Flashpoint (Season 2) #Wattys...

By Angela_Tillson

(Book 2) Alexandria Parker, also known as Alex is the daughter of Sergeant Greg Parker of the SRU. The Strat... More

Chapter 1: Eagle Two
Chapter 2: Backwards Day
Chapter 3: Between Heartbeats
Chapter 4: Business as Usual
Chapter 6: The Perfect Family
Chapter 7: The Perfect Storm
Chapter 8: One Wrong Move
Chapter 9: Never Let You Down
Chapter 10: Custody
*Authors Note*
Chapter 11: The Farm
Chapter 12: You Think You Know Someone
Chapter 13: Behind The Blue Line

Chapter 5: Clean Hands

1K 9 2
By Angela_Tillson

The next morning Alex walks towards the guys locker room after getting changed and ready to go. She knocks on the door and hears laughing. "Yeah, it's clear" Eddie's voice laughs as Alex walks in and looks at them all confused.

"We could put chili peppers in her smoothie?" Spike suggests with a smile on his face. "No. No, shaving cream in her locker. Put shaving cream in her locker!" Lou answers excitedly. "That is a great idea....What are we, in summer camp? We're gonna short sheet her bed next? Come on, she's a ten years vet. She's been hazed by the best. We gotta come up with something good. Something real good" Eddie admits with a smirk on his face.

Alex looks at all of them with her arms crossed. "Seriously?" she sighs and Eddie quickly turns around and holds a finger up to her lips. "Shh!" he states as he then looks back at Sam. "Sam, any ideas?" he questions. "Do we really need to haze her? I mean, she's not gonna be here forever, right?" Sam questions concerned, as he worries about Jules. "No, but we wanna make her feel like she's part of the team, right?" Eddie then questions bluntly "We don't know when Jules is gonna be back" Eddie smiles as he takes his finger away from Alex's lips slowly.

"Guys, after the escort today, we take all the Kevlar out of her vest, we fill it with cream cheese, then we do the obstacle course. First time she falls flat on her face...instant hilarity" Spike laughs as he claps his hands together. Alex chuckles under her breath and shakes her head slowly. "You know what? You're a genius. Alright, Wordy, get a camera for that" Eddie demands and everyone looks towards Wordy to see a serious look on his face.

"What are you? Mr. Mature all of a sudden? Come on, who's the guy that put the pepper spray in Spike's gear his first day, huh?" Eddie questions loudly. Spike points his finger and smiles. "Wordy!" he yells. "It's like you said, we're not dealing with some rookie here. She deserves a chance to settle in. Make a good impression. Then you get the boots with the cream cheese-" Wordy explains as a smile inches onto his face.

"Hey boys!" Donna's voice cheers as she walks into the locker room. All the guys and Alex freeze and look at her surprised as Sam rolls his eyes and looks back at his locker. Donna then walks slowly towards a shirtless Wordy and grins. "Hey, Wordy, that escort job we have to today, I could use the shield refresher...that we talked about" she says as she looks down to the floor and then back up to his face, causing Spike to laugh behind her. "Okay" Wordy says emotionless as he stands still.

"Sure. Five minutes?" Wordy continues quickly. "Mm-hmm" Donna replies, just as fast. "Awesome" Wordy states. "Take your time" Donna nods as she snickers. "Okay, See you out there" Wordy smiles. "Alright" she smiles as she turns back around to face everyone. "Gentlemen....Alex. You just hang out in the Men's locker room all the time?" she smiles and Alex nods her head. "Yeah. Most of the time" Alex replies. "Okay" Donna smiles. Alex nods her head and smiles as Donna walks out of the locker room. "But, unlike you, I knock" Alex then says and everyone laughs. Sam suddenly slams his locker door and walks out of the locker room quickly. "Someone's grumpy" Lou states quietly. "No, someone just doesn't know how to play fair" Alex explains frustratedly and then quickly follows after Sam.

"Sam!" Alex yells as she runs up the hall after him. "Go away, Alex!" Sam snaps quickly. "Excuse me?" Alex questions shocked, causing Sam to stops and take a deep breath. "That's what I thought" Alex states quietly as she stands in front of him. "Look, I know you miss Jules, but you have to get over yourself. Donna is here, now. Jules is welcome back, whenever she feels ready to come back. But, you need to learn to control this anger of yours, because it's really stupid and childish" she argues as she looks Sam in the eyes. "Sure thing...Boss" Sam mumbles and then turns to walk away.

***

Back in the training room Donna hands Wordy a shield. "I'd say you got our attention" he snickers as he takes the shield from her hands. "Well, I was just trying to throw you guys off a little bit. Spare myself the whip cream in the boot trick for a day or two" Donna laughs as Wordy shuts the door to the weapons room and locks the door. "Yeah, well you know the drill" he sighs as he starts to walk down the hallways, followed closely by Donna.

"Are you kidding? Back in Vice, I wrote the drill" Donna admits. "So, you were in Vice for how long?" Wordy questions curiously. "Four years. Two in undercover. Apparently, I make a very convincing Meth Freak" Donna smiles. "Really?" he asks shocked. "Which I try not to take too personally" she laughs. "Yeah, blending in with those guys...I don't think I could do it" Wordy admits seriously. "Yeah. You know what the worst part is?" Donna questions as they round the corner towards the briefing room and Wordy looks at her.

"You kinda get used to it" she continues quietly. "Oh yeah?" Wordy questions confused with a small laugh. "I saw the opening here, I thought I wanna be a straight up good guy, you know? Sounds pretty damn nice to me" Donna explains seriously. "Uh, you know what? It's great" Wordy assures as they walk into the briefing room and take a seat.

"Thank you, Spike" Greg's voice says as he walks towards the projector screen at the front of the room. Alex comes walking into the room with Sam close beside her, whispering. "Get yourself together. She's fine, Sam" she says quietly as Sam sits down in his seat with a pissed off look. Alex walks around the table and notices Spike and Eddie looking at her confused and she slowly shakes her head and takes a deep breath. "Alright, we're gonna go over the brief one more time, catch Donna up to speed" Greg states as Alex takes a seat in between Spike and Lou at the table.

A few minutes pass and Donna looks at Greg confused. "The Leslie spit killer is our escort job?" she questions. "Peter Wilkins" Greg corrects. "Yup" Eddie states. "Seventeen women, six years. Eleven months ago, homicide's about to press charges and he bolts overseas. A month ago, he turns up in a mental hospital in Bernburg, Germany. He admits to everything: names, dates, dumping patterns" Alex begins to explain slowly. "Weren't they holding him, saying he was too crazy to be tried?" Lou questions confused. "Yeah, but the legal wrangling is over. We say that he gets a mental competency hearing and they fly him over to us" Greg answers. "And we're the welcoming party" Donna sighs.

"This is a joint-op. Us and the Federal Customs Department. Alright, our counterpart is, uh. Delia Semple with the airport attachment" Greg continues. Alex gets up from her chair and walks over towards her father and Eddie. "Now, airport might be in our city, guys, but, on the other side of customs, that's international territory. It's her jurisdiction, it's her rules. So no-" Alex starts to explain, but is soon interrupted by the sound of someone clearing their voice.

Everyone looks over towards the door and spots Doctor Lori standing there. "Good morning, Doc. What's up?" Eddie asks cheerfully. "Sorry to interrupt. I just wanted to let Alex know she is clear to use her firearm. Also...here" She smiles. Alex looks over shocked as she notices a pair of keys flying towards her. Alex reaches up and catches them. "I'm all clear?" Alex asks confused. "No more sessions. You're all clear" Lori smiles and then turns to walk away.

"Even after this...okay? Alright, we're gonna meet at the gate, the feds are gonna escort the prisoner to customs. Then we are gonna take custody, escort the prisoner to the psychiatric evaluation. Now, nobody knows he's flying in today, so there's no crowd control. But if anybody wants this guy? They will go through us to get him, alright? So, let's keep our eyes open" Eddie explains, getting everyone focused back on the important subject. "Let's gear up, hit the trucks" Alex smiles as she looks up and notices Team One standing up from their chairs and walking out of the briefing room towards the weapons room.

Alex follows behind the team and notices Spike waiting up ahead. "Congrats, beautiful" he smiles, causing Alex to snicker. "For what? Getting back the keys to my car and being able to shoot a gun?" Alex laughs. "Okay...okay. No need to bite back" Spike explains sarcastically as he raises his hands in the air and they both laugh.

As they walk into the weapons room, Donna's voice instantly fills Alex's ears. "I have lived with, sold to, bought from scumbags, but protecting them? Come on. You got words of wisdom for that?" she questions confused as she looks up at Wordy. "Look, as for me, I get confused, I just think of my daughters. And whatever I gotta do...I do" Wordy answers seriously, causing Donna to sigh and continue to gear up. Once the Team was all geared up they all got in the trucks and headed towards the airport.

When they arrive they are met by the Supervisor who leads them all inside. "A few guys just through the customs doors over there. So, straight across and out here to the trucks. Like I said, low profile all the way" the Supervisor explains. Greg follows beside him and suddenly gets surrounded by reporters. "Excuse me. Is it true that accused serial killer Peter Wilkins is being taken into custody today? And what do you have to say to the victims families?" the reporter asks quickly and clearly as Team One continues to walk through the crowd. "Ma'am, please, just stand back. Eddie...low profile?" Greg questions concerned. "Hey, I followed every protocol you sent, this isn't on us" Eddie answers.

Alex walks behind the team slowly as she looks around curiously at the big building and amazing windows. Suddenly, someone runs into the side of her anxiously and knocks her down to the ground. "Alex!" both Spike and Lou quickly shout concerned, causing the rest of the team to stop and turn around. Eddie and Greg push their way through the crowd of reporters and each take one of Alex's arms, helping her up. "I'm so sorry. I should have looked where I was going" the young man quickly panics. "It's okay. I'm fine" Alex smiles and nods, as she feels Greg pat her on the back.

The Team then turns back around as the young man races off. Alex now stood in the front between Eddie and Greg. "Right this way, guys" the Supervisor says as he quickly walks through a doorway that leads further into the airport. Greg stands back, and Alex follows as he turns to face the crowd. "I know how some of you must be feeling right now, and I'm sorry. But, right now we have a job to do, so, if you could just vacate the premises, everyone will be a lot safer...Thank you very much" he shouts quickly and then turns away, pushing Alex gently along with him.

As they both reach the room where the team was waiting, Greg approaches the Supervisor and says something quietly, as Alex moves her shoulder around in a circle. "Hey, you okay? You went down pretty hard" Spike asks concerned as he places a hand on Alex back. "Yeah, yeah. I'm fine" Alex smiles. Spike is about to say something, but the Supervisor raises his voice. "I just don't see the big deal?" he states frustrated.

"Mr. Broder, by the time we get Mr. Wilkins into custody, 'till the time we get him to that hospital, he's as exposed as he'll ever be" Greg argues seriously. "Just five minutes tops" Mr. Broder says as he shrugs his shoulders. "Thats a long time to be walking through that crowd of people; we have no legal ground to restrain whoever wants to kill this guy" Eddie snaps quietly. "And that's bad why again?" he questions confused. "Look, Mr. Broder, all kidding aside, my main concern is for my team and the job they have to do" Greg states bluntly.

Alex looks towards the door and notices a tall skinny woman dressed in a red dress with black high heel shoes and long blond hair walk through the door. "Agent Delia Semple, Federal Customs Department airport attachment. Who's Sergeant Parker?" she asks confused as she looks around the room. "That's me" both Greg and Alex say in unison causing Delia to look even more confused. "But you want my father. Greg Parker" Alex smiles.

"Right here. How are you?" Greg questions as Delia turns to face him and shoves her badge back into her pocket. "Sergeant Parker, I understand you have a problem, which means I have a problem" she states seriously. "No argument there" Greg smiles. "Good start...Solutions?" she asks curiously. "We were just discussing those with Mr. Broder here" Greg explains, but quickly Mr. Broder cuts him off. "No matter where I move the crowd to, you still gotta go past 'em" he states.

Delia shrugs her shoulders and smirks. "He's not wrong. Once you're through customs, there's only one way to go" she explains cheerfully. "But not through that crowd. We could take the prisoner directly from the airplane; we have a truck on the tarmac" Eddie states clearly. "Out of the question" Delia quickly disagrees. "Look, we understand: tarmac's international grounds, federal jurisdiction. You need to hand him off on our turf, we get it"Greg says as he takes a deep breath and looks at Delia.

Alex steps forward. "Dad, why don't we take him through customs, and then double back to a loading area, and have a truck waiting there?" Alex suggests. Eddie looks back at Greg and smiles. "Our turf, take custody there, but we gotta keep the crowd pre-occupied, or they'll follow the truck" Eddie agrees. "Well, I can give 'em a little press conference, a little distraction, while you guys are getting Elvis outta the building" Greg states with a grin.

Delia sighs and looks around at Team One. "So, you wanna take the prisoner along a non-vetted route, through an international area where he's back under my jurisdiction, lie to the press and evade the public?" she questions. Eddie and Greg give eachother a looks and shrug their shoulders. "Pretty much" Alex says as she steps forward to stand beside Delia. "Pretty much" Eddie nods. Delia gives them both a look and then smiles. "Let's make it work" she says.

She pulls out her phone and dials a number, holding it up to her ear. "This is Agent Semple. Superintendent MacLean, please....Then get him out of the meeting, how about?...Thank you....Superintendent, slight change of plan. Absolutely necessary" she says as she walks away, out of the room.

After she is done on the phone, Team One follows her through the long hallways and towards the doors to the tarmac. "Not a bad vacation for the guys who get to fly over, at least" Delia says as she stops and stands, waiting for the plane to arrive. "Well, if you like jumping over the ocean in a metal coffin, sure" Greg agrees quietly. Delia looks over at him and snickers. "So, there's something that you guys are actually afraid of?" she laughs. Greg shakes his head and snickers. "Well. You know what? We all have our weak spots. Could be anything: flying...cats?" Greg states at he turns his head and looks at Eddie.

"It was one cat and it was really mean" Eddie admits. Spike looks over Eddie's shoulder and nods. "I was there, it was really mean" he says, causing everyone to laughs. "Oh, well, I'm with you. Try flying into Khartoum International, everything feels like a cakewalk after that" Delia explains slowly. Greg looks at her shocked. "Khartoum? Youthful backpacking?" he questions curiously, as Alex looks over at the both of them confused. "It was years ago, went through a rough time, needed to get away. Helped train local police there. It was a good experience" Delia says as her phone begins to ring in her pocket.

Alex walks slowly over to her father as Delia takes a step away grabbing her phone out of her pocket. "Wow, dad. What a wonderful moment you just had" Alex whispers. Eddie, Spike, and Greg quickly snicker and Greg pushes Alex gently away. "Not even close, kid" he smiles.

"Copy" Delia says as she hangs up her phone and looks over towards Team One. "They're coming off" she nods. Greg looks over at the team and spots the rest of them sitting on the ground or leaning against the wall. "Okay, subject's approaching. Everybody up" he demands, causing them all to look awake and ready to move.

Alex follows behind Delia as she approaches the door, that separates us from the plane. The door opens and out walks a man with brown hair on top of his rounded face and along the bottom of his face, creating a bush like beard. He wore a brown coat and blue hospital wear. "Peter Wilkins?" Delia questions as two Guards bring him towards her and she shows her badge. The man just looks down at the ground and whistles as he sways his head back and forth. "Peter Wilkins, I hereby take custody of you and will transport you through customs, after which time you will be placed in the custody of the Strategic Response Unit and transferred to Ossington Mental Hospital" she explains, and this time he nods in agreement.

"Let's get this over with" Delia sighs as the Guards hand Peter over to two of Delia's Guards and she walks back down the hall. The guards turn around with Peter, but stop quickly as they wait for Alex to walk down the hall, behind everyone else. But before she could, Peter sways his head to the side and head-buts one of the guards, causing him to fall to the floor, and does the same with the other guard.

He runs towards Alex and she quickly presses her back up against one of the windows. Peter stops and stands inches away smiling while holding Alex's arms pinned beside her. "Guys!" Alex screams, as Peter's eyes stare into hers deeply. "Delia, we can't do anything until you give us permission!" Greg snaps concerned. "Go!" she quickly screams. "Hey!" Eddie screams as Team One and two Other Guards run towards him. Eddie tackles him to the ground, along with Wordy as Greg grabs Alex's arm and pulls her towards him. "Are you okay?" he asks quickly. Alex looks down at Peter and nods. "Yeah. Why does it always have to be me?" she whispers as shivers run through her like a train on the tracks.

Eddie and Wordy get him up on his feet and hand him back to the guards. "Hold him tight this time!" Eddie snaps. They walk back up to the front and Eddie throws his arm around Alex's shoulders. "Your walking with us, kiddo" he breaths.

Once Team One reach the barrier, Delia and Greg head over and sign papers as Alex sits down in one of the chairs and holds her head in her hands. "Hey, you" Eddie sighs as he sits down next to her. Alex looks up and smiles. "Hey" she breaths. "What's up?" he asks worried. Alex looks up at all of the Officers and Guards. "Have you realized that every subject...most of them anyway....always come after me?" Alex admits as she watches her dad and Delia sign papers. "That's because you're the youngest, and somehow they know it. But, do you know what that means?" Eddie smiles. "What?" Alex asks. "It means that you can prove that it doesn't matter if you're the youngest on the team, you are the smartest and strongest member as well" Eddie states.

"All set, Sergeant" Delia says cheerfully. "Alright, I'll wait for your confirmation" Greg states. Eddie and Alex look back up towards them. "Looks like it's time to get back to work" Eddie sighs. "Don't lie, Ed. You love this job" Alex laughs as she gets up and walks towards her father. Eddie laughs behind her and follows her towards the team. "Louis, accompany the Sarge" Eddie demands loudly. Greg turns around confused and places a hand on Eddie's shoulder. "Eddie, it's not necessary, I'm just making a statement" he sighs quietly. "We know the new route; those people out there don't, and if one of 'em is planning on taking a run at our guy, that puts you in their way" Eddie explains seriously. "Look. Hey...sorry about that cat thing" Greg smiles. "We'll talk about that later" Eddie says sarcastically, causing Greg to laugh as he walks away with Lou.

Alex stands close to Spike and away from Peter as Eddie walks by her. "Diamond formation. Alex?" Eddie questions as he stands in front of Peter and beside Delia. Alex looks up at Spike and smiles. "I'm good" she answers as she watches Spike wink at her. They all slowly start to move down the hall quietly, trying to keep peter out of the crowds sight.

"Can I have your attention please? Everyone please listen it up" Greg's voice yells through the headset as he gets the crowd's attention. "Just to let you know, we'll be making an announcement in a few minutes. I beg your patience."

Alex follows closely behind Spike as the Team enters the last section. "Were coming through the last sections, all clear" Alex states through the headset. "Copy that" Greg answers. As they continue to walk through, the long hallway suddenly they hear gunshots. "Get down! Down!" Eddie yells. Alex runs up behind Eddie, behind his shield as Spike leans over Peter and protects him. "I'm hit!" Wordy's voice screams.

"Team, status...status!" Greg's voice shouts as him and Lou run away from the crowd of people and back towards the Team. Alex looks around the shield quickly, and notices that the guy shooting the gun, is the same person that ran into her and knocked her over this morning. She watches as he runs away and Eddie lowers his shield. "We just took fire" he states quickly.

"Who's hit? Check the prisoner. Who's hit?" Eddie yells. "Wordy is down!" Alex screams as she kneels down beside Wordy. "I'm good...I'm good...it's in the vest" he breaths as he lays on the floor. "Where is the shooter?" Greg questions loudly. "No eyes! No eyes on the shooter" Alex answers quickly. "Prisoner's unharmed!" Spike yells as he looks up at Alex with wide eyes. Alex nods and she sees him relax.

Alex then looks up and notices Delia running the way the shooter went. "Agent Semple, stop!" she screams as she stands up and pulls out her gun, following behind her. "Alex!" Sam's voice then yells. "Agent Semple is pursuing the shooter!" Alex advises quickly as she continues to run after Delia. "Sam and I gotta go!" Eddie's voice says through the headset. "Negative. You stay with the prisoner, Ed. She's got no backup! Sam, Alex go! Get her, bring her back!" Greg demands. "We're gonna take the prisoner to customs" Eddie says quickly.

Alex turns a corner quickly with her gun pointed towards an open door, as she hears Sam running up behind her. She signals him, telling him that there is a door, and he goes in front. "Approaching mechanical room. Level three" Sam speaks quietly, as him and Alex enter the room slowly. They walk in between some lockers and instantly hear voices up ahead.

"This stops now" Delia's voice demands. "That's up to you" the male voice answers back. Alex looks around Sam's shoulder slowly and spots them both holding their guns at each other. Sam then signals Alex to go over and stand behind the lockers that block them from the subject and she quickly does. "Suspect is cornered" Sam states as he slowly walks out behind Delia while Alex waits for his signal.

"It's over" Delia whispers and the man looks up and smirks. "Agent Semple, take cover behind me!" Sam demands quickly as he runs towards her, scaring off the subject. Suddenly, Alex hears something get thrown onto the floor. "Go! Go! Go!" Sam screams. Alex is about walk around the corner when a loud ear piercing sound rings through the headset and around the room. She screams from the pain and pulls out her headset quickly, throwing it on the ground as Delia runs passed her and out of the room.

"Sam! Alex!" Greg screams worried through the headset, but no answer. "Eddie! Eddie, backup, now" Greg demands. "Copy that. We're on our way" Eddie answers. Instantly Sam's voice comes mumbling weakly through the headset. "Negative, negative! Stand down. Stand down" he states. "Sam? Where is Alex? Is she with you?" Greg asks concerned. "Negative" Sam grunts.

Alex leans up against the lockers with both hands on her head as her ears continue to ring. When she hears Sam's voice she slowly reaches over and grabs her headset and puts back on cautiously. "Sam?" she whispers quietly, causing all of Team One to let go of the breath they were holding. "Forty-seven, fifty-three" Sam quickly hisses through the pain that shoots through his head.

Alex looks around confused and then remembers the secret codes Sam, Jules, and her made up. "Sam? What does that mean?" Eddie asks confused. "It means stay put, subject is still in the room" Alex whispers emotionless as she hears the footsteps on the other side of the small set of lockers. She hears Sam grunt as they subject picks him up and drags Sam into a different room. "Seventy-eight" Sam whispers. "No!" Alex argues quietly. "Seventy-eight!" Sam screams and Alex quickly gets up and runs towards the door they came in.

Once she is out in the hall she listens through the headset. "Nice phone. GPS?" the subject asks curiously and he quickly slams it on the ground. "Shooter on the loose the whole area's unsecured. We protect the prisoner here until we apprehend the shooter and get Sam back. Alex?" Greg asks concerned. "I'm on my way" she states slowly. "Copy" Eddie answers.

Greg's phone starts to ring and he immediately picks it up. "Agent Semple, I'm gonna send my guys to the mechanical room. As soon as we get the prisoner-" he starts to say but is soon cut off. "No point, they're gone...Oh god, I'm so sorry, Parker" she begins to whimper. Alex listens and instantly knows something is off. "You need to get yourself checked out after that blast" Greg answers. "I'm getting intel, I'll be there in five" she quickly states and then hangs up the phone.

Alex runs towards customs and spots Spike and Lou helping Wordy into a room. Once they go in, Alex slides in behind them and is quickly brought in towards Greg as he wraps his arms around her tightly and she wraps her arms around the back of his neck. "Let's get this vest off" Eddie's voice quickly demands as he reaches for Wordy. "Thanks, I'm fine. Just gimme one sec, okay?" Wordy says as he gets up and walks away from Eddie.

Greg releases Alex as Eddie walks over and does the same thing. As he holds Alex close, Greg looks at one of the airport Guards. Sir, we need a room with one entrance and no windows. You got something?" he asks loudly. "What about the holding areas for suspicious entrants?" Lou questions as Alex walks over towards Donna and Spike at the back of the room. "Got that?" Greg asks as he looks at the Guard and watches him nod and walk away.

"That's our communication, we can all hear each other with that" Sam's voice speaks loudly and faintly through the headset. Greg turns around slowly and motions for everyone to be quiet. "Hi, this is Sergeant Gregory Parker with the Police Strategic Response Unit. Is there someone else on this line?" Greg asks. After a few seconds Team One hears a sigh. "Can you tell me your name, sir?" Greg questions slowly. "No! Listen very carefully. We are going to do a prisoner swap in twenty minutes. I'll contact you with a location" the subject explains. "Okay, can you tell me if my officer's alright?" Greg asks calmly. "He's fine...For now" the voice admits and everyone looks up shocked.

Greg nods at Eddie as he turns his mic off. "Alright, no communication except by phone, everybody got that?" Eddie questions as everyone else reaches and turns off their mic's to the headset. "Copy" they all say. "We need a different location for holding, something secure. Wordy, you still need medical assistance. Alex you should get checked as well" Eddie explains. "I'm fine" Wordy and Alex both say. "We need to find, Sam" Wordy continues. "Let's go!" Eddie shouts, causing the team to head towards the door.

Eddie walks back towards Wordy, and Greg stops Alex from leaving the room. "I hear you...I hear you, but with the rounds you took, you're not running after anything" Eddie whispers. "I'm not sitting this one out" Wordy argues. "So, I'm gonna put you on protection. We can't move that prisoner until we've neutralized the shooter and secured the area. We need you, Wordy. We just need you where we can use you" Eddie explains. "Whatever I have to do" Wordy nods.

Donna then steps forward and looks at Eddie. "Partner with Wordy?" she asks quickly. "Yeah, yeah. Spike, Louis, you're with me. Room by room, if we have to; let's see some floor plans" Eddie says as he walks towards Lou with the large map of the airport.

Alex stands with her back towards the wall beside the door as Delia comes running into the room panicked looking straight towards Greg. "Sargent, It's your daughter!" she shouts, as the team looks towards her confused. Alex steps out behind her with her arms crossed over her chest. "What about me?" she quickly questions with a smirk on her face causing Delia to quickly turns around shocked and sarcastically takes a deep breath. "You're ok!" she cheers. "Yeah... I am" Alex huffs and then walks away towards Eddie, Spike, and Lou.

Delia steps towards Greg and smiles. "Walter Volcek. Joined custodial a month ago. Father of Julie Volcek, My Superiors have been informed. We're checking every security camera-" she begins to say. "Thank you, we'll take care of it from here" Greg says as he takes the paper from her hand and walks away from her. "We put the word out to all our agents on site. Our number one priority is getting your man back" she continues as she steps closer. "Agent-" Greg goes to say. "Parker. He is where he is because of what I let happen" she states. "Probably" Alex says quietly but loud enough for everyone to hear.

Greg and Eddie quickly turn to look at her. "No, you didn't let anything happen, this guy's a pro.
I'm gonna guess he's military" Greg explains. "How so?" she asks confused. "He's a great shot and he grabbed one of my guys, and that's a hard thing to do" Greg answers and Alex snickers. "He got one of our guys because-" Alex starts to say but she looks up and notices her dad giving her the 'look' and she quickly looks back down at the map.

Greg turns back around and looks at Delia. "Now, what I'm worried about, is his lack of care for getting caught or killed. That tells me he's desperate, which means he's dangerous" Greg explains. "Well, don't think you can afford to turn down any help, can you?" Delia smiles and Greg turns around and looks down at his computer. "Okay, well we can use some help interviewing staff and protesters and the ever so vigilant Security Chief, Broder" Greg chuckled as him and Delia walk out of the room, causing Alex to laugh under her breath and shake her head.

Downstairs Greg stands in front of Mr. Broder and looks at him seriously. "And no flags come up when his name matches one of Wilkins's victims?" he asks confused. "How's that supposed to come up in a, a clearance check?" Broder snaps. "Oh, I dunno, took Semple's guys thirty seconds on Google" Greg advises. Broder looks down at him angrily and nods his head. "Yeah. Yeah, so, I'm the bad guy. Meanwhile, these poor people, you won't even let them get a look at the scumbag, who's off to get what, ten years of ping pong? They don't deserve that justice at least? Who's the bad guy again, huh?" Broder snaps causing Greg to look away for a few seconds.

She she does he spots Delia come walking up. She then nods towards him and he takes a few steps away from Broder. "Member of the victim's group said they got an anonymous call this morning. A male voice saying, if you want to see justice be done come to the airport today. Figure Volcek made the call...Maybe" she explains. "But then how'd he find out about the flight in the first place? How'd he get his gun through employee Security? And who knew about the alternate route? Us, you guys...and Mr. Security there" Greg states frustrated. Delia looks back at Broder and then back at Greg. "Let me have a talk with our, Mr. Broder" she demands as she walks away slowly towards him.

"I don't understand how Walter could've done something like this. I tried to help him, we tried to go to groups together, and he he just, he couldn't do it. He just, he couldn't get past it" the subject's wife panics through the phone. "Is there anything else you can tell me? Anything that might reach him?" Alex asks. "It's just you...you feel so alone. You feel like you're the...you're the only person that's going through this and if he knew...if he knew that he wasn't alone" she stutters quickly. "Thank you, Wendy, we'll let him know that" Alex says sweetly and then hangs up the phone.

Alex reaches down and presses a button on her headset, causing it to beep. Eddie turns his back on and she smiles at him. "Ed, just spoke with Volcker's wife. You copy?" Alex asks through the headset as she looks at Eddie. "Copy that, Sarge. What'd she say?" Eddie questions. Alex knew that Walter could hear everything, so she will just have to tell him.

"He's a good guy. He was a loyal soldier. They had the one daughter, Julie. She was fifteen when Wilkins killed her. There's some complicating factors though. Volcek was on assignment when it happened. Julie was with her grandparents, his folks. They let her stay out past curfew and she never came home. Walter hasn't spoken to them since then. Their marriage well...you know, you know, the stats on that one parents of murder victim. I mean, it's all pretty understandable" Alex explains slowly. "Textbook loser, eh?" Walter's voice asks through the headset. "I am not saying that, Walter" Alex states as she shakes her head. "Why not? I've lived with it long enough. Almost done though. You know what I want; give it to me, you can have me. Shoot me. I don't care anymore" Walter sighs as Greg and Delia walk into the room.

"Yeah, but I care. I care about my guy, and I do care about what you're going through, but I especially care about ending this without anymore pain. So, please, can you help me do that?" Alex questions calmly. "Sure...Come and meet me. Gate five fifty-two. I'll have your guy, you have mine" Walter advises. Alex slowly shakes her head and looks up at her father. "Okay, but that's gonna take some time, Walter" Alex sighs. "Five minutes. Let's get this over with" he states quietly.

Alex turns off her mic and looks behind her. "Okay, Spike and Louis?" Alex questions. "Securing level two, I'm gonna meet 'em at gate five fifty-two with the boss" Eddie answers. "Okay, your Sierra one" Alex shouts as they all walk out the door. "Copy that" Eddie shouts back.

Delia walks up to Alex and smiles. "Broder gave himself up. Says he called in the tip to the group. Thinks he's being a righteous citizen. He swears up and down he had nothing to do with Walter. Just a bad coincidence" she explains. Alex turns her chair around and rolls her eyes. "Yeah-hmm" she says bluntly. "We're keeping on him. Nice bit of talk there. Sounds like you had him in the end" Delia says sweetly. "Yeah" Alex mumbles as her phone starts to ring. She picks it up and holds it to her ear. "I've got eyes on both of 'em, we're sticking to hand signals for now" Eddie's voice states. "Copy" Alex answers.

Spike, Louis, Greg and Eddie all walk down a long hallway and looks every which way. "Okay! Okay!" Walter's voice says loudly, causing them to stop and point their guns up in the direction it came from. "Gonna bring my hand up very slowly, 'cause I'm sure you got a sniper on me and I want him to see this" he continues as his hand slowly rises into the air. "What the hell is that?" Eddie whispers quietly. "We got a big problem." "What, you can't take the shot?" Alex asks confused. "No, I can take the shot, but if I do I kill Sam. He's holding a grenade, the pin's been pulled. If I take him out, he'll take out Sam and anybody within twenty feet" Eddie explains.

"I don't see Wilkins in five minutes, I let go. That's it. Unless somebody's got a better idea" Walter yells. "Unless somebody has a better idea? Is he talking to us? Ed, we need Spike to scan for any nearby radio receivers, I think Volcek might be trying to reach out to someone" Greg whispers. "I can't. Spike's covering him and Sam, if Wordy and Donna can switch with Louis and Spike?" Eddie advises. "No, they've got Wilkins. I'm gonna call for a backup team" Alex answers quickly. "To get here in five minutes?" Eddie questions and Alex hits the table frustrated.

"Alex, let me help" Delia's voice says slowly. "Delia" Alex sighs annoyed and she continues to look down at the table. "The least I can do is help you do your job. You get your officers off Wilkins, I'll cover him" she explains. Alex laughs and shakes her head, as she turns around and faces her. "No, he's our responsibility, once you handed him off officially. And truthfully, I just don't trust you" she smiles. "Alex! Let her cover. We need the help" Greg demands. "Sarge! She ca-" Alex starts to say but Greg continues. "Alex. We need the help" he states again.

Alex looks back up at Delia and rolls her eyes as she takes the phone away from her ear. "Just be lucky my dad has more trust in you then I do" Alex hisses. "Okay. Fine. She is on her way. She'll send Wordy and Donna your way" Alex continues. "Copy that" Greg answers as Delia walks away and out the door, towards the room that the prisoner is in.

"Hey, Walter. Greg Parker. So, we gotta figure this one out, huh?" Greg starts as he stands beside Eddie. "I was under the impression all the figuring had been done, Greg" Walter argues. "Yeah, I'm gonna have to be honest with you, I'm not gonna be able to give you what you want" Greg admits as Eddie leaves his side.

Greg watches as Spike slowly walks away from his post behind Walter and meets up with Eddie and Lou. "Spike, I need you to scan for any kind of radio frequencies. Boss's got a hunch" Eddie demands. "What about Sam? This guy's escalating. Let me try for a hand-to-hand takedown" Lou states. Eddie shakes his head slowly. "It's too risky. He drops it, I'll lose you both. No way" he explains. Spike looks up confused. "No sniper, no distraction, no hand-to-hand, what do we have left?" he asks. "I'll get the slug. It's a longshot, I know, but it's all we got" Eddie admits as the him and Lou head towards the trucks, and Spike scans for radio frequencies.

"So, you wanna tell me what this is all about then?" Greg continues as Donna and Wordy come running up beside him. "I just, uh...To be honest, Greg...just need some time here" Walter advises as sweat drips down his red flushed face. "Okay, you want time. You wanna explain that to me?" Greg questions calmly. "Can't explain it to you, Greg, 'cause you don't know. Nobody knows. People who say they do know, they're the worst. You know, all these people, they say they want to help you, they just don't leave you alone...you know? But you gotta be alone to understand why. Right?" Walter snaps as he looks at Greg seriously.

"I've got the slug. Spike, we're on our way" Eddie announces. "You gotta be really careful, okay? It'll do the job, it'll paralyze on contact, but, Ed, the range is short and that thing doesn't shoot straight. You don't him dead on, it could be...it could be bad for Sam" Spike explains as he sits down in a chair with a little device on his lap. "Spike, we got no choice" Eddie answers quickly.

"Why should he live when every day, what...what he did kills all of us? It kills all of us, Greg, a little bit more, and a little bit more and a little bit more, until there's nothing left" Walter panics as he waves his hand around with the bomb. "There is something left, Walter" Greg answers slowly as ehe tries very hard to stay calm. "What?! What's left, Greg?" Walter questions furious. "What's always been there, family. Your family. It still needs you, no matter what" Greg admits.

Walter snickers and looks down to the ground. "Family" he laughs as he pulls Sam closer towards him and holds him tight, and then looks back up at Greg. "Let me tell you a little bit about my family, Greg" he states. Walter takes a few deep breaths as Greg spots Eddie and Lou running behind Walter and towards his right side.

"I have a an...ex-wife...who drank herself into a coma every night for four years! And. She. Pities. Me! I have a mother and a father that I can't even look at without thinking about throwing up, and I have a CD where a daughter used to be; there's no family left, Greg! See, that's what you realize. I mean, there's no reason why, there's just people in pain, spinning around a black hole. Hoping that somebody, anybody-" Walter explains loudly as Sam looks at Greg and winks. Greg watches as Eddie comes close up beside Walter with a gun pointed at his hand. Walter raises his hand higher into the air and looks down at the ground. "Go now!" Sam yells.

Quickly Donna and Wordy take a step closer and Eddie pulls the trigger, releasing a substance that covers walters hand and the bomb in a thick goo, that hardens quickly. Walter falls to the ground from the force and Greg gently pushes both Donna and Wordy. "Go, go, go!" he says.

Team one surrounds Walter as he lies on the floor waving his hand around trying to let go of the bomb. "Stay down! Stay down!" Wordy screams. "Don't move!" Donna demands aggressively. Eddie puts the gun down and grabs onto Walters fee hand, twisting it so he now lies on the ground face first. "No!" Walter screams in pain as he struggles to move.

After cuffing him, Eddie and Wordy lift him back up onto his feet and Greg walks closer. "We know who's working with you, Walter...Come on...It was Broder, right?" Greg questions. Walter looks up at him angry and sighs. "Yeah" he answers quietly. "He put the call into the...into the victim's group for a distraction? The alternate route, he tipped you off? What's this better idea you're talking about? What's he supposed to do?" Greg asks again as he looks Walter in the eyes.

Walter looks down quickly and stays quiet. "Come on...buddy, he's already in custody. Whatever it is, it's not gonna happen. And the more cooperative you are, the better it'll be for you" Greg admits as Sam takes a step forward. "This isn't the Sudan, Walter" Sam states loudly, causing both Walter and Greg to look up at him quickly. "We can't change the rules. We got a job to do, no matter what" Sam continues.

Greg quickly gets back up to his feet and stands close to Sam. "What about the Sudan?" Greg questions. "He was stationed there last year. Why?" Sam asks confused and Greg quickly pulls out his phone and dials a number, placing it up to his ear. "Wordy, Donna, get back to the prisoner, right away" he states as calm as he could be. Team One stares at Greg confused and he shakes his head. "Superintendent McLean's office?....Yeah, did Agent Semple call today, about a change in the escort route for, uh, Peter Wilkins?" he asks.

Suddenly Greg scrunches up his face frustrated and hangs up the phone. "Okay, Ed, uh they didn't get a call...They didn't get a call, she wasn't talking to them" Greg panics. "So, what's that got to do with Broder?" Eddie questions loudly. "Yeah, and I think Broder was telling the truth. He didn't have anything to do with this. It was Walter and Delia" Greg shouts as he looks down at Walter sitting on the floor, pissed off.

"There not here, boss" Wordy's voice says through the headset. "Copy that" Greg answers. "Boss?" Donna's voice then questions. "Yes, Donna?" Greg asks loudly. "Neither is Alex" she admits. Greg quickly looks at Eddie shocked. "She knew" Greg sighs. "She knew and I didn't believe her...Again" he continues.

Greg turns to Walter again and kneels down in front of him. "Listen to me, Walter. I know you think you're trying to protect her, but you're not. If Agent Semple hurts that man, she's done, she's destroyed" he explains furiously. "Have you not been listening, Greg?...She's already done" Walter mumbles as he looks slowly up at him. "Wilkins got her sister the same time he got my Julie. She could've lost it like most of us, but she was she was strong. She didn't even tell her Superiors. Her sister had a married name, so she just kept it to herself" he continues. "She tell you this in Khartoum? The Sudan?" Greg questions calmly. "Yeah" Walter admits.

"It's like it happened for a reason. I mean, what are the chances, both of us there, both of us trying to get away from the same thing. But, you can't you can't get away...You can't get away. It's like you can it's like you can smell it on each other, you know? It stinks. Like, uh like gasoline. That kind of pain" he continues to say. "What's she gonna do, Walter?" Greg questions concerned. Walter stays quiet for a few seconds and then looks down at the floor and shakes his head slowly. "All I had to do was shoot him....Now, that's all she has to do" he states.

"Boss, we're looking at the CCTV now" Wordy advises as he looks down at the computer screen with all the camera angles on it. "Wait a minute...Wait a minute" Donna says as she runs towards another computer and starts typing away. "If she used her ID card, there's a record of it. Right here, I got her. Third basement, right below us" she states as she points at the computer. "The two of you get down there, I'm on my way. Cover Alex" Greg demands as he gets up and starts to walk away from Walter. "Copy" Wordy answers.

Alex runs towards the basement door and instantly hears a gunshot. She quickly pulls out an ID badge she got this morning and holds it up. "Come on!" Alex whispers frantically. Suddenly the door beeps and she quickly opens it holding her gun up. "Close your eyes and this'll be over" Delia's voice echoes through the car garage as Alex walks slowly around a huge pillar. "Please" the prisoners voice wheezes. "Close your eyes!" Delia screams frustrated.

"Agent Semple!" Alex yells as she stands, pointing her gun towards Delia. Delia quickly looks up and smiles. "Alex. I just want him to close his eyes" she states calmly. "Why? So you can kill him without having to look him in the eyes?" Alex questions. "You need to put the gun down." "Why!?" Delia quickly asks. "Why shouldn't I shoot him? He came after you, remember?" she continues to scream. "Yeah, now look at me. I'm protecting him...from you" Alex answers quietly.

Delia looks back down at the prisoner as he lays on the ground bleeding from her other shot. "I said, close your eyes!" she screams frustrated as she holds the gun towards his head again. Suddenly, Alex feels a hand on her shoulder. "Alex, make sure you're on target" Wordy whispers and Alex steady's her gun and continues to hold it up. "If you don't put the gun down, we'll be forced to shoot you, do you understand?" Wordy questions loudly.

"Delia...Delia, what're you doing?...This isn't right, this isn't justice, this is vengeance, you know that!" Greg announces as he walk slowly beside Alex as she continues to hold her gun up towards Delia. "You don't know what I know!" Delia screams as tears begin to fall from her eyes. "Okay. But can I tell you what I do know? You've had Wilkins all alone for nearly twenty minutes. You could've killed him by now, but you didn't. Because you're a cop, you're not a killer" Greg explains as Delia looks up and stares into Alex's eyes and then back down at the prisoner. "I was a good cop. I was a good sister" she sighs as her hands tremble holding the gun. "And you still can be" Greg admits camly. Delia begins to look more aggressive as she holds the gun, now with one hand. "No, he took that away. Now, I'm just this!" Delia screams frustrated as she looks back down at Wilkins and focuses. Greg quickly takes a step forward and looks at her panicked. "Delia, no!" he shouts.

Suddenly a gun goes off, and Delia falls to the floor. Alex stands there with her gun still pointed up, shocked as Wordy and Eddie run up to the prisoner. Greg looks over at Alex and slowly turns towards her, as she stands frozen breathing heavily. "Alex...Hey" he whispers as he places his hand on top of the gun and slowly lowers it. Alex's eyes were wide as she stares down at the lifeless body not far from her. She then feels her father slide his arm around her back and quickly pull her in towards him, turning her to look away.

***

Team One returns to HQ and Greg sits down with the team and the briefing room to go over the transcripts. "After which point, Mr.Wilkins was returned to our custody and the body of Agent Delia Semple was transported to Metro General, awaiting an autopsy" he states and then takes a deep breath as he looks around the table. "Alex, you have anything to add?" he questions as he looks at his shocked daughter, who sits beside him. Alex quickly looks up and looks around the table. But she doesn't say anything before she looks back down at the papers.

"How did SIU go?" Eddie questions curiously. Alex then looks up again and shrugs her shoulders. "I shot a cop; they're really happy" she answers sarcastically. Everyone shifts in their seats and Alex looks back down frustrated. "Alex, you know the saying here" Greg says quietly, but loud enough for the team to hear. "Just 'cause you did right, doesn't mean you get to feel right" Alex says as she looks up again and looks around the table. "Our hands are clean, yeah?" she asks confused and everyone else looks around the table. "Okay...Go home. Sleep, Relax. You all did good today" she continues as she stands up and fakes a smile, and then walks out of the room.

***

Later that night, Greg made sure Alex was okay before he left to over to Eddie's for a drink. Alex decided to sit at home on her couch in the dark, quiet living room thinking about everything that happened. She can hear the gunshot going off on repeat through her head. Instantly, Alex begins to feel her chest become heavy and tears start to roll down her cheeks. Her breathing becomes quick and her heart starts to race. The she hears a knock at the door, and slowly walks towards it.

When she opens the door, Spike stands there looking at her sweetly, and Alex continues to cry. Spike quickly walks in and shuts the door, then he turns around and wraps his arms around Alex and holds her tight. "I...I killed..someone. I t...took a life" Alex stutters as she clenches onto Spikes shirt. "I know" Spike whispers as he slides a hand down the back of her head. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

173K 4.8K 20
ANNOUNCEMENT MARCH 17, 2021 This story, as well as my other Justice League Universe story 'Heroes', is being completely rewritten! First I will rewri...
28.6K 700 25
Today was my 20th birthday. I wasn't having a party, or going out with the girls, nothing like that. I'm going to the SRU headquarters to try out to...
25.6K 1.3K 36
Alice "Ali" Baker had it all. She had an amazing loving family, a big brother to follow everywhere, and a neighbor who made her heart burst from desi...
11.6K 255 15
Olivia Benson, Detective for Manhattan SVU, mother to a five year old little girl, and married to her best friend. What happens when a heinous crime...