The Demon They Once Feared. {...

By Barry-The-Berry

When something is broken, can it ever be fixed to how it was before? BOOK 2 OF MY FIRST FANFIC! Also possible... More

Disclaimer & Copyright.
|1| The Half Moon.
|2| Full Names.
|3|Nightmares Are Just Memories?
|5| Alias?
|6|Weakness.
|7|Ice Pops!
|8|First Mission.
|9| Red.
|10| Talking.
|11|Bye bye~
|12| Happy Rain.
|13| Long Time No See.
|14|Here We Go Again.
|15|Reasons. (CrossOver!)
|16| Late.
|17|Surprise!
|18| The Least I can Do.
|19|Those Eyes.
|20|"Leave My Name Engraved into History!"
|21| It Never Comes From Your Enemies.
|22| Loran.
Aurhors note
|23| Broken Dam
|24| Resolution
|25|Falling Into Place.
|26|Troublesome

|4|Ramen!

1.2K 53 20
By Barry-The-Berry

"It's good to see you, Mina." The light blonde haired woman greeted with a warm smile. She slid the door closed and walked up to the metal bed. With a flip of a page on the clipboard, Tsunade furrowed her eyebrows looking at the words written. "It's been two and a half years, a long time to go without the normal amount of food." She stated the obvious making the Uzumaki raise her eyebrows in an 'I already knew that' manner. "You'll have to stay in the hospital until you fully recover, your body won't be used to the sudden uptake of food so that will have to gradually increase that. So-" The Hokage's explanation was cut off with a sudden slam of the door.

In the instant that Mina's violet eyes saw who had made a loud entrance, a wide grin broke out on her face. "I got you ramen! Since you didn't have food over the years, I thought this would be good, ya know!" The grin on the hospitalised person was mirrored on the blonde and blue-eyed boy, who was holding two plastic bags with -what looked like- steaming ramen cups inside. The memorised logo clear on the slightly translucent white bag.

"Wait, Naruto-" The doctor was again cut off spotting that the two already were seated on the same bed, shoving ramen down their throats. She sighed, placing the clipboard back in the slot at the end of the bed. "Don't overdo it." She warned in a strict voice giving them a warning look. The large busted woman walked to the side of the bed where Mina was happily sitting cross-legged, slurping down ramen, and place her arm around her shoulder pulling her into a tight side hug. Mina jumped in slight surprise, luckily not spilling any of the broth. The surprise faded as she buried the side of her face into Tsunade's squishy melons, "I'm glad your safe." The old woman muttered releasing the teen out of her grasp, she then made her way towards the door, smiling over her shoulder.

As soon as she left the room, the two Uzumaki locked eyes. Both saw a glint in the other's eyes, "so." Naruto broke the silence a small grin on his face.

"Before we actually leave this place, I've got a question." The violet-eyed girl said putting her hand up in a stop motion, Naruto tilted his head to the side and urged her to continue. "How old are we?"

His blue eyes widened in surprise, yet after a second he laughed heartedly, throwing his head back and clutching his stomach with one hand, the other still holding the ramen bowl. "Fifteen," he answered after a long while of laughing. He calmed down, furrowing his eyebrows in worry. "What happened back then?... I mean, ya know, how did he kidnap you?"

"Hmm..." Mina hummed in thought, thinking how the snake could kidnap her but she had sort of figured it out in the dark. "That fight we had against him when we were looking for Tsunade? The green haired man that I fought, he managed to hit me in the stomach, I don't know what kinda Jutsu it was but that Jutsu made me puke up snakes-" she stopped her explanation, an amused look on her whiskered face as Naruto overreacted in saying 'ew'. "This was after the Sakura festival. Orochimaru is a snake so bara-bing bara-boom I was taken." She smiled sadly at the look on Naruto's face but the smile turned into a grin, "but you found me so that's good, right?"

"You were with the Akatsuki, getting the Kyuubi extracted!" He exclaims throwing the empty bowl across the room with his hand gestures. "How'd that happen?!"

"I would like to say that the snake passed me onto the Akatsuki," she chuckled unhumorously, "but that didn't happen, I managed to get free but being the idiot I am, got captured by a man." She sighed shaking her head.

Naruto stayed quiet for a moment, before grinning widely. "You need rest! And the best place for that is back at our apartment!" He yelled jumping out of bed. "I took some of my old clothes for you!" He informed taking out a plastic bag from nowhere.

With a raised eyebrow and a smile playing at her lips, she asked, "Are you sure they'll fit?"

Her brother stopped pulling out the clothes and scanned her body, "with your small build and that flat chest, they'll fit." He said throwing the clothes on her head.

"HEY!"

Naruto laughed but Mina's eye twitched in annoyance at the comment but it disappeared. The blondes laugh died down as he stared curiously at Mina, a grin broke out on her face as she slightly chuckled.

The so-called happy facial expression didn't reach her eyes.

~~~

"WOW!" Mina exclaimed looking excitedly around the streets of Konoha, "Nothing's changed!" She said all to excitedly gaining a laugh from her brother.

"Basically, but they did put Tsunade's head on the mountain, Ya know." The blue eyes Uzumaki said pointing at the large mountains with five huge faces carved into it. Mina's attention was moved to the large mountain where there was another face added since the last time Mina was there.

She hummed with a smile on her face, turning to look back at the direction they were walking too. Her attention was drawn to a certain brown haired female walking calmly down the road with a brown haired boy at her side. "CHIYUMI!" Mina shouted stretching her arms out jogging to the (still taller) girl. The brown-eyed girl turned to look where her name was called from, eyes instantly widening.

"Mina!?" She shouted back in question, wondering if her eyes were fooling her. But that wasn't the case, Mina threw herself into a hug with Chiyumi. The brown haired girl instantly hugged back, completely forgetting her boy companion. Once they pulled out of the hug, Chiyumi did a quick body scan of Mina. "You look..." she wanted to compliment but wasn't able to find the right words since she actually saw Mina fully.

"Terrible," Mina finished her sentence,"I know." She also scanned Chiyumi's appearance. Her short hair had stayed the same length, most likely because Chiyumi cut. Her brown eyes seemed lighter with the same sparkles it had before, but with a new spark to it as well.

"I'm kinda busy now, but in an hour or so, we should meet up. I've got a lot of things to tell you!" The brown haired girl grinned her same old innocent grin and winked.

"Same meeting place?" Mina asked with an almost mirrored grin. Chiyumi nodded enthusiastically, and with an energetic wave of her hand, she walked off, the pale-eyed boy next to her.

"Are they...?" Mina turned to her brother, tilting her head to the side. He shrugged and the two Uzumaki Twins continued to walk down the road.

 "So let me get this straight," Mina stopped Naruto from his long explanation putting a hand up in a stop motion. "Because of the mission that involved you saving my life -thanks for that- you need to find a new teammate, so you can go on the mission." Naruto nodded, confirming her statements.

"I didn't think it was going to be this hard, ya know! Shino, Kiba, and Hinata can't be my teammates, they're also going on a mission! The boy can't be too good looking or Sakura will swoon over him, ya know! But he has to be strong enough so he doesn't slow down the team! GAH! Why is it so hard to get a teammate?" He rambled tugging on his hair in frustration. Mina chuckled, realising that she had missed him all this time. "I would ask you but Oba-chan won't let you go cause of your condition-" he was stopped with his rambling when his sister suggested someone.

"What about Shikamaru?" She asked, stuffing her cold, thin fingers into Naruto's old, orange jacket. Standing next to her brother now, she had realised that she hadn't grown that much over the time, nor had she grown anything new. She gritted her teeth at the memory of Naruto calling her flat chested.

A sudden hug was given to her from the blonde, a large grin on the whiskered boys face. "Great idea!" She laughed alongside him as they continued down the road, "but where could that lazy-ass be. It's likely that he's still in bed, ya know-" Mina once again stopped Naruto from his rant. Pointing a finger straight ahead, the blue-eyed boy stopped and stared his grin widening. "Shikamaru!" He yelled jogging forward, waving his hand enthusiastically.

The brown haired pineapple turned his head lazily in the direction where Naruto's loud voice came from. He raised a brow wondering what the energetic blonde wanted. The two Uzumaki stopped a couple feet away from the Nara and the blonde boy started explaining -slightly begging- to Shikamaru. Mina couldn't process the conversation, her violet eyes locked onto his face.

Smooth lightly tanned with surprisingly no breakouts considering his teenage years. Dark brown, chocolatey, eyes stared with no interest at Naruto. His mouth moved, responding to her brother's wishes but none of his words registered in her brain. Nothing had changed. His dark hair tied into a spiky ponytail, making it look like a pineapple, the two pieced ears that he had since the genin years. Nothing had changed, yet he looked so....

His dark eyes locked onto Mina. Her violet eyes widening as his too widened. The voices of her brother and someone else -not Shikamaru- sounded in the distance. She saw his iris' move up and down, making her feel uncomfortable knowing that he was looking at her body in that state. She was thinner, a lot, her skin looked dead and lifeless. Mina fiddled with her bony fingers averting her gaze, hoping he would stop looking at her.

His voice broke her out of her daze. "Err... Naruto? That's my lunch box." After that sentence, the blonde realised his mistake and gave Shikamaru his lunch box, that he had taken from Choji while they were in conversation.

"Choji!" The female Uzumaki exclaimed, spreading out her arms and jumping on him in a surprise hug. The Akimichi stumbled back in surprise but didn't lose his balance.

"Hey Mina," He casually greeted with warmth in his voice, hugging the small female. Releasing each other from hugs, Mina grinned and turned to the brown-haired pineapple.

"Shikamaru!" Mina exclaimed, in the same manner, she did with Choji. Disregarding the fact that they had been staring at each other for a long while. She spread her arms like she did with Choji and was about to jump into a hug with him, but something unexpected happened.

Her back collided the dusty floor, eyes widening in shock. A heavy pressure on her body, one that she hadn't felt before. It was warm, unlike all the other pressures she's felt, and this one wasn't painful like the others.

She opened her violet eyes, that were closed on instinct from the impact, only for them to widen at the view above her. Heat rose to her cheeks, aware of the closeness of the boy. His brown eyes looked elsewhere but Mina wasn't paying attention to what was happening around her. The fluttering feeling increased when his lips tugged up into a smirk.

There was no doubt that Nara Shikamaru, at this moment, looked hot.

/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/

Hahaha~

Thanks for reading, and yeah...

BYE!

Barry-The-Berry~

Unedited 20/10/17

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 100 17
Mayumi wants to fix her past. But that's impossible right? All she wants is to be with her friends but they are all moving on. What will she do? Disc...
20.2K 493 24
(un-edited so mistakes abound!) (Being re-read and redone in bits.❤️ Thanks to everyone who reads, this old fic of mine.) kikyo Uzumaki is Naruto's t...
16.1K 795 35
[ Gaara x Reader | COMPLETED ] He had never known a life without pain, without ridicule. He had never felt the joys of life, the thrill of being in l...
212K 3.6K 117
What if Minato and Kushina never died What if Naruto was not their only child Will that change anything What if Naruto was neglected and abused What...