He's Not Bad, He's Broken

Od DestineeDaniels

Bradley Stevenson. Kale Ryder. She's broken. He's broken. She doesn't trust anyone, at all. He only trusts hi... Více

Chapter 1 - Past
Chapter 2 - Mr. Bad Boy
Chapter 3 - New Room
Chapter 4 - Family Dinner
Chapter 5 - Different BadBoy
Chapter 6 - Goodnight BadBoy
Chapter 7 - Bipolar Arse
Chapter 8 - Brittany
Chapter 9 - Protected by the BadGirl
Chapter 10 - Kale
Chapter 11 - Sleepover
Chapter 12 - Bad Day
Chapter 13 - Secrets Shared
Chapter 14 - Broken
Chapter 15 - Don't Judge
Chapter 16 - Eli
Chapter 17 - Party
Chapter 18 - His Dimples
Chapter 19 - Her Company
Chapter 21 - Fate
Chapter 22 - Necklace
Chapter 23 - Shower
Chapter 24 - Softball Game
Chapter 25 - Back to the Past
Chapter 26 - Make Your Move
Chapter 27 - I'm Not Okay
Chapter 28 - You Before Me
Chapter 29 - I Kissed A Dude
Authors Note! PLEASE READ!!
Chapter 30 - Darkness
Chapter 31 - Truth or Drink
Chapter 32 - Hurt
Chapter 33 - Now Or Never

Chapter 20 - My Mother

2.9K 93 5
Od DestineeDaniels

I kissed him.

I just wasted my first kiss.

But, is it really wasted if I enjoyed it?

I don't know how a kiss is supposed to go. I think it was the most amazing thing I've ever experienced. But then again I have nothing to compare it too.

And the way he kissed me, it was almost like he felt something for me. I know that he doesn't, but there was just so much passion about it. I'm glad I got to share my first kiss with him though. With one of my closest friends. It wasn't even awkward either.

But the fireworks. It was so much more intense then the sparks. And my stomach was flipped upside down. And it felt like I was floating, I felt so light. All my worries were gone. It was just me and him. It was amazing.

"Bradley." The sound of my name snaps me out of my thoughts. I look up to see Jess looking at me curiously. "What are you thinking about, girlie?"

I shrug, trying too act nonchalant, "Nothing."

She rolls her eyes and sits next to me, "I think you've mistaken me for someone who believes bullshit."

I laugh, "Seriously, it's nothing."

"As your friend I am not supposed to believe everything you say."

I sigh, "You won't drop it will you?" She leans back and shakes her head. "Kale and I kissed."

I have never seen anyone in my life get up as fast as she did in that very moment. "You did what!? When?"

I stand up with her, "Shut up! Keep your voice down." I put my hand over her mouth. "We were in the moment and it just happened. It was yesterday. But you can't tell anyone."

"Tell anyone what?" Damon came bursting into my room with the rest of the guys following.

"What? Are we keeping a secret?" That was Justin.

"What were you talking about?" Lucas asked. Kale was right behind him, looking confused.

I look at Jess with a pleading look.

"None of your business, damn." She rolls her eyes at them.

"So, we are keeping secrets now, huh?" Kale crosses his arms.

"I don't know, Kale. Are we?" Jessica raises an eyebrow.

His eyes widen in realization, he glances at me for a brief second. I bite my lip and cross my arms nervously. Then he looks at the guys, "It's probably not important. You know how girls can be."

"Whatever. We wanted to know if y'all wanted to go swimming with us."

I shrug, "Sure. We will meet you down there." I start pushing then out.

"What are you doing?" Damon asks.

"We need to change." Jess states matter-of-factly.

"That's the best part." He winks.

I roll my eyes and shove them into the hallway.

"I'm wearing one of yours."

"What else would you wear, Jess?" I scoff.

I go over to my dresser and pull out two bathing suits. One was black and strapless with neon green bottoms. The other top was hot pink with cuts in the middle that showed your cleavage. Matched with turquoise bottoms, the kind where you tie the sides.

I look over to Jess, she was examining them, "I will take the black. Pink isn't my color."

I grab mine and she grabs her and we change. I didn't really mind, we're both girls.

Once changed, I go grab towels from my bathroom. We walk through the house, and into the backyard to see the boys already in the pool messing around. I go set my towel down and sit on the side with my feet in the water.

"Bradley, get in!" Justin shouted.

"I think I'm good right here. Thanks though." I smile at him, enjoying the sun on my skin.

But she caught me on the counter, it wasn't me.

Saw me banging on the sofa, it wasn't me.

I even had her in the shower, it wasn't me.

She even caught me on camera, it wasn't me.

My phone started to ring, I look up at the guys. They were all looking at me with different expressions. Kale looked like he was about to explode with laughter. Justin just looked confused. Damon looked at me like I needed mental help. And Lucas looked at me like he wasn't even surprised. Jess didn't even look up.

I smile sheepishly and pick up my phone, it was Eli. "Hey, bud! We are having a swim party, you should totally come over. I miss you!" I say suddenly really happy, he really is amazing.

". . .Bradley?" His broken voice fills my ears. I scrunch my eyebrows together and stand up immediately.

I walk over to Jess laying in the law chair, and start to hit her, putting him on speaker. "Eli? Bud? What's wrong?"

"My dad, he. . .," His voice cut off.

"He what? What did he do?" I start to panic. Nothing can happen to him.

"Are you okay, kid?" Jess sits up hearing what he sounded like.

"He-,"

"Elijah! Get off that damn phone! Come here and let me finish what I started! Don't start calling your sluts now!" His father cut him off.

I clench my jaw and see Jess doing the same, "Where do you live? I'm coming over right now." I tell him.

"101 Northbound Boulevard. Help me. Please."

"I'm coming, stay on the phone." Me and Jess stand up. I turn to the guys, "Get out of that pool, right now and let's go." I tell them, they agree without asking why.

I run to the car and start driving, Jess was next to me giving me directions. I drive faster when I hear Eli's phone was thrown. Once we arrived I jumped out barely putting the car in park. I run to the front door and go inside.

"Dad! Please. Don't do this." I hear my little Eli say in a weak voice.

"You were a mistake Elijah, you're not even wanted." I hear his father sneer. I could feel my blood boil.

I turn a corner to see the bastards fist in the air, "Don't you dare put your filthy hands on him." I glare at him, my voice dangerously deeper.

His father looked at me shocked. "Who the fuck are you?" He snarled.

"None of your business, you big oaf." I say keeping it PG considering Eli's mother was in the room.

His father looked at me for a second, examining me, while he did that I looked at him closely. He looked oddly familiar. I gasped taking a step back. He spoke before I could, "Now I know you," He took a couple steps closer.

I glanced at Eli and his mother, they looked shocked and confused. I look at the guys and Jess next to me, they looked confused too.

I step closer to him, standing my ground. "I couldn't possibly forget your face." I spat at him.

"Well, well, well. You are a spitting image of your mother. If it isn't Dale's daughter. How's he doing anyways?"

I clench my fist, "He's in jail, where he belongs. And where you will soon be, Uncle Derek." Everyone gasps. But I pay them no mind. I start to walk around him, "Damn, y'all look exactly alike. And you both love to see people in pain. I guess some twins are exactly alike." I shake my head. "I haven't seen you in years. I forgot just how much of a disgusting pig you actually are. Maybe you can get a cell with my father? Or maybe your father. You all act the same. The twin apples didn't fall far from the tree." I remember how my father hated being compared to my grandfather. I was hoping Derek would as well. I wanted to hurt him.

Hurt flashed through his eyes, "Don't compare me to that coward."

"Why not? You act exactly like him." I tell him, void of emotion.

"Your father talked about you all the time, you know? You weren't supposed to happen. Neither were those dumb twins. He took advantage of her. Your mother. Told me all about it. He said his favorite part, was when she would beg him to stop. She-," I cut him off by punching him as hard as I can. He stumbles and falls. I jump on him and hit him repeatedly, they were sloppy punches. Not accurate. I was crying.

"Don't you ever mention my mother. Never." I scream at him, tears streaming down my face. I was soon pulled off of him, I was kicking and screaming and got one last kick at him, I kicked him in the gut. Kale was holding me, trying to calm me down. The other guys were holding Derek down. Jess was on the phone with the police.

I started to calm down and Kale loosened his grip, I turn back around and spit on Derek. I take a deep breathe.

"You're no different from us, Bradley. You aren't. What you just did to me? You have a darkness in you. Just waiting to come out."

I shake my head, "You're wrong. I did that because you deserved it. That was for me and Eli and all of my siblings. I got to do something to you I never got to do with my father. And I feel great. I had a darkness in me, but I just released it. Thank you for that." I tell him, I truly am grateful. The darkness I always felt, it's gone. I feel satisfied.

He glares at me, obviously mad his words didn't get to me.

"And I want to thank you again, along with my father. If y'all hadn't been the ruthless assholes you are. I never would have found out about my cousin and aunt," I smile at Eli and then my aunt. "Y'all helped me more than you intended to."

"Police! Open the door!"

Jess ran to the door and let them in pointing him out. They run over and cuff him," You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be provided for you. Do you understand the rights I have just read to you? With these rights in mind, do you wish to speak to me?" They tell him reciting the Miranda Right's. He stays silent.

Once he is out the I release a sigh of relief. I look up and see my aunt starring at me, with tears in her eyes.

She looks just like her.

My eyes start to well up with tears and she runs up and hugs me. "Aunt Melissa." I cry into her arms.

She kisses my head, "You look just like your mother sweetheart."

I wipe my tears, "Me? Look at you, y'all are identical." I examine her. My mothers twin sister. "I haven't seen her in so long." The tears fall again.

"I see her everyday."

I look at her. Oh my gosh. She's reminded daily of what she lost. She sees it on herself. And I see myself in her, as well.

I really do look like my mother. I think, proudly.

I look at Eli and see it in him as well. Just like his mother. How did I miss that before?

"Hey little cousin." I tease Eli.

He smiles, the biggest smile and comes up and hugs me. "Thank you, Bradley. So much."

"Of course. Anything for family."

"Bradley." Aunt Melissa smiles. "You know I picked that name?"

I smile, I did know she chose it. "Mom told me. She talked about you all the time. She loved you so much." I tell her.

"Oh, Bradley. Your mother would never shut up about you. She talked about Brady and Brailey too. But you always found your way back to the conversation. She had so much love for you, Brad. She always said you were the strongest and you would get so far in life." I blush. "And you were only eight at the time."

Her words brought nothing, but pure bliss.

A/N: I hope you enjoy this chapter!! I really took my time writing this. I also hope I surprised you guys. Comment your opinions please and direct message me if you have any critique to give me( did I say that right?) or any ideas. Thank you for staying with my and reading this book. Goodnight/Good Morning/Good Evening my lovelies!! :))

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

100K 3.1K 46
"I've never seen a broken girl be so badass," Caleb said with a smirk. _*_*_*_ Bianca is broken, all of her hope destroyed, her happiness shattered a...
62.1K 1.4K 38
Amber had been trying to run away most of her life. When she finally succeeded, she found the place she would call home in her heart. Four boys- two...
53.5K 1.2K 10
*Discontinued, due to the extreme embarrassment it has become. * "I don't date jerks." I glared at him. He chuckled and pulled me into his arms "The...
33.5K 3.1K 23
"Why are you ignoring me?" "Ahh---Lucas I don't know. Whenever I have tried to trust someone I have been betrayed. Even my so-called friends have hur...