Think Pink (Grease 2) ✔

MichelleSmith473 द्वारा

'Till death do us part, think pink!' (Based on Grease 2) Highest ranking #1 in Grease 2 अधिक

The Cast
Back to school, again
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Rehearsals
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chemistry
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Shakespeare
Chapter 10
Winter Formal
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Epilogue

Chapter 31

628 20 78
MichelleSmith473 द्वारा

'It's not too late to back out now Johnny,' Goose joked whilst they waited outside of city hall for Paulette to arrive.

'Yeah it is,' Michael said as Johnny lit a cigarette to hide his nerves. It wasn't the ceremony he was scared of, it was the rest of his life. He looked up as a car pulled up and he watched as Sharon and Louis got out, Sharon in a pale green Jackie Kennedy inspired outfit. They walked over hand in hand, Davey tagging along behind them.

'Paulette's on her way,' Sharon told Johnny. 'Why don't you go wait inside.'

His mother nodded. 'Yes Jonathan, this wind is ruining my hair.' She adjusted her hat and patted her hair down to empathise the point.

'Okay then,' he said leading the way inside.

'Hey, wouldn't it be funny if Paulette jilted you,' Goose joked.

Sharon frowned. 'Goose she's on her way. Besides the bride is supposed to be late, it's traditional.'

'There's nothing traditional about this wedding,' Johnny's mom said giving him a hard look. Johnny ignored her, eavesdropping on Louis's whispered words to Sharon.

'So do you wanna book the wedding while we're here,' Louis suggested, and Johnny snorted at the expression on Sharon's face.

'Louis we are not getting married here,' she hissed. 'I want something a bit more impressive than this.'

'I know, I'm just messing with you, babe.'

Johnny tried not to feel offended, this was the last thing he would have wanted period. Getting married had never been on his radar. He tensed up as Stephanie came in.

'Paulette's outside!'

'So what are we waiting for?' Johnny asked standing up straighter.

'I think you should go in first,' Stephanie said taking hold of Michael's hand. 'So Paulette can make an entrance.'

Johnny's mom tutted, before going into the hall where the wedding was to take place. The room was almost bare with so few guests, and Johnny's friends sat down near the front. He stood watching the door. Finally, Paulette appeared wearing a pink shift dress and holding a small bouquet of flowers.

She caught Johnny's eye and smiled as she entered the room. Johnny smiled back telling himself that he was lucky. She was attractive, she was a good person, and she adored him. He knew he couldn't ask for more and yet he was apprehensive. She joined him at the front of the room and he took her hand squeezing it. Whether he was trying to reassure Paulette or himself he wasn't entirely sure.

                                                                   ~~~~

Paulette held onto Johnny's hand for dear life as the ceremony began. Johnny had a huge smile on his face but Paulette could see it was a front, she knew Johnny too well. Mrs Nogerelli was also smiling, and Paulette suspected it was also for show. She barely knew the woman, they couldn't have got off to a worse start, but she was grateful she was there. For Johnny's sake more than anyone's.

During the drive to city hall, Paulette had been terrified Johnny would stand her up. Now with him standing beside her, she dared to feel a little bit hopeful that they would have the family she'd always wanted. The door opened and she jumped. There stood her mother.

'Sorry, sorry,' Mrs Rebchuck whispered taking a seat and the service continued. Now Paulette felt truly happy, she was convinced it would work out, both their mothers were coming around.

'I knew she wouldn't miss this,' she heard Dolores whisper to Davey.

'She cut it a bit fine,' he murmured back.

The service concluded and Paulette almost breathed a sigh of relief when they signed the official paperwork. She was now Mrs Jonathan Nogerelli!

'Well that was a bit anti-climatic,' she heard Sharon say.

'Yeah, I thought it was supposed to be a big deal?' Goose said his brows furrowing. 'Aren't we gonna do something to celebrate?' Paulette looked uneasily at Johnny but his mom spoke up.

'You can all come back to our house. I've put on a bit of food and drink, and some of the neighbours might come over. I wanted to make a bit of an effort.'

Paulette did not miss the look she shot at her mom. Obviously, neither of them were happy but Johnny's mom was handling it marginally better.

                                                                           ~~~~

Johnny was pleased to see his mom had arranged something like a celebration when they got back home. A few friends and neighbours began to arrive, along with some of his closest relatives. He could see Paulette's mom was uncomfortable as she stood talking to Dolores, and he felt a bit sorry that none of her side was there. That said, she had reacted terribly, and his mom would have been reluctant to contact her.

'Hey ma, when did you make all this food?' He hadn't noticed her in the kitchen that morning.

'I made most of it yesterday at Maria's house, and she brought it over while you were getting married.' Johnny shouted over his thanks to Louis's mom who was stood talking to Sharon.

'So are you happy now Mrs Nogerelli?' Johnny asked Paulette getting into the spirit of the occasion.

'Sure Johnny,' she said and kissed him briefly. He realised it was pretty much the first physical contact they'd had in weeks. He saw his mom go over to Mrs Dimucci, and he grabbed Paulette's hand.

'Come on, let's join them.' She gave him a puzzled look as Johnny almost barged into the group.

'Hey ma, you remember Sharon, Louis's girlfriend, she's been here a few times with him.' His mother and Sharon looked slightly confused.

'Yes Jonathan, I know Sharon,' his mom said with a slight frown.

'Right, you do. Her and Louis are getting married.'

'Oh congratulations,' she said looking from Sharon to Louis. 'Maria did say.' Johnny held in a sigh, of course, Louis's mom would have said.

'Yeah, they'll be joining me and Paulette before you know it.' He caught Paulette's eye and winked.

'We're not getting married until next summer,' Sharon said while Johnny's mom admired her engagement ring.

'We've gotta save up first,' Louis added, and Maria jumped in.

'That won't take long now you're working, and your dad and I will help. Besides I don't want to wait too long for more grandchildren.' Louis gaped at her, and Paulette giggled.

'I'll probably finish the associate's diploma first,' Sharon said. 'So even if we get married I'll have to wait a while before getting pregnant.'

Louis's mom smiled indulgently at her. 'Sharon babies don't just arrive when you want them to.'

'No Paulette here's proof of that,' Johnny's mom said dampening the mood again.

'Yeah but she won't be on her own for long,' Johnny said. He shot Sharon an apologetic look, and she scowled in return. 'Come on Paulette, let's get a drink.' He led Paulette away from the group.

'What was that all about?' she asked indicating back to Sharon and Louis who appeared to be getting interrogated by his mom.

'Just making a point to my mom. She's acting like we're too young to have a baby. Well before long everyone will be joining us. We've just got a head start.'

Paulette smiled broadly at him. 'Yeah, we have. You always were one step ahead Johnny.' He laughed, telling himself this wasn't the end of the world after all.

                                                                            ~~~~

Paulette watched Johnny's mom fawning over Sharon and tried not to let it annoy her. All in all, it had been the perfect day. Her mom had only stayed for an hour before leaving with Dolores but Paulette appreciated she was trying to make amends.

'I can't believe I'm heading off to college next week,' Rhonda remarked to her. 'This summer has flown by.' Paulette nodded, with all her worry over her pregnancy summer had barely registered with her.

'I can't believe you're going away Rhon,' Goose said. 'Sharon's staying here.'

Sharon's ears perked up at the sound of her name and she joined them. 'God I can't believe I've spent the last hour talking baby-making with my future mother in law! Talk about embarrassing.'

Paulette caught her eye and indicated to Goose and Rhonda.

'Goose I'm gonna be on the other side of the country,' Rhonda said slowly. 'Pretty much till next summer.'

Goose frowned, almost as if this was news to him. 'But you'll be home for Christmas?'

'Maybe but how do you think it's gonna work if we never see each other?' Rhonda bit her lip, and Paulette wondered if she should give them some privacy.

'I guess it won't work Rhon,' Goose said slowly, and Rhonda nodded. 'But in the future...when you come back from college.'

'Yeah definitely in the future....' Rhonda said with a forced smile. She reached up to hug Goose and he kissed her head.

'I'm gonna get a drink,' he said making an excuse to leave. Paulette put an arm around Rhonda as they watched Goose go and join Johnny.

'That could have gone worse,' Paulette said softly. 

Steph nodded. 'Goose will be fine, it's better to make a clean break.' Paulette didn't doubt that, Goose wouldn't stay down for long.

Sharon looked at them, her face sombre. 'I guess this is the end,' she said biting her lip.

'The end?' Steph asked.

'Of us as a foursome, as the pink ladies.' They all looked at each, the mood suddenly melancholic.

'Don't say that,' Rhonda said her eyes welling up. 'I will come back.'

'Yeah and we'll always be pink ladies,' Paulette exclaimed. She reached out to embrace them, pulling them into a group hug. 'Remember, till death do us part, think pink!' They laughed hugging each other, in spite of all their ups and downs they'd always be friends.

                                                             ~~~~

                                                          The End

Once again, thank you for reading ❤

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

31.1K 537 20
-"Do you pull bitches?"- -"What??"- -"Well your middle name is Tate so I just assumed..."- -"Alright motherfucker."-
23.3K 1K 27
" i will never let anything happen to you"
2M 49.3K 34
❝Only three things are infinite: the universe, human stupidity, and my hate for Damon Salvatore; and I'm not even sure about the universe.❞ In 1864...
1.1M 48.5K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC