If We Fall (A SoMa Fan-Fictio...

Bởi MissRomanceJunkie

Maka is realising she's beginning to grow feelings for Soul. What she doesn't know is that Soul feels the sam... Xem Thêm

Blinded By Fear
Feelings Begin To Surface
What If...
Lets Hope Tonight
Author Notes
The Regret
Starting Fresh
BlackStar Is the Basketball God
No Disturbing The Patients
Training
No Ones Burden
Before The Fall
If We Fall, We Fall Together
When You Fall, You Fly
Before The Storm
Always By Your Side
Meme.
WOOHOO NEW CHAPTER

Apologies

2.4K 89 17
Bởi MissRomanceJunkie

APOLOGIES

A/N:

(I put a little of this in Soul's P.O.V just for your enjoyment. Have fun, thanks for all the reads an enjoy. You guys are really amazing. Little hard for me well because I'm not a guy so to try and think like Soul would ( a guy) was difficult for me. Eh I tried. :") SOUL EATER FOREVER!)

<>~<>~<>

=Soul's P.O.V=

What was Maka's problem?! Of course I didn't think she was weak.

With a frustrated groan, I ran a hand through my hair and stared at her retreating figure. Hopefully, she would just go home and not get into any trouble.

The group had fallen into an awkward silence, telling me I should probably leave. A hand placed on my shoulder made me jump. I turned to look at Tsubaki who was smiling slightly.

Was she ever actually upset? Come to think of it, I hadn't seen her extremly angry in a very long time.

She sent me a look that said I should go apologise before taking her hand off of me and walking back over to the rest of the group.

Sighing, I shoved my hands into the pockets of my jeans and started trudging after Maka. How she got the idea that I thought she was weak into her mind was beyond me.

I'd just been worried about her lately. With the whole situation of her being in the infirmary for nearly the past week, there was no way in hell I couldn't be concerned.

When she had coughed up the black blood was when everything started to weigh me down. I couldn't let anything happen to her. It would be on my conscious twenty four seven if she was injured and I hadn't even tried protect her.

In an odd way, I felt like this was my fault.

I knew she wanted to get back into the action but I still felt like she wasn't ready.

"I shouldn't be overprotective thats so not cool!" I grumbled, kicking a loose stone on the concrete path.

I started to think up an apology in my head. After I had finished deciding what I should say, memory's started flooding my mind.

One in particular was when Maka was sprawled on the couch, reading some book like she always was. Her hair was down for once which made her hot instead of her usual cute pigtails.

Her face was what caught my attention the most that day. She seemed so lost in the book. So peaceful and happy. The way she would give the slightest smile at the pages when she read over a certain part. How her large emerald eyes would shine as they ran across the lines quickly.

Shaking my head, I sighed and wondered why someone like her had even wanted me to be her partner in the first place. She was such a great student. A perfect meister. Well mannered and highly respected.

Then there was me. The trash. Couldn't live up to anyone's expectations. The sleaze who seemed to just get by because of his partner. She was everything, I was nothing.

Before I knew it, I had reached the apartment. With a few short breaths outside of the building, I entered and listened to hear if Maka was inside.

When nothing but silence greeted me, I realised she might be sleeping off her anger in her room. If she didn't go beat the crap out of something she would just sleep away her problems.

Usually, she never really held a grudge against anyone for too long. She was forgiving. That was just how amazing she was.

I stood outside of Maka's door, not being able to muster up enough courage to turn the door handle or even knock.

'Just do it you wuss!' I mentally yelled at myself, hoping I'd grow some balls and just do it.

"Maka," I called out, tapping on the door with my fist a few times.

There was no reply. I tried again and still nothing. Getting slightly agitated, I said I was just coming in and opened the door.

Maka was curled up on her bed, facing away from the door, towards the wall. I couldn't tell if she was asleep or not so I stood over her and pushed her fringe out of her face.

"Go away Soul," she muttered, hugging the pillow she had next to her tighter.

"I'm sorry," I blurted out, sitting on the bed next to her.

Maka sighed and rubbed a hand along her cheek. I only now noticed the wet lines running down each cheek from her beautiful eyes.

I had made her cry. I was such an ass.

Maka slowly sat up next to me and placed the pillow off to the side. She brought her knees close to her chest and leaned her head on them.

"I don't think your weak Maka..." I mumbled "I just don't want you getting hurt again."

Maka turned to look at me, her eyes glazing over again with fresh tears.

"I'm sorry too," she murmured, averting her gaze and staring at the quilt on the bed.

Before I could back out of it, I wrapped both of my arms around her and brought her closer to my body. I never wanted to see her cry again.

=Maka's P.O.V=

After Soul had come into my room, I wasn't sure what to do. To send him away or apologise for blowing my fuse at him? I was still worried about the fact that we wouldn't work out because we fought too much.

I didn't want our soul resonance to be ruined. I needed Soul in my life. As my partner. He apologised to me, telling me that he was only concerned about my well being.

All the anger I had stored up at him for thinking he presumed I was weak fell away. My stomach twisted when I looked into his dark red eyes and saw how sincere he was.

I glanced downwards before I started crying again and tried to concentrate on the blankets on my bed. Much to my utter surprise, Soul had pulled me against his body, his arms tightly around my back.

"Im sorry too," I choked out, biting the inside of my cheek to stop from sobbing.

A wave of relief washed over me when no tears fell down my face. I brought my arms around Soul's waist and buried my face in his shoulder.

Soul pulled away slightly and moved some more hair off of my face. He tucked a bit of it behind my ear before smiling his crooked kind of grin. The grin that could have me forgetting about everything in seconds.

I smiled back at him and wondered why he had even stuck around with me. How could he possibly like someone like me? It confused me to no end.

I was a violent bookworm who did nothing but hit him. I was flat chested and my clothes were slightly on the boyish side, minus the skirt. I was such a good girl compared to Soul.

He was cool. Didn't care what people thought about him. Honestly, I wanted to be like that. Not worrying about everything. Not trying to perfect even the smallest of things.

I was dragged out of my thoughts when I realised Soul's lips were on mine. My eyes widened before I closed them and melted into his touch.

His hands around my back tightened as I threaded my own into his white hair.

I had always described it as scruffy but the texture was anything but. My fingers ran through the soft, silky strands effortlessly.

I hated to say it but I was actually jealous at how nice Soul's hair was. Yet another aspect that made him better than me. I was sure I was in love with my partner. I didn't just like him anymore. I loved him.

We pulled away for breath, my heart beating incredibly fast. I was sure my face was red seeing as how hot it felt. Soul rested his forehead on mine, flashing his sharp teeth in a smile.

His teeth had always interested me. I loved how unique they were. He was truly like no one else. Soul was Soul. No one could measure up to how great he was.

"Soul," I murmured, inhaling deeply before continuing what I was about to say "I-I love y-you."

Soul's crimson eyes widened for a minute as we sat in silence. His grin seemed to widen as the information I had told him sunk in.

"I love you too Maka," he replied, his cheeks turning an adorable shade of pink.

Soul went to bring his lips closer to mine when a loud noise interrupted us. The doorbell continued to ring, leaving me no choice but to go answer the door.

Sighing, I unwrapped my arms from around Soul and rushed to the door. When I opened it, I was greeted by an unhappy looking Tsubaki.

"Hi?" I greeted, my voice laced with curiosity.

Why was Tsubaki here? I couldn't recall inviting her over.

"Just wanted to make sure you and Soul hadn't murdered each other or anything," Tsubaki laughed, holding up her hand.

"No," I giggled back wondering how Tsubaki could always be so kind and considerate to others "were good but thanks for checking up on us."

"So I'll see you at school Maka," Tsubaki told me, all traces of the unhappiness she was showing before falling away.

I nodded enthusiastically, causing my pigtails to bob against the sides of my head.

"Yeah see you tomorrow," I smiled, waving at Tsubaki as she walked away.

Normally I would of thought such a quick visit was odd but coming from Tsubaki, it didn't surprise me. She was always quick to put others before herself.

All of my friends were such great people. I was lucky to have them. On the downside it did make me feel like I let them down somehow. They were all so perfect in their own ways, and then was just me.

What did I bring to the team that none of them already brought? I felt like I wasn't really needed half of the time. Sure, I had been praised many times for my skills as a meister but BlackStar and Kid were just as skilled as I was. Probably even better.

I closed my eyes for a second to try and let all the thoughts go before I opened them and shut the door.

"What's for dinner?" Soul yawned, causing me to jump in surprise.

I turned to see Soul leaning against a wall, scratching the back of his head lazily.

"Its your turn to cook," I pointed out, walking past him and into the kitchen.

Soul groaned and followed behind me. I took a seat at the dining table and watched in amusement as Soul searched through the cupboards for something to eat.

As hard as I tried though, I couldn't keep the smile that was on my face real for long. I wanted to be happy, I honestly did. But there was something that seemed to be pulling me back from my happiness. It was a mixture of different thoughts but mostly just wondering what importance I had.

What was my self worth? I had plenty of flaws and it seemed they were sticking out more these days. Plenty of other things were weighing on my consciousness like Soul and the and the whole situation with me being in the infirmary. I wanted to find what ever had caused that madness and destroy it. I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if one of my friends got hurt next because I hadn't stopped what had caused it.

"I guess were stuck with ramen," Soul yawned for the second time tonight, showing just how tired he actually was.

I kept my fake smile in place when in reality I was almost lost in my thoughts again. Maybe I just needed a good nights rest and I would be thinking a little more clearly.

"Hey, you ok Maka?" Soul asked, placing a cup of ramen in front of me.

"Oh uh yeah," I sighed, dropping the smile and picking up the fork that was set next to the ramen "I haven't slept well lately thats all."

"Come to mention it," Soul began to reply "I haven't had a decent sleep in ages."

Good. I got strait through that one easily. The lie slipped off of my tongue so quickly it was almost as if I had rehearsed it. That or Soul was just too concentrated on eating to realise I wasn't telling the whole truth.

By the time I had finished dinner, Soul was already throwing everything in the bin and the sink.

"I'm going to sleep," I announced, throwing in an fake yawn "we do have school tomorrow."

I wasn't actually tired but if I went to bed now I could at least have some alone time to think things through.

"Ok night," Soul said, stretching his arms above his head and then walking off to his own room.

As I made my way to my bedroom, I couldn't help but wonder if I would be allowed on any missions tomorrow. I had a feeling Stein wouldn't mind Soul and I taking on something small but my father was another story. I shuddered as I climbed into bed after changing into pyjamas. Just imagining my overly protective and completely immature womanising father put me in a foul mood. He would most likely cry about not wanting his little girl to get hurt and then beg me to stay at home.

I shrugged the creepy presumptions away and stared at my white ceiling. My curtains were closed, leaving the room pitch black. For some odd reason, I didn't feel safe. It could of been some of my self doubt that was frightening me more but it was mostly just my over active imagination.

After a few more minutes of sitting under the covers, too petrified to move, I decided to get up. I was acting childish, I knew that but I had a weird feeling settling around me. Something didn't feel right and I wasn't at all relaxed. There was no way I could sleep in my room alone.

A loud crash downstairs had me freezing up again. My imagination raced with all sorts of things it could be. My biggest fear that had me clutching the blankets tightly was that it was the kishin Asura that had been defeated. I knew that he was gone and would never come back but he still terrified me.

The rational part of me was trying to get myself to calm down, saying it we probably just Blair coming home. The other side of me was screaming at me to get out of bed and crawl into Soul's. Letting out a quiet squeak that was a mixture of defeat for myself and fear, I tip-toed to Soul's room.

His door was left open thankfully, making it much easier on me to get inside without waking him. I tried to tread lightly over to Soul's bed but of course my clumsy-ness had to step in. The floorboards underneath my feet creaked, causing Soul to mumble something in his sleep and roll over.

I waited a while before continuing towards his bed, just to make sure he was fully asleep. When I did reach his bed, I let out a sigh of relief and slipped under the covers. As expected from Soul, it was extremely warm in his bed. He always did get hot in the middle of the night and kick off all the blankets.

I snuggled down deeper into the quilts, enjoying the softness of Soul's pillow. My back was pressed up against his, giving me a sense of security. I realised all the fear I had felt before had vanished as soon as I got into bed.

A small smile sat on my lips as I listened to Soul's steady breathing. Before I knew it, I slipped into one of the most relaxed sleeps I would have in a while.

=Soul's P.O.V=

I was almost asleep when I heard light footsteps. I kept my eyes shut but listened to the sounds of what I was presuming was Blair coming into my room. I had no idea why she would want to sleep in here instead of Maka's room but I didn't question it too much. She didn't bother me when she was in her cat form, it was only when she was parading around as a person.

The floorboards creaked, making the person coming in squeak softly. I had to bite back the smile that threatened to force itself onto my face. I knew that squeak anywhere. There was only one person who made that kind of noise when there were scared in the middle of the night. Maka.

I was actually thankful that something had frightened her tonight. I missed having her warmth beside me when I went to sleep. I guess I had just gotten so used to it that it was strange to sleep alone.

I made no attempt to show her I was awake incase she tried to be her usual stubborn, brave self and pretend she wasn't creeped out by something. Just to make it seem more believable, I muttered incoherent words and rolled onto my side. I had to stay 'sleeping'. If I told her to just get in already, she would most likely just stutter out a few insults then go back into her own room and not get any sleep what so ever.

I felt the covers move upwards and the bed dip a little bit where she was sitting. She laid down beside me before she pressed her back against mine. Now that I was facing the wall, away from her sight, I let the grin spread across my face. She was always so cute in the middle of the night.

When I heard Maka's breathing steady out and become deeper, I knew she was gone. At least this way if she had any nightmares I was already there for her. I rolled onto my other side, so I was now facing Maka and pulled her against my chest. She moved around a bit but stayed in her dreams.

"Who knew the great Maka Albarn got so scared at night," I mumbled to myself quietly, tightening my arms around her and closing my eyes.

<>~<>~<>

A/N:

(Sorry it took so damn long. Firstly, I just couldn't get myself to write in a flowing kinda way so I kept re-writing because this chapter was so friggin blocky. I apologies that its actually still pretty bad. Not one of my greatest. I'm ashamed that I had to put this up instead of something better but I felt bad if I kept you guys waiting. Thanks for reading and I swear to lord Death I will try really hard in the next chapter, and update it quicker. The second reason for this being so slow was that my wifi keeps cutting in and out and stops working for like three days strait. Its so annoying -,-. Chow and be prepared for a much better, dramatic update. Threw in a lot of Soma in this because well it is about them hah :")SOUL EATER FOREVER!)

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

310K 10.8K 50
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Ellie Sloan reunites with her older brother when her hospital merges with his jackson avery x ellie sloan (oc) season six ━ season se...
80K 5.6K 25
Story starts from current track....where everyone blames Abhira for not telling Chaaru's affairs to them .... Then everyone scolded her including arm...
1M 34K 61
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
1.2M 47.4K 53
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...