Accidental Father [1]

By ravsisrekt

"H-Hi." "Who are you?" the little boy questioned. "I'm," Hoseok struggled, "I uh, I'm your A-Appa..." - Watc... More

Prologue: What's Your Name?
Chapter 1: Invitation
Chapter 2: I Trust You
Chapter 3: I Have To Leave
Chapter 4: Let's Get To The Party!
Chapter 5: Stay Away From Me
Chapter 6: What A Cute Child!
Chapter 7: You Wanted Us Gone
Chapter 8: Cloud Nine
Chapter 9: Secret Friends
Chapter 10: It Matters
Chapter 11: You Avoiding Me?
Chapter 12: Jay Park [LMAO]
Chapter 13: Don't Move Away If I Kiss You Again
Chapter 14: Last Time
Chapter 15: I'm Your Appa
Chapter 16: Yeri Ran
Chapter 17: Before the Shoot
Chapter 18: Vomit
Chapter 19: She's Always Angry
Chapter 20: Animalistic
Chapter 21: Reoccurring Nightmare
Chapter 22: Our Son
Chapter 23: Shower Head
Chapter 24: Third Time's the Charm
Chapter 25: Maturity Can Wait
Chapter 26: A Little Jump to the End
Chapter 27: Picture Worth A Thousand Dollars
Chapter 28: I Quit
Chapter 30: The Bellhop's Interesting Life
Chapter 31: Taehyung's Koala Attack
Chapter 32: "Hoseok!"
Chapter 33: Night-Out Disaster
Chapter 34: He Knows What He Wants
Chapter 35: The Finale
SERIES COMPLETE

Chapter 29: I'll Always Protect You and Yeri

35.4K 2.1K 1.6K
By ravsisrekt

Hoseok sat, cheek slightly scratched and back numb from the clawing as he failed to have his posture rest against the back of the chair. Swiping his bum to help cushion his dying pain from simply being seated, he tried not to remember how he got in this injured state to begin with. I can't believe just a walk from a car to revolving doors would be this much of a disaster.

Snapping out of his thoughts the moment he heard a soft voice from beside him, he almost flinched away from the man's touch when trying to reassure him. It was Jin, he said, "I'm sure management knows what to do," he sighed before looking over and waiting for BangPD and the rest of the crew to join his office.

The atmosphere felt like visiting the principal's office after doing something terribly bad. Even though he hadn't because he loved every minute of his time with you last night, he still couldn't believe that the band members around him were now as well facing the consequences of his decisions. I involuntarily am responsible for this...

Hoseok nodded at Jin slowly, only to go ahead and slowly stare at the other boys who were just as worried as Jin, all gawking and smiling gently in his direction.

All kept saying it was going to be okay, but why did it feel like the end of the world so thoroughly if it was going to be okay? Why did this attention, this scandal, and this pain feel everlasting?

Hoseok began moving his knee. Up and down, up and down, he struggled to find peace within him even in the room he was safely in. His thoughts kept going to you and what conditions you were probably in. The whole morning he tried to call and yet you didn't pick up his calls, that on its own saddened his heart and made his brain go wild. He didn't know what you thought of this situation...what you thought of him still.

And now he was here, trying to relax himself when thinking of the only positive in this situation. Yeri being safe with a retired PD Nim and his family. No word had leaked out about the child, but knowing that reporters were trying to dig into your life, it was obvious that that stick would be dug out eventually as well. The press would find out about Yeri soon enough, and when they did, Hoseok knew the media and the fans would torment you on being a mother and sleeping with an idol.

Hoseok knew they would stay continuing to ruin you.

"Hobi-ah?"

Hoseok didn't hear that. Nor did he hear the bundled up group of people that walked in through the main doors of the office. He simply stayed in his thoughts, knees still shaking.

Jin had to snatch Hoseok away from his dazed expression as he touched Hoseok's shoulder. Having the man instantly jolt awake and present, he took a few breaths to uncover the situation before him. Hoseok studied each and every face before he met the eyes of BangPD.

Bowing his head a little, Hoseok peeked his eyes as a squint when staring back at the man. He tried to look for something in the man's face, disapproval, disappointment, anger? But he find nothing but a casual smile on his face that seemed to be forced when seating himself in front of the boys.

"There are reporters and fans sadly getting past our security," he said lightly, staring over at each band member, "Unfortunately, we've decided to call the police to help get at least some of the bodies that are trespassing our building grounds and trying to break in."

"I recommend that you all stay here for a few nights. It'll be safer this way, and I, along with the other crew in the building who are camping out, will have your backs," BangPD continued.

Hoseok watched as it got quiet. Looking over at everyone once again and then seeing his eyes to meet BangPD's, the anxious man pursed his lips before talking, "I uh," Hoseok swallowed, "I'm sorry the events of my night were caught. I didn't mean for any of my personal life to come in and affect the group so strongly."

BangPD nodded, "I know."

Hoseok nodded back.

Namjoon was the one to speak now, "We all know this isn't your fault."

Hoseok nodded again, very slowly.

"This came as a shock to me," BangPD softly chuckled, eyes narrowing over at the boys who didn't laugh, "I just assumed you'd be a little smarter and follow what you did with other woman Hoseok. The few that have entered your life outside of Y/N, you've managed to date under the rug and keep it from spreading like wildfire."

"Most of you have been safe," the man spoke, glancing over at Namjoon who cleared his throat awkwardly and looked over at some of the women in the staff that blushed. Awkwardly smiling, Namjoon stared at his feet, smile fading so fast once he knew no one was staring at him.

Hoseok moved his gaze away from Namjoon as he thought back to his experiences with women instead of Namjoon's long line of flirtatious nights.

He nibbled at his cheeks when remembering the past few months. Hoseok was barely his 'normal' self that the fans saw in every showcased tapping. He rarely made jokes as freely from the stresses of his personal life and the job weighing on him. Then the nightmares started and he kept wanting to see Yeri and you and he even missed a few important dates with the band. He knew some of the fans noticed the change and probably blamed it now on this incident, but no, it wasn't because of you. This change was all on Hoseok as he had been trying to figure out his life and what he really wanted in his life. He wanted you and Yeri.

"Well those women weren't Y/N," he said gently, eyes moving to meet his boss's again. "Every time I'm with her, especially in the stages of her still getting used to me...I'm unpredictable and clearly weigh down this group."

"No you don't," Jimin whispered, and the rest of the group looked sad over his words.

"Don't feel like a burden," Yoongi whispered as well, staring over, "I barely get up out of bed properly without you to scream at me in your good moods."

"Jimin hyung and I barely have fun with the dancing without you around," Jungkook piped, wanting his two cents in.

"You're important to the schedule and have been messing up a little, sure," Taehyung started, staring over at all the boys he found to be his brothers, "...but who doesn't need some time off to just worry about personal life sometimes? You're human. You're allowed to have days where you don't feel entirely like yourself."

Namjoon squeezed at Taehyung's shoulder as the boy tried to soothe the situation. Hoseok let them speak and try to ease his mind. He forced on a tiny smile before nodding, did he entirely feel less burdened now? Yes. But that feeling still stayed and he knew it would rise to bother him again the moment he started overthinking.

"You're needed and welcome in this team just like any of the other boys Hobi-ah," BangPD sighed out, "I'm not trying to blame this on you. I just need you to know how careful you have to be. You're an idol under a company that I run. Everything you do, everything you say, it affects this group, everyone who works here, and me. I need you to know your responsibilities."

Hoseok let that sink in.

"I," he struggled as he finished his troubling beg for help, "I don't know how to stop this..."

The boss's eyes softened. "You don't have to do this alone. We're all here for a couple of days in this building and we will find ways to die down this news. We will figure this situation out."

Everyone nodded at that, but Hoseok, he kept thinking about you.

Plus, the fact that you were starting to spam and blow up his phone in text messages now wasn't helping his troubled mind. He had to ask about you.

"What about Y/N? Will she be coming here as well?" he asked, needing to know what his team and BangPD had in store to help you.

BangPD's reassuring smile faltered a little as his eyes grew soft. Hoseok didn't like the look of it, seeing how uncomfortable the whole staff and his boss got from the news. The boys however, the boys were on his page as well. Reading into the gazes and glances the team were sending one another in confusion.

"Hobi hyung has a point," Taehyung tried, eyes narrowed when staring at the staff behind BangPD who were staring lowly at the ground under their feet, "we can't just leave her out there. I'm sure they've found where she's staying."

"We've talked amongst ourselves and most of the staff have argued in their points," BangPD sighed, meeting Hoseok's testing eyes, "I think it's best that you don't communicate with her until this whole thing blows over. It's the best for this company, and for you both."

Hoseok's brows furrowed at that. "Are you sure it's best for us both? Or is it what's best for the company?"

The boys looked between Hoseok who held the most disappointed expression before staring back over at their boss. They spoke nothing as they heard out the conversation and tried to see both sides to this upcoming argument that was ready to brew.

"What're you implying?"

Hoseok felt anger replacing his uneasiness as he looked around the walls of this office. Here he was hoping to feel relaxed after such a meeting, but that was long gone. Of course, of course this wasn't about helping me.

"This meeting...this wasn't held so we could find ways to protect me, or even face the media that is outside," Hoseok started, getting angrier by the minute as all of it clicked within him, This is about staying quiet locked up in this building for what, so the news dies down and the fans get tired of picking on Y/N all day?"

"Hoseok you won't understand the decisions I have to make as the sole leader of this company," BangPD sighed, practically seeing the disappointment that was laced in Hoseok's eyes through misunderstanding. The boy wasn't looking at this logically, nor was he looking at it through the boss's eyes. Hoseok was emotionally triggered as all his heart cared for at this moment was his family suffering, BTS suffering, and staying quiet was something he didn't want.

"This isn't about protecting the boys either," Hoseok spat, "this is about protecting our reputation as a band so our sales don't go down...it's not about saving both of my families."

The boy's looked over at Hoseok with soft eyes. Most of them had their heads ducked as they listened, while many wanted to speak but refrained themselves from saying a word as Hoseok grew more and more heated.

"You're reading into this information the way you want to see it," BangPD said softly, trying to ease Hoseok but it didn't work, "I'm not the bad guy here...I'm just trying to be the neutral ring; I'm trying to be the man who both the corporate side and personal side of all you boys can reflect off of."

"By throwing Y/N and her reputation under the bus?" Hoseok asked, heart breaking.

"I've talked to her and she's willing to stay quiet about this situation until the news find something more interesting to hold on to. She understands my job, your position, and she was mad- yes, yes she was mad, but she wished to help you and your family here," BangPD began, letting his side of this turmoil slip through his lips, "She knows how much this means to you. You're an idol and this is what life is Hoseok. At least for now."

Hoseok's face scrunched at that. He hated everything. He hated staring over at his boss's face, he hated the pity-filled eyes of the staff behind him, and he hated the boys who had their heads swooped and bent without saying a word.

"So I'm just supposed to accept and let her take the fall a second time?" Hoseok asked, defeated as he felt like history was repeating itself.

"Hyung, she wants to help-"

Jungkook pursed his lips when Hoseok glared in his direction with disbelief.

"You all think this is okay? That we should just stay quiet in order to save our career and have her see what's she's built hit the ground from criticism?"

"No, of course not," Namjoon spoke for the rest of the team, feeling weird about how the boys were now being questioned of their loyalties to Hoseok's family. "We'll be there to help her, and we'll try to build a response to the fans later. But we've got to wait for this to die down."

Hoseok's eyes narrowed at Namjoon who tried to explain himself.

"We can't keep giving the media more on what to report. Right now, everything is out of our hands...I think that's what BangPD Nim meant. He's thinking for us all," Namjoon whispered the last bit.

Hoseok stared at Namjoon for the longest time. Feeling sweat started to pool at his temple, he couldn't help but constantly think of his dream. The dream that reflected what his brain and subconscious was trying to tell him this entire time. The one thing he couldn't deny or ignore any longer...

Hoseok felt like he couldn't have both. I can't be an idol and a father to Yeri at the same time. I can't have both.

Standing up from his chair slowly, Hoseok's teeth gritted as he looked at everyone before him. He didn't really bother in looking at the band members who still stared at their feet. Hoseok met his eyes straight, and dead in BangPD's pupils, watching as the man had the softest expression on his face.

"I no longer want any part of the trajectory of this boy group," Hoseok said sternly, watching heads bounce up to see him in shock from the corners of his eyes. "I want out. Whether that means breaking some contract, having me pay money, or suing me in court, I don't care."

"N-No, hyung," Jimin's eyes were wide along with everyone else. Some of the boys even got out of their seat in shock, trying to touch Hoseok but he'd flinch away as he finished his train of words.

"The boys don't need me and the fans will eventually forget I was ever a part of the group," he let out bitterly, thinking of all the times he was ignored or felt insecure about his own talents while in the group, "this group, this fame, it's all temporary and if I pick it over what really matters a second time...I will never be happy."

BangPD was shocked, heart sinking as he looked over at Hoseok insanely mad.

"I can't have both right? So save your corporate business on your own time as I'm done being a part of it," Hoseok snapped lastly, moving past his chair as he stormed to the door.

The boys rushed after him as Hoseok left the room entirely.

It wasn't easy for him to tune out their calls. Hoseok wanted his skin to curl over in disgust at how hard it was for him to snap away from them shooting his name, begging, almost crying, but he was stubborn and determined to be faster than them while leaving and rushing down stairs. Escaping the lobby and away from any familiar work staff, Hoseok wished to find one face and one face only. The one driver who had been assigned to Hoseok when he had first gone to Yeri's party. He knew that man would understand and try to get him out of this building, even if it meant disobeying or going behind BangPD's back without orders.

Jogging out the back and towards the cars that were parked in rows, Hoseok managed to hide from the rest of Bangtan that chased him out, feet slapping gravel and stones as he made it a mission to get to the building out back that held more of their workers, along with driving test schedules for the staff.

Anger flared, Hoseok slapped his hands on the glass door and allowed himself in. Seeing surprised eyes to see him, even security was confused when he asked for his driver. The receptionist at front pointed sheepishly in a direction, having heard of the boys but never really seeing any of them close to her in this building. Sure, she worked for the company, but not all workers got a taste to see who their bosses were.

Hoseok thanked her before rushing towards what looked like a cafeteria. Eyes shooting around, he panicked when hearing some of Bangtan catch up to him by the entrance of the building. Hastily eyeing each and every driver who ate, along with the glances of confusion each gave him, he finally met the familiar eyes of his driver who smiled lightly and waved.

Jogging and almost bumping and destroying most of the chairs and tables aligned to eat, Hoseok was harsh with his words, not willing to talk no for an answer.

"I need your help."

Swearing when all drivers heard the rest of Bangtan calling for Hoseok, the idol watched as the smile on the driver before him seemed to fall, confusion and uneasiness stretching across his face when looking over at Hoseok again.

"What's going on?"

"I need you to drive me to Y/N's hotel. You'll probably get in trouble for it, and the car will be mobbed while getting out of here, but I need this. Please," Hoseok breathlessly explained, stepping towards the man in desperation himself.

The man did nothing but stare for a moment.

-

Hoseok did nothing but stare for a moment.

Watching his phone and breathing lowly when inside the car with his driver, he stayed in the back where there was tinted windows. Feeling himself sink when seeing Namjoon, Jin, Yoongi, Taehyung, Jimin, and Jungkook all chase after the car in the back parking lot with difficulty, the man didn't think twice before grabbing at his phone and finally building the courage to call you.

His knee was crazy, bouncing, dancing, and unable to sit still as the phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Y/N?" he questioned, jaw numb from all the clenching it so often.

"What's wrong?" he heard your beautiful voice worriedly ask.

"A lot."

There was a second voice. It was Jaeun as she asked him, "What's wrong Hobi-ah?"

"It's Bangtan," he said through his teeth. He could still hear defeated and begging calls from the boys as he exited the last turn of the back parking lot. They slowed down their jogs the minute security closed off the gates because of fans that tried to sneak in through the back.

"What about your group?" Your voice was back and Hoseok couldn't find his anger to subside just yet.

Hoseok was harsh with his next words. "I quit," he spat.

-

"What do you mean you quit?" you asked in worry, seeing the man right before you as he stumbled hurt and frustrated into your hotel room.

You looked over at Kennah and the driver that seemed to be helping Hoseok in. Seeing them leave, you were utterly conflicted and confused at the sights of the driver but you thanked him anyway.

"I'll show you a secret way out of here," Kennah chimed, wanting to help and it was visible in the way the boy directed the driver towards the end of the hall, "We'll get a chauffeur who works at this building to bring the car to the back entrance so you can get back."

The driver nodded before staring at Hoseok who thanked him softly. He nodded before staring at you. You were close to exploding for questions, so the driver left, leaving the two of you alone to talk but managed to get a few words out. "Don't go down there for a while, they've cleared out most of the traffic but him being here will probably spark more people to come down."

Your brows furrowed deeply but you nodded nonetheless. Closing the door behind them, this felt like the same rushed goodbye you had given Jaeun and her daughter just a moment ago. It was like everyone knew you two had to be alone for this conversation but that on it's own intrigued you, all while making you filled with more anxiety.

Locking the door and moving towards the man who was scratched up and clearly not in the best emotionally state, your eyes softened as you stood right in front of him. Hand at his chin before cupping awkwardly at his cheek, you tried not touching his wound.

You felt your guts tear when seeing him hurt. You didn't know why you felt like all of this was one you, but you did.

"What happened?"

Eyes softening further when he did nothing but instantly hug you, your arms struggled in hugging him back at first, but the moment he sighed in relief and sunk his head into your neck from crying, your awkward form grew relaxed before you hugged him just as tightly back.

His hands were desperate, his body wanting to stay glued to you as he breathed you in.

"Hoseok I'm highly confused and on the verge of bombarding you with questions," you squeaked, feeling yourself growing red out of worry. Nothing sat right with you at the moment. "Tell me what happened..."

"I quit," he said simply, nose moving into your hair, "I'm done with this. All I want is you and Yeri. That's it."

You didn't know what to say at that. Feeling a slight flutter at your chest, along with the heartbreak of the situation, you pursed your lips before moving a bit away. He still had his arms around you, but you had to be able to see his face when staring at him speak.

"You've already got Yeri," you whispered, "...don't let this scandal determine whether or not you stay with your boys. You left me for this job long time ago. Considering your feelings and everything you sacrificed, I'm assuming being an idol and being with BigHit truly means something to you."

Hoseok stared numbly at you as he moved into your touch. "You mean more," he breathed out, sinking his lips to the palm of your hand as you tried to cup his cheeks so he could look at you.

You were frozen at that, trying to register all that needed to be said from your mind and out. But you couldn't say anything. Instead, you just let his hurting, overwhelmed, and angry body hold her and sink his head back to your shoulder. Hugging him back, you heard Hoseok sigh again.

"I'll always protect you and Yeri," his heart spoke through his lips at your collarbone.

His hands gripped tighter, arms squeezing your waist closer and closer to him. Hoseok finally let the overwhelming circumstances hit him as he cried.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

318 2 17
PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS 'HyunJin Who?' WAS CHANGED DUE TO THE FLOW OF STORY. _________________________ This story was originally Written on The App Call...
84.8K 4.8K 43
'Work. Out of the country. One month or more.' Was what you texted me a few days ago. Just like everything was planned out, your absence made it easi...
2.7M 155K 42
"How can you not be on time for a simple arrival?" He laughs a little too evilly. "But I understand why your father put you as this low ranking job...
14.9K 725 38
wherein Jung Hoseok is the only one who feels like something or someone is missing. •×××ו Hoseok starts to have drea...