Just My Life

By brighter_than_night

Legend has it, that one day, all whisperers will be exposed, and humans will not rest until every superior cr... More

Trouble Much
Beautiful Stranger
What Whisperers?
Gummy Bears
Hostage Yet?
A Peek In The Past
To Kill A Man
Dates Or Mates?
Just A Dream?
Escaping Fire
Forever Alone... Nate.
OMG, Stacey's back!
First Day At School
Unknown School Boy
See that boy... No?
Loads Of Visions
A Hand-Full Of Nat
What Happened?!
How Did She Do That?
When Time Freezes Over
My Dignity For A Hug
Time To Say Goodbye
Drunk On Ribena
Leah, Don't Die
My Old Family
Shadow
In The Dark Dark Cave

Achmed The Dead Terrorrist

182 2 0
By brighter_than_night

Jake’s POV:

Outside was chaos.

Emily was screaming her head off, possibly popping a vein, and Adler was trying to calm her down, getting distracted by all the girls climbing over him trying to get to Nat.

Girls were screaming, people were throwing up from the amount of blood, and others were throwing up from the amount of puke on the floor.

I ran outside to see what all the fuss was about… not that I didn’t know what was going on I just couldn’t see why everyone was screaming.

Emily had Nat in her arms, and Adler was standing like a body guard in front of them both, while the entire hallway of girl had a competition on who could scream the loudest.

Nat was still out of it, and she would have looked as if she was sleeping peacefully if it hadn’t been her head matted with dried blood. Blood was still oozing down, but not so much.

I think she was running out. Her body was pale and her limbs were trembling. Her lips were purple and chapped and it looked like her eyes were replaced with black hollow sockets.

Emily clutched Nat protectively against her chest, and the verge of growling at anyone who so much as looked her way.

Adler changed from being a body guard to being a shout man, trying to get everyone’s attention.

At least when he couldn’t do it, he gave up and took his shirt off, showing his perfectly ripped body, and a perfectly moulded six pack.

Everyone was silent in seconds, gawking at the Greek god that was standing in front of all of them. No homo, but he had a pretty hot body.

He caught me staring and an amused smirk made its way to his lips, I frowned angrily at him and turned away with my chin in the air.

The silence was deafening, the only sound was people breathing, and Emily grunting. She sounded like an angry cave man. I just could help the bubble of laughter escaping my lips.

This set off a chain reaction. Emily snapped her gaze towards me, and shot me a look that could kill the toughest person alive.

Everyone saw this, and there was a sound of water leaking. Everyone turned towards the sound and the crowed parted like the red sea.

The girl that I had tried to save from the fire was standing there with water stains running down her leg. She pissed her pants.

“Too bad you’re not a water whisperer” I mumbled under my breath, but thanks to the silence, the whisper echoed through the hallway.

In one second flat, the whole hallway was bursting with laughter. People were rolling round on the floor in fits.

They probably forgot about the puke and blood on the floor, because now they were laughing even harder, with the odd person wheezing, ‘she pissed her pants’

The girl’s face was on fire, the vein on her forehead was pulsing like mad, and she was trying to cover her pyjama trousers with her shirt.

“Burn!” her little sister, who was now 15 as well whispered to me.

“She just can’t control this kinda fire” I grinned at her. She high fived me and was about to walk away when she thought of something and turned around to me.

“Do you have a girlfriend?” she asked, she didn’t look as if she was going to hit on me, she just looked genuinely curious.

“Yeah, I do” I admitted.

Her face lit up, but then she looked doubtful, “it’s not flame is it?”

“Not in a thousand years” I laughed.

Flame was her sister, and she was called hurricane, sweet, I know. Her parents wanted to name them so that the type they were was obvious.

This would have been a problem if they went to school, but lucky them, they weren’t adopted, and their parents actually know there whisperers.

The only way I actually know what whisperers where, was the fact that I ran into a bunch of migrating whisperers who were banished from this dome.

They would never actually tell me the reason why they were banished, but I wasn’t really that interested.

They were talking telepathically to the leader, who was like me, and I picked it up. I went up to them, an eight year old with mud smeared across his face, and grinning happily.

“You’re like me” I stated cheerfully to the leader. “You can talk in your brains”

They stared down at me, and the leader grinned. “A lost whisperer” he said. They taught me all I knew about whispering and whisperers.

Finally when it was time for them to leave, they told me where I could find the dome. They gave me directions and I ended up here.

I don’t know why Bruce took me in, but he never liked me, the only reason he took me as his second in command was because was the closest person to his son.

I hadn’t known that, but even if I did, I would have taken it anyway, I didn’t have anywhere to hide when I was in trouble with Mark.

Also, they trained me, and taught me how to use my powers properly. And if I hadn’t been there, I wouldn’t have met Nat.

And Nat is the best thing that ever happened to me, even before Sheila.

She gave me another chance to be with my best friend in the whole world, and at least Stacey didn’t reincarnate in another place in the world like Hawaii or something.

I heard the whisperer’s branch in Hawaii was awful, something to do with how horrid the leader was, but Bruce was horrid as well.

It was a good thing Nat took care of him. Wait, what am I saying, I shouldn’t be happy that someone was dead!

I couldn’t help it, there was no denying it, I was glad Bruce was dead. He was cruel, and he was unfair, and no one actually liked him. No one respected him, they only feared him.

The way Emily was protecting Nat was unreal. No lie, even a lioness wouldn’t be that protective over her cub. And that’s saying something if you know how protective a lioness is.

Emily was taking this protector stuff seriously, or she really loved Nat, either way, I knew Emily was good for her.

I didn’t miss the screw faces she sent me every time I came near Nat though; it’s getting a bit boring, getting killed over and over again with her death glares.

Note the sarcasm

“SILENCE” Timmy screamed from the front of the hall way.

Everyone stopped laughing in an instant, and turned around to see Timmy. He was red in the face and his hair was messed up from sleep.

He walked to the middle of the crowed towards Nat and Emily, and stood in between Adler and Emily.

“Why the hell is there so much noise?!” he shouted. “There shouldn’t be anyone awake at this time of night, people need there bloody sleep!”

I considered telling him that it was only 10 o’clock, but when I took a breath to say anything he glared at me, “silence!” he barked.

“I need to go now” flame mumbled, and ran into her room, “silence!” Timmy called after her.

We heard Nat snigger quietly, thanks to the deafening silence, and Timmy’s face when crimson. “Who the hell do you think you are? SILNCE NOW”

Nat’s eyes snapped open and she grinned brightly. Her head, that was dripping with blood abruptly stopped and she looked around.

“What were you laughing at?” Emily asked her.

‘Bruce said Timmy kinda sounded like Achmed the dead terrorist. He was just waiting for him to say I kill you.’

She was talking telepathically and I was guessing that all immortals can do that, because seconds later she called out to her brother.

‘Hey Adler’ Emily said, she was grinning too now, ‘I’ll bet you fifteen quid you can get him to say I kill you’

He chuckled and looked at her, ‘you’re on’

I started curiously at them while Adler stretched out and smirked at Timmy evilly. He turned so that his whole body faced him and looked Timmy up and down.

“Why so serious? Looked like you were having a nice time in bed, sharing is caring, is she hot?”

Timmy went crimson, and quiet giggles that were meant to be stifled broke across the room. Timmy turned to glare at all of them. “Silence!” he barked.

That just made Nat snigger more. ‘Point proven’ she announced. But Adler was still at it. His shoulders were softly shacking from laughter but he composed himself.

Back straight, Adler stretched a hand and ruffled Timmy’s hair. “Don’t worry do, we all knew you did it. The walls of your office are thinner them paper. We tried to ignore the noises”

Timmy went a darker shade of red. “Shut up” he mumbled “s’not true”

He was looking frantically around the room. I guess he was looking for Stacey, to see if she heard. I felt sorry for him.

But Adler still had those three words to force out of Timmy. And he knew exactly how to do it.

“Well, I’d be a hypocrite if I told you not to do it… I had the best time with Stace just a few minutes ago”

And that did it, “I KILL YOU!” he squeaked and ran after Adler. From far you would have thought a mutant tomato was chasing a jock.

Every one burst out laughing; there was no missing it when Adler screamed, “if I survive this, be ready to pay up sis!”

I chuckled and shook my head. The things that boy would do. I remembered Sheila and ran in to check on her. She was lying on the bed, her body still blue.

I sat down next to her, holding her ice cold hands and I heard screaming again. I couldn’t leave Sheila’s side anymore I decided, so I did the second best thing.

‘What’s going on out there?’

‘We thought the blood stopped’ Emily started, ‘but now it started again, and Nat can’t heal herself anymore… something is seriously wrong’

Continue Reading