How It All Started - Dylan O'...

By OHale24

Y/N and her best friend Vere are taking a much needed break from work. Of course, with this much needed break... More

Disclaimer
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue

Chapter 24

670 12 8
By OHale24

~1 1/2 week Later~

"VERE CAN YOU BRING ME MY PHONE PLEASE!!" I yell from the kitchen.

I hear footsteps rushing down the stairs and I chuckle. "Its your boyfriend." She says singly. "No its not he is busy doing interviews, yeah I know my mans schedule." I say as I stick out my tongue at her and she laughs at me.

I check the caller I.D. to see Holland's name pop up.

"Yes Mom?"

"DON'T 'YES MOM' ME! Why'd you take so long to answer, you answered on the 6th ring you had your poor momma worried!?" Holland exaggerated.

"Its not my fault Vere didn't run quick enough." I say as Vere slaps my arm. 'Ow' I mouth. "Don't lie to me, you and I both know that Vere runs like the flash. EVEN IN HEELS!" She says and I nod even though she can't see me.

We burst out laughing and I put Holland on speaker so Vere can listen in as well. "Just letting you know your on speaker with Vere and I." I say. "Great I wanted to talk to you two."

"What about?" Vere says. "Patience you must have my young padawan." Holland says and Vere and I chuckle. "Let me guess Dylan got y'all to watch star wars didn't he." I say with a smile. "Yep" She says popping the 'p'.

"We were watching the movies all day yesterday." I could see her pouting already, Vere and I laugh. "Okay anyways I wanted to say that you guys should come here." Holland says.

I turn to look at Vere. "When?" We ask in unison. "This weekend." She says. "You guys could even stay longer if you guys want." She adds. "We would have to ask our boss for some days." Vere says and I nod even though she can't see me.

"Great! And you guys can stay at my house, and we can introduce you to the rest of the cast and, we can have a girls sleepover!" She says excitedly and we laugh. "Okay, well we will ask later on today since we have a late shift today." I say. "Okay, and I'm not gonna tell anyone because I want them to be surprised." Holland says.

"Wait so your gonna have like a party or something?" Vere asks. "Yeah, the whole cast is coming to watch the episode at my house and were going to be hanging out before as well."

"Oh and then when like we get there you could be like I'm gonna go get pizza and instead you come pick us up." I say excitedly. "Yeah." She says happily.

I turn to see the clock and I see we have two hours to get ready for work. It takes me an hour to get ready so I need to hang up now.

"Hey, Holland we have to go get ready for work ill call or text you to let you know if we can go." I say. "We will most likely go on Saturday and maybe come back Sunday, since we have the weekend off." Vere adds. "Yeah well just ask if we can have till like Wednesday or something." I add.

"Okay remember to call or text me as soon as you find out, okay?" Holland says we agree and soon hang up.

"Okay now to get ready." Vere says as she hops off the island in the middle of the kitchen. I agree and go up to go get ready.

Once ready we headed off to work.

~After work~

"Okay lets go home." Vere says as shes about to run out the door happily. "Your forgetting something." I say with a smile and she pouts. "Oh please don't tell me theirs a meeting." She says while slouching. "No." I say with a laugh.

"Oh thank goodness, so what am I forgetting." She asks curiously. "We have to go ask Grace for our days off." I say and she nods. "Fine." She says as I start to walk off while she follows behind dragging her feet.

Grace is Vere and I's boss. We get to call her by her first name since were really close, were really good friends.

We get to Grace's office and knock on her door. "Come in" she immediately says. We walk into her office. "Vere, Y/N, how can I help you?" She says giving us a smile.

"Hey Grace." Vere and I say in unison as we sit down in the chairs in front of her desk. "So, um you see we wanted to ask for a couple of days off." I say as Vere nods.

"Well how many days are we talking about." She raises an eyebrow at us. I slap Vere's hand quickly knowing Vere, she would raise her eyebrow as well. She turns to look at me and sticks out her tongue at me as she massages her hand.

"Girls?" Grace says. "Oh right." I say as Vere and I start to count how many days it would be. So it would be, Monday, tuesday, Wednesday and, Thursday, So just four days.

"Four days." Vere says. Yeah she was quicker at counting it than me. I try to read Grace's face to see what she says. "That's a lot of days that's almost a whole week of work, well really it is." She says. "Where are you guys going." She asks. "California." Vere and I say in unison. "Im not gonna ask why because I respect you privacy as your boss. But, since you will be flying or driving to California you guys will be too tired to work the next day." She says giving us a sorrowful smile. (😕)

I look over to Vere already knowing its a no. "You guys always work overtime even if sometimes we ask for you to work overtime so you can care for the babies, but you do it without arguing." She says and I start to get hopeful in the inside. "So I guess you guys can take the week off. But the week after you can't have day off though." She says and we nod.

"Oh thank you, Grace!" Vere and I say in unison as we go around her desk to hug her.

"Yeah, yeah, Ill see y'all in two weeks." She says and we nod. "Okay bye Grace." We wave her goodbye and close the door behind us.

We walk out to the hallway once were far enough Vere and I start jumping up and down excitedly like little kids.

We go to my car and head home.

~Home~

Once at home Vere and I called Holland to tell her the good news. She answers on the third ring.

"WHAT DID YOUR BOSS SAY!?" She screams into the phone. Thank goodness it was on speaker and not next to my ear.

"We can't go." Vere says in a sad tone. "What why!?" Holland says shocked. "Because we asked for a week and they really need us at work." I say in a sad tone as well. "I'm calling your boss right now and I'm going to convince her." She says and Vere and I look at each other worried.

"No, Holland you dont want to do that tr-" The line went dead cutting off Vere. "You text her ill call her!" I say hurriedly. I quickly call her back while Vere texts her.

Holland answered the second time I called her.

"OMG! Don't lie to me like that imagine if I would have called her." She says into the phone. Vere and I relax. "Oh thank goodness you didn't call her." Vere says and I nod. "I was close to calling her I was about to click call."

"Wait how did you get her phone number so fast?" I ask as Vere and I give each other a weird look. "I've got my ways." She says.

"Okaayy..." Vere says. I go over to grab my laptop next to the counter. "Okay so I'm gonna order the tickets." I say as I log into my laptop. "Oh I already got them." Holland says. "What!?" I say shocked. "What If we wern't allowed to go?" Vere asks.

"Then I would have given them away to someone or somehow returned it." She says. "Oh you shouldn't have Holland, well pay you back when we get there on..?" I say not knowing what when we were leaving. "Sunday, and no your not paying me back think of it as a gift, if you guys try to I'm not taking it." She says and we sigh out a 'fine you win.'

"I always do." She says and we laugh. "Holland your Lydia is showing." I say with a laugh. "Oh hush up." She says with a laugh. "Okay so I'll send you the information and you guys should go pack since tomorrow is Sunday." She says.

"Oh, yeah, right okay thanks Holland." Vere and I say as we say goodbye and hang up.

Vere goes up to my room and helps me pack up for the trip tomorrow. Once I finish packing I go feed Boo and Vere and I go to her apartment to pack up her stuff. Can you tell were rushing? I'm not surprised if we get a couple of tickets on our way to Vere's, thank goodness we live very near each other though.

After we finished packing Vere got all her stuff and came over to my house so when it was time we would could go together to the airport.

When we got to my house we made sure we had everything we needed and put our stuff in the living room. "I called my brother telling him if he can take care of Boo till Thursday or Friday depending on when we land, he agreed since he loves Boo so that's good." I say to Vere. "Who doesn't love Boo?" Vere says with a laugh. "True." I say. "Whoever doesn't Ill drive them to Eichen house myself." She says seriously and a couple of seconds later we burst out laughing.

"Ill help you." I say with a laugh. "I know you will."

------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 24 is complete!!!

Okay so I hope you guys enjoy this chapter I know I did. I thought it was good enough I hope you guys enjoy it.

So i know this isn't related to the chapter.... but.... THE ASTROS WON THE WORLD SERIES!!! You guys can't imagine how happy I am like i literally went to the parade and I wanted to cry cause they were right in front of me. Also, the video i took of the team somehow deleted but Snapchat saved my life it still had it on the camera roll on Snapchat so i exported it into the drive and then downloaded it. And well long story short i know have my video back. So you guys might want to remember that if this ever happens to you.

Well that's all for today.

I hope you have a nice day, week, month, life.

Well till next chapter

Bye guys👋😁💗
-M

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 68 10
Luca had just came back to the squad, he missed everyone so much! Including his best friend charli who he has a small crush on. As everyone is crowdi...
36.8K 606 77
Just a simple weiss x male reader story, noticed that their wasn't many of these so i decided to give it shot for my first story because, you know, w...
1.2M 47.3K 53
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
765K 15.8K 40
Edward wasn't all sad and alone before Bella. He was married to the first ever Vampire Artemis. Heartbroken and very angry she leaves. She gets a cal...