I Met Him On Tumblr

By xburningdesire

The Urban Dictionary defines Tumblr as ‘the end of your social life’ and Google defines Tumblr as ‘a microblo... More

I Met Him On Tumblr
Home [1]
The Dog Days Are Over [3]
Knee Socks [4]
Memphis [5]
One For The Road [6]
On Our Way [7]
Adore You [8]
Happy [9]
Ultraviolence [10]
I Almost Do [11]
Off To The Races [12]
Adore You [13]
West Coast [14]
I'm A Mess [15]
Crazy In Love [16]
I Want It All [17]
Let Me In [18]
She's Not Me (Ride Or Die) [19]
Someone Else [20]
Should've Said No [21]
Nothing Like Us [22]
Home [23]

Nobody Does It Like You [2]

3.9K 140 24
By xburningdesire

 I Met Him On Tumblr  

✥ Chapter 2: Nobody Does It Like You ✥

>> “You’re my bad boy fairytale. My rebel with a halo, you hit me like a hurricane and I can never say no. Your mind, your hands, your voice, the way you make me yours.” - Nobody Does It Like You by Selena Gomez

 ◂◂◂

             “I just want to buy some new makeup,” I told Olivia. “And I want some coffee and to see some cute guys.” Olivia laughed and we continued walking through the shopping center, stopping and going into clothing stores every time we passed one that had cute clothes in it.

            “I just want a boyfriend, LeeLee.”

            “You know you could literally walk up to any guy right now and be like, ‘you’re my boyfriend’ and they would be over the moon.”

            “Yeah, I should,” Olivia said, jokingly and started walking up to a group of guys and then quickly turned around. I started laughing, leaning against the wall. Olivia Loope had been my best friend for two years and to be honest, those two years I spent with her were the best and funniest years of my life.

            I hummed to myself and went through some of the clothes in the store we were in; occasionally I’d pick some ridiculous piece of clothing and show it to Olivia. “I’m going to Matt’s tomorrow for a small gatho, do you want to come?” To be honest, no I didn’t want to go to Matt’s ‘gatho’, why would I want to go to a gathering with people that I’d feel awkward with. I smiled and was about to say no but Olivia continued, “You have to come! It’ll be so much fun and Matt’s got some cute friends.”

            “I’ll see.”

            “We’d have so much fun,” She sang, dragging the ‘so’.

            “I’m not saying we wouldn’t.”

            “Okay, then come!”

            “Whatever,” I rolled my eyes.

            “I’ll pick you up at 7,” She winked. I sighed and we continued shopping.

            “Have you visited your dad lately?” I asked Olivia while we were eating lunch.

She bit her lip, shaking her head. “I’ve kind of just given up. What’s the point? He doesn’t want to talk to me anyway.”

            “Of course he does! He’s your Dad!” Olivia’s parents got divorced when she was ten and she lives with her Mum and doesn’t talk to her Dad all that much. It made me angry because my Dad was gone and she had one and didn’t even bother.

            “Linnea, you don’t understand, my relationship with my Dad is so different to the one you had with your Dad.” I didn’t get to spend a lot of my life with my Dad, only 8 short years but I had always been much closer to him than my Mum.

            “Don’t take him for granted.” I don’t know how many times I told people that. As a small 8-year-old, of course I had taken my Dad for granted, assuming he’d pass away when I was married with kids.

            “I know.”

            “Call him today.”

            “Maybe.” Olivia paused. “I think he’s getting remarried.”

            “You think?”

            “Last time we spoke, he said something about it. I can’t really remember. I don’t want him to get married.” I was getting annoyed with Olivia.

            “If he’s happy, who cares?”

            “Anyway, how’s your Mum going? I haven’t seen her in ages.” Olivia was always over my house but my Mum was hardly ever home.

            “She goes to more parties than I do,” I laughed. My Mum mourned horribly over my Dad’s death. For a year, she refused to leave the house and my Grandma moved in to help look after Matthew and me. The following year she started going out more and for a little while, things were back to normal but that didn’t last for very long.

            “So she’ll be okay with you going out tonight?”

            “Yeah, she probably will as well.”

Olivia smirked and stood up. “Do you have anything to wear tonight?”

            I looked down at the three bags in my arms. “Nope,” I laughed.

***

On the way home, I checked my phone to see a couple of messages on Kik. I clicked on Jason’s messages. We had been talking for two days about nothing in particular. He had joked a couple of times about meeting up but I never would. “Who you texting?”

            “No one,” I replied.

            “That always means someone.”

            “He’s actually nobody.”

            “He?”

            “Why are you so surprised?” I groaned.

            “Who is he?”

            “Someone I met on Tumblr.”

That was all it took for Olivia to start lecturing me. “Do you understand how unsafe the Internet is? He could be a 50 year old man that’s waiting for you to feel comfortable with him so that he can convince you to meet up with him and then he’s going to assault you.”

            “Not everyone on the Internet is a 50 year old man!”

            “Most of them are.” I rolled my eyes.

            “I’m a 16 year old girl, kind of different from a 50 year old man.”

            “You’re one person out of millions.” Olivia had been the complete opposite to me when it came to making friends on the Internet. She didn’t understand that most people on the Internet were normal people who complained about having no life. She acted like my Mum should, she was petrified that I’d meet up with some random and they’d kill me.

            “I’m not going to meet up with him so no harm done.”

            “What does he look like?” I showed Olivia his profile picture even though I knew she’d immediately say he’s a fake.

            “That’s bullshit, that’s not fucking him.”

            “Olivia, language!” Snapped Olivia’s Mum from the front seat. Since we were both on our learner’s permits, we couldn’t drive alone so that meant Olivia’s Mum still had to be our chauffeur.

            “Sorry,” She muttered. “Linnea, he’s fake.”

            “That’s fine,” I rolled my eyes. “I’m not meeting up with him anytime soon, meaning he won’t rape me anytime soon.”

            “I swear if you meet up with him and don’t take me with you, I will flip it.”

            “I’m not going to meet up with him!”

When Olivia and I got to my house, I thanked her Mrs. Loope and agreed for her to come and pick me up for the party tonight. When I got in my house, I went straight to my room. My brother was out with friends and I had no idea where my Mum was.

            I went through the clothes I bought and planned an outfit for that night while texting Jason.

‘What are you doing right now??’ He asked me.

            ‘Nothing much… I’m just home’

            ‘Wanna FaceTime?’ He asked and then added, ‘I’m bored’. I didn’t know if I should of said yes or no because if he had been a girl, I would’ve said yes automatically but the fact that he was a guy, a very attractive guy, made me wonder if he was fake. In the end, I decided why the hell not. I had nothing to lose and this would prove if he was real or fake. If he was fake, I could just block him and I’d probably forget about it in a week.

            ‘Kkk, what’s your number?’ Jason gave me his number and I typed it in, pressing call.

While it was connecting us I heard the front door open and close and my Mum called my name. “Linnea! Linnea come downstairs! I need to speak to you.” I groaned and pressed end.

            While I was walking downstairs, I typed a message to Jason. ‘Sorry! My Mum just got home, maybe another time???’.

            ‘Yeah’ as I was about to lock my phone, Jason typed, ‘You in trouble? ;)’. That made me wonder what my Mum could possibly want. Maybe I was in trouble and just like that, a million thoughts rushed through my mind of what I could be getting in trouble for.

            “What’s up?” I asked once I saw my Mum.

            “I’m worried.”

            “About?”

            “Your education.”

            “What do you mean?” I asked, confused. So I wasn’t getting in trouble, my Mum just thought that it’d be a good time to lecture me of the importance of getting good grades in my senior years of high school.

            “You hardly ever study.”

            “You’re hardly ever home,” I retorted without meaning to. “Sorry,” I murmured when I saw my Mum’s hurt expression. “Mum, I have nothing to study for, year 11 hasn’t even started yet.”

            “You should be revising.” I knew that wouldn’t happen but instead of arguing with her, I just nodded.

            “Okay.”

            “Linnea, if you don’t go well in your exams this year and next year, there will be no future for you.” Wow Mum, thanks, I thought bitterly. It annoyed my Mum so much that I didn’t know what job I wanted when I was older. My Mum worked in a law firm. My Dad was a lawyer and that’s how they met but my Dad had always wanted to be a photographer and enjoyed it. That was one of the few things I remembered about him. Becoming a photographer was something I’d love to be and had mentioned it to my Mum once; needless to say it didn’t end very well.

            “I know.” But I didn’t know. All I knew is that I didn’t believe for one moment that my exams were everything.

            “Okay, good.”

            “I’m going out with Olivia tonight, is that okay?” I only asked to make conversation; I knew it would be.

            “Yeah that’s fine.”

            “Are you going out?” Too much effort was involved in talking to my Mum and that’s why we hardly spoke anymore.

            “Not tonight, I’m feeling a bit light headed.”

            I nodded. “Okay, feel better.” I walked upstairs to my room and started getting ready for Matt’s party tonight, preparing myself for an awkward night.

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! What do you think of Olivia and Linnea's Mum? ♥

To the right is Dean Geyer who plays Jason and also, a trailer for I Met Him On Tumblr made by @neonzombie7, so thanks a bunch!

Thanks for reading xx ♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

302K 7.5K 109
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #2- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...
3.9M 158K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...
43.7M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
113K 4.7K 198
This story follows the early life of James also known by his street name Headshot or Shooter. James had an extremely rough childhood, one that turned...