Aberrant

By kdissorad

***PREVIOUSLY MASQUERADE*** Cassidy has never been a normal girl. With her inhuman strength and intelligence... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Thirteen

318 23 7
By kdissorad

It's been a while

Chapter Thirteen

I didn’t go to school for a while. For about a month so things could cool off and the reporters and “fans” stopped coming by my house. But I still go my makeup work from Quinton, since we have the most classes together, and he had to come over anyway since he still made me train with him.

Quinton has been distance ever since that day. So has Xander. Every time I would look out my window he had the curtains pulled.

But Quinton has his own special way of being distant. He’s always making me do that most outrageous exercises and drills. There’s no more joking around like there used to be. He’s stricter than an officer in the marines.

And right now he’s making me lift heavy things to see how far I can throw them. We were practicing in the field behind the once-I-thought-to-be-abandoned warehouse. “What does this have to do with ass kicking? I mean there’s no bigger threat than a few dudes robbing a Taco Bell and Toxic.” I ask as I lift a broken lawnmower over my head with ease.

Quinton rolls his eyes. “There’s bigger threat in this world than you think. And I have a feeling you’ll soon be faced with them.” He answers in his normal hard tone. I huff and throw the lawn mower about twenty feet.

“Whatever. Throwing random rusty items isn’t going to get rid of the threat.” I point out.

“Shut up and just do what you’re told.” He says acidly. I’ve had enough of this. I turn around to look at him.

“You know what, I am done with your bullshit, Quinton. You haven’t been acting like yourself the past few weeks. I think I would actually get more done if I trained myself!” I raise my voice and then start to walk off. “Bye.”

I don’t look back as I walk off.

And he doesn’t stop me.

***

I go home and fling myself on my bed. I groan into my pillow as I plan how I’m going to commit suicide. I look at my lamp.

Death by lamp. I can already see it headlining the Plomiting Daily, my town’s newspaper.

“Cassidy?” I hear a familiar voice call from outside my window. I roll off my bed, falling to the floor. I groan and get up to open my window.

The familiar voice was Xander. He was looking at me with a sad expression. “Hey.” He says and lifts his hand in a small wave. I wave back, confused of why he’s deciding to talk to me now. He looks a little rough. Purple bags rest under his eyes. He looks a little paler than usual and his hair’s tousled. He’s still very attractive though.

Cassidy, stop with these thoughts.

No matter how good Xander looks, I am still mad at him. Even madder than I was before the trip. He doesn’t talk to me for months, kisses me, and then goes back to ignoring me.

“Everyone misses you at school.” He says quietly.

I raise an eyebrow. “Really? I had two friends—more like one now.” I respond back coldly. If everyone at school misses me it’s probably because of my newfound fame. Xander looks hurt from my statement. My heart throbs.

“Well I miss you.” He says quietly. I laugh bitterly.

“You miss me so much that you ignore me for months?”

“Look…I didn’t mean to…” He trails off, not being able to find the right words. “Can we talk?”

“We’re talking right now.”

“Just…can you come over?” He says nervously. I bite my lip and narrow my eyes at him.

“Move.”

He moves from my view so I can jump. I crawl out my window and stand on my windowsill. I jump and then duck to go into his room. As soon as my feet touch the carpet floor Xander attacks me with his embrace, knocking me down onto his bed.

His heavy, teenage boy body crushes my airways as his hugs me. “Xander…” I manage to get out. Maybe I won’t have to commit suicide. After another minute of choking me to death, he realizes what he’s doing. He rolls off of me and onto the side of the bed. I lift myself up in a sitting position while he continues to stay lying down.

“I just missed you.” He says. “I’m sorry I’ve been a complete douchebag for the past few months. I’ve just been…stressed.”

“That is some stress.” I mutter.

“I know that’s not the best excuse, but Cassidy, you’re my best friend. I need you and I didn’t realize how much I did until I pushed you away. I was just a confused idiot.” He explains. He grabs my hand and interlaces our fingers.

No matter how much of dick he’s been, he is my best friend and I’ve missed him.

“So can we go back to the way we were before?”

I look him in the eye and see that he’s truly sorry. I sigh and lay back down. I nod my head, “Sure.” Xander lifts his torso up by putting his weight on his elbows.

“Really?” He asks with a bright smile on his face.

“Yes, you asshole.”

He attacks me with another bone-crushing hug again. “Uh I love youuu, Cassie!” I hug him back, laughing at his stupidness.

“I moderately like you too.” I reply.

After a few hours of catching up and joking around Xander gets up. The sun already went down and it’s dark out. “I’ll be back. I’m going to get popcorn.” He says and then leaves the room.

Wow, I didn’t know that talking to Xander again would feel so good. It feels like a bunch of weight has been lifted off my chest.

But then I saw something that caught my eye. A neon green color. Something, most likely clothing, is sticking out of Xander’s dresser. I bend down and open the drawer.

I gasp and feel my heart drop.

I stare at the folded costume of Toxic’s. I go to pull out, touch it, or something to see if I’m actually seeing this and it’s real, but then I hear footsteps pounding on the stairs. I close the drawer quickly and compose myself.

Xander comes into the room smiling with a bowl of popcorn.

The smell made me sick.

I stand up. “Um I think I’m going to go now. It’s getting pretty late.” I say, my voice wavering a bit. He looks confused and a little hurt.

“Oh…okay.” He hugs me but I don’t move to hug back. I rush to the window and jump to mine. “Bye.” I say, not looking back.

I quickly shut my window and fling myself on my bed, like I did hours before.

I can’t think straight. I can’t grasp my newfound knowledge.

I don’t know if I should be angry or sad or hurt. I feel sick, like I might vomit. I take deep breaths to keep my stomach from heaving all over my bed sheets. Once I feel calm I sit back up to thinking about what just happen.

Not much thinking happens before my phone’s ring tone cuts through my thoughts.

Quinton’s name pops up on my screen. “Uh, hello? I answer unsurely.

“I want to apologize for being a jerk today.” His monotone voice says from the other end.

“Just for today?”

“I apologize for being a jerk throughout my total existence here on Earth.”

“That’s more like it.” I mutter into the phone.

“We need to talk. Come over.” He says it like it’s a command.

“Okay, so you want me to come into your house to talk when your dad wants to literally murder me?” I ask in disbelief.

“He’s not here. He goes to hunter meetings every other night of the week. And my mom’s asleep, but she can’t harm you anyway.” He explains to me like I’m an idiot. I think about it for a moment. Quinton could possibly be leading me into a trap, but for some reason I can bring myself to believe that he would do that.

“Fine, whatever. What’s the address?”

***

Five minutes later I was outside of Quinton’s house. A very big house. I guess wiping out my entire race pays well.

The only lit room that I can see is what I guessed to be Quinton’s. I climb out the side of the house and open the unlocked window. I roll in to see Quinton lying on his bed reading a book. “You could’ve used the front door.” He says without looking at me.

“It wouldn’t have been as cool.” I say. I look around his room. Surprising it was very neat and organized. “So why am I here? What’s to talk about?”

“I have a friend coming into town. He might try to kill you.” Quinton says nonchalant.

“Oh, cool.”

“He’s moving in the guess house with his father. Him and his father might try to kill you.”

“Awesome.”

“His mother was murdered by an Aberrant so he might try to kill you.”

“Will he try to kill me?”

Quinton finally looks up from his book and at me. “He might.” He puts his book down and sits up. “But I’m going to do my best to convince him not too.”

Tired of standing, I walk over the bed and sit next to him. “And if he still ends up trying to kill me?”

“It’s the thought that counts, isn’t it?”

“Uhhh!” I growl, frustrated. “All this is so stressful. I already have to deal with this stupid publicity, now your stupid hunter friends are trying to kill me.”

Quinton puts his hand on my shoulder. “Sweetie, hunters have been trying to kill you for years now.” He says in a soothing voice. “And they will be for the rest of your life.”

“Wow, that made me feel so much better.” I mutter into my hands that my head’s lying on.

“That’s what I’m here for.” He says and then lightly punches me on the shoulder. I punch him back in the shoulder but harder.

And then that’s when the play fighting started. We sparred for about ten minutes when Quinton decides to tap out. I had him in a pretty nasty headlock. I let go, feeling high from the pride winning gave me. “I accept your defeat.” I say flipping my hair.

But then I’m counterattacked! Quinton pushes me all the way down on his bed. He’s on top of me. He has ahold of my wrists and is pushing them into the mattress.

I can easily stop him, throw him off of me, but I like the closeness for some bittersweet reason. “Just kidding, I won.” He smiles with triumph. I think about kneeing him in the balls but I decide to stay still and just look at him.

I finally realized how attractive Quinton is. He has a beautiful smile and his eyes crinkle just perfectly when he does smile. Quinton smiling is a rare event, and that’s what makes it all more beautiful.

I want to frown when his smile fades and he just stares at me intently. And then at my lips.

It seemed like it happened in slow motion. We both had the same thoughts. We both leaned in for the kiss. Now his mouth is on mine and we’re kissing each other intensely. I run my fingers through his hair and start to pull slightly to get him closer to me. It seems like he’s not close enough.

I need him closer. I kiss harder with more need, because the need for him is starting to build up and it’s driving me crazy. His hands start to move up and down my sides, driving me slightly insane. I remove my hands from his hair and slide them under his shirt. My fingers run up the muscular torso and to his chest. His skin is so warm and soft. I lift the shirt up and pull it off. I wrap my arms around his neck and continue to kiss him like he’s my oxygen.

His fingers start to wonder to the hem of my cotton T-shirt and stop at my exposed midriff.  I want his hand to continue up my shirt, but they just rest there.

He pulls away and starts to kiss my neck and nibble on my ear. He kisses down to from ear and to the crook of my neck. He starts sucking and biting my neck and I gasp. All this felt weird and made me feel all tingly inside.

He sits up, straddling me. His eyes look darker than usual when he stares at me. He looks down at my shirt, or more like my chest. His hands go further up my shirt and I bite my lip, anticipating what’s coming next.

My shirt is close from coming off when we’re interrupted by a very pissed voice.

“WHAT THE HELL?” Quincy Evans shouts. Quinton’s hands fly off of me and we jump away from each other. Quincy glares at me hard and then he recognizes who I am. His glare deepens and his aurora turns black.

That’s not good.

No knowing what to do, I run out of Quinton’s room and jump out the window.

Sorry for the long wait. I've been busy and stuff with school and heartbreak. And it would be really awesome if you could check out my new story. idk if I'm going to continue it. It's different from what I usually write and if people like it then I'll continue.

I'm no longer insanity99 btw. I felt like I outgrew that username since I was like 13 when I came up with it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119K 1.3K 26
mikhaiah
124K 3.8K 77
Long before time had a name, the first spinjitzu master created Ninjago, using four elemental weapons, but when he passed a dark presence sought out...
64K 1.5K 25
Arranged marriage mikhaiah, with plot twist
113K 1.8K 77
"ငါလေ သွေးစွန်းတဲ့လက်တွေ မလိုချင်ဘူးမောင်" "‌မောင် က ကိုယ်စားအစွန်းခံပေးမယ် ၊ တစ်ခုဘဲ မောင့် တစ်ယောက်တည်းကိုဘဲ ချစ်ပေးပါ " "ငါေလ ေသြးစြန္းတဲ့လက္ေတြ...