before leaving the house.

┉┉┉┉┉

I had a few files to analyse and to summarise. I had put my glasses on and was reading the hundreds of pieces of paper spread on my desk.

"Twenty-seventh file, done," I said while yawning.

I was really contented. I had informed my boss that Park Chanyeol wanted to model for Korea's style, and he loved the idea since he was one of the most influential celebrities in Korea at that moment.
It felt so good to be complimented by my superiors. It made me feel accomplished, and proud of myself.

I loved my work, even though it would sometimes get a bit on my nerves. But hopefully, I wood keep that job for many more years.

•••

When I got home after a full afternoon of work, I felt quite relieved. I took off my shoes, my coat and headed to the couch before letting myself fall on the sofa. I closed my eyes for a few seconds, but they apparently couldn't help staying stuck together.

When I woke up, it was already night and I saw Chanyeol in the lounge. He was looking for something.

"Oh, Baekhyun, you're awake. Have you seen my phone? I've been searching it all day."

I felt something vibrating under my body. I got up and saw it. I had thrown it there earlier.

"It's right there," I said as I handed it to him, quite drowsily.

"Oh, thank god!" he exclaimed.

I stood up and went to the kitchen in order to make some coffee. I still had tons of files to analyse for Mr. Choi, and I couldn't afford falling asleep again.
The water was about to finish boiling when Chanyeol suddenly bursted into the kitchen.

"Baekhyun, why didn't you tell me that Dara called?" he asked quite furiously, before sneezing.
"Oh, shit," I said as I ran a hand through my hair. "Sorry, I totally forgot. I had to go to work and—
- Whatever, she's at the hospital! Why are you that absent-minded, huh?!"

Is that gorgon actually sick?

I shook my head to get rid of that thought and looked down.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know...
- Well, I'm going to the hospital. I'll come home late," he said before sneezing again, putting his coat on and leaving the kitchen with the same urge as when he got into it.

So that's why she was being that bitter? She's sick.

And I drank a dark cup of coffee that was full of tiredness and guilt.

┉┉┉┉┉

I was in my room, analysing a few files when I heard the loud motor of Chanyeol's car. It was one in the morning. I took my glasses off and massaged my painful nose bridge. I went out of my room and walked down the stairs in order to drink something cold.

When I arrived in the lounge, I saw Chanyeol, who had fallen asleep on the sofa.

I smiled.

"Looks like that sofa is the most comfortable  place in here, huh."

I came closer to him and was about to wake him up but I suddenly noticed a few drops of sweat on his neck and sideburns.
I frowned before stroking his forehead with the back of my hand and realised that he had fever.

I quickly walked to the bathroom, put some cold water in a bucket and grabbed a clean towel. I came back next to him and kneeled onto the brown carpet.

I took his coat and shoes off and then put a warm blanket on him. I grabbed the towel in my hand and dipped it into the cold water. I gently pushed his hair back with my fingers and put the wet towel on his forehead.

He was sick. And that was probably because of me. He kept sneezing and coughing since we went ice skating.

He was quietly whimpering. I sighed and stroked his red cheeks with my cold hands.

"Sorry."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
To be continued...
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

479K 21.5K 34
Byun Baekhyun, a nerd that crushes on Park Chanyeol who is the school's heartthrob but a playboy. When Baekhyun gets rejected and teased by his firs...
80.3K 4.7K 14
Ⓢinging was Byun Baekhyun's passion; music was his dream, and nothing could stand between him and it. But what would happen to his personal life when...
138K 7.1K 17
â“Œhen everything Byun Baekhyun wanted was to keep his history in the past, it decided to knock him flat on his face when he least expected it. #50 ran...
206K 10.3K 19
Byun Baekhyun was a school nerd. He's twenty years old. He was attending to a good school because of his good grades and good behaviour. He'd always...