Broken

By SasuNaru20

Ranking Naruto's looking forward for college with Sasuke by his side but something happens. SasuNaru, ItaNar... More

Chapter 1 : Dude Looks like a Lady
Chapter 2: No Stranger to the Rain
Chapter 3: Raining on our Love
Chapter 4: Land of Confusion
Chapter 5: Seventeen Forever
Chapter 6: Speechless
Chapter 7: The Beaches of Cheyenne
Chapter 8: Melt the Sugar
Chapter 9: Your Betrayal
Chapter: 10 Pain
chapter 11: Bittersweet Memories
Chapter 12: How to Deal
Chapter 13: Counting the Days
Chapter 14: All I ever wanted
Chapter 15: Hopeless
Chapter 17: Vulnerable
Chapter 18: So Happy I could Die Graduation everyone
Chapter 19: Summertime
Chapter 20: Scared of Lonely
Chapter 21: Heartbroken Out of My Mind
Chapter 22: Lovin' you Against my Will
Chapter 23: A Beautiful Lie
Chapter 24: The Man Who can't be moved
Chapter 25: Home is Where the Heart Is
Chapter 26: One More Night
Chapter 27: Love and Pain
Chapter 28: Come on Get Higher
Chapter 29: The Change
Chapter 30: It's Up to You
Chapter 31: Where'd you Go
Chapter 32: Gossip
Chapter 33: Boston
Chapter 34: Must be Dreaming
Chapter 35: Feel Your Love
Chapter 36: Always Together
Chapter 37: Worlds Apart
Chapter 38: Daisuki Dayo
Chapter 39: What Hurts the Most
Chapter 40: Last Goodbye
Chapter 41: Bad Romance
Chapter 42: Livin' Our Love Song
Chapter 43: My Old Friend
Chapter 44: In Color
Chapter 45: My Baby
Chapter 46: Love your Love the Most
Chapter 47: Listen to your Heart
Chapter 48: You'll Always be My Baby
Chapter 49: I'm So Happy
Chapter 50: Dirty Desire
Chapter 51: Happy
Chapter 52: What's Left of Me
Chapter 53: Beauty from Pain
Chapter 54: Broken
Chapter 55: Everything is Fine
Chapter 56: Freedom
Chapter 57: Omeke 1

Chapter 16: Love Again

1.5K 70 11
By SasuNaru20

After Itachi left, leaving his feline companion there, Naruto felt jitters for the upcoming date. It was the last day – his last Spring break as a high school student – for his freedom. Flopping down onto his bed with his blond hair plastered to his face from his shower, he stared at the orange ceiling. He moved the bag to the floor so he can sort through it later tomorrow.

Rolling over onto his side, Naruto smiled at his sleeping fox who had a calico curled up next to him even if Itachi left a bed for her. It seemed like they were getting along together which was a good thing.

Pushing his torso up, he sat on his bed and grabbed his bag that had his laptop in it. Turning it on, he went to his email, erasing everything that was sent and from Sasuke but he couldn't bring himself to erase the email he had. "Sasuke."

Biting his tanned lip to keep the floodgates up, Naruto got out of his email and went to a site for animal photography that was to his liking. Smirking, the blond scanned the pictures before closing the laptop and shutting the light out. "Night Kyuubi, Ichijo."

The next day, his phone went off on the stand beside his bed, forcing the blond to get up. He was hoping to sleep in since that was breaks and vacations were for. Reaching over and flipping the phone open, he stared at Itachi's name with him saying good morning.

Sitting up with one eye open, he reached for the switch and swatted for it. Finding it, he turned the light on, blinding him slightly as he pushed reply.

Morning.

Closing his phone, he glanced at the clock, seeing 8:49 on it. Raising his arms above his head, the Uzumaki yawned. Looking over at the two animals, they were still curled up asleep but it looked like Kyuubi got up in the middle of the night.

Getting out of bed, the senior walked out of the room with his phone in hand, hearing his mother scream over something. Walking down the stairs in his normal pace – also being used to his mother screaming – he walked toward and into the kitchen. His phone vibrated but he completely forgot about it when he saw why his mother screamed.

The blond hair that was almost like his with a business suit facing him. Naruto knew that hair from anyway. Setting his phone down, he rushed over and tackled his father from behind, surprising him.

"Oto-san, you're finally home!" Naruto cheered as his mother rushed around to finish breakfast.

"It looks to be that way. Your ojii is very annoying and persistent about deals." Minato said as he sat down at the island that they used to eat at besides the dining table. Glancing over at his son, who was grabbing his phone, "So when are you going on a date with Itachi-san?"

"Tomorrow. I can't . . . wait." Naruto paused as he looked at the phone that had his boyfriend's name on it with a blush. Turning his attention to his father, he saw the smirk on it, telling him that his father was up to no good.

"I guess we should have him come with us to the farm sometime." The older blond suggested before looking to his wife.

Blinking, Naruto wondered how his Obaa would take it since she had Itachi in school. Pushing that question away, Naruto replied to Itachi.

"Oh before you freak out Minato, Itachi left that calico here so he can look for a place to keep her." Kushina brought up as she waved a spatula in the air.

"Why did he take the cat too?" Minato wondered with a raised eyebrow, turning to look at his son.

"He didn't want Ichijo to put up with Madara and Sasuke's crap so he wants to find a place that accepts pets." Naruto answered, getting up from where he was and leaving the room. Opening the door, he closed it behind him and sat down at the steps. Sighing to himself, the blond senior closed his eyes.

He couldn't wait for the date but right now he had to get through today to get to it. The Uzumaki could feel the butterflies in his stomach at the thought but ignored them. Opening them, he pushed the text of Itachi's, wanting to ask him something.

Where should we meet 2morrow?

Closing his phone, he got up and walked back into the house to see his fox coming down the steps with no sight of the calico. Following the orange furred animal with his eyes, Naruto shrugged and followed it to the kitchen.

"So what are we doing today?" Naruto inquired as his parents worked on getting breakfast ready even if he knew his father had to be tired from the seventeen-hour flight back home.

"Let me rest up for a bit and then we'll head out to dinner with your ojii and obaa." Minato answered as he brought the three plates out, setting them on the counter. Turning around and leaning on the neutral colored counter, he watched his son open his phone.

The Namikaze never saw his son so interested in someone before but then again, he only had Sasuke in his life. Sighing, he shrugged it off and went to get the fox some food.

Naruto brightened up at the reply. It was his favorite place to meet up with people. "YES!"

The room fell silent with him looking around to see the pet and his ryoushin staring at him. Smiling and laughing innocently, Naruto itched the side of his face.

"What was that about?" Kushina asked as she flipped an egg over.

"Itachi's gonna be taking me to the zoo tomorrow! I can't wait!" Naruto cheered as he replied to the ebony haired man with a smile on his face.

After breakfast which seemed interesting to everyone since Ichijo was with them. She jumped onto the island and looked at them before sitting down and started to clean herself right there.

"I really hope she doesn't do that all the time." Naruto mumbled to himself as he walked into his room to get dressed. Closing his door, Naruto walked over to his closet and drawers, pulling out a pair of pants and a short sleeved shirt. All he was going to do today besides visit his kazoku, was clean out that bag and put everything away.

Grabbing the orange speakers and dock, Naruto put them on his desk with everything going there or somewhere else. With the smile he had fall into a thin line, the blond flopped onto his bed, wishing things didn't end that way. He usually liked having people as his friends, not his enemy like Sasuke was seeing him as.

Grabbing his computer and plugging in the speakers his mother bought him before she left for her campaign, he turned on his collection of music. Shineby L'arc~en~Ciel started up as the blond stared at the ceiling once more.

The dinner was pretty interesting itself because his obaa started to freak out over the news of Sasuke dumping him for some girl that he didn't even know. Ojii on the other hand was very quiet before he said he was now seeing Itachi.

"What? Shouldn't you have waited for a while then do that?" Jiraiya complained as his gaze was on the blond who was eating his corn.

"I did but Itachi was there and we confessed to each other that we liked each other. Big deal." Naruto stated, bringing his spoon up and eating the corn on it.

"That is pretty surprising." Tsunade said, taking a sip of her wine afterwards. "As long as he keeps you happy and doesn't hurt you like that jerk, I support the relationship."

Nodding, Naruto went on eating as chit chat was going on between his family.

After getting home, taking his shower and answering unanswered texts, the blond went to bed with the cat curled up on his side. He couldn't wait for tomorrow.

His alarm woke him up the next day with Ricky Martin's Livin' La Vida Loca, telling the blond to get up. Grabbing the cat that was curled up on his stomach, the high school senior got out of bed and stretched. From behind his door, he could smell the bacon cooking which made his mouth water.

Changing out of the pajamas, the sapphire eyed teen walked out of the room with the cat moving around him. Staring at her with a raised eyebrow, he shrugged it off and headed toward the kitchen where all the food was.

"Today's the big day." Naruto announced. It was the last day of spring break and Itachi and his first date. Walking across the room, he poured food for both the feline and fox who were waiting for it. Putting the two bags back, the blond went and sat down on a stool.

"Don't screw it up." Kushina said, already squealing about the cuteness.

"Is she picturing-"

"Yeah. I've already told her that neither one of you can have kids but it didn't kick in yet."

"They can adopt! If they do, I picture them adopting a baby or a small child." The auburn haired woman hissed before put some of the bacon on a plate. Turning around, the sapphire eyed woman smiled with the image in her mind.

Staring at his mother like she lost her sanity, Naruto scooted his stool back. "True but I don't know if we're going to be together for that long."

"You'll be surprised musuko. People doubted us and look at us now." Minato said, resting his chin on his fist as his wife gave out plates that had waffles and bacon on it. Taking a bite, a question popped into his mind when he saw his son already dressed. "What time is he picking you up?"

"He said it was going to be a surprise." Naruto replied as he drowned his waffle in syrup. As he went to take a bite of his bacon, there was a knock on the door. Narrowing his eyes, the younger blond got off his seat and walked toward the door. "This better be good."

Opening the door, Naruto smiled and glomped the person.

"Morning." Itachi greeted as he struggled into the house with the blond latched onto his front side. Closing the door behind him, he saw his calico companion run out of the kitchen and greet his foot with her sitting on it. Smirking, the ebony haired man stroked her fur. "I missed you too, Ichijo."

Picking the feline up, he walked into the kitchen where everyone else was. "Good morning Kushina-san, Minato-san."

"Mornin'" Minato greeted with a wave.

"We have extra waffles if you want some. Sorry about the bacon, we only had one pack. I'll have to pick some up the next time I go to the store." Kushina apologized with a small bow after she pointed to the plate with waffles on it.

"Thank you for the offer but I already ate before I came here." Itachi replied, nodding to her. "I see that you're already dressed Naruto-kun. So are you almost ready?"

"Let me finish here and I will be. Oh the next time you do go to the store, can you pick me up an umbrella since I walk home." Naruto asked his mother before taking a bite of his waffle.

Nodding, she wrote it down on a list that she was making since she got up.

Finishing up his food with a cup of orange juice, Naruto put the plate and cup into the soapy water. He turned around to stare at the long-haired man. "Now I'm ready!"

Nodding their goodbyes as his parents said have fun and other things, they walked out of the house. Getting into the car, Naruto saw some stuff in the backseat.

"I went back home to get my stuff before they had a chance to trash it." Itachi answered the question that Naruto was wondering. As he backed out, Itachi saw no one coming up or down the street so he took that chance.

As they were on their way to the location of their date, Naruto glanced out the window as music filled the car. He couldn't wait for summer to come since he was graduating this year and it was time for him to have fun in the sun with his friends.

"So where do you want to start first when we get there?" Itachi asked, breaking the silence between the two. Glancing over at the blond, he smiled. He was too adorable to him.

"I say the right side and then make our way around." Naruto suggested, seeing the college student nod. He couldn't wait to get there. He always loved going to the zoo because of all the different animals there. The last time he went there, they had a couple litters of tiger cubs. When he heard what happened to them, they were given to other zoos so they can be used for breeding.

"When was the last time you were at the zoo?" Itachi questioned as he saw the main sign for the place show up in the distance.

"I think freshman year because Hoshigaki-sensei had us do notes on an animal we wanted to do. I chose the manatees." Naruto responded as the car stopped in a line with Itachi raising to get his wallet out.

Pulling out the money he needed, the long-haired man held onto it as the line dwindled in front of him. When it was their turn, he handed the money over, receiving two tickets in the process. Driving slowly, he looked for a parking spot and found one some ways off from the main gate. Shutting the car off, he got out with Naruto following him. With his door still open, he locked the car up.

"Ready?" Naruto asked as he strolled over and latched onto the pale arm of the Uchiha.

"As I'll ever be." Itachi answered, walking with the blond to the gate so they can start seeing the animals.

When they got in, they grabbed a map and started toward the right when Itachi stopped and stared at someone.

"What's wrong?" Naruto asked as he looked up at the dark-eyed college student.

"Zetsu is that you?" Itachi called, catching the man's attention who turned around.

"Itachi? That can't be you." Zetsu called out with a smile on his face as he walked over to his old friend.

"It is. How's your brother?" Itachi asked, patting the man's arm.

"Good. He went into plant research." Zetsu said, mentioning his twin brother who was tan with the same color of hair as he. "Have you seen Hidan, Deidara or anyone lately?"

"No, the last time I saw Hidan, he was worshiping at a temple in town and Deidara's working at the high school as a Chemistry teacher." Itachi answered with a shrug.

"That was the same guy that said he wouldn't want to be a teacher because he wouldn't be able to handle the stress. Liar." Zetsu muttered, glancing at Naruto with his gold tinted eyes. "Who's this? New boyfriend?"

"You can say that. He was with . . . Sasuke before." Itachi paused, feeling the blond tense up at the mentioning of that situation.

"Ah. I'm sure he's causing trouble now. Well it was good to see you Itachi but I gotta go clean the zebra's pens." Zetsu called as he waved to his old friend and walked away.

"I went through school with him and his twin brother if you were wondering how I knew him." Itachi spoke up as he glanced down at the blond. Smiling, they continued on their way through the zoo.

By the time they were half through with it, Naruto felt his stomach growl at him. Tugging on Itachi's shirt, he stopped him from going into the reptile house. "Before we go anywhere else, can we get something to eat?"

"Sure." Itachi chimed as he followed after his boyfriend to a location that had some food stands. He bought for the corn dogs and a drink that they were going to share.

They sat down by one of the ponds where giant koi or a fish like it would swim to the surface for something to eat.

Naruto stared at the multicolored fish that brought back memories of his childhood when he came here with his parents or grandparents. He would enjoy feeding the fish and watching the fish swim around in the aquarium.

"What do you like to eat Naruto?" Itachi asked, chewing on some of the breading.

"Ramen but I also like homemade mashed potatoes." Naruto answered, glancing over at the ebony haired man. Smirking to himself, the Uzumaki took a drink of water from the cup. "What about you Itachi?"

"Cabbage, especially the purple cabbage in the salads." Itachi replied.

As they ate the rest of their food, it was silent except for the sounds of kids asking their parents if they can go see this or that animal. Grabbing for the cup, Itachi's hand touched Naruto's, pulling it away quickly and looking at the blond.

Smirking, Naruto handed the water and ice-filled cup to his boyfriend. He was chewing on the wooden stick, waiting for his beloved to finish up so they can look at the reptiles. Hopefully his grandparents' classmate wasn't working there still. If so, he was going to be creep out.

When they walked into the building, Naruto rushed up to look for a gecko that he always struggled to find when it was in the foliage.

"It's right there." Itachi helped as he pointed to the stem of the leaves, showing the verde gecko.

Smiling and hugging Itachi's arm as a thank you, they went on looking at the reptiles. Naruto was right about the guy that creep him out; the guy – his name was Orochimaru he thinks – was holding a snake for people to touch. He stayed away from the guy, surprising the Uchiha a bit.

"What was that about?" Itachi voiced his concern as Naruto went to the other side of the room, away from the extremely pale man.

"That guy in there was my grandparents' classmate and when we went here when I was a kid, he would be really nasty. He was a predator." Naruto explained as he looked at the poisonous snakes that were from all over the world.

When the couple came to the cobra, it was slithering around with its hood tucked in. They continued through, passing the turtles but stopped to stare at the alligator snapping turtle.

Exiting the room, they went to the aquarium next and through that.

By the time they were done, the sun was setting with their feet slightly aching from the walking. They got back into the car and started on their way home.

"I had fun." Naruto said, focusing his gaze on the college student who flicked his headlights on dim.

"I wanted that. I did too especially with you Naruto." Itachi replied.

The rest of the drive was silent with fractured conversations before they got into the driveway. Shutting the car off, Itachi leaned over and held the tanned chin still, kissing the blond's lips.

"Naruto, I love you." Itachi stated as he broke away.

"I love you too Ita." Naruto replied.

I just had to add Zetsu and Orochimaru in. *Shivers at the mention of the pedophiles name* Please review.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139K 3.5K 23
Sasuke cheated on Naruto with the screaming banshee. He tries to explain, but Naruto won't listen. Naruto finds out he is pregnant. Sasuke wants to...
149K 6K 19
[THIS STORY IS CURRENTLY BEING EDITED, NEW CHAPTERS WILL SOON COME OUT, AS WELL AS MANY GRAMMAR MISTAKES. THANK YOU] A stuck up brunette enters a boo...
4.8K 142 22
Naruto's ex girlfriend just broke up with him. Not to long after his break up he meets a raven haired boy under a tree. Naruto later on starts to hav...
261K 6.8K 40
੭୧ 𝙎𝙖𝙨𝙪𝙉𝙖𝙧𝙪, 𝙖𝙡𝙨𝙤 𝙖 𝘽𝙤𝙮𝙭𝘽𝙤𝙮 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙮. 𝙄𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙙𝙤 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙚𝙣𝙟𝙤𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙨𝙚 𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙙 𝙤𝙛 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙨, 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙥𝙡...