Purge [zarry]

By numbLovr

· This is not a test. This is your emergency broadcast system announcing the commencement of the Annual Purge... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
Thank you so much! ♡
14.
15.
16.
17.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29. Finale Chapter

18.

2.1K 117 55
By numbLovr

Zayn

I woke up to being on a hospital bed. Curtains closed but the bright dim light peeking through them.

I groaned as I felt some sharp pain behind my neck. The last thing I remember was getting stabbed in the back of my neck by Liam.

I rubbed my eyes and sat up looking around the room. There was a button to press when you wanted to call in a doctor so I obviously pressed it, needing to get out of here.

A doctor rushed in and stood by my side.

"Is something wrong Mr. Malik?" She asked and pressed a hand on my forehead.

"Bring my friends in." I mumbled, slapping her hand away. She nodded and quickly left.

I sighed in frustration, wishing I never left. Wishing I stayed with Harry.

I wouldn't be in pain physically and mentally if I haven't left.

The door then opened, Liam, Ashton, and Lucky walked in with worried faces. Especially Lucky.

"Hey Zayn." Lucky mumbled sounding ashamed.

"Where are we?" I asked angrily. Yes angrily, I'm mad at the fact that they had to rip out the tracker and force me to go with them instead when I could've been with Harry, cozy and snuggled up with him.

I just miss him. He's like home for me. He's my happiness. Yes, he did break my heart when he basically didn't deny that he liked killing humans but there must be a reason why he has so much hate towards some people to the point he wants to kill them all.

"At a hospital." Liam answered, glaring at me.

"No shit, I'm talking about the location. How far have you guys traveled." I spat glaring at each one of them.

"Very far, you're lucky we walked a long ass time to get you to a hospital." Liam said.

Liam's sudden cockiness made my blood boil.

"I didn't ask to be stabbed in the back of the neck just for your safety!" I yelled loudly. Then it felt like a sharp knife sliced where my surgery was taken.

I yelped in pain and shut my eyes tightly, trying to sooth my neck with my hand but it just hurt worse when I dabbed a finger over the patch of fabric.

"Stop Liam!" Lucky argued. "He's in pain, he's weak, don't fucking stress him out anymore!" Lucky defended me and stood next to me.

Liam glared angrily at us. "I didn't take that tracker out of you for my safety, I did it to help you. I did it to make them stop catching you every time you'd escape." He said sternly.

"I did it because you're my bestfriend and I care for you, why can't you fucking get that through your brain!" Liam yelled.

I sat there stating back at him.

"You heard me say that I was gonna stay, you damn well heard me. I wanted to stay because Harry treated me nicely, I wanted you guys to find happiness because I saw how you guys weren't happy back at that mansion. You guys were depressed and unhealthy, don't even deny it 'cause I saw it with my own eyes. Look how skinny Lucky got for the past few weeks. Look how bruised and wounded Ashton got eh? Look at yourself Liam." I paused to breath in again.

"Yes, at first I was planning on escaping with you all but once I saw how Harry was laying unconsciously on the ground.. I-I felt terrible. It hurt my heart to see him in that position." My voice trembled.

Lucky then joined in. "It was my fault for hitting him, I'm so sorry Zayn."

"Don't be, you did it to save me I guess." I reassured Lucky.

I then resumed on talking about how I felt.

"I just want everything to be alright again." I hiccupped, wishing to be in Harry's arms. Wishing he was by my side. Regretting that I have left him.

Just wishing he was a happy person in general.

"So what're you trying to say Zayn." Liam asked, he must've read my mind. "Are you trying to say you love him? Eh, are you?" Liam said quoting his fingers when he said love.

"And that you miss him?" Liam sounded like he was teasing. Ashton grabbed Liams shoulder trying to calm him down.

"That must be your loss Zayn, he's a sick person! A person who loves to kill others for their own entertainment. I bet you two fucked huh? I bet he just used you too, he uses people for his entertainment." Liam spat.

"What the fuck Liam, shut up!" Ashton finally stepped in and pulled Liam back harshly.

I sat up angrily, feeling the pain flow throughout my body but I ignored it.

Lucky then panicked.

"Zayn lay back down." Lucky said shakily, trying to restrain me back down onto the bed.

I got off the bed, feeling weak and wobbly. I grabbed my neatly folded clothes to get out of this weird hospital gown and out of this place.

"I-I'm sorry Zayn, I didn't mean to say that I-" Liam tried to apologize but I cut him off and limped right next to him.

"You are no good person either. You know what you are? A fake ass person who I use to call my bestfriend. You say shit before you could even process it through your brain. A best friend wouldn't do any type of shit you do." I whispered in his ear and walked past him.

I opened the door and walked down the empty halls of the hospital.

I began to feel warm liquid stream down my face as I limped down some stairs. The pain in my back was miserable. The pain in my heart was worse.

"Zayn wait!" I heard Lucky running after me.

I ignored him and kept walking slowly down the stairs trying to not trip. I finally made it down the stairs and walked straight to the restrooms.

I locked it and stared at myself in the mirror. My hair was messy and my eyes were red.

I slowly took off the hospital gown and slipped on my skinny jeans. I remembered Liam ripping my shirt open when he took out the tracker so I didn't have anything to wear as a T-shirt. I put on my Nike's and walked out shyly.

A nurse ran into and I groaned in pain.

"Mr. Malik?" She asked confused. "What're you doing here, go back to bed."

"No, I need a shirt. Bring me one please." I begged her. She eyed me up and down.

"You're still recovering from the surgery.. You need to rest more." She said.

"Bring me a damn shirt!" I yelled in frustration and again I felt pain shoot up in my neck. "Ahh fuck." I cursed and held my neck.

"Mr. Malik please just-" I caught her off guard and grabbed her, I quickly grabbed a needle from a tray and held it against her neck. "Bring me a shirt and I know you guys have at least some guns here. "

She knew what I had in mind and nodded quickly. I felt like a hypercrit but I wasn't going to actually kill her, it was just a threat to get her to listen.

She lead me into a room with extra clothing and handed me a gun.

I grabbed a normal black tee and pulled it on and also a hoodie just in case I had to hide my face. The nurse was in tears so I wanted to cheer her up.

I walked up to her and she gasped in fear. I held her softly and held her chin to look at me.

"Look, I'm not a bad person, eh? I wasn't gonna hurt you in the first place, I just need to leave this place." I comforted her.

She sniffled and wiped a tear away.

"Thank god." She sighed in relief and wiped her nose again.

I smiled warmly and walked out to the front entrance of the hospital.

Lucky and Ashton came running after me.

"Zayn first of all, where are you going?" Ashton panted as he reached up to me.

I walked down the lonely deserted roads ignoring them because to be honest, I didn't have an answer to that question. I didn't know where I was going, all I knew was to get away from Liam. He was like poison to me. Saying those harsh things about Harry while I'm just a crippled weak person.

"Zayn don't leave please." Lucky sighed in frustration. "We have to all stick together.. To survive, just please Zayn."

I ignored him and kept walking on the side of the road.

"Zayn just listen god damnit!" Ashton yelled, tears forming in his eyes.

"Okay what?! What do you want me to do?!" I yelled in frustration, glaring back at them.

Lucky flinched and wiped his eyes.

"Stay." Lucky whispered. "I can't loose you Zayn, after what happened when you got stabbed in the neck, that hurt me. Seeing my best friend getting fucking stabbed. No, I want all of us to stick together and get through this together."

Lucky stared at me with pleading eyes. Ashton nodded in response.

"I can't go back there with Liam.." I hiccuped. The sound of his name coming out of my own mouth felt sickening.

I thought he was my best friend. He wouldn't say such a thing to his best friends, although I know I wouldn't.

"Zayn come on, you know how Liam is." Lucky sniffled. "He's like that.. He says shit before even processing it through his brain."

"No, he was never like that. Before this whole Annual Purge shit, he was a pain in the ass but he never said shit to me that actually hurt. Or when sometimes he does hurt my feelings, he apologized. He was nicer than this. Some things changed him." I mumbled, just wanting to leave.

Lucky looked at me confused.

"But what he said to you wasn't about you. He was talking about Harry." Ashton trembled.

"That's the point idiot. It was about Harry.." I then trailed off.

"Do you even know the guy Zayn? Is he really that important to you?" Ashton asked.

I gritted my teeth knowing they'd never understand. I glared at them angrily and stormed off.

"No Ashton he isn't important to me yet I wanted to go back while we had a good chance to escape." I spat.

Once I stomped away I heard there foot steps following me.

I turned around angrily having enough of there fuss.

"Stop fucking following me! I can protect myself, go back with Liam." I yelled in anger.

Lucky flinched once again and his eyes watered.

"Zayn...." Lucky whispered with pleading eyes. I shut my eyes tightly and looked away taking deep breathes.

"Wait guys shh, who is that?" Ashton whispered and crouched down sneakily.

I looked over to where he was pointing at and saw the same truck to when some people traded me off to Harry.

It pulled up to the Hospital and the head lights turned off.

"Wait." I mumbled to myseld and squinted. I stared off to the distance as I saw people coming off the truck. I gulped nervously hoping they wouldn't hurt anybody in the hospital.

But why are they there?

Then I saw Harry hop off the truck and run his hands through his curls that I missed touching every time we'd kiss.

My heart fluttered just at the thought of his lips interacting with mine.

"Zayn." Lucky whispered still knelt down on the ground, hiding from them.

I looked at him with sad eyes.. I had only two choices.

Go with Harry and have a safe and sound place to sleep and eat.

Or stay with my friends and try to survive.

I bit my lip thinking hard. I really wanted to go with Harry but I also don't want to seem selfish and ditch all my best friends.

But.. Harry's different. He's special to me, somehow. In some way he means a lot.. But I still can't seem to find what really attracts me to him.

I want to return something in favor because he has done a lot for me and all I did was try to escape when really I don't even feel like leaving him anymore. My mind is messed up and confused.

I knelt up and heard a gasp come out from Lucky's mouth.

"Zayn stay down! They're gonna see us!" Lucky whisper yelled.

"I'm sorry guys.." I whispered.

Ashtons eyes widened.

"Zayn you better fucking not." He warned, rage coming over his hazel eyes.

I felt weak and drowsy due to the surgery and stress. The world began to spin and I shut my eyes tightly, trying to avoid the sudden dizziness.

"I have to go." I whispered in pain. Still having my eyes shut tightly and holding my stomach.

"Zayn please? Are you okay?" Lucky cried and tears running down his cheek.

I felt even worse hearing him cry over me.

The heat of the sun surrounding my body as I still felt my mind spinning made it even worse.

"It hurts." I wanted to disappear and maybe even be held and told that everything's gonna be alright.

"I just need time to rest." I mumbled and started walking slowly.

"That's why there's a fucking hospital!" Ashton whisper yelled and pointed angrily at the hospital.

Now Ashton hates me.

I felt frustration and anger rising over me. They never would understand.

"I need time to be with Harry god damnit! I need time to be with him cause' he's like therapy to me, he calms me down, all you guys do is stress me out! Make me feel like a bad person.. "

I suddenly felt a whoosh of relief after letting out all my bottled thoughts. Well not exactly all..

They both looked surprised. Of. Course.

"We're sorry Zayn we didn't know.. You never told us." Ashton apologized.

I curled my fists trying to calm down. How the fuck did he not get the hints I left about Harry?

"There's no time to apologize and now you know.. I gotta go." I trailed off walking towards the hospital.

Both Lucky and Ashton had there jaw dropped.

"Zayn you're gonna regret this!" Ashton yelled.

Instead of releasing my anger with yelling and hitting things, I quietly let it out with sobs of pain and anger mixed together.

I continued my pace.

Im so confused, I don't even know where to go anymore.

-

Sorry if I took too long, I've been busy lately with school and after school practice and I don't come home until 5pm😭 life is hard but that's why u got Wattpad & Zarry books!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

999K 17.3K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
978K 41.1K 82
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
134K 4.4K 21
cannibal deku -------- WARNINGS: CANNIBALISM, GORE, SELF HARM, MENTAL ILLNESS, TORTURE. -------- Finished: April 16, 2020 Edited: April 29, 2020
76.8K 4.5K 59
in which jun finds it a lot harder than he expected to befriend the very studious joshua who pretty much wants nothing to do with him. (lowercase int...